Hacking

Okay, so lately the game has been filled with brainless people who cannot play legit, so they just start using hacks. And the only way to get rid of them is by reporting (slow process).

Here are some things that could be useful in the MMs. Reason for it being MMs is because there is no kick vote there, in other modes there is (rip FFA).

To prevent hackers that go under the map or stay inside walls:

- Make EVERY single place you're not supposed to insta kill you. Not only would that get rid of those annoying hackers inside of every wall, people wouldn't be able to glitch anymore.

To prevent speed knife:

- Make it so that when you do an impossible X amount of damage you error out of the room. For example, yesterday in HMX was Titan and had 11K HP and someone knifed me in less than a sec. Max damage you can do with melee is 1400 slashing and 4000 right click, if someone does more damage than that at once, they should error out of the room.

To prevent fly hack:

-When you reach a certain altitude that is not possible to reach not even with Maiden, then make it insta kill. Would also make those 2 people glitching and making themselves stuck at the skies.

To prevent speed hack:

- The fastest you can go is using Dread's skill as a Titan. Anybody who goes fast than that should get an error. Seen this hacker go so fast, I could barely see him, never seen a speed hack like that.

At this point, I am really tired of reporting accounts that were created like 10 seconds ago. It takes less than a minute to create an account. I reported a hacker, report got checked, HSR removed, and I just got done playing with him... He was chilling under the map killing everyone.

The "keep reporting" sentence is getting very old and tiring. I don't want to keep reporting and play with the same hackers after a week or two.

Comments

• iDupree_ wrote: »
    The "keep reporting" sentence is getting very old and tiring. I don't want to keep reporting and play with the same hackers after a week or two.

And you just hear it from one of a handful of GM's. Imagine hearing 'I dont want to report' from hundreds of players. As always, we are constantly working to combat these issues. However these things take time. It is not as simple as 'just make it so they can't go outside the wall'. We have to check it, log it, report it to developers, they have to fix it (or add new systems based on some of these suggestions), send it to us, we have to test it, confirm it works, approve it, they attach it to a new build, send it to us, we confirm that build, approve it, and then it goes in a patch.

There is a vast difference between 'X should happen' and 'here is how X can happen'. I get that its tiring to report, I hear you on that. But at the same time, its the best option right now.
  • And you just hear it from one of a handful of GM's. Imagine hearing 'I dont want to report' from hundreds of players. As always, we are constantly working to combat these issues. However these things take time. It is not as simple as 'just make it so they can't go outside the wall'. We have to check it, log it, report it to developers, they have to fix it (or add new systems based on some of these suggestions), send it to us, we have to test it, confirm it works, approve it, they attach it to a new build, send it to us, we confirm that build, approve it, and then it goes in a patch.

There is a vast difference between 'X should happen' and 'here is how X can happen'. I get that its tiring to report, I hear you on that. But at the same time, its the best option right now.

I know that the best option right now is to report, so that is why I am suggesting this. With the money Smilegate makes, they should always try new ways to get rid of hackers. Reporting an account that was made that day, and then that person can create another 1 min later is kinda lame, you know. I just feel like I wasted 10 mins of my life doing nothing if I report smiley faces.
    I know that the best option right now is to report, so that is why I am suggesting this. With the money Smilegate makes, they should always try new ways to get rid of hackers. Reporting an account that was made that day, and then that person can create another 1 min later is kinda lame, you know. I just feel like I wasted 10 mins of my life doing nothing if I report smiley faces.

Don't forget that z8games gives 250k gp as a beginners reward and 30 days tesla/mauser libra/m4 xs royal dragon...to these "smiley faces" :D
  • e33ffws23 wrote: »
    Don't forget that z8games gives 250k gp as a beginners reward and 30 days tesla/mauser libra/m4 xs royal dragon...to these "smiley faces" :D
    I don't see how that has to do with hacking.
  • e33ffws23 wrote: »

Yeah, and there is no problem with that. They're not going to stop giving it to people just because of hackers. If they have a Tesla, or a M16, they're still going to fly around and stuff, no difference.

Honestly same though. Even I've almost stopped reporting people, as no matter how much evidence they give me to submit, some of them still keep playing.

My favourite tactic is just humiliating them now. I've gotten very used to speed knifers, and actually usually dominate them. Its just the actual speed hackers and flyers that really get to me. I still report those guys.
  • Honestly same though. Even I've almost stopped reporting people, as no matter how much evidence they give me to submit, some of them still keep playing.

My favourite tactic is just humiliating them now. I've gotten very used to speed knifers, and actually usually dominate them. Its just the actual speed hackers and flyers that really get to me. I still report those guys.

One of the guys I reported somehow got banned for just some days. He lost his HSR, but is back hacking again.
    One of the guys I reported somehow got banned for just some days. He lost his HSR, but is back hacking again.

Damn, that sucks, but I feel you.
    Maybe he was just under investigation (hence the loss of the HSR) and couldn't access his account, but the perm ban didnt go through.
    To prevent speed knife:

- Make it so that when you do an impossible X amount of damage you error out of the room. For example, yesterday in HMX was Titan and had 11K HP and someone knifed me in less than a sec. Max damage you can do with melee is 1400 slashing and 4000 right click, if someone does more damage than that at once, they should error out of the room.

To prevent fly hack:

-When you reach a certain altitude that is not possible to reach not even with Maiden, then make it insta kill. Would also make those 2 people glitching and making themselves stuck at the skies.

To prevent speed hack:

- The fastest you can go is using Dread's skill as a Titan. Anybody who goes fast than that should get an error. Seen this hacker go so fast, I could barely see him, never seen a speed hack like that.

At this point, I am really tired of reporting accounts that were created like 10 seconds ago. It takes less than a minute to create an account. I reported a hacker, report got checked, HSR removed, and I just got done playing with him... He was chilling under the map killing everyone.

Your solution to stopping these types of cheats is called "Server Validation"
    I've posted a thread about this before where the server checks a player's actions to verify if they're legit.
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?327508-Stop-investing-in-a-failed-anti-cheat-system-and-other-terrible-ideas-Long

However I've been met with no support saying how this "might lag the server" or that "CF is an outdated game" and that if it was to be implemented it would require rewriting the whole game from scratch.

What CF is doing right now is trusting all this information from clients. Meaning that any programmer can change some values/data in the client and then CF just doesn't check the information. It just gets registered which is a terrible idea.

+1 for Server validation, I have been advocating this idea, but hopefully people might listen to a more reputable member and agree with this idea.

EDIT:
    I would like to add, before the change in anti cheat system, it takes cheaters a least a long time to create new cheats, but I've noticed with this new anti-cheat system, that cheats just come back right after a couple of days.
  • +1 for sure! Its the most appropriate way to prevent hacking
  • And you just hear it from one of a handful of GM's. Imagine hearing 'I dont want to report' from hundreds of players. As always, we are constantly working to combat these issues. However these things take time. It is not as simple as 'just make it so they can't go outside the wall'. We have to check it, log it, report it to developers, they have to fix it (or add new systems based on some of these suggestions), send it to us, we have to test it, confirm it works, approve it, they attach it to a new build, send it to us, we confirm that build, approve it, and then it goes in a patch.

let it take the long it should take! :D as we know it will ever be applied in cf , we dont mind waiting !
  • Your solution to stopping these types of cheats is called "Server Validation"
    I've posted a thread about this before where the server checks a player's actions to verify if they're legit.
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?327508-Stop-investing-in-a-failed-anti-cheat-system-and-other-terrible-ideas-Long

However I've been met with no support saying how this "might lag the server" or that "CF is an outdated game" and that if it was to be implemented it would require rewriting the whole game from scratch.

What CF is doing right now is trusting all this information from clients. Meaning that any programmer can change some values/data in the client and then CF just doesn't check the information. It just gets registered which is a terrible idea.

+1 for Server validation, I have been advocating this idea, but hopefully people might listen to a more reputable member and agree with this idea.

EDIT:
    I would like to add, before the change in anti cheat system, it takes cheaters a least a long time to create new cheats, but I've noticed with this new anti-cheat system, that cheats just come back right after a couple of days.

wow dude, i like your idea. This is a feasible idea to eliminate every kind of hack.
  • why don't Cf Programmers and development team Lock Crossfire files so that hackers can't mod it ?! Seems so Simple and idiotic but i think it'll work ..
  • Hackers every where if we reported a hacker and then banned they make another accounts and open hack to annoy us so we need something to stop them cuz that enough
    • IGN Ezio
  • why don't Cf Programmers and development team Lock Crossfire files so that hackers can't mod it ?! Seems so Simple and idiotic but i think it'll work ..

Unfortunately no matter what they do you can't stop files being editable :/
  • Unfortunately no matter what they do you can't stop files being editable :/

a Billion Dollars Company Can't do this ?! ....
  • a Billion Dollars Company Can't do this ?! ....

They can but unfortunately we are not their priority. You should see CF China's anti cheat. Made by the major company that owns smilegate or partnership but it's only for cf China. Its called TenProtect.
  • Pyrex00 wrote: »
    They can but unfortunately we are not their priority. You should see CF China's anti cheat. Made by the major company that owns smilegate or partnership but it's only for cf China. Its called TenProtect.

yeah..that makes me so sad :( after all the money they get they should at least Upgrade the System's Servers and The Anti cheat ..
  • Almost every HMX room has one or two cheaters if I'm lucky more and it's been months, so you're telling me our anti-cheat is reporting them even when you do that it takes months for them to get ban if they do get ban. Alternatives were suggested and only reply that was given was to keep reporting like that's getting anywhere, like in all seriousness just play on alt and see the cheaters. Today I ran into over half a dozen or more, if you don't believe how awful it is I can start recording clips to show you how awful it is and how bad it's getting, I don't see how reporting is any useful when the time frame of them getting banned differs by a large margin and "if" they do, they going to go around make another account.

I honestly have no idea how this guy is still able play it's been almost half a year when he is very well known in ranked and it's been month since he was reported by a forumer and still has his hsr, but keep reporting. smh
    FIdoKQ7.png
    You should see CF China's anti cheat. Made by the major company that owns smilegate or partnership but it's only for cf China. Its called TenProtect.
    Yet there are the worst kind of hackers wreaking havoc in CFCN almost always. Hate to be the one to say it, but that's the truth. In terms of programming, this game is like the 'Hello World' program for hackers due to its outdated code.Sadly, arguing with GMs would just be a waste of time. Because I assume they know and acknowledge in their hearts what this game needs to improve, but they have no power over taking decisions of such magnitude as this.
  • whyyyyy whyyyyyyy whyyyyyyyyyyyyy is the game still filled with hackers?

Almost every room I go to there is a hacker or more. No jokes.

I thought that a game was supposed to be something fun, where you can enjoy what you're doing and all that, but no. It's about leaving a match, and another one, and another one, etc. It's about about putting people in a bad mood. Make people rage and blah blah blah. Nothing being done, from what I can see. Newly created accounts hacking which obv I won't report cuz they can create another account in a sec.

You're giving us events that require us to play a crazy amount of time while the game is filled with hacks. I literally have been playing these last days because of event, but seems like I'm just gonna farm the rest and go play something else where I can have FUN and ENJOY the game.

Patch the anti hack, do this do that, try to do something to stop these hackers, for the love of whatever you believe in.

Regards,

A very frustrated loyal player.
    whyyyyy whyyyyyyy whyyyyyyyyyyyyy is the game still filled with hackers?

I thought that a game was supposed to be something fun, where you can enjoy what you're doing and all that, but no. It's about leaving a match, and another one, and another one, etc. It's about about putting people in a bad mood. Make people rage and blah blah blah. Nothing being done, from what I can see. Newly created accounts hacking which obv I won't report cuz they can create another account in a sec.

You're giving us events that require us to play a crazy amount of time while the game is filled with hacks. I literally have been playing these last days because of event, but seems like I'm just gonna farm the rest and go play something else where I can have FUN and ENJOY the game.

Patch the anti hack, do this do that, try to do something to stop these hackers, for the love of whatever you believe in.

Regards,

Whats new?
  • Moerwijk wrote: »
    Whats new?

I don't know how they expect to get new players in this game. If a new player comes to this version and 8 out of his 10 matches have hackers, he sure will uninstall the next day.
    whyyyyy whyyyyyyy whyyyyyyyyyyyyy is the game still filled with hackers?

Regards,

All low ranks? You should've been in my game last night in hmx ha!

The only thing I would advise the GMs to do right now is send like 5 game patrollers in NA and 5 in UK and go in games without kickvote like hmx. Or just bring back kickvote :rolleyes:
    All low ranks? You should've been in my game last night in hmx ha!

The only thing I would advise the GMs to do right now is send like 5 game patrollers in NA and 5 in UK and go in games without kickvote like hmx. Or just bring back kickvote :rolleyes:

At night you can see a couple of hackers that are high ranks and low pings. But during the day it's crazy. They're new accounts with random names, looks like they hit their head on the keyboard or something I swear...

Also, at this point I'm starting to think about Kick Vote coming back. But back on those times there weren't as many hackers as there is now.

To prevent fly hack:

that would be a good idea. I know if you fall under the map you error out or die. although some people don't jump that high and still might be able to do this. like in Egypt TDM people will just jump/fly over the little walls. Not sure how much hacking goes on in other versions so it might not be a priority to fix these things ... maybe in China it's not that much hacking since the game is cooler there and people play for fun.. they have crossfire pringles and all...
  • skyyblu wrote: »
    that would be a good idea. I know if you fall under the map you error out or die. although some people don't jump that high and still might be able to do this. like in Egypt TDM people will just jump/fly over the little walls. Not sure how much hacking goes on in other versions so it might not be a priority to fix these things ... maybe in China it's not that much hacking since the game is cooler there and people play for fun.. they have crossfire pringles and all...

In most maps there is a 'ceiling' that will actually kill you if you go that high. Unfortunately this is not all maps that I am aware of, but I too would like to see this.

Also those pringles are good for the record.
  • there is a saying in my country "u can not find forest without brushwood",
    so every comunity from every country have a few hakers, some more some less.
    the problem as i see is maybe z8 could limit the acces to the game by age in some
    kind of way, i am 100% sure the 95% of hakers are under 15 age , and if z8
    could restrict the acces to game at least under 15 years or maybe even 18 years
    our problem with hakers would be solved if not all , sure by 95%.

P.S. i forgot to say that i think age limit restriction would not affect
    the amount of money z8 gain from players becuase anyway
    the majority of the kids dont have money to buy zp
  • skyyblu wrote: »

Not all maps, though.

Yesterday I was playing in HMX, I jumped out of the rooftop and my game froze for half a sec, when it came back was inside a box, I didn't leave to see what would happen and I insta died when the countdown ended. Thing is, I've seen hackers inside the same box I was in without dying, not sure how.