Disconnect Due to Incorrect Map Info/Hack Tool Detected

Comments

• yea, this isnt working, on the ports listed in the update, are those TCP or UDP?
  • Its not even better with the new patch... :(
  • Not a solution

This problem is caused by Crossfire's code. The problem did not show up until a patch was released and keeps getting worse with every one it seems. I Highly suggest that the kids that play this game Do NOT try to alter these settings. It's on G4 to find the problem in the code. Change these settings at your own risk.
  • I only have this problem when i buy ZP, its starts working again when any guns/armor/ and the like are on there last few hours of availability. i bought 20000 ZP and it was wasted because i was never able to get on the game and use my purchases.

Also, the solutions dont work.
  • Sniper902 wrote: »
    yea, this isnt working, on the ports listed in the update, are those TCP or UDP?
    13008 TCP
    10009 TCP
    16666 UDP

I dont know about you guys but port number 16666 actually helped me and I connected my laptop directly to the modem. Windows Vista 32bit

I played the entire morning no disconnection. Everything functions incredible and stable but thats me try it. Cant hurt. And no dont disable any of your firewalls thats stupid and dangerous. Just open the ports thourgh your windows firewall with these protocols. And like I said it worked for me. *_*
  • this is NOT solved.. i tried it, both solutions...Maybe the servers just need to restart? or is it just crossfire?
  • It appears that this error is being caused by certain routers forcibly shutting down the connection to the Crossfire servers. Most home routers have a hardware firewall built into them, which is causing these connections to be dropped.

The first solution, although not optimal, is to connect your computer directly to your modem rather than the router. This should resolve the problem.

The second solution is a little more detailed. Consult your router's documentation on how to either disable the router's firewall, or place your computer in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). Unfortunately because of the sheer number of different routers I am unable to provide a how-to here on the forum. If you are not using a router, be sure to allow all traffic from the the following IP addresses:

SERVER1=74.200.6.161
    SERVER2=74.200.6.163

Here are links to the support pages of the most common router manufacturers:

Linksys
    http://www.linksysbycisco.com/EU/en/support

Netgear
    http://kb.netgear.com/app/

Belkin
    http://www.belkin.com/support/

If you would like to try and find the router settings for yourself, you can follow these steps to get to the router's setup screen:

- Go to http://www.routerpasswords.com/ and find the default password for your router
    - Open a command prompt window
    - Enter IPCONFIG and press enter
    - Write down both the IP address and Default Gateway

ipconfigy.png

- Open your web browser and browse to the default gatewayfrom the last step
    - Example: if the Gateway was 192.168.1.1, enter http://192.168.1.1

routern.png

Enter the username and password and you will be presented with the router's configuration page. Look for security and/or firewall options. If trying to move the computer to the DMZ, use the IP address that was listed when you did IPCONFIG.

Once the router's firewall is disabled or the computer placed in the DMZ you will want to make sure that the windows firewall is active, as you will no longer be getting firewall protection from the router.

If you need assistance with this issue, feel free to visit us in the Crossfire IRC chat. The link is in my signature. If I am online and available I would be happy to walk you through the process of configuring your router.

[UPDATE 5/30/2010]

Earlier today I assisted someone on IRC that has been experiencing this error. Upon checking out his router settings, I noticed that the firewall was set by default to a very strict blocking mode. One I added the Crossfire ports of 13008 and 16666 to his firewall exceptions he was able to play without error.

I urge everyone who is experiencing this problem to familiarize yourself with firewall settings, especially router firewalls. There are far too many different models of routers for me to make a specific guide. As always, if you see me in the IRC chat I can assist you with this in realtime.
    i am not running a router and my ping is 24-27 allways i have high speed cable moden directly into my pc.So now wth i got dc 15 times in a row and this all just started in the past few weeks i've been playing cf for over a year and i am second lutenant in pubstarz. i no hak eathier...cf needs to resolve theses issues cause im not the only one.
  • This game is awesome and all, but it's not worth all the hassle of reconfiguring my firewall settings. Yes, it's free. But the community here seems to think that anybody with any decent aiming skills is a hacker.

I really don't mean to judge a game by it's community, but it's awfully hard to enjoy CF when you're getting booted from every game you join just because you got 1 too many kills. Good day, to you all. I'll stick with my 360.
  • I solved my problem...

Even tough this error did not show up until the most resent bug fix patch for me... I did some work on my end. I use DSL and hope this might help some others as well. Try changing your Dsl filters. I noticed I only get this error when someone was using or trying to use the telephone. It may sound stupid to some of you, but I changed mine out and solved my problems. And your dsl modem comes with extra's so its not something your gonna have to waste money on. Hope this helps some of you. because personally I was not about to change The settings as suggested by the MOD. That's a very risky work around not a fix...
  • I managed to find a makeshift bypass for anyone who is experiencing this problem, try getting into a room thats about to go to result screen, hopefully it gives you the message right as your going to results screen, the game will glitch out and you'll have to manually shut it off but if you log in after that the game runs smoothly until you log out and then you'll have that same error again when you start it up. I have been testing this for 3 days now and its definitely a bypass to the problem not a solution, but hey sometimes you just gotta work with what you got...
  • First I reinstalled Crossfire from a different mirror. Then I disabled the firewall from my computer and disabled my anti-virus. Then I went to my router settings and disabled the router's firewall.

I still get the diconnected error.

Then I went and put my comp in the dmz zone and enabled plug n play.

I still get the discconected error.

I've done everything possible and The problem is still there.

On top of that, the mods don't answer in the IRC chate.
  • Thread fail

This is solved?This is fail..Gm's make something bored this routers options etc.Make something cuz problem in client not on pc's.Stil z8 support fail try solved the problem with each person and allways error.CLIENT PROBLEM NOT PERSONAL OR ROUTER.

• > n o t s o l v e d <

Second time the game gives this error! The solutions posted in the beginning of this thread are just not good for me. Since I have to use the router and share it, I can't just disable the entire security.

Please better solution for this, and this problem its not Solved....
  • Z8games is a joke, i played lots of fps games and I've never seen this bad of support. Why haven't a MOD replied to this, clearly this is not a "solution"
  • Not correct info
    It happens on both inbound and outbound connections. Listen people, I'm just a volunteer and I'm doing my best to find out how to enable you guys to play the game. Personally I use a Linksys WRT54GS router and have no problem at all. Don't take my head off about this. Every indication shows that computers that are directly connected to a modem have no problem connecting to the game, so yes...it is a router issue.

Grey, your assumption that this problem only happens with routers is not right. I read the posts and disconnected my router. Now my pc is directly connected to the internet and I have been having this problem all day. I really don't see how enabling UPnP would fix this problem. This is a Z8Games problem, not our pc's and since Z8Games isn't to quick to fix the problem I will stop spending money on it and find a different game to play. No sense spending any more money on a game that I can't play.

hurry up and solve it please.... my router firewall has always been disabled...i dunno what the hell you want us to do but this is obviously a game/server/client error and has nothing to do with our routers or some lame as crap you guys are trying to pull.

I never ever had this issue before this escape mode patch. The funny thing is us ZP users, the ones sponsoring this game are the ones that are suffering. Can't you just unpatch the dam game and reintroduce escape mode once you guys are definitive that the bug is fixed?
  • What I find very disrespectful to the people that spend money on this game is the fact that not one admin has taken the time to post here. There are plenty of people that spend money on this game. Z8Games has no problem taking our money but are not quick to address us or our complaints. Wake up Z8Games, you're going to lose business and business=money.
  • What i found out is that i only can play during 1o'clock till 7 or 8 i can't play at night i disconnected every time when i play at night but during the day i don't
  • So here we are, another day of being disconnected and surprise, STILL no admin has addressed this issue with us. Maybe an admin can answer this, how can I get a refund for the ZP that I bought that I can't use? I refuse to pay for things I can't use. I will call my CC and file disputes with PP also. Having this thread marked as [SOLVED] is ******ed also since apparently the problem isn't fixed.
  • Find more mods on the off topic section then this section they just don't care, just got d/ced twice right now.

Why don't they have some other person that work here thats knows this problem and talk to us instead of these ass mods
  • I'M SO GLAD Z8 SAW THROUGH TO TELL US ABOUT THE NEW WAYS TO PAY THEM!
    I'M SO EXCITED I CAN PAY THEM IN NEW WAYS
    THESE NEW WAYS TO PAY FOR THIS GAME WILL REVOLUTIONIZE THE INTERNET!!!
    if only the game was playable.
  • It's so complicated for someone who doesn't know computers, can't you guys fix it in a patch or something?
  • I don't even know if the admins are accepting the fact that there is a problem to fix. We have gotten no response from an admin. I have been having this problem consistently for the last 2-3 days and have no idea when of it this will be fixed. To be honest this is ****ing me off now
  • I don't even know if the admins are accepting the fact that there is a problem to fix. We have gotten no response from an admin. I have been having this problem consistently for the last 2-3 days and have no idea when of it this will be fixed. To be honest this is ****ing me off now

2-3 days ? hahaha !!!
    I've been waiting for a fix/reply for 5 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have a LONG way to go before you are as pizzed off as I am

honestly I gave up on being pizzed off , moved onto don't give a dam anymore
  • It's been happening on and off again dragon but in the last 3 days it has been happening every time I play a game. That's what I meant to say. It really wasn't a problem when it wasn't happening a lot but every time now, give me a break.
  • It's been happening on and off again dragon but in the last 3 days it has been happening every time I play a game. That's what I meant to say. It really wasn't a problem when it wasn't happening a lot but every time now, give me a break.

wasn't breaken your ba11z . it was more at the fruteration of z8 not fixing or replying to the people with this problem. there are a few things that help , its not a fix , and doesn't work for everyone .
    when you log into the game go into the clan server and sit idol for a few mins. for some reason the clan server seems to be ok after a few mins go into another server wait a few more min see if you stay connected it might take a few tries, but this has worked for me 80% of the time. gamebooster seems to help also. the less background crap going on in my pc the less i get dc. this is what I use http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?tag=mncol its free comes with gamebooster/spyware,adware remover/smart defrag/ pc boost, and a lot of other things. turning off AV and firewall also improves connection. until the problem is truly solved i guess we'll have to keep looking for these "work arounds" to the problem.
  • So the first post said, that CF runs on the ports 13008 and 16666. Are those TCP or UDP protocols? (or even both?) I want to add CF to my router's exception list there.
  • fck this sh1t

plz remove [SOLVED] from the thread name..cuz this isn't solved..not eve one bit..
    fckin errors >.<'''
  • XTRAP Abnormal Game Client

I shut down all my windows services, the ones I can, other than for my internet plus a couple of others, and I can run the game. It's funny though, because when I do this I get an XTrap error every so often, and asks me if I want to send email. The error is "....Abnormal Game Client." Turning off services is complicated at best, and, unless you know what you are doing, "DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!"
This discussion has been closed.