This is ridiculous!!! So much damn lag and spiking from the new patch!!!

2»

Comments

• #1: go to task manager and set your CF to priority LOW. win7 has problems with ping like that.
    #2: florida and 150 ping? lies. i have friends with 70 ping :D
    #3: they will fix it, wait a week...
  • KDxWrecker wrote: »
    #1: go to task manager and set your CF to priority LOW. win7 has problems with ping like that.
    #2: florida and 150 ping? lies. i have friends with 70 ping :D
    #3: they will fix it, wait a week...

W7 has ping probs? I run W7 and my ping is god! ....
  • before the patch my ping was normally 59-63 now it is 102-200... this is getting old T_T
  • Xtrap just updated and I think the problem is resolved cuz my ping is back to normal but not as good as it was before the patch. However, it is playable now.
  • Okay I was just giving it a try and I found out that, the more players join in the more dumb the ping gets, problem is my internet is very fast, ping is great with other games. Both "crossfire.exe" and "HGWC.exe" are approved through the firewall.
  • They must have done something because my game returned to normal 50-60 status. Although I think it's a little higher (in the order of 60s).

Just want to thank every1 here for the help. Didn't need to change the priority of crossfire.exe.

Let's see if the problem is finally resolved.
  • Its just because you dont live in Canada.
  • My ping to has gone way up. You can say all you want about servers havent moved, updates have nothing to do with ping. You are wrong my friend. My ping was 35/45 update came, ping changed 65/75, I made a post about it, got the same lame post as you. Now new update now my ping is 114/135. Guess what servers havent moved nor have I. So what now hero? You guys at Z8 need to look at what you have done, to cause this ping jump. Are you trying to even pings so the BR can hacks us to death?
  • Omegasigma wrote: »
    Okay I was just giving it a try and I found out that, the more players join in the more dumb the ping gets, problem is my internet is very fast, ping is great with other games. Both "crossfire.exe" and "HGWC.exe" are approved through the firewall.

Yep I noticed that too. I think the reason the ping might be jumping when more players join is maybe because when more people join it starts to affect your PC more, and more fps lag can affect ping.

And setting my crossfire.exe priority to Low just doesn't work. I set it to Realtime and my ping does a 180, dropping from 150-300+, to 66-130 lmao. (Win7)

Even though the priority **** has fixed my ping, the patch did really increase pings. You guys say that the updates didn't have anything to do with ping, and you have no clue of what exactly all of the updates to the game consisted of, besides some patch notes that you see.

They probably tried to mess with the networks and are still testing different things to make the ping better.
  • woah 150 ping before the patch, and you live in Florida!?! My cuz gets 60-70 easy and he lives in florida. Are you playing with a laptop on a wireless connection by any chance?
  • woah 150 ping before the patch, and you live in Florida!?! My cuz gets 60-70 easy and he lives in florida. Are you playing with a laptop on a wireless connection by any chance?

No, I don't use laptops for gaming.

My ping is sometimes 66-83, but most of the time it's around 110-180...

I was in Alpha server tonight seeing what I would get, and I'm back to spiking. Sometimes it'll be real low like 60s and 80s or 106, then I'm playing some, and it's spiking through 180-286-646 with 600 the highest I've seen

And to you guys who say you've got ping like 60 or maybe even lower I guess, does your ping stay like that for the MAJORITY of the time, day in and day out? Yesterday I was 80 average, and I just tried an hour or two ago, and ping is 100-200, spiking as high as 600.

This ping problem is very stupid. Logged off, cuz ping was ****ing my gameplay.
  • Not the patch, noway, cant be, your wrong, the patch was great. lmao
  • poopueat wrote: »
    ISP: Comcast Cable (#1 OR ONE OF THE TOP IN THE WORLD)
    Ping before patch: 150-200
    Ping after patch: 250-700 and even hit 1177 once![
    Bro if u have that ping, u dont have the best i net provider....i live in texas and i have 55-63 ping...ima have to say its ur net connection >.>

and im talking about ur ping before the patch....
  • This is Ridiculous

This is the problem with this game. 44 replies, 588 views, and not one Mod or Admin, trying to help. Do you guys care about game play at all, or just making money ?
  • They do not give a damn about you. They only care about those that are dumb enough to spend money with them.

The true sign that they do not care is that there is not even a single notice that they acknowledge the issue exists and are working to fix it.

Oh, and NEVER rely on the GM or the Mods to do anything that might expose thier collective backside to the possibilities they may be wrong. Remember, they are there NOT for you but for themselves and Z8 Games.
    On the very day that there was the 3-4 hour maintenace for the latest patch we've had, I was playing crossfire and NO PROBLEMS...NONE.

And after that patch....**** hit the fan. My ping is usually a steady 150, and around 200 when I've just spawned.

Now, EVERYWHERE I GO IN ANY ROOM, ANY SERVER, MY PING IS 230 spiking to 600 and 700s?!!!!

PLEASE Crossfire team, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SPIKING AND HIGH PING. Ever since this last patch my ping is going nuts! I CAN'T PLAY LIKE THIS! I shoot someone in the head 3-4 times, and only OCCASIONALLY the headshot or body shots will register! This is driving me damn crazy.

I love to use my shotgun and when I headshot someone, it's a 1 shot kill. Now the ping **** it all up!

Some other infos is:
    Ping after patch: 250-700 and even hit 1177 once!
    Some computer specs: AMD Athlon II x2 250 Processor (2 CPUs) @3.0GHz, ATI Radeon HD 4200 892 memory, 2GB Ram, Win7 Ultimate.

^This system above, is not even 1 month old.

Seriously guys, please check what the problem could be! I also tried something else where someone said to change the priority of crossfire to low and same **** -_-. Please to the crossfire team, help me out with this. I don't want to quit this game, but it's unplayable at this point.

i dunno if its the game or your peoples computers? i havnt noticed any change in ping im sitting steady at 49-50 all the time no spikes what so ever
    scan your computer for malware and viruses
  • still waiting for a Mod to respond/ lmao/ like they will/ lololololololo
  • Well i have comcast.. and i live in the eastcoast my ping used to be 50 the lowest ant 70 the highest.. but trust me after the mutation patch came along.. i think everybody has the same spiking problems. Note that if you use windows 7. do what i said before, set crossfire to RealTime this will help dramatically, i have tried it in 3 different computers and it has worked. droping my ping to 70 to 120-- the highest.. which is okay i guess. Unlike having to play with 70 ping next thing you know 1000 and you are floating.
  • OMG, they don't give a sh!t about us..

my ping was about 110-130 before the last patch and now i'm having 230-280 spiking to 700s and 1000s....

i think Z8Games will fail in ONLINE GAMING...

guys, why don't you just sell your site to others who are more pro. than you.

I CANNOT PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE,,
  • icanbebad wrote: »
    Well i have comcast.. and i live in the eastcoast my ping used to be 50 the lowest ant 70 the highest.. but trust me after the mutation patch came along.. i think everybody has the same spiking problems. Note that if you use windows 7. do what i said before, set crossfire to RealTime this will help dramatically, i have tried it in 3 different computers and it has worked. droping my ping to 70 to 120-- the highest.. which is okay i guess. Unlike having to play with 70 ping next thing you know 1000 and you are floating.

does setting crossfire 2 realtime help for windows vista?
    On the very day that there was the 3-4 hour maintenace for the latest patch we've had, I was playing crossfire and NO PROBLEMS...NONE.

And after that patch....**** hit the fan. My ping is usually a steady 150, and around 200 when I've just spawned.

Now, EVERYWHERE I GO IN ANY ROOM, ANY SERVER, MY PING IS 230 spiking to 600 and 700s?!!!!

PLEASE Crossfire team, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SPIKING AND HIGH PING. Ever since this last patch my ping is going nuts! I CAN'T PLAY LIKE THIS! I shoot someone in the head 3-4 times, and only OCCASIONALLY the headshot or body shots will register! This is driving me damn crazy.

I love to use my shotgun and when I headshot someone, it's a 1 shot kill. Now the ping **** it all up!

Some other infos is:
    Ping after patch: 250-700 and even hit 1177 once!
    Some computer specs: AMD Athlon II x2 250 Processor (2 CPUs) @3.0GHz, ATI Radeon HD 4200 892 memory, 2GB Ram, Win7 Ultimate.

^This system above, is not even 1 month old.

Seriously guys, please check what the problem could be! I also tried something else where someone said to change the priority of crossfire to low and same **** -_-. Please to the crossfire team, help me out with this. I don't want to quit this game, but it's unplayable at this point.

hey there,

to fix it do the following

right click on CrossFire
    then chose "open file location"
    then, you will find a file called "CF_G4box.exe"
    right click on it and chose "properties"
    go to "compatibility"
    then check Run this program in compatibility mode for:

Change it to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"

then Apply then ok then restart your computer and have fun...

the above steps for those who use Win7

let me know if I fixed your problem

:D
  • Im probably one of those lucky guy that has never had any problem with this game (except when the planting bomb disconnect bug has appeared) I never had any problem regarding ping/spike and what not..

But im always looking forward for my knowledge on this game and since there is alot of issue, it actually help to understand what is going on after/before a patch.

Thus.. I have 15ping on CF and I like it.

bad point? no GM has taken time to read this thread, hope they will.