NoRegCame

We were falsely banned for cheating and had to prove otherwise before Blackbox admin Sun fully reviewed the evidence. After his review he ensured us that we'll be unbanned and that he'll notify Hoon that we were not cheating as it was a false detection. The detection picked up an alt tab fix for windows 10 and this counts as a macro program under the ToS. Therefore we broke a rule but we didn't see it as a big deal as people use mouse acceleration fix which is similar in a way. This is a big difference though between using cheats and/or a macro that alters gameplay (movement scripts, recoil control etc...) this was just a program that fixes alt tab you're not allowed to call mid round pauses in Elite so we used it to be able to open Facebook to spam our sub awake if needed (8-10 am his time depending on the exact round). We were DQed in the month of August in Open for playing and winning a 4v5. How can something that doesn't interfere or alter with gameplay deserve a permanent in-game block (reversed to 1 month) and a permanent block from competitive. We've practiced day in and out for Elite/CFS for a year just for this to happen. We need community input for this decision to be appealed. We tried to solve this in private professionally but it didn't work out. If a GM can confirm the reasoning of the ban to the community so we can stop getting harassed and called cheaters that would be great.

Can we get some input from you guys on this?

Comments

• I don't understand the permanent block from competitive if no cheats were found. I am interested in seeing what the GMs say.
  • Some people might say I'm biased since I'm on the roster as a sub and have been friends with Dave, but if n0regcame really got banned for having an alt-tab fix, which players are basically forced to use because of how broken the game is (mind you, the fix doesn't alter the game itself in any way, shape or form), I will be really disappointed. No wonder it's so hard to make it in this game, the second you put in a little more work, people accuse you of cheating. The competitive community is extremely small as it is, there's no reason to make it even smaller for petty reasons.

-PimpDemNikes
  • I'm familiar with this program, it helps with alt tabbing, shouldn't be a bannable offence
  • This decision was taken in an unnecessary action. We got banned for using a program that gives us no advantage whatsoever. We don't even have the chance to play in CFS or continue in elite.
  • The reason for the ban makes no sense why are they banned for just using an alt tab fix. Mid game pauses aren't allowed so it makes sense why they used it.
  • If the anti-cheat admin clearly told you (GM's) that it was a false ban then why are they banned from competing? We all know you guys don't like to admit when you're wrong but this is clearly just an outright abuse of power. Show some decency for once & right your wrongs to whats left of this community.
  • Heard what happened. Unless you're Carbon, they don't care

I literally proved that I didn't smoke glitch with video footage / screenshots from the match, and walked the GMs through how to detect smoke glitches in the future & retroactively make sure that I wasn't (pro tip: have everyone upload their replays, if any stutter when they throw smokes, that player is smoke glitching)

"We've reviewed your points, but your ban will remain in effect, and that is the final ruling on this matter. Sorry."

Good luck guys, but you're shouting into the abyss
  • I don't get where is the reason that lies behind you getting banned guys... Anyway, goodluck and hopefully gonna see you in the competitives again.
  • What kind of sorcery is this?? Unban my brothers and sisters!! n0regcame best team in CFNA besides getBrikttt. #carbonwho? #mybrothersPC #VMwarelivesmatter
  • I have no reg. Unban those dudes

-Ryan Miller -The Miller Crew
  • It makes no sense for them to be ban if the Blackbox admin fully reviewed it and said they should be unbanned so therefore please unban noregcame.
  • I'm a friend of theirs and I see them grinding everyday on cf and preparing for this. How are you going to ban them with no proof of evidence? Please unban these young talents and let them back in the competitive scene. Thank You.
  • Where do I start? HMMM (This post was typed in 2minutes out of spite and anger)

As the team's IGL, I've been practicing things for the team for a year now and as a team we've been NA's most active team in terms of scrimming/tournament presence. We've been spamming 5 in NA-5 for many months now and constantly playing and all of this had led to:

a 4v5 in open that led to our dq in August was it? (This is understandable, we only had 4 people at the START of the match, which we found out that day was not allowed)
    Next we are BANNED from competitive for not even cheating or using anything to give our self an in-game advantage? This is ridiculous.

The community has called me a cheater constantly back in the days when I never cheated, and somehow we are banned much later in the present day of 2018 where my game is stuttering and we practiced very hard past my problem (We accepted what my role was in this team and played as a team where we supported each other and constantly worked on our mistakes, not taking to heart losses in scrims but building from them and learning how to win important games over time).

Where is the integrity Z8? Gm hoon?

:/ Thought you guys were better than this when meeting you guys in your EGLX host in March.

Now I truly, truly, truly know what x0tek meant when he said he was sick to his stomach for being banned. Imagine having a city-wide (well almost my entire city) internet routing problem, still winning despite having insane stuttering and shakyness in game, AND GETTING BANNED. BANNED!!!?

/OUT /SLIT /WRIST :'(
  • Ellustrial wrote: »
    Heard what happened. Unless you're Carbon, they don't care

I literally proved that I didn't smoke glitch with video footage / screenshots from the match, and walked the GMs through how to detect smoke glitches in the future & retroactively make sure that I wasn't (pro tip: have everyone upload their replays, if any stutter when they throw smokes, that player is smoke glitching)

"We've reviewed your points, but your ban will remain in effect, and that is the final ruling on this matter. Sorry."

Good luck guys, but you're shouting into the abyss

We let everyone keep saying we were cheating and ignored it, hoping the GMs would sort this out properly, HA!

tl;dr what they most recently told us, "the blackbox admin showed us that you guys did not cheat and the detection was false, but banned anyways JUST CAUSE".
  • Just got home and still trying to absorb and take this all in, so shocked with this decision not being reversed, and even being a thing in the first place. Why bother playing elite or any big competition as a no-name team, because if you win, you're dq'd!
  • How does it even make sense for the gms to do this lmfao
  • Unban them, they were falsely accused. They worked hard for what they wanted and this is what they get? Smh.
  • Pyrex00 wrote: »

I can sit here and argue with you all day baby but I got money on my mind.
    LIK SHO YA AHMEDDDDD... hold up I'm currently using an alt tab fix... gotta hop back in game ttyl.

Don't appreciate the shade when a GM can literally come here and confirm that's the reason for you. Stop being so toxic and read the facts. You were quiet at lan so stay that way.
  • I'm left with a few possibilities here as to why this is happening and none of them sound very good. Either they don't want anyone hurting carbon's chance at representing NA in cfs or they are afraid to admit they were wrong. Nothing else would make sense because this is unjust and wrong why we are not allowed to participate in future events including cfs, and dq'd in elite.

sigh..
  • why are you still all on the blackbox ban list? weird if this is true at all
  • FenPao wrote: »
    why are you still all on the blackbox ban list? weird if this is true at all

Idk but we have the proof and GM[Hoon], head of competitive, can confirm that the ban in blackbox is a false ban for cheats.
  • this kind of shows how egotistical whoever made this decision really is. They came to a conclusion (heavily weighted by what others said), when provided with proof, by the source they trust for their "anti-cheat", that counters their conclusion instead of fixing the mistake they double down because they don't want to look bad LOL. You had proof of an individual abusing the game to gain advantage in tournaments and gave them 1 ONE GAME DQ and only banned him when he kept appealing the DQ. But is willing to admit that n0regcame was caught on blackbox by a false positive detection and yet gave them a PERM BAN for not even cheating or gaining any sort of advantage??? How is that fair? I can understand banning them from this month's CFCL because there would have to be too many game to be played to still have them in the tournament, but PERM BANNED from all tournaments? that is a bit extreme. It just goes to show that unless you are an established player in this game there is no way they would care about what is just. At least, give a worthy public statement on what made you come to such a harsh decision.
  • An insanely harsh decision lmfao.
    A more suitable decision should have been to stop the final game (game 4 of week 1 elite where we were supposed to play wafflemakers), have us frozen until it is fully sorted out. Then allow us to come back for week 2 and find a time to make up for the match vs wafflemakers in week 1. This makes no sense, I don't even understand how we're getting a punishment, mind you a harsh one.
  • From Dave since he can't access his forums or make forum posts:

First you said blackbox flagged us ok, then the blackbox developer tells you it was a false detection and that he is going to unban us (hes already unbanned us). So why are we still banned? We're all loyal players who've been engaged in the competitive since 2012. Hell three of us have met you GMs in person at a community LAN.

We want nothing but to be able to compete in CFCL Elite & CFS just as other teams are able to. Our ban does not make sense so we will continue to appeal and ask that we are unbanned. A whole year of us grinding and practicing up to 5 times a week always being that one team online at night that you could scrim. Again we politely ask that our ban is lifted and that we are able to compete again with no hard feelings & leaving the past in the past. Thank you.
  • Hi i dont see why daniel team banned they start at bottom and practice all month 30 day to finally become better than carbon and become good as SV to give us chance in china w0w.

Maka train his hand for Big 30 day till he could beat supamen with new advance techniqes.
  • Lay off my boy pyrex, hes no.1 crossfire team leader, one of the most well groomed pepperoni face guys i know, because of his part time waitress(er) job, his leadership skills will bring Kings back to elite, to replace this months last placed team. One can only hope, the community will recognize his elite playing ability shown in his vip gameplay videos, that he becomes a role model for all pub stars like myself, that we can 1 day qualify for elite, so we can sht talk other players online.
  • If actual cheats were not detected, the players should be removed from CFCL Elite for violating use of a third party exe. Similarly, the players should be given a chance to play in CFS qualifiers on the condition that there were no hacks detected.
  • Hey guys,

First of all, I would to thank everyone for their feedback. However, do keep in mind to follow the forum rules when posting on the forums otherwise, the appropriate action will be taken.

The GMs have reviewed the ban against NoRegCame and it has come to the conclusion that the ban is false and it was indeed a macro. However, using a macro (any type of third party program) is still against the CrossFire rules therefore, appropriate action will be taken.

The three players which did use the macro will have the following action taken against them:

1) Indefinite ban on competitive (CFCL/CFS) until further notice.

2) Their CrossFire accounts will be banned for one month.

Kind Regards,
    Abel
This discussion has been closed.