Patch Notes 08-11-2010

Comments

• I'm getting major FPS lag now, it dropped from 85 to 20-25-ish.
  • im getting Mouse lag as if i have like 5 fps
    but my movement is fine T_T fix this plox
  • Quick question, is it z8's fault no one hw otried to reinstall the game can play cf. We all keep gettign this failed to download patch file message D:. Re dling cf dont work.
  • Bruce1nR wrote: »
    STOP saying "Oh Saidin lied, Saidin this, Saidin that."

As someone who talks to him on a consistent basis I can tell you that SAIDIN has the game at heart, not his wallet. He has done the best job that he can do in dealing with the non-english speaking, hungry for profit devs.

You guys wonder why things are always so quiet in regards to new and upcoming content? Because when Saidin says something like "Oh new competitive update coming! New guns coming!" everyone claps and cheers...

But then when the Devs change things at the last moment, for whatever reason (money, laziness, too busy playing SC2, w/e) you guys all come on the forum and go "BOOOO GM SAIDIN BAD MAN HE LIED FUCK ALL G4BOX/Z8GAMES".

But if no communication goes on, then you all go "Omg G4 doesn't care about the customers!"

I'm tired of you guys slamming GM Saidin. He works damn hard for US. He cares about the competitive side of the game, about the public side of the game, about the community. If you want to chase after someone, if you need to attach a name to your baseless and uneducated insults, then go after the Devs.

Saiden is in the middle, between the community and Devs. Fine, accepted. This is not his fault directly - Fine, accepted.

HOWEVER -

At the same time Bruce, it is great you speak with him on a consistent basis, and you know exactly what is going on etc etc BUT you Bruce are an ex mod, but you are just ONE person when there are THOUSANDS who have ZERO contact with him at all.

We know nothing about his intentions or his influence on CF. We only know as such he is the BOSS, the top Game Master and the one person at the head of what goes on in NA CF.

When He tells us there will be a competitive element in the next patch, and there is nothing but a complete joke, and disappointment, and he simply ignores what he said previously and attempts to big up the new patch, what on earth else do you expect the community will do? Pass it by and ignore it also? Don't be so naive!

Nobody knows the relationship between Devs and Saiden, nobody knows what goes on behind the closed doors, and at the same time, Saiden makes no effort to COMMUNICATE TO THE COMMUNITY?

I see no effort on his behalf to EXPLAIN, or to answer the big fat hairy looming question in everyones minds which is right now - " W.T.F is this I have just downloaded? "

I see no example such as: "There was a change of plan in the patch for competitive players, instead there is now softcore anime p0rn, but we are working on something for the next patch in the future perhaps?

Finally, you know what might just settle down a few people? How about - a little apology? It does not take much for an apology now does it?

There is no communication from Saiden, and this is and has been a fundamental problem as to why the crossfire community is so quick to get on the attack, it is because we are always left in the dark.

Finally mate, the big problem here is you are telling us to go and whine at the DEVS, yet why would DEVS take the time to read player emails, and what effect would these emails really have? The answer is none, because quite simply, none of us carry any weighting or influence in the CF closed door patch scene.

Saiden however is completely the opposite to that. He is the one person in contact with them, he is the one who can relay the general consensus to the DEVS, whereby it will actually take an effect.

For me or any other player to do this, it will just be classed as junk mail, never read and put into the delete bin.

I have no doubt, he is a really nice guy, I HOPE, CF being bigger and better in a competitive way is at the centre of his heart, but once again - there are fundamental problems in the way which the community is left in the dark, and things are not explained, because quite frankly, nobody except those in close contact with him know.

All you are doing here is protecting a friend from a furious community, I understand why, that is fair enough, very loyal etc but you have to see beyond that and see the bigger picture here.

A bit of truth, honesty and a few words explanation about the patch, the devs, and the future plans could solve or at least CALM a lot of this.

But instead - blatant ignorance, crossing of fingers and hoping it will go away attitude...
  • I have nor any others in the community have any personal vendettas on Saiden, as I said, I am sure he is a real nice chap, but at the same time, as the middle man, we need to convey just how ****ed we are on this patch. Something he will then have to relay back to the DEVs.
  • Gotta love the result of these patches: failed logons, huge patch download times (for like 10-20mb patches) and rubbish addons...

Sorry, but I would be quite happy if z8 did the simple things.
    -went round and fixed the glitches.
    -got a good anti-hack client
    -made sure that ease of use was priority, so zp deposits always worked, bags worked and other useful things (such as designating a td match nade bag and making certain types of game easier to find).

It is all very well making all these new (suprisingly small) changes, but they dont improve the game, they might create a few short term dollars but in the long term it just wont be working.

I would be quite happily for a quarterly patch that adds new mainstream weapons (so bring in more current RL weps and RL weps that are being released during the game). Just as long as it worked correctly. Imagine how much testing could be done over 3 months of proper changes rather than this superficial rubbish.

Things like adding more destructables would be nice, many players would appreciate it and it would add to realism (like cabinets and bins, theres an idea, put some market stalls and bins around for cover :O), yet by adding this new character, from what i've heard, you have done the opposite.

Perhaps tighten your belts for a while and fix the basics which will be beneficial in the long term, or this game will not last... it will become dominated by non-zp buyers who spam the game with new accounts to get a gp mall item and then never buy another weapon.
  • ROC_aL wrote: »
    Finally, you know what might just settle down a few people? How about - a little apology? It does not take much for an apology now does it?

There is no communication from Saiden, and this is and has been a fundamental problem as to why the crossfire community is so quick to get on the attack, it is because we are always left in the dark.

Was always thinking this, but never said anything. Thank you.
  • Looking to see more better improvements by future patches. Such as implementing good things to the game and bug/glitch fixes, etc.
  • Woot, Chester is GP. Buying it right away.

Plus, friend joining? almost worth the patch by itself.

YAY another montage with failchester! lol
    Saiden is in the middle, between the community and Devs. Fine, accepted. This is not his fault directly - Fine, accepted.

HOWEVER -

At the same time Bruce, it is great you speak with him on a consistent basis, and you know exactly what is going on etc etc BUT you Bruce are an ex mod, but you are just ONE person when there are THOUSANDS who have ZERO contact with him at all.

We know nothing about his intentions or his influence on CF. We only know as such he is the BOSS, the top Game Master and the one person at the head of what goes on in NA CF.

When He tells us there will be a competitive element in the next patch, and there is nothing but a complete joke, and disappointment, and he simply ignores what he said previously and attempts to big up the new patch, what on earth else do you expect the community will do? Pass it by and ignore it also? Don't be so naive!

Nobody knows the relationship between Devs and Saiden, nobody knows what goes on behind the closed doors, and at the same time, Saiden makes no effort to COMMUNICATE TO THE COMMUNITY?

I see no effort on his behalf to EXPLAIN, or to answer the big fat hairy looming question in everyones minds which is right now - " W.T.F is this I have just downloaded? "

I see no example such as: "There was a change of plan in the patch for competitive players, instead there is now softcore anime p0rn, but we are working on something for the next patch in the future perhaps?

Finally mate, the big problem here is you are telling us to go and whine at the DEVS, yet why would DEVS take the time to read player emails, and what effect would these emails really have? The answer is none, because quite simply, none of us carry any weighting or influence in the CF closed door patch scene.

Saiden however is completely the opposite to that. He is the one person in contact with them, he is the one who can relay the general consensus to the DEVS, whereby it will actually take an effect.

For me or any other player to do this, it will just be classed as junk mail, never read and put into the delete bin.

I have no doubt, he is a really nice guy, I HOPE, CF being bigger and better in a competitive way is at the centre of his heart, but once again - there are fundamental problems in the way which the community is left in the dark, and things are not explained, because quite frankly, nobody except those in close contact with him know.

All you are doing here is protecting a friend from a furious community, I understand why, that is fair enough, very loyal etc but you have to see beyond that and see the bigger picture here.

A bit of truth, honesty and a few words explanation about the patch, the devs, and the future plans could solve or at least CALM a lot of this.

But instead - blatant ignorance, crossing of fingers and hoping it will go away attitude...

+1
    I agree entirely.
    Rabble Rabble.

Well, I'm sure that if he had the time to talk to the lot of you he would. He does his best to maintain a presence in the community, and does so a lot better then our "community manager"

He appears from time to time on WOGL casts, (Which he does from home, on his own time) he can sometimes be caught on IRC, and he does have a PM inbox (Which is nearly always full to capacity. When I was a mod our PM box could store up to 300 messages, who knows what his can)

Point being: He is only one guy in a game with more players than any F2P FPS game out there! (If you have not seen, Cross Fire is #12 on xfires "most played" list. Bypassing even CS 1.6 *cries*)

And what about "Urban Warfare" ? Thats a bit of communication right there.

I'm not his guardian, nor am I too pleased about the patch myself, and you're right in saying that the devs don't read what we say here and would totally disregard our e-mails.

Our responsibilities as a community lie in providing constructive feedback that can then be taken, copy and pasted into a nice word document, attached to an e-mail, and sent off to Korea. Finger pointing isn't going to accomplish anything. If you want the game to get better, be active and passionate about it.

The patch was JUST released early this morning. I'm sure that Saidin will come in and comment on all of this before closing the thread, they stay up all night on patch night, just like us.

PS: If it helps, just think as I do: "Eventually they will run out of shit to shovel into the game, and then we'll get what we want." ;)
  • Woot, Chester is GP. Buying it right away.

Plus, friend joining? almost worth the patch by itself.

Yay Blindrob, if you make project awesome 3, can u put u owning everyone with the chester-scope?
  • this patch is a joke. it took me 10hrs to get the patch actually installed due to the fact the server kept stalling out. now that i have the patch in and installed crossfire/xtrap is spitting up a socket error. i hope i don't have to reinstall the game cuz at the rate the CF servers are running that could take another 10-12hrs. i've seen in other places on the forum many ppl are having issues since updating to the recent patch.

socket%20error.png
  • Did they patch the **** hacks?

I have been playing for a long time and have seen about 2 for sure hacks in the past 2 months. they arn't bad AT ALL. and I think you're getting h4cks confused with skill. =/
    Well, I'm sure that if he had the time to talk to the lot of you he would. He does his best to maintain a presence in the community, and does so a lot better then our "community manager"

He appears from time to time on WOGL casts, (Which he does from home, on his own time) he can sometimes be caught on IRC, and he does have a PM inbox (Which is nearly always full to capacity. When I was a mod our PM box could store up to 300 messages, who knows what his can)

Point being: He is only one guy in a game with more players than any F2P FPS game out there! (If you have not seen, Cross Fire is #12 on xfires "most played" list. Bypassing even CS 1.6 *cries*)

And what about "Urban Warfare" ? Thats a bit of communication right there.

I'm not his guardian, nor am I too pleased about the patch myself, and you're right in saying that the devs don't read what we say here and would totally disregard our e-mails.

Our responsibilities as a community lie in providing constructive feedback that can then be taken, copy and pasted into a nice word document, attached to an e-mail, and sent off to Korea. Finger pointing isn't going to accomplish anything. If you want the game to get better, be active and passionate about it.

The patch was JUST released early this morning. I'm sure that Saidin will come in and comment on all of this before closing the thread, they stay up all night on patch night, just like us.

PS: If it helps, just think as I do: "Eventually they will run out of shit to shovel into the game, and then we'll get what we want." ;)

Yea, I am not finger pointing, just speaking out on behalf of most people with the sheer disappointment.

Who knows how much more sh1t they can shovel, I can only pray not much more after all this.

I think I got the point across now, seems most people agree to, thus: Rant finished.

I shall be writing in the suggestions section of the forums shortly. I hope it gets taken into consideration.

You're reading too much into the words. For one, competitive doesn't have to mean that it needs to appeal to the most hard-core of competitive gamers.

Something like the buddy system for example, can be implemented to facilitate people getting together to play, which in turn increases the capacity for people to BECOME competitive.

Any company won't release content with the pure intention of pleasing ONLY the people who play the game. We also want a % of those people to try new things, or a % of people who don't play the game to come play our game. Those types of things encourage growth.

Competitive can also mean something simple such as profile improvements. The fact that nothing was tracked for Escape Mode means that we couldn't do much with it in a sense of tournaments, missions, profiles, rewards etc.

Now that there is more of that in the game we can push that forward to the next step. Ok so maybe we're not talking about 4 month long Escape Mode leagues. But its improving the system so we can now bring other people who might now have been interested in the mode to try it, play it, and maybe do something more "competitive" with it.

Not to mention some of the things that we're working on on the publishing side of things. To facilitate more events through WOGL and easier events through our website etc.

It's Saidin. And I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Content for patches is determined in advance. No company can just add in content that fast. So yes, we are working on things for future patches.

It's impossible to be completely transparent. The free to play world of games is one of the most complicated and aggressively competitive markets out there. CF is always growing and we're doing great, despite what you may consider a lower than average "patch". But it's impossible for me to just sit here every day and "communicate" with everyone. Our support staff is working over time to make sure everyone's questions get answered, we are developing new anti hacking stuff for our site (which will be coming very soon) to take this kind of stuff down. And we have people like GM's and CM who come on here on a daily basis to be involved in the "good" discussions and get proper feedback.

Also, don't forget that the community here is a loud minority. In no way does it make up the bulk of the people who play the game. So while your opinion is fine and dandy, it's just that. An opinion. It's up to us to sort out the rage and get past opinion to back up with fact.

While I agree, this mess you and a few other select people in the community wouldn't be so upset if I didn't say "things for both the casual and competitive gamer", you're still reading into the words too much.

And I will apologize that it seems we're stretching the term "competitive". But in our sense this term HAS to mean all sorts of things. If we were so narrow minded the game wouldn't grow and it wouldn't be "competitive" within the industry.

Hopefully this gives a bit more insight. We'll be more careful with our words next time.
  • I should also add that we DO take these forums directly as support for points we make to the developers.

But its hard to take a real thread with a real idea when all it has are comments like "DOWN WITH BR".

There's nothing wrong with being angry, but being angry for the sake of being angry and calling people names and assuming things doesn't make for very good support for any point you want to make.
    STOP saying "Oh Saidin lied, Saidin this, Saidin that."

As someone who talks to him on a consistent basis I can tell you that SAIDIN has the game at heart, not his wallet. He has done the best job that he can do in dealing with the non-english speaking, hungry for profit devs.

You guys wonder why things are always so quiet in regards to new and upcoming content? Because when Saidin says something like "Oh new competitive update coming! New guns coming!" everyone claps and cheers...

But then when the Devs change things at the last moment, for whatever reason (money, laziness, too busy playing SC2, w/e) you guys all come on the forum and go "BOOOO GM SAIDIN BAD MAN HE LIED FUCK ALL G4BOX/Z8GAMES".

But if no communication goes on, then you all go "Omg G4 doesn't care about the customers!"

I'm tired of you guys slamming GM Saidin. He works damn hard for US. He cares about the competitive side of the game, about the public side of the game, about the community. If you want to chase after someone, if you need to attach a name to your baseless and uneducated insults, then go after the Devs.

DAMN RIGHT!

Gosh most of the kids on here don't know how lucky they are to even have this FREE game available to them, with constant new guns being added. It's not like they HAVE to add new guns, since nobody actually pays for this game, it's funded.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    I should also add that we DO take these forums directly as support for points we make to the developers.

But its hard to take a real thread with a real idea when all it has are comments like "DOWN WITH BR".

There's nothing wrong with being angry, but being angry for the sake of being angry and calling people names and assuming things doesn't make for very good support for any point you want to make.

Your point on this post is, yo'ure working hard for us and we say bad stuff about you?
  • Saidin so if the m4 crystal is for promotional purposes will the kriss go back in its place when it is over?
  • Im sorry for saying this if anyone already told you guys, but after the patch most of us been lagging alot, so i just want to know if you will somehow look into it and see if you can get rid of the lagg, because i never lagg when playing crossfire, until this patch came in.
  • tugamanf wrote: »
    can anywone say to me if kriss super V went really to the item shop permemnently? price? rank? :S

It's in the ZP crates section only.
    I am embarrassed to play CF right now...

What an absolute JOKE of a patch... what exactly has this given to competitive players?

Saidin, you promised us that this was going to be something for the competitive community!

I am furious quite frankly...

Logging in I feel like I am 10 years old about to play Transformers not crossfire...

I get into the game, and there is a new pink horrible textured TDM map...

Then I see what I can only describe as an Anime ****o **** running around whilst some idiots follow trying to look up her skirt... Why on earth do you promote this? Is this really worth the money? Are you not slightly ashamed? Would you show this game to your mother? I don't think so!

Crossfire like ALL FPS games is MALE dominated... can we not keep some DIGNITY to the game and have a Foreign Legion or BOPE or some form of male non-****ographic character without advantageous hit boxes or movement?

Now many many patches ago, you gave us a Winchester... it was REALLY sh1t (and don't give me all the blindrob crap, because any half decent player can go into a public game and edit kill streaks into a frag video that makes them look amazing)...

Now you gave us a Winchester with a scope improvement.. and instead of being REALLY sh1t... its just plain sh1t... A slight climb up the sh1tness ladder... GJ!

Thanks for yet ANOTHER M4-S... makes a huge difference that colour... really great... worth the coupons... not? BTW, just a quick question, was that colour made in Microsoft windows paint? Because it sure looks like it.

Thanks for an RPK Gold, because that is useful isn't it now! How different it is to the RPK camo with its +5 bullets that really make all the difference! It is wonderful how you encourage spraying in a game that is already lacking competitive skill. Much appreciated yet again by the competitive community!

And as always good job and trying to coin in that last bit of money by making the only new gun with any potential ZP based... Because people don't waste enough ZP already? Another great sway towards making crossfire competitive and even by ensuring that money = advantage in crossfire.

I am currently in the middle of writing a 20,000 word Masters Thesis, and honestly, I am always looking for an easy excuse to procrastinate... you would think a new CF patch could steal a few hours of my precious time but you know what... after logging in... and 10 minutes of Anime **** FPS...

I was working again...

That is how terrible this patch is...

I am for the first time ever, actually considering pulling out ROC from CF and selling my account...

Terribly embarrassed gearbox... No words for this... What works in Korea for cartoon **** obsessed *****'s does not work for American and European Audiences... ever thought about adapting to that?

If anyone came to me now and said " Yo Al, so what game do you play? "

I would lie... I would not say Crossfire... because I would get laughed at once they saw this child-like patch.

Roll Back this patch or risk losing your competitive community. Alternatively, pull your fingers out your arses and start working on something for the competitive community within the next two weeks to make up for this atrocity.

ROC-RuFuS.

Rufus , ur god.

Fully accept that what u wrote.

No more words. U spelled them all.
  • The bunny backpack is pwnsome, I got one ;D
  • i just hope for new option instead of sniper knife or deagle only add one for HARD CORE only , with wogl rules that update every patch THAT will be somthing great and bring also new type of players to this game
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    You're reading too much into the words. For one, competitive doesn't have to mean that it needs to appeal to the most hard-core of competitive gamers.

Something like the buddy system for example, can be implemented to facilitate people getting together to play, which in turn increases the capacity for people to BECOME competitive.

Any company won't release content with the pure intention of pleasing ONLY the people who play the game. We also want a % of those people to try new things, or a % of people who don't play the game to come play our game. Those types of things encourage growth.

Competitive can also mean something simple such as profile improvements. The fact that nothing was tracked for Escape Mode means that we couldn't do much with it in a sense of tournaments, missions, profiles, rewards etc.

Now that there is more of that in the game we can push that forward to the next step. Ok so maybe we're not talking about 4 month long Escape Mode leagues. But its improving the system so we can now bring other people who might now have been interested in the mode to try it, play it, and maybe do something more "competitive" with it.

Not to mention some of the things that we're working on on the publishing side of things. To facilitate more events through WOGL and easier events through our website etc.

It's Saidin. And I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Content for patches is determined in advance. No company can just add in content that fast. So yes, we are working on things for future patches.

It's impossible to be completely transparent. The free to play world of games is one of the most complicated and aggressively competitive markets out there. CF is always growing and we're doing great, despite what you may consider a lower than average "patch". But it's impossible for me to just sit here every day and "communicate" with everyone. Our support staff is working over time to make sure everyone's questions get answered, we are developing new anti hacking stuff for our site (which will be coming very soon) to take this kind of stuff down. And we have people like GM's and CM who come on here on a daily basis to be involved in the "good" discussions and get proper feedback.

Also, don't forget that the community here is a loud minority. In no way does it make up the bulk of the people who play the game. So while your opinion is fine and dandy, it's just that. An opinion. It's up to us to sort out the rage and get past opinion to back up with fact.

While I agree, this mess you and a few other select people in the community wouldn't be so upset if I didn't say "things for both the casual and competitive gamer", you're still reading into the words too much.

And I will apologize that it seems we're stretching the term "competitive". But in our sense this term HAS to mean all sorts of things. If we were so narrow minded the game wouldn't grow and it wouldn't be "competitive" within the industry.

Hopefully this gives a bit more insight. We'll be more careful with our words next time.
    i agree with rufus.and the words are apropriate for this situation.fking joke this patch.
  • MadMax333 wrote: »
    Saidin so if the m4 crystal is for promotional purposes will the kriss go back in its place when it is over?

We don't have a schedule for anything yet. Suffice to say that we've done a few things this patch that we've never done before (removing a gun from the coupon exchange, adding a golden one to crates). So we will be looking at popularity and opinions on those moves and taking them into account on the future status of the black market.

We want to make sure that you guys know the locations of these guns could be limited and are subject to moving based on a multitude of factors. So these items are considered promotional based on their limited-run status.

As mentioned above, there is no ETA or schedule for changes at this moment.
This discussion has been closed.