In game mod system by trusted players.

2»

Comments

• [GM]Grumpy wrote: »
    We can, and we will. Details will be shared once we have something ready.

Oh very nice, cant wait for more details :D
  • Oh no.. Please do not hire volunteers for this! Grumpy, you know how much favoritism there will be if this idea is applied. Unless you have people monitoring them and people monitoring those who monitor the volunteers then please think about it again!
  • SPOPON wrote: »
    Oh no.. Please do not hire volunteers for this! Grumpy, you know how much favoritism there will be if this idea is applied. Unless you have people monitoring them and people monitoring those who monitor the volunteers then please think about it again!

Did you even read the idea? Noone's getting hired its just players giving their opinion over replays, support is still reviewing the replays as usual and only support decides to ban or not lmao.

There wont be any favoritism because theres no way. If you say a hacker isnt hacking because you know that guy and u tell ur verdict that he wasnt hacking and you keep doing that with other replays, then u will get negative rep or smth, or you will have a percentage of accurateness and if that percentage goes under 80% or smth like that youre out of the team.
    Oh no.. Please do not hire volunteers for this! Grumpy, you know how much favoritism there will be if this idea is applied. Unless you have people monitoring them and people monitoring those who monitor the volunteers then please think about it again!

As svanced mentioned, if the idea is applied there will be several controls in place as well as zero tolerance for abuse. We'll see.
  • svanced wrote: »
    Did you even read the idea? Noone's getting hired its just players giving their opinion over replays, support is still reviewing the replays as usual and only support decides to ban or not lmao.

There wont be any favoritism because theres no way. If you say a hacker isnt hacking because you know that guy and u tell ur verdict that he wasnt hacking and you keep doing that with other replays, then u will get negative rep or smth, or you will have a percentage of accurateness and if that percentage goes under 80% or smth like that youre out of the team.

I did say volunteers too but still. Now it seems like it will be extra work on support. Support will not just have to review the hack reports, but also monitor those who give their opinion about it and then rate them! gg
    [GM]Grumpy wrote: »
    As svanced mentioned, if the idea is applied there will be several controls in place as well as zero tolerance for abuse. We'll see.

Grumpy.. as long as it doesn't cause extra burdens on you guys. I'll trust you with the controls against abuse part then..
    I did say volunteers too but still. Now it seems like it will be extra work on support.

I know, but volunteers and hire (as words) dont work toghether. And not really.
    SPOPON wrote: »
    Support will not just have to review the hack reports, but also monitor those who give their opinion about it and then rate them! gg

Thats not really a problem. Idk how many reports support gets a day, I'll say a random number: 1000. And a random number for how many people will be picked at first: 10. Those 10 people wont receive 1000 replays (and this is just counting one day in theory) They could get at the very most 10 replays in the first testing stage (I said 10 because I dont expect for example csgo for people to review more than 10 overwatch reports on average, then again their number of overwatcher is way bigger due to how the system is designed there) and have only that low number monitored. As time goes by the number of replays can increase, especially for those with high accurate percentage. Then again my 1000 number can be too large considering the number of active playing players and how many of them actually hack or glitch. But even after a month of continuos reviewing where players/the community and support work toghether, the number of hackers can visibly decrease. especially if players are given replays from ranked, maybe ranked will be actually enjoyable because of this.
    I know, but volunteers and hire (as words) dont work toghether. And not really.

Thats not really a problem. Idk how many reports support gets a day, I'll say a random number: 1000. And a random number for how many people will be picked at first: 10. Those 10 people wont receive 1000 replays (and this is just counting one day in theory) They could get at the very most 10 replays in the first testing stage (I said 10 because I dont expect for example csgo for people to review more than 10 overwatch reports on average, then again their number of overwatcher is way bigger due to how the system is designed there) and have only that low number monitored. As time goes by the number of replays can increase, especially for those with high accurate percentage. Then again my 1000 number can be too large considering the number of active playing players and how many of them actually hack or glitch. But even after a month of continuos reviewing where players/the community and support work toghether, the number of hackers can visibly decrease. especially if players are given replays from ranked, maybe ranked will be actually enjoyable because of this.

I think it would be easier to build a replay scanner to detect unusual movements and stuff.. that would be the quickest and easiest way to filter out all those replays.

You could easily hire someone on freelancer or start a bounty for the person who creates the best one to win the project.
  • BIG816 wrote: »
    I think it would be easier to build a replay scanner to detect unusual movements and stuff.. that would be the quickest and easiest way to filter out all those replays.

You could easily hire someone on freelancer or start a bounty for the person who creates the best one to win the project.

Yeah let's ban like 90% of the players because the scanner would detect anyone teleporting around with these server issues. This is Crossfire we're talking about. We cant even have more simpler stuff fully built ingame,let alone a "replay scanner"(first time i hear of this,therefore the " "). For example the new loading screen where it shows the players you play with, its taken from the phone version of Crossfire,except there it actually updates in real-time if someone joins your game and it shows you the new players who joined where as on PC it doesnt (different game engines) so I highly doubt it could handle what you suggested above and if it wasnt for the server issues, it wouldve fit more.
    Yeah let's ban like 90% of the players because the scanner would detect anyone teleporting around with these server issues. This is Crossfire we're talking about. We cant even have more simpler stuff fully built ingame,let alone a "replay scanner"(first time i hear of this,therefore the " "). For example the new loading screen where it shows the players you play with, its taken from the phone version of Crossfire,except there it actually updates in real-time if someone joins your game and it shows you the new players who joined where as on PC it doesnt (different game engines) so I highly doubt it could handle what you suggested above and if it wasnt for the server issues, it wouldve fit more.

lol kid... why dont you use some common sense before you type? theyre talking about reported replays...
  • Wouldn't trust anyone with these powers if it came to playing any competitive players in a pub game
    lol kid... why dont you use some common sense before you type? theyre talking about reported replays...

Take a look again at what you suggested "replay scanner", "to detect unusual movement". Teleporting around due to server lagging isnt "unusual movement" to you? (talk about common sense smh)
  • http://imgur.com/a/xbYbE

that guy made one for starcraft back in the day and it worked 100% for a web application... im sure crossfire could build one easily.

unusual movement.. aimbot.. can you get the picture and maybe use your brain? obviously it means any code thats not normal.. hexing or whatever
    unusual movement.. aimbot.. can you get the picture and maybe use your brain?

You wont reach far with that attitude of yours. You didnt event explained your idea in the first place when you first posted "unusual movement" and what you were thinking off. I guess teleporting around on maps is usual movement to you. Also Starcraft aint Crossfire just as CSGO aint Crossfire and so on. I posted above a feature which exists in both platforms Crossfire exists on but on pc it lacks features and you go on and compare Crossfire to another game oh boi
    http://imgur.com/a/xbYbE

that guy made one for starcraft back in the day and it worked 100% for a web application... im sure crossfire could build one easily.

unusual movement.. aimbot.. can you get the picture and maybe use your brain? obviously it means any code thats not normal.. hexing or whatever

The problem is, teleporting due to lag would be picked up, flying in place due to lag would get picked up, aimbot needs human input. The computer wouldn't be able to tell the difference between multiple flick-shots and rapidly aiming at peoples heads like an aimbot does, because if it did, and I got a couple of decent flicks in a row, it would look like hacking.

One thing it COULD scan for is how fast their melee weapon is slashing, that'd be fine.
This discussion has been closed.