CFS-NA 2017 Brackets

Comments

• has joined obliteraxion and would like the rosters to be updated
    No roster changes. Simple as that. I really can't be much more clear on this. If your team mate is missing his CFS stuff, have your captain send a ticket please.
    EX0T1C wrote: »
    Oh, I understand that. My fault for not being more clear. How are wild cards selected?
    That remains to be seen but is most likely picked at random draw.
  • No roster changes. Simple as that. I really can't be much more clear on this. If your team mate is missing his CFS stuff, have your captain send a ticket please.

That remains to be seen but is most likely picked at random draw.

Interesting. So, will wildcards be selected from teams that have lost in the first round? Or will second-round teams also be applicable wildcards?

Thanks again!
  • EX0T1C wrote: »
    So, will wildcards be selected from teams that have lost in the first round? Or will second-round teams also be applicable wildcards?

I believe he said second round teams.
  • davethenew wrote: »
    I believe he said second round teams.

Hm. Does that mean, then, the teams currently only with 1 scheduled match have no opportunity at a wildcard spot whatsoever?
  • There seems to be a bit of confusion, so I will try to explain a little better.

Round 1 is the entirety of teams you currently see. Of that round, there will be 14 losers and 14 winners.

Of those 14 losers, 2 will be picked at random to go to round 2 and join the 14 winners. (Making 16 teams that enter round 2)

8 teams will win round 2. Those 8 teams will be our final 8.

Example masterfully made in MS paint: https://imgur.com/a/4wQoJ
  • There seems to be a bit of confusion, so I will try to explain a little better.

Round 1 is the entirety of teams you currently see. Of that round, there will be 14 losers and 14 winners.

Of those 14 losers, 2 will be picked at random to go to round 2 and join the 14 winners. (Making 16 teams that enter round 2)

8 teams will win round 2. Those 8 teams will be our final 8.

Example masterfully made in MS paint: https://imgur.com/a/4wQoJ

Awesome, thanks for the clarity!

• Example masterfully made in MS paint: https://imgur.com/a/4wQoJ

10/10! Give this man a gold medal :D
  • I don't think wildcards should be picked at random ...

We should hold two loser brackets each consisting of 4 teams qualifying for wildcards and out of the 14 teams that lost, only the highest performing teams out of the 14 will be picked ... ('highest performing' as in winning the most amount of rounds taking precedence and then either highest amount of kills or team KDR)
  • I don't think wildcards should be picked at random ...

We should hold two loser brackets each consisting of 4 teams qualifying for wildcards and out of the 14 teams that lost, only the highest performing teams out of the 14 will be picked ... ('highest performing' as in winning the most amount of rounds taking precedence and then either highest amount of kills or team KDR)

Thank you for your feedback! However, we have reasons behind all of our actions I assure you. While you may feel a certain way about a decision, it is unfortunately not really a discussion at this time.
  • smh so many teams not gonna show up due to simple roster changes, good luck in china stdx
  • Thank you for your feedback! However, we have reasons behind all of our actions I assure you. While you may feel a certain way about a decision, it is unfortunately not really a discussion at this time.

I realize that ... (whatever those reasons maybe whether it'd be time constraints, schedule or the plans have been fixed in place)

But if the same format IS held for next year I'd look into doing loser brackets for wildcards since it gives the stronger teams who have been eliminated more chance to advance thus increasing competitiveness of the tournament ...
  • At least change the name of ObliteraXion to something else of Makaveli's choosing because ObliteraXion has been around since 2013 and we are NOT the ones who are playing cfs qualifiers and they are playing under OUR name.
  • Daniel_25 wrote: »
    At least change the name of ObliteraXion to something else of Makaveli's choosing because ObliteraXion has been around since 2013 and we are NOT the ones who are playing cfs qualifiers and they are playing under OUR name.
    This is the last time I will tell you to stop posting on the forums about this.
  • Just a reminder to join the discord via the link sent to your captain in tickets. If you need a new one you will have to ask on the ticket because they expire. If you do not check in via the discord on Sunday, you will be DQ.
  • Brackets are now updated on the website. I will update the match times here soon on the original post. Please note that moving forward, ONLY the CFS 2016 weapons will be allowed to be used. It is stated such on the rules page, and you should always refer to the rules page when you have a question about what you can and can't do. Because of the issue where two teams used these weapons, those teams will forfeit their matches. However, coincidentally these are also the two teams chosen who performed best out of those who lost matches, and as a result will be placed in the wild card slots.

Moving forward, the rules now rest on BOTH teams of a match. If you see something that may be wrong, it is up to YOU to stop the match immediately and call for a GM. Any disputes AFTER the match will not be considered. Furthermore, if you call a dispute for something that is NOT a violation of the rules, your team may be subject to penalty or forfeiture.

Good luck in your future matches.
  • Brackets are now updated on the website. I will update the match times here soon on the original post. Please note that moving forward, ONLY the CFS 2016 weapons will be allowed to be used. It is stated such on the rules page, and you should always refer to the rules page when you have a question about what you can and can't do. Because of the issue where two teams used these weapons, those teams will forfeit their matches. However, coincidentally these are also the two teams chosen who performed best out of those who lost matches, and as a result will be placed in the wild card slots.

Moving forward, the rules now rest on BOTH teams of a match. If you see something that may be wrong, it is up to YOU to stop the match immediately and call for a GM. Any disputes AFTER the match will not be considered. Furthermore, if you call a dispute for something that is NOT a violation of the rules, your team may be subject to penalty or forfeiture.

I'm fairly confused. What weapons did we use that were DQ worthy? We literally checked with you the day before.

Not that I'm not happy to replay Underground, just want to make sure we're doing things right since we clearly had a miscommunication. :)
  • [GM]Kanadian didn't you say you would choose the 2 wild cards at random among the teams that lose? I see you change the rules on the spot for some teams and not others.
    I'm fairly confused. What weapons did we use that were DQ worthy? We literally checked with you the day before.

Not that I'm not happy to replay Underground, just want to make sure we're doing things right since we clearly had a miscommunication. :)
    My 2 cents are that, as mentioned, the only guns that were allowed were the CFS 2016, I believe that would be the orange logo weapons. Since the rules on the page didn't change, I don't think there needs to be any further he-said she-said brought up.
  • My 2 cents are that, as mentioned, the only guns that were allowed were the CFS 2016, I believe that would be the orange logo weapons. Since the rules on the page didn't change, I don't think there needs to be any further he-said she-said brought up.

We were informed by an admin that we were fine. We were then informed days later that we were DQ'd for using said guns, but luckily re-added due to the wildcard.

I am trying to get some further clarity from a GM here so we can avoid the situation in the future :)
  • how can a team that's been disqualified still get re-invited to the tournament....
  • Your teammate, Kaiz had used an AWM CFS 2015 which had 10 bullets per clip and that is strictly prohibited in the vast majority of CF competitions ... (if you're in competitive, always assume a 5 bullet per clip AWMs unless VIPs are specifically allowed and make sure your teammates review the rules at least the day before a match next time.)

On topic, the 'wildcards' weren't really random after all since only the best performing team was picked ... (I'd prefer it this way since Ant eSports was given another chance for lot's of potential for upsets including maybe getting 1st place in NA CF National Finals.)
  • FRANTTT wrote: »
    how can a team that's been disqualified still get re-invited to the tournament....

No team got disqualified. The teams which used the wrong weapons have forfeited their matches. However, since they were the strongest teams in terms of the loser brackets, they will get the wildcard slots.
  • FRANTTT wrote: »
    how can a team that's been disqualified still get re-invited to the tournament....

They weren't disqualified, they got a forfeit and the GMs picked the top performing teams to be wildcards but how does that work when they used invalid equipment ?
  • they broke rules and got disputed.....how is that a forfeit lol. any rounds they won don't matter since they used illegal guns...
    I am trying to get some further clarity from a GM here so we can avoid the situation in the future :)

What more clarity do you want? Please refer to Kanadian's post again.
    Brackets are now updated on the website. I will update the match times here soon on the original post. Please note that moving forward, ONLY the CFS 2016 weapons will be allowed to be used. It is stated such on the rules page, and you should always refer to the rules page when you have a question about what you can and can't do. Because of the issue where two teams used these weapons, those teams will forfeit their matches. However, coincidentally these are also the two teams chosen who performed best out of those who lost matches, and as a result will be placed in the wild card slots.

• For ease, here is the official CFS 2016 weapons website: http://www.crossfirestars.com/en/league/weapon?kind=01&detail=005

As you can see, only the blue ones are shown here. However, in addition to those, orange logo "balanced" weapons were released by Smilegate in 2016.
    [MOD]Abel wrote: »
    What more clarity do you want? Please refer to Kanadian's post again.

If the orange-only is the official response now, then we're happy to do that too. We just would really like an official response as to WHICH guns are allowed, since none of them say "CFS 2016"

Again, we have no problem following anything we're told, and we're more than happy to replay Underground. I just want to, as I do every year, make sure that we follow the rules and compete without any issues haha. :)

Edit:

Here is why I am confused. These are the guns we used, and confirmed with GMs before the matches were okay (we confirmed all non-2014 variants were allowed). So, I would really, really like some sort of clarity moving into the next round before we somehow use the wrong things again.
    For ease, here is the official CFS 2016 weapons website: http://www.crossfirestars.com/en/league/weapon?kind=01&detail=005

As you can see, only the blue ones are shown here. However, in addition to those, orange logo "balanced" weapons were released by Smilegate in 2016.

If the orange-only is the official response now, then we're happy to do that too. We just would really like an official response as to WHICH guns are allowed, since none of them say "CFS 2016"

Again, we have no problem following anything we're told, and we're more than happy to replay Underground. I just want to, as I do every year, make sure that we follow the rules and compete without any issues haha. :)

Edit:

Here is why I am confused. These are the guns we used, and confirmed with GMs before the matches were okay (we confirmed all non-2014 variants were allowed). So, I would really, really like some sort of clarity moving into the next round before we somehow use the wrong things again.
    First of all, Kanadian never named which two teams. Yes, we kind of all know. But no, it doesn't mean your confusion and/or further clarifications/comments should then be publicly posted on the forums. If you think you want to clarify or dispute the decision, submit a Ticket or contact an Admin through the proper channels. If you have any further questions or need further confirmation of the guns, submit a ticket or contact an Admin through the proper channels. If you want to say anything further regarding this topic, submit a Ticket or contact an Admin through the proper channels. It's not like you don't know this.

Now please, drop it on the forums.
  • Now please, drop it on the forums.

Got it boss.

Regarding CFS this year, it's honestly a shame that so many teams didn't compete. I know rosters etc. etc., but you all knew for months in advance that this was gonna be the case. They kept extending the deadlines for everyone, too.

I'm super excited moving forward to see the competitive side being held to a higher standard.
  • They weren't disqualified, they got a forfeit and the GMs picked the top performing teams to be wildcards but how does that work when they used invalid equipment ?

I definitely agree with this, how are they the "top performing teams" when their matches got forefitted? Also didn't you say they would be chosen at random? And wouldn't another top performing team be men-in-red? I'm sure if this was any other team they would've instantly been removed from the tournament. How is this fair to any of the teams that followed the rules and lost?
  • Creative_S wrote: »
    I definitely agree with this, how are they the "top performing teams" when their matches got forefitted? Also didn't you say they would be chosen at random? And wouldn't another top performing team be men-in-red? I'm sure if this was any other team they would've instantly been removed from the tournament. How is this fair to any of the teams that followed the rules and lost?
    Got something against get Brikt and carbw0w?