CFS-NA 2017 Brackets

124»

Comments

  • GankStars wrote: »
    Got something against get Brikt and carbw0w?

    ??????? Irrelevant.

    My point is, they used illegal weapons, had their matches forefitted, gms say "wildcards will be random" and give both teams that didn't follow the rules the wildcards? LOL, is this a joke?
  • Creative_S wrote: »
    ??????? Irrelevant.

    My point is, they used illegal weapons, had their matches forefitted, gms say "wildcards will be random" and give both teams that didn't follow the rules the wildcards? LOL, is this a joke?
    I think its just a weird situation because they won their matches, but then because of one or more illegal weapon forfeited. Both teams probably got the wildcards because how can you compete when it comes to top performance against two teams who preformed well enough to win their matches but are in the running for the wildcard because of a technicality.
  • EX0T1CEX0T1C Apprentice
    I think this is a different conversation, WeiWei, so I'm going to wei(gh) in.
    iAnarchy wrote: »
    I think its just a weird situation because they won their matches, but then because of one or more illegal weapon forfeited. Both teams probably got the wildcards because how can you compete when it comes to top performance against two teams who preformed well enough to win their matches but are in the running for the wildcard because of a technicality.

    Conversations like this are why I love seeing the GMs as active participants in the community. While it's impossible to make everyone happy, the steps the GMs have taken toward being more actively engaged help provide insight and clarity. I'm fairly confident my team broke no rules, but GM engagement makes it so that the entire community is on the same page and can work toward having smooth competitions.

    For the record, I actually agree with Tunechi here in part. If a team broke a rule, they have to suffer penalties. However, I think the GMs should more actively use discretion (i.e. Serenity in CFCL being DQ'd for muzzle flame seems extreme) when leveling out punishments. It's hard though, because any time they deviate even slightly from someone's interpretation of the rules, pitchforks and cries of "bias" are raised.

    I do think the "stop the match and immediately report both to the other team and the GMs the issue at hand" is honestly the best possible way to resolve this, given every match now has staff on hand.

    I'd love to hear some GM perspective on this matter :)
  • EX0T1C wrote: »
    I think this is a different conversation, WeiWei, so I'm going to wei(gh) in.



    Conversations like this are why I love seeing the GMs as active participants in the community. While it's impossible to make everyone happy, the steps the GMs have taken toward being more actively engaged help provide insight and clarity. I'm fairly confident my team broke no rules, but GM engagement makes it so that the entire community is on the same page and can work toward having smooth competitions.

    For the record, I actually agree with Tunechi here in part. If a team broke a rule, they have to suffer penalties. However, I think the GMs should more actively use discretion (i.e. Serenity in CFCL being DQ'd for muzzle flame seems extreme) when leveling out punishments. It's hard though, because any time they deviate even slightly from someone's interpretation of the rules, pitchforks and cries of "bias" are raised.

    I do think the "stop the match and immediately report both to the other team and the GMs the issue at hand" is honestly the best possible way to resolve this, given every match now has staff on hand.

    I'd love to hear some GM perspective on this matter :)
    How dare you pun weewees name, only I have the authority to grant you such an ability. Further puns about wee will be punished.
  • EX0T1C wrote: »
    I'm fairly confused. What weapons did we use that were DQ worthy? We literally checked with you the day before.
    Daniel_25 wrote: »
    [GM]Kanadian didn't you say you would choose the 2 wild cards at random among the teams that lose? I see you change the rules on the spot for some teams and not others.

    For these two I made mistakes, and for that I apologize. It happens and I am open enough to admit it. This is why everyone should always refer to the rules page. Think of it as the owners manual for your new CFS Machine.
    FRANTTT wrote: »
    how can a team that's been disqualified still get re-invited to the tournament....
    They weren't disqualified, they forfeited their matches and took an L.
    EX0T1C wrote: »
    For ease, here is the official CFS 2016 weapons website: http://www.crossfirestars.com/en/league/weapon?kind=01&detail=005

    We just would really like an official response as to WHICH guns are allowed, since none of them say "CFS 2016"

    For ease of explanation, I've screenshotted the M4 and M60 from this set. These are the ones given to all users who registered for CFS NA:

    https://i.imgur.com/7ySPUY0.jpg / https://i.imgur.com/E2yXzaj.jpg
  • So what your saying is we can use the red marked CFS guns and the Balanced Guns yes?
  • EX0T1CEX0T1C Apprentice
    So what your saying is we can use the red marked CFS guns and the Balanced Guns yes?

    Yep, he is.

    Thanks for clarifying Kanadian!
  • hmu with more nades/pistols bb <3 i use more than 2 bags
  • So what your saying is we can use the red marked CFS guns and the Balanced Guns yes?
    Its more of an orange than a red. The logos in the images you see above, I mean. Its not a red marked gun.
  • For these two I made mistakes, and for that I apologize. It happens and I am open enough to admit it. This is why everyone should always refer to the rules page. Think of it as the owners manual for your new CFS Machine.



    I truly think we should take the time and be thankful for a GM Like Kanadian, in my 8+ years of playing not once have I seen a GM or Mod apologize! Especially openly, and on the forums! I just want to say on behalf of the community we appreciate that man. We know people are humans and mistakes happens all we want are those people in power to act like it. And you just broke the mold my man!


    Thank you!
  • Sooooo nades plox <3
  • Abel95Abel95 Grand Duke
    So if anyone still has no clue what the CFS 2016 weapons are then have a look below. Please note that you can't see the CFS 2016 logo on the MP5 and P90 because they are located at the back of the gun. If anyone has further questions, feel free to ask.




    wOWX5e5.png
    Vwsu1iQ.png
    vBjvZn2.png
    wtrv5jq.png


    AK47

    M4A1

    SG552

    Steyr AUG A1



    YASIW90.png
    UVPywbr.png
    CWFC4c7.png
    KLXK7jH.png


    AWM

    MP5

    P90

    M60



    lotV66x.png
    GqdHWnt.png
    yUjzLYe.png
    8ke4lfF.png


    XM1014

    Colt 1911

    Desert Eagle

    Axe



    zsis10X.png
    1aQdZkg.png?1
    MVJZ1LV.png?1
    QEx7HeK.png?1


    Knife

    Grenade

    Flash

    Smoke


  • So what is the outcome with the randomized wildcard teams then?....
  • Since we are given 2 sets of cf balanced weapons, does this mean we can only have 2 bags? The cfs rules states that you can have up to 4 bags but you can only use cfs issue weapons. Therefore the only way we can have up to 4 bags is if the GMs gave us another 2 sets of cfs / balanced weapons (grenades and desert eagles mostly) OR were allowed to use 2 sets of regular grenades and desert eagle?
  • Abel95Abel95 Grand Duke
    WAHAMMA wrote: »
    So what is the outcome with the randomized wildcard teams then?....

    Wildcards were given to the best performing teams in the loser brackets.
  • Wishing all the teams good luck today. I hope you all have a hella lot of fun ♡ might hop on twitch if I have time ...remember to behave guys I know you all can do that :P
    Anyway glhf
  • Brackets for the finals are now up!
  • Good Luck to the Top 8. Should be some good matches. Looking forward to watching
  • Can you also post the play times and stream schedule for each match? Pls and ty
  • Start times are posted on the first post. Because of the scheduling and streaming all matches, each match after the first round will be scheduled based on when other matches end. ALL teams should expect a long, busy day. This will also prepare you for the long busy tournament where we take home the Grand Finals ;)
  • Start times are posted on the first post. Because of the scheduling and streaming all matches, each match after the first round will be scheduled based on when other matches end. ALL teams should expect a long, busy day. This will also prepare you for the long busy tournament where we take home the Grand Finals ;)

    kyle will provide the red bull so we r all good
  • kyle will provide the red bull so we r all good

    If your energy drink is rotting your liver and destroying your stomach lining then it isn't strong enough #Monster
  • nice we arfe suporting the team
  • I'm not sure if this is the best thread to bring this subject up but after hearing lot's of rumors of a certain player potentially joining up STDX, I've decided to give my thoughts on the issue ...

    According to the CFS 2017 NA NF rules in section 1.4., subsection 1.4.2., it states that "Players must legally reside in the respective region where NF takes place." and because the national finals are not hosted in Germany, the team in question I believe cannot participate in future tournaments organized by Smilegate if they are to include this player in their roster. It is implicated in the rule set that "respective region" is referring to the "country" that this version of the game is licensed in via section 1.5., subsection 1.5.1. it states that "Users from region (country) where 2 or more CF are currently being serviced can decide which regional NF tournament they want to participate. Eg) United Kingdom: CFNA and CFEU are being serviced simultaneously." and the only country that CFNA has licensed in Europe is the United Kingdom so therefore only players from United Kingdom are allowed to participate in the north american CFS national finals along with the players from North America ...

    Precedent also shows in past GM rulings that a participating CFS NF team here was disqualified because some of the players resided in New Zealand and had to participate in the CFS European national finals instead because Z8Games did not have a license to service the "region" (country) New Zealand ...

    Unless the specified player changes his residence (such as moving from Germany to the UK) then he must play in the residence of his region where the CFS national finals are hosted which is CFEU published by GameRage ...
  • I'm not sure if this is the best thread to bring this subject up but after hearing lot's of rumors of a certain player potentially joining up STDX, I've decided to give my thoughts on the issue ...

    According to the CFS 2017 NA NF rules in section 1.4., subsection 1.4.2., it states that "Players must legally reside in the respective region where NF takes place." and because the national finals are not hosted in Germany, the team in question I believe cannot participate in future tournaments organized by Smilegate if they are to include this player in their roster. It is implicated in the rule set that "respective region" is referring to the "country" that this version of the game is licensed in via section 1.5., subsection 1.5.1. it states that "Users from region (country) where 2 or more CF are currently being serviced can decide which regional NF tournament they want to participate. Eg) United Kingdom: CFNA and CFEU are being serviced simultaneously." and the only country that CFNA has licensed in Europe is the United Kingdom so therefore only players from United Kingdom are allowed to participate in the north american CFS national finals along with the players from North America ...

    Precedent also shows in past GM rulings that a participating CFS NF team here was disqualified because some of the players resided in New Zealand and had to participate in the CFS European national finals instead because Z8Games did not have a license to service the "region" (country) New Zealand ...

    Unless the specified player changes his residence (such as moving from Germany to the UK) then he must play in the residence of his region where the CFS national finals are hosted which is CFEU published by GameRage ...

    EU players will play their own cfs qualifier so whats your point ?
  • snoxeey wrote: »

    EU players will play their own cfs qualifier so whats your point ?

    Kind of late to respond but Kanadian already clarified this matter. He basically said you need more than just a CFNA account from before August 2011 to compete for this CFS NF for NA. Technically, UK players were are also allowed as well to compete since CFNA was serviced in the UK as well. I don't know if unlicensed regions are still allowed to participate in CFS NF this year like in the case of last year like Rawness did who now has their own CFS NF ...

    CFCL Elite and other tournaments are basically setup so that just about any valid accounts are allowed to participate. It's different for CFS in that residency of country counts as well which basically means that UK players had two options regarding CFS NF. (don't know if that changed recently) This is not so for other EU countries like France, Germany or Portugal since CFNA is not licensed in those territories ...

    An incident was raised last year because of it in that a player who tried compete at CFS NF last year in CFNA actually had to register for the CFS NF in CFEU because that version of the game was specifically licensed in his region despite the fact that he was still allowed to login to CFNA since he had an account before August 2011 ...

    Life is very hard for a recent competitive CF player who wants to go professional unless the account was created either in NA or UK or some other unlicensed region ...

    Somehow, guys like KREEDZ, CRS, and Xopya are the only players in CFCL Elite who are able to log on which were accounts created after August 3rd, 2011 despite CFNA applying a region lock ... (don't know how they did it unless they are using a VPN or live in a valid territory when the account was created)

  • Kind of late to respond but Kanadian already clarified this matter. He basically said you need more than just a CFNA account from before August 2011 to compete for this CFS NF for NA. Technically, UK players were are also allowed as well to compete since CFNA was serviced in the UK as well. I don't know if unlicensed regions are still allowed to participate in CFS NF this year like in the case of last year like Rawness did who now has their own CFS NF ...

    CFCL Elite and other tournaments are basically setup so that just about any valid accounts are allowed to participate. It's different for CFS in that residency of country counts as well which basically means that UK players had two options regarding CFS NF. (don't know if that changed recently) This is not so for other EU countries like France, Germany or Portugal since CFNA is not licensed in those territories ...

    An incident was raised last year because of it in that a player who tried compete at CFS NF last year in CFNA actually had to register for the CFS NF in CFEU because that version of the game was specifically licensed in his region despite the fact that he was still allowed to login to CFNA since he had an account before August 2011 ...

    Life is very hard for a recent competitive CF player who wants to go professional unless the account was created either in NA or UK or some other unlicensed region ...

    Somehow, guys like KREEDZ, CRS, and Xopya are the only players in CFCL Elite who are able to log on which were accounts created after August 3rd, 2011 despite CFNA applying a region lock ... (don't know how they did it unless they are using a VPN or live in a valid territory when the account was created)

    this is old
  • hello are u still looking ??
Sign In or Register to comment.