This is ridiculous!!! So much damn lag and spiking from the new patch!!!

On the very day that there was the 3-4 hour maintenace for the latest patch we've had, I was playing crossfire and NO PROBLEMS...NONE.

And after that patch....**** hit the fan. My ping is usually a steady 150, and around 200 when I've just spawned.

Now, EVERYWHERE I GO IN ANY ROOM, ANY SERVER, MY PING IS 230 spiking to 600 and 700s?!!!!

PLEASE Crossfire team, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SPIKING AND HIGH PING. Ever since this last patch my ping is going nuts! I CAN'T PLAY LIKE THIS! I shoot someone in the head 3-4 times, and only OCCASIONALLY the headshot or body shots will register! This is driving me damn crazy.

I love to use my shotgun and when I headshot someone, it's a 1 shot kill. Now the ping **** it all up!

Some other infos is:
ISP: Comcast Cable (#1 OR ONE OF THE TOP IN THE WORLD)
Ping before patch: 150-200
Ping after patch: 250-700 and even hit 1177 once!
Some computer specs: AMD Athlon II x2 250 Processor (2 CPUs) @3.0GHz, ATI Radeon HD 4200 892 memory, 2GB Ram, Win7 Ultimate.

^This system above, is not even 1 month old.

Seriously guys, please check what the problem could be! I also tried something else where someone said to change the priority of crossfire to low and same **** -_-. Please to the crossfire team, help me out with this. I don't want to quit this game, but it's unplayable at this point.

Comments

• First of all, even if they update something, that CANT be affecting your PING. They didnt change server location/changed ISP and what not.

Be sure to look if you have any firewall/antivirus running (if so, i would recommend you to disable it while playing)
    As for COMCAST, yes its a good ISP but you still live in Florida which is far from Toronto server.
    Im from Montreal and i have around 10-15ping even since the beginning.. and even after the patch my ping is still the same.

If i was you, i would try a tracert with a server IP just to see where the spike/lag is coming.

Not sure if this is good http://crossfire.real-time.com/metaserver or that list
    Alpha Server: 74.200.6.135
    Bravo Server: 74.200.6.136
    Charlie Server: 74.200.6.137
    Delta Server: 74.200.6.154
    Echo Server: 74.200.6.155
    West Server:74.200.6.157

but you should try tracert them just to be sure.

My 2 cents.
  • You watn me to tell you worse?

Was like cool a new GM lets take a 90day shovel with my 39cupons. So wen to black market cliked on copons exchange clike shovel exchanged and FK YOU Z8 it gave me 7day shovel for 15cupons can yopu belive this? But z8games are not fking robbers so I sent a ticket and they sent me back we sent your request to technical support...
  • ax0 wrote: »
    First of all, even if they update something, that CANT be affecting your PING. They didnt change server location/changed ISP and what not.

Be sure to look if you have any firewall/antivirus running (if so, i would recommend you to disable it while playing)
    As for COMCAST, yes its a good ISP but you still live in Florida which is far from Toronto server.
    Im from Montreal and i have around 10-15ping even since the beginning.. and even after the patch my ping is still the same.

If i was you, i would try a tracert with a server IP just to see where the spike/lag is coming.

Not sure if this is good http://crossfire.real-time.com/metaserver or that list
    Alpha Server: 74.200.6.135
    Bravo Server: 74.200.6.136
    Charlie Server: 74.200.6.137
    Delta Server: 74.200.6.154
    Echo Server: 74.200.6.155
    West Server:74.200.6.157

but you should try tracert them just to be sure.

My 2 cents.
    i had the same problem. this is what you do. Open taskbar. then click on show processes from all users. then open crossfire and log in as usual. then go back to your taskbar by pressing ALT-TAB. Select crossfire in your processes and right click on it. SELECT- SET PRIORITY TO REALTIME. this is most important thing. but remember you must do this everytime you open crossfire. I had the same similar issues before. i think this happens to windows 7 users. MY ping used to be 60 constant when i used XP . switched to 7 then the spikes just starting to go crazy. from 70 to 1000 and so on. but if it helps . just pass the word around.. REMEMBER REALTIME .
  • icanbebad wrote: »
    i had the same problem. this is what you do. Open taskbar. then click on show processes from all users. then open crossfire and log in as usual. then go back to your taskbar by pressing ALT-TAB. Select crossfire in your processes and right click on it. SELECT- SET PRIORITY TO REALTIME. this is most important thing. but remember you must do this everytime you open crossfire. I had the same similar issues before. i think this happens to windows 7 users. MY ping used to be 60 constant when i used XP . switched to 7 then the spikes just starting to go crazy. from 70 to 1000 and so on. but if it helps . just pass the word around.. REMEMBER REALTIME .
    icanbebad I tried it (REAL TIME stuff) but I get the [Access denied bullsh*t]. How can I have access to it?
    I chenged CF_G4box.exe and crossfire.exe to run as ADMIN in Properties but it didn't work out.
    Any sugestions?

Cheers
  • FToOMVSOo wrote: »
    icanbebad I tried it (REAL TIME stuff) but I get the [Access denied bullsh*t]. How can I have access to it?
    I chenged CF_G4box.exe and crossfire.exe to run as ADMIN in Properties but it didn't work out.
    Any sugestions?

Cheers

Are you administrator on your computer? Do you have multiple account on that computer (like your father, mother, sister etc...)

Just to be sure that you have ALL access on your user account.
  • Some more info.

Well if I wrote:
    I chenged CF_G4box.exe and crossfire.exe to run as ADMIN
    I'm the administrator (of course).

In average I had 50-60 status in UK beta server (1 or 2) before the new patch but now every time some action is going on in Cross Fire status spikes like crazy to values like 2000-4000.

Of course it's unplayable. So if any1 can help I would appreciate very much.

Thanks in advance
  • Ok

ax0, how exactly do I find out what the source of the lag/spiking is from those traces?

Can you tell me like what your average ms you're getting from those that you posted there? I'm getting like: 7ms 8ms 9ms, then after like 3 hops, it's at 30-40ms for those servers u posted.

Or do I have to look at the ISP that's closest to where I live in the tracert outputs?

And thanks FToOMVVSOo for posting your problem too. I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this problem. Win7 is such a *****.

And I will try the alt-tab realtime thing you posted @Icanbebad. I hope it works.
  • yeah! me too..i feel lag/spikes after the patch..but before, i never feel any lags..
  • poopueat wrote: »
    Ok

ax0, how exactly do I find out what the source of the lag/spiking is from those traces?

Can you tell me like what your average ms you're getting from those that you posted there? I'm getting like: 7ms 8ms 9ms, then after like 3 hops, it's at 30-40ms for those servers u posted.

Or do I have to look at the ISP that's closest to where I live in the tracert outputs?

And thanks FToOMVVSOo for posting your problem too. I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this problem. Win7 is such a *****.

And I will try the alt-tab realtime thing you posted @Icanbebad. I hope it works.

Can you please copy/paste me what you have exactly in the tracert ? Should have 30 hops
  • No problem poopueat. I thank you for making this thread.
    Now I forgot to wrote I'm in Windows Vista (Ultimate version :( ).
    I've never experienced lags like this (only when downloading something in an external application). I'm getting the sense there is a bunch of people who are just waiting for the resolution of this one.

About tracert command I tried:
    - the alpha server:
    "1 * * * The request timed out.
    2 * * * The request timed out.
    3 * * * The request timed out.
    4 * * * The request timed out.
    5 * * * The request timed out.
    6 * * * The request timed out.
    7 * * * The request timed out.
    8 25 ms 27 ms 18 ms 195.219.214.17
    9 45 ms 54 ms 54 ms if-12-0-0.mcore3.L78-London.as6453.net [195.219.144.141]
    10 692 ms 135 ms 136 ms if-2-0-0-916.mcore4.NYY-NewYork.as6453.net [195.219.144.98]
    11 140 ms 137 ms 136 ms if-1-0.mcore3.MTT-Montreal.as6453.net [216.6.114.17]
    12 138 ms 138 ms 142 ms ix-1-150.mcore3.MTT-Montreal.as6453.net [216.6.111.14]
    13 * 575 ms 145 ms 142.46.0.242
    14 132 ms 137 ms 137 ms 142.46.2.78
    15 140 ms 137 ms 140 ms dist1-2.brm2-f2.q9.net [74.200.14.40]
    16 135 ms 131 ms 134 ms dist1-2-g-access1-2.brm2.q9.net [74.200.10.122]
    17 * * * The request timed out.
    18 * * * The request timed out.
    19 * * * The request timed out.
    20 * * * The request timed out.
    21 * * * The request timed out.
    22 * * * The request timed out.
    23 * * * The request timed out.
    24 * * * The request timed out.
    25 * * * The request timed out.
    26 * * * The request timed out.
    27 * * * The request timed out.
    28 * * * The request timed out.
    29 * * * The request timed out.
    30 * * * The request timed out.

Tracert concluded."

Hope it helps.
  • 195.219.144.98 gives u 692ms. (new york)
    142.46.0.242 gives u 575ms. (this one i dont know)

Where are u from?
  • wtf

i have the same problem
    after patch i had 180 ping in alpha server
    before patch have 400+ ping
    plz HELP MODERATORS.....
  • poopueat wrote: »
    On the very day that there was the 3-4 hour maintenace for the latest patch we've had, I was playing crossfire and NO PROBLEMS...NONE.

And after that patch....**** hit the fan. My ping is usually a steady 150, and around 200 when I've just spawned.

Now, EVERYWHERE I GO IN ANY ROOM, ANY SERVER, MY PING IS 230 spiking to 600 and 700s?!!!!

PLEASE Crossfire team, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SPIKING AND HIGH PING. Ever since this last patch my ping is going nuts! I CAN'T PLAY LIKE THIS! I shoot someone in the head 3-4 times, and only OCCASIONALLY the headshot or body shots will register! This is driving me damn crazy.

I love to use my shotgun and when I headshot someone, it's a 1 shot kill. Now the ping **** it all up!

Some other infos is:
    ISP: Comcast Cable (#1 OR ONE OF THE TOP IN THE WORLD)
    Ping before patch: 150-200
    Ping after patch: 250-700 and even hit 1177 once!
    Some computer specs: AMD Athlon II x2 250 Processor (2 CPUs) @3.0GHz, ATI Radeon HD 4200 892 memory, 2GB Ram, Win7 Ultimate.

^This system above, is not even 1 month old.

Seriously guys, please check what the problem could be! I also tried something else where someone said to change the priority of crossfire to low and same **** -_-. Please to the crossfire team, help me out with this. I don't want to quit this game, but it's unplayable at this point.

dude 150-200 ping is still a shtload of lag. pretty much anything above 120 and u start to lag
  • Portugal@ax0. But before UK beta server appeared I played in alpha server and had status like 120 up to 140. Never spiked.
  • i have the same problem
    after patch i had 180 ping in alpha server
    before patch have 400+ ping
    plz HELP MODERATORS.....

What is wrong exactly? Before the patch you had 400+ ping and after the patch 180+ ping.. i think its a good thing for you, isnt it?

By the way, where are you from to get 400ms? How can you actually.. play?
    Portugal. But before UK beta server appeared I played in alpha server and had status like 120 up to 140. Never spiked.

I see that your first spike is coming from NewYork tho.. im not quite sure whats going on. Ill do tracert when i get home and ill post it here to see exactly if its a problem in the datacenter or not
    Any sugestions?

Cheers
    what you do is.. when you first open the task bark in the left bottom corner click on it.. it says show processes from all users. . it will give you the administrator access. that way it wont tell you it cant be done../ so once that is done.. open crossfire log in.. stay in the lobby. then bring up the taskbar and right click on the crossfire process. set priority to real time. hope that helps
  • ax0 wrote: »
    What is wrong exactly? Before the patch you had 400+ ping and after the patch 180+ ping.. i think its a good thing for you, isnt it?

By the way, where are you from to get 400ms? How can you actually.. play?

Sry

before >> 180 at alpha server & 70 uk servers
    after >> 400+
    but after update the game was normal but now i have this problem. Why ??
  • Same here, cmon guys it didnt happen in the past. Are they doing this on purpose to see if we will brag about it?

BTW, when the problem will be resolved well be sure to tell u.
  • what you do is.. when you first open the task bark in the left bottom corner click on it.. it says show processes from all users. . it will give you the administrator access.

icanbebad I tried it and it doesn't work (I sure altered to real time now). It just uses to much resources and didn't even solve the problem but thanks anyways for your tip.

I just hope some1 from the developers team patch this or come up with something to address this.
  • The lag has gotten a lot worse since the last patch.

Or could it be that many more Brazilians are logging on?
  • The patch that introduced MM made my ping go up from 160, to 200, despite an attempt by Z8. This patch made it to increase to 260...the kind of ping that I get from the Canadian servers. Basically no point in playing WC now for a lower ping...sigh...

Don't get me wrong, the patch was awesome, but the steady increase in ping makes gameplay more and more unbearable.
  • icanbebad wrote: »

This here I think has fixed my problem guys. I tried everything else, and before what I did was: open game > ctrl + alt + tab to open task manager > show all processes > right clicked crossfire.exe > Set Priority > Low.

But this time I did what icanbebad said, which was set crossfire.exe to REALTIME. After that, my ping lowered a ****load O_o; Windows 7 btw.

Now my ping is 66-113 average during gameplay...and that's A LOT better than my ping I had even when there were no ping issues. SO FAR, what I've quoted above has lowered my ping dramatically. ALSO, I noticed that the forums were down, and the news page was down on the launcher earlier in the day, and at that time my ping had lowered.

So don't worry guys, I think Z8 is trying to fix this. And players will stop playing if the ping is out of control.
  • Until Z8 finds a way to remove the Brazilians the lag fest that has been going on seems to be only getting worse.
  • Fixed, problem somehow repaired itself, I played today and the ping is back very good and very playable.
  • I know the problems solved, but just incase of the future.

I wouldn't say it's got anything to do with your computer specs. Computer specs don't really make a difference when it comes to your ping.
  • I know the problems solved, but just incase of the future.

I wouldn't say it's got anything to do with your computer specs. Computer specs don't really make a difference when it comes to your ping.

yah... well the problem is back n its fully functional.
  • I must be one of the lucky ones. My ping has always stayed around 55-70. Even with the patches it has never gone up. Even when I play with room full of people with ping over 150 my ping stays the same.
  • My ping has also risen after the patch from about 109 to 180.
  • damn... 200 PING still seems pretty high to me... mine normally floats at 54-60 O_o... It could be internet connection probs or maintenence occuring elsewhere on your lines....