NoRegCame

2»

Comments

• "Indefinitely banned" (perma-banned, let's be honest) for using a third party program that the BlackBox admin says doesn't impact the game.

Really knocking these rulings out of the park, guys. 2 for 2.

Obviously I can't comment on whether or not they were cheating. I don't know. It's suspicious when players come out of nowhere and beat the best team in the game. I know that a lot of top teams were haccusating these guys for winning. But a lot of people haccusated OAF, and when I livestreamed a replay analysis of them in 2016, it really just showed that most of our community were whiners (until Remy 360'd).

But this will be 4 years in a row where a one or two teams threaten / beat Carbon shortly before CFS, then get banned immediately after (Asian team, ZEZO's team, Devote, FOHH, OAF, getBrikt, noregcame) for something that has no real basis (well, Remy 360'd in a few scrims). Or even worse, for at least 3 of those teams, the staff had proof of innocence, yet still decided on a ban.

[GM]Grumpy famously said to FOHH after they beat Carbon in a CFCL weekly, "I don't need evidence to ban you. We have no evidence. I just don't like you. Enjoy your ban."
    Edit: For context, Grumpy had claimed they were caught "ghosting" on each others' accounts. When they showed that all of the HWID logs still matched from previous weeks, Grumpy made his famous claim.

Riddle me this. NoregCame played against multiple, multiple other teams, all using the same programs, for weeks on end. Not a whisper. They beat Carbon, and immediately are banned. haHA

Yeah, you guys have a real transparent & effective system for doling out punishment here.

It seems pretty obvious that community (#1 team) sentiment guides the decisions of GMs in these situations. I'm not saying it's even intentional on their part, but there is obviously a massive influence (even going so far back as when Ace Gaming illegally used shadows & third party programs, and had their DQ overturned in a qualifier haha)

I'm no longer sick to my stomach over my ban, but it really saddens me to see how mismanaged this is.
  • It's pretty obvious that the GMs need a real justice system in place rather than just abusing their power ...

As for NoRegCame, they broke the terms of service so a punishment is justified either way but the extent of it may be arguable. For Carbon, I'm not surprised that they would resort to cowardice or backstabbing. One of their team member to this very day from the original team who was accused of ghosting is STILL playing in competitive ...

Sad to see the NA competitive scene go down like this considering any real competition is pared back down the moment it manifests ...
  • [QUOTE=[MOD]Abel;n6867786]

The GMs have reviewed the ban against NoRegCame and it has come to the conclusion that the ban is false and it was indeed a macro. However, using a macro (any type of third party program) is still against the CrossFire rules therefore, appropriate action will be taken.

The three players which did use the macro will have the following action taken against them:

2) Their CrossFire accounts will be banned for one month.

Kind Regards,
    Abel[/QUOTE]

I'm not into competitive but why don't they ban hordes of Turkish, Egyptian and Chinese players who use china walk script/macro in ranked games?
    I see the same names using those all the time even though I don't bother reporting because I know no action will be taken against them.
    Friends tell me they do report them but nothing happens. So why are these people banned for a macro that doesn't affect the gameplay but others don't get banned for using stuff that's much worse than this.
  • [QUOTE=[MOD]Abel;n6867786]Hey guys,

First of all, I would to thank everyone for their feedback. However, do keep in mind to follow the forum rules when posting on the forums otherwise, the appropriate action will be taken.

The GMs have reviewed the ban against NoRegCame and it has come to the conclusion that the ban is false and it was indeed a macro. However, using a macro (any type of third party program) is still against the CrossFire rules therefore, appropriate action will be taken.

The three players which did use the macro will have the following action taken against them:

1) Indefinite ban on competitive (CFCL/CFS) until further notice.

2) Their CrossFire accounts will be banned for one month.

Kind Regards,
    Abel[/QUOTE]

Mr. Abel, I don't think it's fair that the ban spills over to CFS. These youngmen worked really hard to beat Carbon. To deny them a chance to go to China and represent North America is very unjust, I strongly suggest you reconsider this.

I also encourage the community not to "xotek" this decision, until noregcame appeal this properly, to make a decision so damaging to a team with potential, day after registration closes for CFS, is heartbreaking to players that put in the effort to take down current top teams.

Ultimately the choice is the GMs, I encourage the community not to flame them, but attest to their responsibilities to assure fair play is made in all cf competitions. If noregcame was cheating and the GMs prevented cheaters from qualifying, exceptional managing by the GMs. If the GMs let the 3 players in question to play with their team, and they werent using programs to influence outcome of matches, the GMs will be doing an exceptional job at maintaining fairplay in the community.

I suggest a poll be made, not to be the final decision of these players, but a chance for noregcame to re appeal, and the GMs to re evalute their decision.

Something with the choices of:

1. Banned from all competitive play(temporarily or permanently)
    2. Banned in CFCL Elite for a month, allowed to play in CFS
    3. Unbanned from competitive play entirely
    4. Allowed to play CFS under a new revised supervision(recordings or a computer review by a GM)

What are peoples thoughts?
  • Thank you everyone for voicing your support & showing your true colors. Hopefully the GM's reconsider in light of what the community has voiced & with all the facts presented at hand.
  • Sickening. Put a ton of work in, and get banned for something that isn't effecting the game + get banned for major events after (This happened in elite and carries over to CFS).
    As one of the two members in the team that didn't have this problem, I am sickened to my stomach. #Ifeelworsethanx0tek #ihavebadinternet #wonstillbutDQ
  • Ellustrial wrote: »
    "Indefinitely banned" (perma-banned, let's be honest) for using a third party program that the BlackBox admin says doesn't impact the game.

I don't know why a thing that doesn't impact the game gets carried over to further punishment rather than during the games it was present for. I don't even understand how we got dq'd out of elite entirely, I was expecting at worse the 3 matches in 1st week of elite to be overturned but that's about it.
  • This is freaking a non impacting macro that we thought was fine if it didn't do anything in the GAME! I thought macro's in CF were only against ToS if they did something in the GAME! Even the blackbox admin has said this does nothing in the GAME!

I get it; simultaneously to having cf running, the macro was also running. But the macro is independent of the game and does nothing for the game, the carryover to ban in cfs also is just something else.
  • The irony of you guys attacking me for months on end (being a part of the movement resulting in my ban) then getting banned yourselves isn't lost on me

I just don't think it's right or fair.

I mean, for God's sake, Flipside literally had players ghost, and the GMs let them play the next week. If I'd have shut up and lied, "admitting" that I did it, the GMs only were going to give my team a single map DQ. Since I made it a public matter & didn't "admit" it, they banned me for the season.

This is 100% about GMs saving face. They banned you. "Oops! You weren't actually cheating. Uhhhh...keep them banned, blame it on macros" (BS, literally every single Razer driver has built in macro software running).

Edit: Again, I loathe nearly every player on Daniel's team. But it doesn't make sense to ban them when they literally weren't caught doing anything wrong.
  • This could of all been prevented if mid-game pauses were allowed and/or the game wasn't so broken. The punishment is harsh we worked so hard just to get into Elite.
  • I still want an explanation from the gms for this. I want to know beyond "macro is against tos" I want to know why a macro (does nothing for you in-game or provide any advantage) which we are sorry we used to alt-tab to call for sub in case we need one cause there's no subs, is justifiable for a ban past cfelite. Sick to the stomach. I want to know beyond "macro is against tos"
  • when macros are generally brought up, their significance is that they provide unfair advantages or changes in the game that are not originally intended. How were stuck at this point is a shock to us. Sun of Blackbox acknowledged it as exceptional because it does nothing with game mechanics and unbanned us from Blackbox already.

oubprk.png
  • We would even accept lower bracket entry, worth a shot at this point since I have no idea what's going on through the competitive manager's head with this decision.
  • Daniel_25 wrote: »
    We would even accept lower bracket entry, worth a shot at this point since I have no idea what's going on through the competitive manager's head with this decision.

Couldn't agree more, got robbed of a opportunity to go to china..
  • Appealing obviously won't work since GMs are extremely hard headed in their rulings. The last time I saw any success in an appeal for leniency from them was at last year's CFS NF where both carbw0w and getbrikt accepted a match forfeit for using some illegal weapons ...

Maybe next year NoRegCame can participate in competitive but for this year it's just Carbon, !nstinct, Old Men's Club and CarpalTunnel ...
  • Appealing obviously won't work since GMs are extremely hard headed in their rulings. The last time I saw any success in an appeal for leniency from them was at last year's CFS NF where both carbw0w and getbrikt accepted a match forfeit for using some illegal weapons ...

Maybe next year NoRegCame can participate in competitive but for this year it's just Carbon, !nstinct, Old Men's Club and CarpalTunnel ...

With this incident and moving forward, many of us plan to quit and move on. Too much of a threat to Carbon, LOL
  • Yeah. Even if my ban were removed today, I have no current interest in competing. That may change in the future I guess, but there's little incentive to put in work when teams get banned in spite of proving their innocence.

It's a shame. I really love this game, but to see it ground into the dirt like this...I don't know. I just don't know.

Note: again, not saying that Daniel's team wasn't cheating. You've got essentially pubbers all coming out of nowhere and beating Carbon & a plethora of other teams. But I said the same thing for FOHH; you have to have proof
  • Ellustrial wrote: »
    Yeah. Even if my ban were removed today, I have no current interest in competing. That may change in the future I guess, but there's little incentive to put in work when teams get banned in spite of proving their innocence.

It's a shame. I really love this game, but to see it ground into the dirt like this...I don't know. I just don't know.

Note: again, not saying that Daniel's team wasn't cheating. You've got essentially pubbers all coming out of nowhere and beating Carbon & a plethora of other teams. But I said the same thing for FOHH; you have to have proof

Our teammates experience in comp:
    x 5 years
    x 3 years
    x 3 years
    x 3 years
    x 3 years
  • Only one NA team will go this year and 2 EU teams. This decision doesn't make sense and my bro that plays competitive CSGO literally laughed his ass off when he heard mid-game pauses aren't allowed. Oh and the rule where you can't start with 4v5 unless you kneel down and ask the GMs first. Great competitive rules. Unban our accounts? like were going to stick around to pub, you think I care about pubstar weapons? Enjoy killing the game this is why there's barely any North American teams year around only when CFS is here just for them to not practice get slapped around what's the point of adding 2nd place vs 2nd EU. We already know how that's gonna go. The only thing holding this game alive is Egyptian players move the servers there. We quit and i'll make sure to let people that ask me if its worth coming back to stay away from this stupidity. Peace out

#NoReg #Stutters #Delay #Wins - The noobs who think its excuses will find out one day when the issue is public. Until then I was forced to play at my cousins you got smacked you cried imagine if Daniel did the same. This isn't no ping problem had it with 8 stable ping. Idiots who think they have this problem go to a top level players house go play you should notice a significant difference if not its just YOU.

2009-2018 (Crossfire) 2014-2018 Competitive.

- Makaveli
  • As the legendary Mario Orzocow, once said, 'Cya latah scrubs'

#Freen0regcame

2010-2018 (Crossfire) 2014-2018 Competitive.

- Vertex
This discussion has been closed.