ZP value depending on the currency state of each country?

2»

Comments

• When a certain European country had a sneaky way of getting cheap zp that was only available to them what happened? Capitalism lol. Players from that region started selling zp anywhere from 20% to 50% of what it would cost anyone else. Even if you use a payment option only available out there how to do expect them to region block people from gifting? Why would anyone want to over pay for something? I don't go to the grocery store and say gee can I get the milk that isn't on sale?
    If there is a way for people to get it cheaper they will. For a short time CAD was higher than USD and buying zp was great. Even when they were close to par many Americans were buying zp through Canadian channels because they would get better bang for your buck.

I feel the pain of a USD based price, not to the extent you do as our currency has not halved and we have decent wages and all... but that's life right.
  • I remember a couple years ago German players found a way to purchase 100K ZP for 8 euros or something. It was through exploiting some German cell network company's new SIM card offer. People from all over the world than learned to abuse it as well and bought tons of ZP for very little money. I'll expect to see the same if one specific country's zp becomes cheaper.
  • BVB_Reus wrote: »
    If they ever lower zp prices for Egyptians....I'm moving to Egypt...................NOPE!!! I take that back...I love Canada! Canadian-flag.gif Would love to visit the pyramids though :D #eh?

Buddy, you are so welcomed.. (take me with you, it is like 20 km away but I haven't been to the pyramids since... idk 1995 >.>)
    When a certain European country had a sneaky way of getting cheap zp that was only available to them what happened? Capitalism lol. Players from that region started selling zp anywhere from 20% to 50% of what it would cost anyone else. Even if you use a payment option only available out there how to do expect them to region block people from gifting? Why would anyone want to over pay for something? I don't go to the grocery store and say gee can I get the milk that isn't on sale?
    If there is a way for people to get it cheaper they will. For a short time CAD was higher than USD and buying zp was great. Even when they were close to par many Americans were buying zp through Canadian channels because they would get better bang for your buck.

I feel the pain of a USD based price, not to the extent you do as our currency has not halved and we have decent wages and all... but that's life right.

So to be clear, you are saying you lack the ability to control who the beneficiaries would be and you cannot protect yourself? Survey sites can do it and you can't?
    If the milk on sale is in another country you wouldn't be able to buy it. I do believe this is not life, this is not milk and this is not big mac guys. It is a game with a virtual fake currency in your control and it has nothing to do with life actually. You say if there is a way to get it cheaper, I say don't allow it and control who benefits from it. Don't tell me you can't plz .-.

-No gifting allowed on these cards
    -IP based
    -Proxies not allowed (Survey sites have done it already)
    -Add verifications as much as you want, egy mobile numbers, SMS verification, connect to egy verified google, facebook..
    -Restricted to accounts based in and made from Egypt (in addition to every measure up there..)

You know you can't buy an egy mobile number unless it is verified with an Egyptian national ID.. The measures you can take are endless and an expert would have better options. It has been done already and you can do it too.. When there is a will there is a way I guess.

I have to thank you and Kanadian for taking an interest in the post in the first place but still, a GM and a Mod who opposes without a "we will see IF it can be done" is so frustrating. I'm kinda giving up on the topic here if this is the message you wanna deliver :|
    While I'd hate to get a confirmation that it can't and won't be done, I still would wanna move on you know ^^'
  • Only thing that might work is the phone number that has to be verified with ID that you suggested and the other suggestions you said to prevent loop holes all can and are abused currently to benefit ones self.
  • Pooyan wrote: »
    I remember a couple years ago German players found a way to purchase 100K ZP for 8 euros or something. It was through exploiting some German cell network company's new SIM card offer. People from all over the world than learned to abuse it as well and bought tons of ZP for very little money. I'll expect to see the same if one specific country's zp becomes cheaper.

Players like "Miss low ping best account in the world Cutie" right there in the first page of this thread? ;)
    By the way it was already patched
  • oSasuke*** wrote: »
    Only thing that might work is the phone number that has to be verified with ID that you suggested and the other suggestions you said to prevent loop holes all can and are abused currently to benefit ones self.

Well, anything that can work without having loop holes is what I ask for.. Charging by your cell phone credit for example or Verifying a CF account with ONE cell phone number so you can't charge to other accounts!.. Just anything with maximum security against abuse..
    And I am sure there must be something more creative and advanced that professionals can provide to avoid any kind of abuse.
    GrSkill wrote: »
    Players like "Miss low ping best account in the world Cutie" right there in the first page of this thread? ;)
    By the way it was already patched

Couldn't find the statement above but to guess who it is ain't so hard lol.. And if it was a loop hole, glad it was patched though the zp that the people got should be taken back in that case..

Edit:

This is just a newbie example...
    The new tool for Egyptian players to charge ZP to their accounts

Before you start kindly read all the terms and conditions you need to know or face the disastrous consequences and do not blame us for what happens to your account later!!!!
    You have been warned

-This tool is a way for Egyptian players to charge ZP to their accounts with different rates than the usual ones after researching the need for it to meet average wages.

-Only Egyptians can use this tool and it can only be used for accounts created from Egypt

-You have to use your personal Mobile Number to verify your payment and the payment is done using your phone credit/bill or through a Credit/Debit card that is made in Egypt. If you use a credit card, you will still have to link your account with that phone and verify the payment somehow (Technical stuff..)

-Once the tool has been linked to a specific phone, it cannot be changed. If there is an update to the phone number, you will have to contact us by sending us a support ticket explaining the need to change it. Support will analyze the situation and based on the analysis it can either approve the changes or your request will be disapproved upon suspected abuse. Please know you might lose the privilege of using this tool if any kind of abuse is suspected.
    Again: Only 1 phone per 1 account can be used and once the payment is done, the tool will be linked to that phone number forever!

The current prices for ZP are as follows
    -10,000 ZP = 20 EGP
    -20,000 ZP = 40 EGP
    -50,000 ZP = 75 EGP
    -100,000 ZP = 140 EGP
  • 100k ZP=140 EGP =7.5 Dollar
    are u kidding me
    this will ruins the game
  • gomhoria wrote: »
    100k ZP=140 EGP =7.5 Dollar
    are u kidding me
    this will ruins the game

Nope, I am not kidding you.. This is a logical price for average wages. Not to mention the starting salary of 1200 EGP for some of those who work in the public sector..
    Have you read the whole post? If so, did you see the part when Germans could buy a 100k zp for 8 Euros? Didn't see you getting surprised there. so why now?

Let me tell you buddy, 7.5$, 5$, 1$. If this was the issue I wouldn't have started this topic.
    So NO it is not 7.5$ bcoz egyptians do not earn dollars for their jobs. It is just 140 EGP and when you say it will ruin the game, I'd appreciate if you say how?
    I keep getting the same kind of comments with ZERO reasons!!! Zero explanations!! Dwell on it so we can have a fruitful conversation :)

140 EGP to egyptians is like 150$ to an american.
    I get your quotes about the "life is not fair" but once again, this is not about life. This is a price for ZP, which has NO VALUE in real life, that suits an average Egyptian salary.. It is not based on the US price. Hence kindly don't compare.

If you wanna compare, Egyptians will buy zp as much as an American or a European.. Seems fair to the ears.. Will the game be ruined bcoz the major sector of players will be on par with other countries? I'll keep wondering until you give an actual reason..

Thanks I guess!
  • Catphobia wrote: »
    Nope, I am not kidding you.. This is a logical price for average wages. Not to mention the starting salary of 1200 EGP for some of those who work in the public sector..
    Have you read the whole post? If so, did you see the part when Germans could buy a 100k zp for 8 Euros? Didn't see you getting surprised there. so why now?

Let me tell you buddy, 7.5$, 5$, 1$. If this was the issue I wouldn't have started this topic.
    So NO it is not 7.5$ bcoz egyptians do not earn dollars for their jobs. It is just 140 EGP and when you say it will ruin the game, I'd appreciate if you say how?
    I keep getting the same kind of comments with ZERO reasons!!! Zero explanations!! Dwell on it so we can have a fruitful conversation :)

140 EGP to egyptians is like 150$ to an american.
    I get your quotes about the "life is not fair" but once again, this is not about life. This is a price for ZP, which has NO VALUE in real life, that suits an average Egyptian salary.. It is not based on the US price. Hence kindly don't compare.

If you wanna compare, Egyptians will buy zp as much as an American or a European.. Seems fair to the ears.. Will the game be ruined bcoz the major sector of players will be on par with other countries? I'll keep wondering until you give an actual reason..

Thanks I guess!

Sorry for bursting your bubble but that's never gonna happen. Cuz next thing you know everyone from all over the world would start crying and demanding lowered ZP prices based on their country's average wages. Only solution for you is to wait for CFEGY to be made. Since it's CFNA/UK, you can't negotiate with them to have prices for a particular country lowered, regardless of how many players are from said country.
  • If someone had to take the time to set up a system to be unabusable by you guys with our wages it would take years to pay off if ever with your suggested pricing. What you may not understand is the virtual stuff you are buying has real world value in the business sense. If they pay 18 usd (just an example i have no idea) in royalties for each zp crate gun won how would they pay their staff?
    Better question, how would you ever get your own server since the revenue for that region would be at a loss.
  • Lamo people in Egypt earn 70$ a month?In my country the minimum wage is 8-9$ for 1 hour of work(the minimum salary here is 1800-2000$ a month)

I wish I could somehow help you bro but Egy's are kinda brought it on themselves.You can't really hack/scam/lag/insult/farm(and bring your 50 blood brothers to do just the same),and then except/ask/beg for cheaper game points.If your people were at least semi-cultured people then maybe you had some "+1 votes" on your suggestion
  • If your people were at least semi-cultured people then maybe you had some "+1 votes" on your suggestion

why you so rude ? I give him a +1
  • Golden173 wrote: »
    why you so rude ?

because @RuHadow from israel ..
  • Golden173 wrote: »
    because @RuHadow from israel ..

You gotta be kidding me right?

2009-2017: 99.99999% of the players are spamming the forums begging the Gm's to ban Egypt ip (I'm quoting: "Egypt is the cancer of Crossfire" ,"all what those useless are doing is lagging & teleporting across the map and spamming curses in arabic towards legit players")
    Watch the first page of this thread-Danah is calling them a 3rd world country/ immature
    and now when I improperly calling them "cultureless people" then you calling me "rude" and "racist"?
    eh...the mentality >_<
    and I was talking about the toxic majority of them(egy's) and not about OP...He actually looks like a nice person I even called him "bro" and "I wish I could help"

By the way-stay on topic this thread isn't about me pff
  • I know this is a bit politic and have have no thing to do with this game& forum but are you from the US by chance?did you know that egypt are blaming the us/uk/eu/Israel and the rest of the oecd countries for them being a 3rd world country?they blame the whole world except themselves for the poverty in their country
  • Watch the first page of this thread-Danah is calling them a 3rd world country/ immature
    I am against the Suggestion but , @Danah You are a racist person :)
    You have the right to say your opinion without hurting the feelings of others.

Please RuHadow stop posting from other account :)
  • If someone had to take the time to set up a system to be unabusable by you guys with our wages it would take years to pay off if ever with your suggested pricing. What you may not understand is the virtual stuff you are buying has real world value in the business sense. If they pay 18 usd (just an example i have no idea) in royalties for each zp crate gun won how would they pay their staff?
    Better question, how would you ever get your own server since the revenue for that region would be at a loss.

is the royalties thing real? It's not the first time I heard it and if it is then it completely ruins this idea as you've stated. Even without royalties the idea is HIGHLY dependent on other Currency based players to be buying ZP per normal in order to support Z8's expenses and wages. I'd like to think that Z8 has a large enough pay portal that they don't get charged credit card transaction costs. but if they do get hit with the transaction fees of credit cards it'd likely be in USD which means a ZP price equivalent to $1 USD would likely net them, if anything, a few cents. Thus in order to make ANY real amount of money off of such a low Egypt pricing then there'd have to be MASSIVE amounts of sales coming out of the region. Which quite frankly, while i'm sure a lot more people would be buying, I highly doubt it'd be enough.

If there is in fact royalty fees for each ZP gun won then the increased amount of ZP in the game, bought at such a low price in USD, would likely create a net loss for Z8. UNLESS they decreased the crate win rate in which that would hurt the normal wage players and require EVERYONE to buy more ZP which would likely result in less people buying ZP, especially in the regions that pay 'full price' and because they pay 'full price' are essentially the ones paying for Z8's costs. Without those costs getting covered Z8 would have to downscale or flat out close up CF:NA/UK (eventually) due to failure to make profits (if not even a couple of months in the red). So if royalties are in fact a thing then it becomes very illogical on Z8s part to do a ZP area specific price lowering. At least for a full time thing. Maybe a significant (but not as significant as suggested) reduction through a special pay means and as a very temporary option would be okay. Say like a month long Egypt promotional through special pre-paid cards with restrictions on them that prevent abuse through being used outside of the region.

As stated before, the best case scenario for seeing permanent prices as suggested would be if a company that operates out of the region were to license a CF:ME version.
  • It was funny to read.

In my job when a company have an expensive behavior with our services, we just inflate theyr prices to don't lost money and to can invest in a more accurate regulation.
    We don't lower theyr prices. Destruction have a price.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    is the royalties thing real? It's not the first time I heard it and if it is then it completely ruins this idea as you've stated. Even without royalties the idea is HIGHLY dependent on other Currency based players to be buying ZP per normal in order to support Z8's expenses and wages. I'd like to think that Z8 has a large enough pay portal that they don't get charged credit card transaction costs. but if they do get hit with the transaction fees of credit cards it'd likely be in USD which means a ZP price equivalent to $1 USD would likely net them, if anything, a few cents. Thus in order to make ANY real amount of money off of such a low Egypt pricing then there'd have to be MASSIVE amounts of sales coming out of the region. Which quite frankly, while i'm sure a lot more people would be buying, I highly doubt it'd be enough.

If there is in fact royalty fees for each ZP gun won then the increased amount of ZP in the game, bought at such a low price in USD, would likely create a net loss for Z8. UNLESS they decreased the crate win rate in which that would hurt the normal wage players and require EVERYONE to buy more ZP which would likely result in less people buying ZP, especially in the regions that pay 'full price' and because they pay 'full price' are essentially the ones paying for Z8's costs. Without those costs getting covered Z8 would have to downscale or flat out close up CF:NA/UK (eventually) due to failure to make profits (if not even a couple of months in the red). So if royalties are in fact a thing then it becomes very illogical on Z8s part to do a ZP area specific price lowering. At least for a full time thing. Maybe a significant (but not as significant as suggested) reduction through a special pay means and as a very temporary option would be okay. Say like a month long Egypt promotional through special pre-paid cards with restrictions on them that prevent abuse through being used outside of the region.

As stated before, the best case scenario for seeing permanent prices as suggested would be if a company that operates out of the region were to license a CF:ME version.

Question is how do you stop abuse? I play another game in which something similar happened. A promotional event happened for Japanese players in which those who took part got some in game cosmetics. To crack down on non-Japan residents from abusing this all of the people who took part were forced to start paying for in game items through a Japanese pay portal. The issue here is that NA users like me could not use that pay portal. Immediately the game publisher was forced to remove the in game items and in return, the users got their regional pay portals back.

The issue with Z8 and CF is that this is not possible. If people who bought Egy cheap ZP, became restricted to Egy IPs or something of the sort, Z8's revenue would drop, not to mention the backlash from the playerbase which already has to pay quite a bit for in game items. In addition for those who need their accounts restored, they would need to contact support, flooding the already strained support system.
  • Royalties are a thing. There are many fixed costs that are not being thought of.
    Say they lower the price and the game becomes more popular over there. Player population starts to increase.
    That means tickets increase, load on the servers, and how do you pay for these or hire additional staff? You can't so everyone suffers.
  • Make a new crossfire egypt (only) with cheaper zp weapons.

Solved.
  • Make a new crossfire egypt (only) with cheaper zp weapons.

Solved.

Not as easy as you think .
  • Pooyan wrote: »
    Sorry for bursting your bubble but that's never gonna happen. Cuz next thing you know everyone from all over the world would start crying and demanding lowered ZP prices based on their country's average wages. Only solution for you is to wait for CFEGY to be made. Since it's CFNA/UK, you can't negotiate with them to have prices for a particular country lowered, regardless of how many players are from said country.

I understand your point.. Guess that's why i'll never get +1s for my idea :rolleyes:
    respect!
    If someone had to take the time to set up a system to be unabusable by you guys with our wages it would take years to pay off if ever with your suggested pricing. What you may not understand is the virtual stuff you are buying has real world value in the business sense. If they pay 18 usd (just an example i have no idea) in royalties for each zp crate gun won how would they pay their staff?

The suggested pricing is merely a suggestion. You guys can tweak it as much as it fits/suits your requirements. I just never asked for a special server :eek: And I am not sure about royalties? Can we just stick the "no value for zp irl, business-wise and everywhere"? I fear for you taxes :eek:
    Lamo people in Egypt earn 70$ a month?In my country the minimum wage is 8-9$ for 1 hour of work(the minimum salary here is 1800-2000$ a month)

I wish I could somehow help you bro but Egy's are kinda brought it on themselves.You can't really hack/scam/lag/insult/farm(and bring your 50 blood brothers to do just the same),and then except/ask/beg for cheaper game points.If your people were at least semi-cultured people then maybe you had some "+1 votes" on your suggestion

Hmm.. this is mostly off topic.. Never asked for pity. And trust me when I say, I don't envy you, or anyone else.. But if your comparison of wages proves anything, it just proves my point..
    While the negative points about hacking and insulting..etc might be true, the same applies to every other country, but once again, if it is so obvious, it only means we are too many! Everything we do will be exaggerated because of how many of us play this game :p I depend and BET on how many we are in this game..
    I have to say I actually laughed out loud at the "bringing your 50 blood brothers with you". I haven't seen any since I started this post! They all against it for some unknown reasons that I might never know!!
    If you wanna help, you would have given me a plus one though
    one more thing.. when did I ever beg??? It's actually a profitable business offer from my very humble point of view..(Which doesn't have to be right..)
    Golden173 wrote: »
    Wow! I got one? Thanks man :D
    Doesn't seem to be changing the hearts but it means a lot to me <3
    You gotta be kidding me right?

2009-2017: 99.99999% of the players are spamming the forums begging the Gm's to ban Egypt ip (I'm quoting: "Egypt is the cancer of Crossfire" ,"all what those useless are doing is lagging & teleporting across the map and spamming curses in arabic towards legit players")
    Watch the first page of this thread-Danah is calling them a 3rd world country/ immature
    and now when I improperly calling them "cultureless people" then you calling me "rude" and "racist"?
    eh...the mentality >_<
    and I was talking about the toxic majority of them(egy's) and not about OP...He actually looks like a nice person I even called him "bro" and "I wish I could help"

By the way-stay on topic this thread isn't about me pff
    Off-topic again.. Dude, once again, I don't have to say that "we are not culture-less" to deny what you say. I am pretty sure everyone knows what "Egypt" was/is.. It is undeniable and it is amazing. If a few (relative to our numbers) ruin the image, that's on them not the country :eek: and I am very proud to be Egyptian with such awesome ancestry. Future paths can always be changed and fixed but over 7000 year civilization history, CANNOT..

Anyway, the post is not about Egyptian's or anyone else's attitude :/ not about cultures, first/2nd/3rd world countries.
    Focus people.. Don't reject the suggestion based on any of the above! We need to Be OBJECTIVE on the topic to be more fruitful!!
    Ixith wrote: »

Trust me.. almost sure royalties don't exist, unless they wanna get themselves in a taxing disaster, this should be denied somehow..
    And I don't want CF:ME, unless I'' get my friends from.. everywhere around the world to migrate with me :eek: which ain't happening.. I have many from everywhere on the map :<
    Thank you :3
    nopanol wrote: »
    It was funny to read.

In my job when a company have an expensive behavior with our services, we just inflate theyr prices to don't lost money and to can invest in a more accurate regulation.
    We don't lower theyr prices. Destruction have a price.
    Do you also sell virtual no-value stuff? I mean you must be talking about a service/good. Right?
    Royalties are a thing. There are many fixed costs that are not being thought of.
    Say they lower the price and the game becomes more popular over there. Player population starts to increase.
    That means tickets increase, load on the servers, and how do you pay for these or hire additional staff? You can't so everyone suffers.
    If it is true, then I have no hope, but once again, is it? Taxing-wise, I am having hard times to believe it.. Why would you do that to urselves when no game online has it?? Every online game is going for "our game points is fake, has no value in real life, royalty free" when you say else? o.O

Anyway, if true though, then all is lost :(
    Once again Andrew, thanks for the serious concern..

A general note:
    Thank you all of your replies whether for or against my idea. And I urge everyone to stay on topic to have a mature and a fruitful argument. I understand it is a hot topic, many wanted to go off-topic about "Egyptians" but at least do as [GM]Kanadian requested..