V.I.P System - Breakdown & Reasoning

1) What is this VIP System and what does it do?
- This is implemented in other versions for 'ZP' buyers. I believe you pay for a certain amount of days or months for this feature. It allows a person to gain access to certain features that otherwise would be unavailable.

-Kick Vote Immune: You cannot be selected for vote kicks. Making you unable to be kicked from a room during game play.
-Access to special items/weapons only available to VIPs.
-Your rooms generate extra GP and XP for those who play, including you.
-Able to kick people on any side. Be it GR or BL, no matter what side your on. Even in FFA and MM.
-Possibly other features that I do not know of placed in other versions.

2) But wait a minute... Thats quite a bit of power! That'll be abused greatly!
-It shouldn't be all that easy to obtain for such membership. And should cost quite of ZP if we were ever to implement it. As well as other requirements needed to even obtain and continue using such.

-Only Master Sergeant/2nd LT or higher can purchase VIP. This will eliminate random low ranking players or new accounts from abusing this power. You will have had to play for quite a bit of time.
-Karma system, if a VIP is suspected of abusing the power, they can be reported if done so unfairly. Players can submit reports of evidence of a kick vote in place. Depending on the selection, will determine the method. Hacks and illegal programs will need a screen shot of the VIP kicking, as well as the replay for investigation. If the file was proved false, the VIP will gain a demerit. All other forms will generally only require a screen shot. If a VIP is shown to have been abusing such, they will be stripped of being able to use it.

******** using VIP's would be one of the easier methods of catching them. Adding an option to the Support web form of 'Is VIP?' to narrow down IGN and reports. VIPs would have more investigators considering the numbers probably wouldn't be as high. And being in their own category. Making them quicker targets to spot if they hacked.

I find that this would be a better solution than simply removing the kick system. Other versions have it and seems to workout quite nicely. It would also help stop players from taking abuse from new players and give a defense. At the risk of being responsible for some of their actions.

Comments and critique welcome.

Comments