Hacking

Comments

• Regarding the OP:

The ideas are decent, until you realize that it's a client-sided game. If I lag, and someone shoots me a dozen times, they might disconnect if the sever suddenly updates their damage all at once. Additionally, many cheaters find ways around glitch kill-zones (and ditto for speeding).

If I accidentally clip into a wall (every time a frag grenade blows up, this can happen), I would die annoyingly often.

Unfortunately, as always, the issue is not with cheaters. There will always be cheaters, and they will always be ahead of the staff -- that's he nature of online games. Hell, CSGO is one of the West's largest games, and there are more cheaters per capita there than in CF.

The issue is in our community's refusal to kick cheaters (likely because a large portion of the community doesn't understand the kick feature, or pay close attention to whether someone is cheating or not).

Final thoughts: CROSSFIRE PRINGLES?!?!
  • winnnetou wrote: »
    i am 100% sure the 95% of hakers are under 15 age
    I am 100% sure that 98.7% of statistics are made up on the spot by 34.81% of forum users.
  • You must have been playing HM or Mutant related modes. I ,myself, encountered many of these hackers recently. The Mutation related modes are infested with the hackers especially the ones who can one shot a mutant with just a single slash. Seems like they are coming back but they are still very few.

Ofc we can't say anything about them. If i write one of the most common names of the hackers then i will get an infraction. If i specify a particular country i will get an infraction. I may still get an infraction just by telling you these obvious facts :|.

We should restore HSR back because you know every hacker should be given a chance to redeem themselves.
  • EX0T1C wrote: »
    If I lag, and someone shoots me a dozen times, they might disconnect if the sever suddenly updates their damage all at once. Additionally, many cheaters find ways around glitch kill-zones (and ditto for speeding).

Well, this suggestion is more for HMX because it has no Kick Vote at the moment. Hackers are just going around with knives killing everyone in less than a second.
    EX0T1C wrote: »
    If I accidentally clip into a wall (every time a frag grenade blows up, this can happen), I would die annoyingly often.

There are places where a lot of hackers get in and there is no way to get them. Sometimes I get pushed through wall and I lose some HP or get error. Maybe losing 10 HP per sec when inside the wall would be a better idea. Once again, this was for HMX, no Kick Vote there.
    EX0T1C wrote: »
    The issue is in our community's refusal to kick cheaters (likely because a large portion of the community doesn't understand the kick feature, or pay close attention to whether someone is cheating or not).

True. I have been kicked while a hacker was in the room. I assume they want to test to see what it does or kick random people and stuff like that. They should re-work the KVS sometime.
    I am 100% sure that 98.7% of statistics are made up on the spot by 34.81% of forum users.

You sure that it's 98.7% of the statistics? So are you part of the 34.81% of users? o:
    olpers wrote: »
    You must have been playing HM or Mutant related modes. I ,myself, encountered many of these hackers recently. The Mutation related modes are infested with the hackers especially the ones who can one shot a mutant with just a single slash. Seems like they are coming back but they are still very few.

Ofc we can't say anything about them. If i write one of the most common names of the hackers then i will get an infraction. If i specify a particular country i will get an infraction. I may still get an infraction just by telling you these obvious facts :|.

We should restore HSR back because you know every hacker should be given a chance to redeem themselves.

Yeah, I mentioned on main post that these are mostly for MMs. Well, if it is a rule that you cannot say their names then obviously you will get punished if you do it.
    winnnetou wrote: »
    there is a saying in my country "u can not find forest without brushwood",
    so every comunity from every country have a few hakers, some more some less.
    the problem as i see is maybe z8 could limit the acces to the game by age in some
    kind of way, i am 100% sure the 95% of hakers are under 15 age , and if z8
    could restrict the acces to game at least under 15 years or maybe even 18 years
    our problem with hakers would be solved if not all , sure by 95%.

P.S. i forgot to say that i think age limit restriction would not affect
    the amount of money z8 gain from players becuase anyway
    the majority of the kids dont have money to buy zp

How would that work?

"Are you 15?"
    "No, I'm 20"
    "Okay you can play"
    *lelelel i'm actually 12.*
    maybe z8 could limit the acces to the game by age in some
    kind of way,

Can't be done. How would you do it, retinal scan before login? :p

Even if you tried going so far as having to scan and send ID before completing account creation, these kids would simply send their father's ID or something.
  • Not gonna lie. the Hacking situation is getting worse and worse by the day. And when you are in a team room where you can kick....the kick rarely goes through for a hacker if it's just a random pub match. You literally have to have no less than 5 friends in the room and then MAYBE it'll go through.

Our anti-hack program is laughable at best. And there's just not enough Support/GMs to pick off the hackers in time. I would highly suggest to have the Devs and the GMs focus on an Anti-hack based patch for October. (assuming it's too late for the 2nd September patch). I will be submitting a couple of reports later once I get in-game times. Our replay system is horrible...shouldn't have to be in-game to view replays either. Should make a 2nd replay viewer program that allows you to do all the replay stuff while not ingame.
  • Well, this is especially directed to GM[Effects] who asks to report to hackers, I am really tired and disappointed of the anti hacking system in crossfire, I have more than 10 years in this game and cheaters have always been a problem, but recently cheaters are seen in all rooms, all modes. I am thinking of not investing my time and money in this dishonest and non-competitive game, because it is not fair that I have more than 50 reports of obvious hackers and every day I see them again in the rooms doing it same. I demand a radical solution.

Pd: I have reports of more than 2 years old that are ignored, never open and obviously never worked out, I wasted my time reporting uselessly
  • Hack in mutation mode
    Can u GM guys focus on hack in mutation mode? We can't kick someone who use hack flying in the sky, run so fast, knife so fast and one knife kill the mutants. Just do something give us a fair environment to play. Ok? Or set up a system allow that have 5+VIP user have right to start vote to kick someone using hack in mutation mode. Those VIP users who love to play mutation mode are very upset and start quitting. Plz pay attention. If just give kick system back, me and my clan mates will be kicked when we join the game. If someone always play mutation mode, they should know us.
    http://crossfire.z8games.com/profile/21695931 that's me and my clan SMT
  • HELCAT wrote: »
    Hack in mutation mode
    Can u GM guys focus on hack in mutation mode? We can't kick someone who use hack flying in the sky, run so fast, knife so fast and one knife kill the mutants. Just do something give us a fair environment to play. Ok? Or set up a system allow that have 5+VIP user have right to start vote to kick someone using hack in mutation mode. Those VIP users who love to play mutation mode are very upset and start quitting. Plz pay attention. If just give kick system back, me and my clan mates will be kicked when we join the game. If someone always play mutation mode, they should know us.
    http://crossfire.z8games.com/profile/21695931 that's me and my clan SMT

I'm down with the VIP requirement to start a kick. But 5 VIPs is too much. 2 should be enough and I would actually be okay with KVS back in MM and FFA with this requirement. Since to my experience, it's usually the players who just started out are the ones kicking anyone for the fun of it.

HOWEVER, this rule should only apply to the modes that don't have KVS (non-team based modes) but the rest should stay how they are.
  • Pyrex00 wrote: »
    I'm down with the VIP requirement to start a kick. But 5 VIPs is too much. 2 should be enough and I would actually be okay with KVS back in MM and FFA with this requirement. Since to my experience, it's usually the players who just started out are the ones kicking anyone for the fun of it.

HOWEVER, this rule should only apply to the modes that don't have KVS (non-team based modes) but the rest should stay how they are.
    If u don't play mutation mode very much, then don't suggest anything, u don't know what's going on in this mode and u don't know how horrible my clan is. If kick votes back, we can't even play this game. As well as I don't know 5+VIP is too much, for real North America players, 5 means 300 hundred dollars. For us is not fair, we spend lots of money on this game, and we are so disappointed to play with hackers in every room. Z8 never care about players who spend money to support the game running. My clan (mainly 3 of us)contribute 110 thousand dollars in less than one year. I thought we will be trade kindly when we give some suggestions:(
    If u don't play mutation mode very much, then don't suggest anything, u don't know what's going on in this mode and u don't know how horrible my clan is. If kick votes back, we can't even play this game. As well as I don't know 5+VIP is too much, for real North America players, 5 means 300 hundred dollars. For us is not fair, we spend lots of money on this game, and we are so disappointed to play with hackers in every room. Z8 never care about players who spend money to support the game running. My clan (mainly 3 of us)contribute 110 thousand dollars in less than one year. I thought we will be trade kindly when we give some suggestions:(
    I think you misunderstood me lol when I said I'm down with this suggestion means I agree. But 5 VIPs to start a kick? I rarely see VIP players in MM so it's better to stick with 2 VIPs minimum.
  • That's z8's business to decide how many: ( just giving kick vote back is bad. Plz think about my suggestion or if give kick vote back system should allow players with X+ Vip unkickable, that may be better, everyone can kick hack now, if vip user use hack just report them, I think only a few idiot will spend money and use hack to get banned.
  • damn, that sucks, but i feel you.
    Maybe he was just under investigation (hence the loss of the hsr) and couldn't access his account, but the perm ban didnt go through.
    there are so many speed hackers in game recently :(
  • wow this hak situation have to stop somehow.
    today i meet one speed and 1 kill knife in ghost
    u know what he said to me before getting kik
    he said investing in crossfire is like investing in casete tapes
    this nops hak have nerve to insult us and crossfire too

he said investing in crossfire is like investing in casete tapes
    Lol hes right tho
  • ImJessica wrote: »
    there are so many speed hackers in game recently :(

I noticed that as well, and I mainly play S&D. I've seen more speed hackers and wallers in the last 2 days than I had seen in the last 3 months combined.
    Maybe they released a payed hack for free or something?
  • A few months back there weren't that many hackers, some in MM and HMX but I don't that as much. But now I see them everywhere, players with aimbot, flying, and wallhacking. The situation is much better than a few years ago, you wouldn't be able to play a normal game without a hacker.
    Z8 really cares about the players, anyone who says otherwise is just stupid. But I agree with everyone, we need to stop the hackers but sending reports takes so long and when you do, they get banned for a week.
    I think these solutions that OP suggested could be very helpful.
    That's z8's business to decide how many: ( just giving kick vote back is bad. Plz think about my suggestion or if give kick vote back system should allow players with X+ Vip unkickable, that may be better, everyone can kick hack now, if vip user use hack just report them, I think only a few idiot will spend money and use hack to get banned.

Unkickable? lol k

A few months back there weren't that many hackers, some in MM and HMX but I don't that as much. But now I see them everywhere, players with aimbot, flying, and wallhacking. The situation is much better than a few years ago, you wouldn't be able to play a normal game without a hacker.
    Z8 really cares about the players, anyone who says otherwise is just stupid. But I agree with everyone, we need to stop the hackers but sending reports takes so long and when you do, they get banned for a week.
    I think these solutions that OP suggested could be very helpful.

It's not that report takes long, I wouldn't mind reporting if the periods of them getting banned didn't have such a large margin and the fact that they're freshly made accounts that will go around making another alt and probably got a main.
  • And here I am again frustrated like a mother****er. Was actually gonna buy ZP, but after playing with hackers all day that won't happen. Every. Single. Match. I. Played. Today. Had. More. Than. One. Hacker. Yeah you read that right. It's time to block Middle East from creating new accounts and unblock BR and EU. You're gonna see how good this version is going to do. Still yet to see Z8/Smilegate do something about it. Nothing yet. Nada. These kids are killing the game, even when they don't hack they're lagging around clueless kick people because they refused to give their weapon that they paid with their hard earned money. They always try to scam people thinking everyone else are braindeads like they are. Do something, get rid of these parasites, ASAP.
  • iDupree_ wrote: »
    And here I am again frustrated like a mother****er. Was actually gonna buy ZP, but after playing with hackers all day that won't happen. Every. Single. Match. I. Played. Today. Had. More. Than. One. Hacker. Yeah you read that right. It's time to block Middle East from creating new accounts and unblock BR and EU. You're gonna see how good this version is going to do. Still yet to see Z8/Smilegate do something about it. Nothing yet. Nada. These kids are killing the game, even when they don't hack they're lagging around clueless kick people because they refused to give their weapon that they paid with their hard earned money. They always try to scam people thinking everyone else are braindeads like they are. Do something, get rid of these parasites, ASAP.

+111111111111111111111111 except that block Middle East from creating accounts , there are hak in other zones too, but they can try it to see if less hakers after

+111111111111111111111111 except that block Middle East from creating accounts , there are hak in other zones too, but they can try it to see if less hakers after

Then don't +1 something that you didn't read. Today I've only seen 1 player with 40 ping, the rest (played with more than 10 hackers) were obviously from Middle East because of names and language. In the next day every time I play with hacker I'll take a SS till I reach 10 hackers and we'll see the pings of them all.
    Then don't +1 something that you didn't read. Today I've only seen 1 player with 40 ping, the rest (played with more than 10 hackers) were obviously from Middle East because of names and language. In the next day every time I play with hacker I'll take a SS till I reach 10 hackers and we'll see the pings of them all.

i just said not all hakers are from middle east, dont be offended by that.
    and blocking an entire region for making accounts dosent seem an
    solution because there are legit players too in the region.
    myself cant make a new acc for example cause im from eu, and i dont like it
    but dont need a new account anyway
  • HMX has basically become like ranked, you're lucky if you run into a room that has no cheater. Earlier today my first game a cheater, second same but two and third one also a cheaters before i just raged logged out. But before I logged out he had spd cheat and knife so I changed into the maiden so I can jump higher to avoid him and he had the nerve to trash talk in broken English because I didn't want to engage him.

I went on twitch asking when they will update the anti, I was told it gets updated frequently. I'd like to know what it's actually updating? Because it's not certainly anything related to patching these cheats that have been out for months now. I was told to keep reporting when every cheater in HMX is a freshly made account ready to hop on another alt when or "if" they get banned. Like in all seriousness anyone with a half a brain can see it's getting nowhere, what's the point of reporting an account made two seconds ago when the time frame of them getting banned is very diverse and long.

But as usual expressing your opinions and wait until a thread dies out and if you bump it you get the usually script and told to create another one like the first one did anything which is similar to what reporting does.
  • oSasuke*** wrote: »
    HMX has basically become like ranked, you're lucky if you run into a room that has no cheater. Earlier today my first game a cheater, second same but two and third one also a cheaters before i just raged logged out. But before I logged out he had spd cheat and knife so I changed into the maiden so I can jump higher to avoid him and he had the nerve to trash talk in broken English because I didn't want to engage him.

I went on twitch asking when they will update the anti, I was told it gets updated frequently. I'd like to know what it's actually updating? Because it's not certainly anything related to patching these cheats that have been out for months now. I was told to keep reporting when every cheater in HMX is a freshly made account ready to hop on another alt when or "if" they get banned. Like in all seriousness anyone with a half a brain can see it's getting nowhere, what's the point of reporting an account made two seconds ago when the time frame of them getting banned is very diverse and long.

But as usual expressing your opinions and wait until a thread dies out and if you bump it you get the usually script and told to create another one like the first one did anything which is similar to what reporting does.

anticheat update means nothing just because after anticheat update the hakers update heir haks too we need a brand new anticheat , stronger than this one we have
    anticheat update means nothing just because after anticheat update the hakers update heir haks too

That's true if the cheat was paid, but judging by the vast amount of the same cheats it's not paid. And before when it updated we would all get patch files for the anti, which I haven't seen in a very long time which means whats getting updated has nothing to do with these cheats.

Just google it and you'll find sites and videos that are OF this year so it's not like they don't know whats causing or how to reproduce it. It's a matter of fact if they want to act on the situation and looking by "keep reporting" I doubt they rely on the anti very much.
    HMX has basically become like ranked, you're lucky if you run into a room that has no cheater. Earlier today my first game a cheater, second same but two and third one also a cheaters before i just raged logged out. But before I logged out he had spd cheat and knife so I changed into the maiden so I can jump higher to avoid him and he had the nerve to trash talk in broken English because I didn't want to engage him.

Can we stop with the "half brains" "braindead" jokes? brain disease is seeryes you know.

but like Abel always says, they come in waves so let's just chill and wait it out.
    i just said not all hakers are from middle east, dont be offended by that.
    and blocking an entire region for making accounts dosent seem an
    solution because there are legit players too in the region.
    myself cant make a new acc for example cause im from eu, and i dont like it
    but dont need a new account anyway

Then those legit players can play with the account they have...?
    oSasuke*** wrote: »

Still trying to wonder how CFBR's anti cheat bans hundreds of accounts yet ours sits there doing nothing. Someone take the coffee out of our Anti-cheat's hands.
    Pyrex00 wrote: »
    Can we stop with the "half brains" "braindead" jokes? brain disease is seeryes you know.

but like Abel always says, they come in waves so let's just chill and wait it out.

Do you think people are gonna really care what comes out of their mouth when they pay hundreds of dollars for their weapons and they have to play with hackers all day?

I just got done writing a reply with cussing words and won't edit it out because the infraction I'm going to get is deserved. But was raging at that moment. Now I am okay because I am playing another game and actually ENJOYING it.
  • Pyrex00 wrote: »

It's not a joke and where did I state that? You're one to talk seeing you in rooms. Yeah that waves been here for a good number of months now maybe since you just started playing HMX for the event you wouldn't know.

Even if I had wrote that it's nice to see I get infracted for that when they constantly spam a mothers body part in pm or when they spam announcement threads with large font or nothing to do with the thread but nothing happens because they know it's pretty useless.
    It's not a joke and where did I state that? You're one to talk seeing you in rooms. Yeah that waves been here for a good number of months now maybe since you just started playing HMX for the event you wouldn't know.

I'm not saying I 24/7 HMX but before I rarely saw hackers and I'm not saying I don't play HMX at all either. I play it more often now because I enjoy it but the hackers are ruining that experience. Also I hope you know I tend to joke around in pubs but you don't seem like you're joking at all when making these "jokes".

For now, I advise you to go outside, take a break from HMX, and then come back after 1 or 2 patches and hopefully all is well.
    Then those legit players can play with the account they have...?

yes they can play with the accounts they have, but there could be legit new players