Hackers list (Guilty list)

2»

Comments

• What about mouse gaming scripts ?

Mouse gaming scripts (Which are also known as macros) are not allowed. You can have the keys rebound (So for example the "2" key on a mouse can be changed to F6) but you cannot make them do more than 1 key press.
    Anything more than 1:1 is as a macro and can get you banned.
  • But destroying the gameplay, using racist title in room (not in english of course), cheating every competitive mode and to pass your time to insult others in the chat when you don't make the apology of a religious war ... is OK.

No, don't make a macro to don't die in repairing your gun in ZM. It's bad. Or newb. Or the both. Or offensive for zombies.
    Macros will kill the experience of cheaters in ranked mode. It's unfair.

lmao
  • I'm still not sure a ban list of names is going to stop hackers. It might encourage more players to report players but what if a reported player doesn't get banned or make it to the list? People are going to ask questions and say "Player X" hacked but is not on the ban list. Z8Games might not have enough evidence to ban a player while certain players may think the replay shows enough evidence. This might cause more arguments than solve anything.

Players who hack don't care about their accounts so why would they care about a ban list? If anything, players will create more accounts that can be used to hack on just to get on the ban list or have their name on there as a achievement. e.g. "Look guys, I got on the ban list before you".

I wouldn't seeing a summary report of how many hackers got banned per month. That might do some good!
  • abel95 wrote: »
    I'm still not sure a ban list of names is going to stop hackers. It might encourage more players to report players but what if a reported player doesn't get banned or make it to the list? People are going to ask questions and say "Player X" hacked but is not on the ban list. Z8Games might not have enough evidence to ban a player while certain players may think the replay shows enough evidence. This might cause more arguments than solve anything.

Players who hack don't care about their accounts so why would they care about a ban list? If anything, players will create more accounts that can be used to hack on just to get on the ban list or have their name on there as a achievement. e.g. "Look guys, I got on the ban list before you".

I wouldn't seeing a summary report of how many hackers got banned per month. That might do some good!

You're missing the whole point.

This was also argued that a minimum rank requirement would be on the list and a good level would be the rank after you finish Captain imo. (The leaf)

If there was a situation where the player was not banned even after waiting for a long time then that suspect could be a legit player. But let's be honest here, no one is gonna bother if some fishy guy who could be legit was not banned. The main purpose is to see that our reports are being watched and not just being submitted into a lost desert :P

It's also nice to see that someone who was hacking and getting headshots left and right have his IGN in a specific place ;)
  • Pyrex00 wrote: »
    You're missing the whole point.

This was also argued that a minimum rank requirement would be on the list and a good level would be the rank after you finish Captain imo. (The leaf)

If there was a situation where the player was not banned even after waiting for a long time then that suspect could be a legit player. But let's be honest here, no one is gonna bother if some fishy guy who could be legit was not banned. The main purpose is to see that our reports are being watched and not just being submitted into a lost desert :P

I don't think rank is going to help in this situation when farmers can rank up to Marshal within one month or so. If a account has X amount of VIPs, they can easily rank up. And what is stopping a player from creating another account with X amount of VIPs?
    I don't think rank is going to help in this situation when farmers can rank up to Marshal within one month or so. If a account has X amount of VIPs, they can easily rank up. And what is stopping a player from creating another account with X amount of VIPs?

Well then, their loss? Lol. If someone is spending 100s on VIPs to rank up and purposely get banned then idk what to say. That's probably rare though.

Oh and a MAC address ban ;)
  • To add to what Pyrex said: "The main purpose is to see that our reports are being watched" , and dealt with because reporting obvious mistakes which are clearly stated to be punished by "perm ban" and see the said player (bookmark his web profile before reporting) only gets a 7 day ban, isnt really helping anyone here except the reported guy.
  • svanced wrote: »
    To add to what Pyrex said: "The main purpose is to see that our reports are being watched" , and dealt with because reporting obvious mistakes which are clearly stated to be punished by "perm ban" and see the said player (bookmark his web profile before reporting) only gets a 7 day ban, isnt really helping anyone here except the reported guy.

Well Kanadian said that they all are given perm bans so he could've just hopped off his alt account or just stopped playing and came back to give everyone terror. A ban list is much needed. Not one person is satisfied with the hacking report system. There needs to be a change or some sort of improvement.
  • +1, when they actually ban hackers. I reported a player that was flying in rooftops last monday and he is still playing.
  • Issues I noticed with Report System, which can be solved with Hacking Ban List and it should be updated Weekly!

Report Cases Issue!Banned IGNs with Open Cases!

• IGN1
      has been Reported 1 year ago, Case still remain open, No feed back, no case closed. The Player has been banned Last seen 1 year ago!
    • IGN2
      Banned! Case still remains open! year ago banned!
    • IGN3
      Banned last year, case still open,no feed back and no closure!
    • IGN4
      Banned, Last seen year ago, case remains open, no feedback!
    • IGN5
      Banned, Last seen 8 months ago, case remains open, no feedback!
    • IGN6
      Banned, Last seen 1 year ago, Case remains Open, no feedback!
    • IGN7
      Banned, Last seen 1 year ago, Case remains Open, no feedback!
    • IGN8
      Banned, Last seen 10 months ago, Case remains Open, no feedback!
    • IGN9
      Banned, Last seen 2 months ago, Case remains Open, no feedback!

I had to look through all my reports, roughly 3 pages as I deleted old pages in the past. Looking through my pages out of 3 pages, I found 1 page with 4 IGNs that had been closed and feedback given. The rest of the pages where roughly 1 year to 1 month ago cases, those cases remain Open! No Feedback and closure. So I search for each individual IGN from the cases that remained open and 9 of those cases, I found those 9 IGN banned roughly 1 year to 2 months ago etc. However the cases remain open and no feedback.

The lack of Feedback or even Closing the cases have stopped us players from Reporting any more and as you can see 9 IGN has been banned and their case remain open. I had to personally check eah individual IGN using Profile section, time consuming as the cases remained open even though they have been banned months and months ago.

Now you see how important Report System needs to change, Feedback and closing the cases. Also how important the Ban List is, for cases that remained open, all we have to do keep an eye on those new incoming list and simple search Bar on that Ban list, would make it easy for us to see if the player we or other player reported have been banned!.

You could say that the current method using Profile does the job, but that is not the case. You might have a player not seen online for 2 months and no ribbon, that does not immediately mean he is permenanntly banned, he could of lost his ribbon in the past or different way, he could just simply be inactive. So Ban list would be accurate and simple to search as only those Permenantly! Banned would be on that list and personally who cares if they make an alt to be on that list. That shows me GM and the System is doing a good job catching them regardless of alts or low or high accounts. The GM job would then need to put the dots to together from that IP address for any mains or alts.

If I was allowed to put those 9 IGNS names here the Rank Mode legitimate players would recognise them immediately :) just saying :D:D:D
  • An decent idea which I heard across these forums is giving in-game report system access to the players who have Good Samaritan ribbon. This at least makes it easier for the loyal and trusted members of the community (not saying that people who don't own the ribbon are not trust worthy) a chance to report hackers easier rather than having to go to the website and doing it.

I still support the idea of having a monthly summary report of how many hackers got banned and by which way.
    An decent idea which I heard across these forums is giving in-game report system access to the players who have Good Samaritan ribbon. This at least makes it easier for the loyal and trusted members of the community (not saying that people who don't own the ribbon are not trust worthy) a chance to report hackers easier rather than having to go to the website and doing it.

I still support the idea of having a monthly summary report of how many hackers got banned and by which way.

I don't agree with having it locked to people with the Good Samaritan ribbon. Why should other players be locked out of an easier was to report people just because they don't post on the forums?
    What we need is either that, or an overwatch system where people watch a replay and they can either pick 100% sure, or not 100% sure. Obviously it should be restricted to a certain rank and certain amount of games played and KDR in that game mode, just to make sure you don't get non-ghost mode players think sound is hacking etc.
  • I don't agree with having it locked to people with the Good Samaritan ribbon. Why should other players be locked out of an easier was to report people just because they don't post on the forums?
    What we need is either that, or an overwatch system where people watch a replay and they can either pick 100% sure, or not 100% sure. Obviously it should be restricted to a certain rank and certain amount of games played and KDR in that game mode, just to make sure you don't get non-ghost mode players think sound is hacking etc.

Why you may ask? If a in-game report system was available to everyone in the game then it will get abused. Everyone would just report each other knowing that the other player is legit but do for the sake of getting that specific player reported. It would mean hell to the Support department for Z8Games. This is why I suggested to restricted to a certain group of members. Doesn't have to be Good Samaritan ribbon owners. It could just be MODs who have access to this in-game report system.

As for the overwatch system, it's a decent idea but then again, I don't want players who decide another players fate. Such concerns should only be dealt by Support department from Z8Games. And restricting it to rank, games or KDR isn't going to help either due to quite a few players farming these days.