Dropping VIP Weapons should turn them into stock GP guns

As every VIP player knows, most F2P sees someone with a nice VIP gun they will:

1. Follow and block the VIP for their weapon.
2. Threatening to kick for not giving them your VIP gun

Even if you drop them for 1 round, they'll beg for it again the next time they respawn or the next round.

I believe masking the skin from other players would decrease the annoyance, however in the other thread, the VIP icon gives it away and screams loudly to everyone
"FOLLOW ME!!! I HAVE NICE VIP GUNS" and everyone would follow you even if you have a m16.

I believe that:

1. Anyone who picks up another person's VIP would get the GP stock version of the gun.
Ex: Picking up someone else Ak47 VIP would give them only the regular AK 47 gun

2. This should be an setting in the inventory that should toggle this setting so we can choose if the VIP weapon should turn to a stock GP gun if someone else picks it up.

3. If 2 VIPs have the same VIPs but in different bags, the weapon would not turn to GP stock guns.
VIP A has M4 OB and AK Fury: Is currently using M4 OB
VIP B has the same load out as VIP A: Is currently using AK Fury
They both trade each other, they get the gun as it is instead of the GP stock gun.

I would love to see this implemented into the game to curb the greedy part of this game's community.
They can have our VIPs, but they'll never truly have it.

EDIT:
I thought of a few more ideas to my suggestion.
Instead of turning the gun into a GP stock gun...

1. Make it so players who doesn't own the VIP can't pick it up.
Ex:
Players A,B,C
Player A and B are both VIPs and both have M4 OB.
If A drops their M4 OB for Player B's m14 ebr
Player B can pick up A's M4 OB while Player C can only pickup the m14 ebr

This might not be a good idea, since there are some players who are dumb enough to never learn they can't pick up a VIP and will still continue to follow a VIP player to harass them.

2. Make it to all players who doesn't own the VIP themselves to not see and pick up the VIP gun.
Ex: Dropping a M4 OB in front of another player who doesn't own the same type of VIP gun to not show up and even if they walk on top of it, they won't be able to pick it up.
However you or someone who owns the same type of VIP can pick it up.

EDIT 2:
I did not mean to say ALL F2P players will beg and harass.
Changed it to most F2P.
There are some good F2P players who will stick to their own guns instead of harassing other players.

Also the setting to change the option whether the gun becomes a stock weapon can be changed ingame in the crosshair settings tab.
So you don't have to leave the game to make changes.

Comments

• i like the first suggestion better, the on/off switch for which weapon to be dropped.
    +1 for that.
  • Wouldn't it be easier to make it bannable when people block you, nade you, flash you, etc. on purpose just because you own a VIP?
    you bought the vip for a reason
    you get what you pay for, an overpowered gun.

if i wanted to trade with a friend, who had the option turned on, we cannot trade.

As every VIP player knows, once a F2P sees someone with a nice VIP gun they will:

This is not true.
  • iDupree_ wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be easier to make it bannable when people block you, nade you, flash you, etc. on purpose just because you own a VIP?

I feel a ban might be too harsh.
    It actually might drop the community population by a lot. The NA and UK servers are pretty low compared to back then.

@GarrisonRG
    My mistake, I should've said that MOST F2P.
    I did not meant to call out ALL F2P.
    I do meet a couple of F2P players in a while who doesn't beg, but a good majority does.

As for the trading part I believe it should be in the setting where the crosshair settings are.
    So it can be changed during ingame allowing you to still trade with your friend.
    Trading VIPs to friends is pretty difficult, I had around 5-8 players chase me around the rooftop map for my VIP.
    The moment they see an fancy gun on the floor, they're going to grab it right away.
  • Personally I feel like this wouldn't help at all. How many of these players do you see that follow you around and harass you for your gun that seem overly intelligent? I'd put money on some of them picking up your gun and not even noticing that it wasn't a VIP or if they do they'll get mad and rage at you even more. End of the day just ignore them. Works for me.
  • iAnarchy wrote: »
    Personally I feel like this wouldn't help at all. How many of these players do you see that follow you around and harass you for your gun that seem overly intelligent? I'd put money on some of them picking up your gun and not even noticing that it wasn't a VIP or if they do they'll get mad and rage at you even more. End of the day just ignore them. Works for me.

Ignoring might work well for you.

For someone who plays a lot of HMX, that might like to be alone before the countdown ends so you don't start with the Xeno/Havoc right in front of you.
    I remember a bunch of times these group of greedy players comes following me and then one of them turn into a mutant/Xeno/Havoc and turning the rest of the group and me into mutants.

Ignoring doesn't work well with me.
    I met a lot of persistent greedy players who keep harassing me every round.

My suggestion is something that I think might help deal with their greedy behavior overtime.
    I seen these greedy players jump down from a safe spot to where all the mutants are swarming around just to pick up my AK Fury when I accidentally picked up a supply crate.
    On other threads there are stories where they would follow and stare at your gun and not notice the enemy is shooting at them.
  • Yea ignoring them doesn't really work too well in Mutation type modes and gun hunters/laggers flock to those modes because it's one they can still 'play' and not be completely useless all the time. Playing Mutation type is cancerous as it is between 180+ pingers teleporting to you and/or hitting you from 10m away with a regular mutant without a mutation spike. But if there's ever a mode that has an increased chance of being kicked...it's there.

As for the OP. Something certainly needs to be done in order to address this lame issue and it doesn't look like the player base will just suddenly wise up and just play the game. (I mean in HMX you get kicked from playing the game if you make it to being a Commando or whatever and start killing the mutants or if you knife kill one of them earlier on) However, I think the best option outlined would be either to make it a GP gun for non-VIP players but allow other VIP players to still get it as a VIP when you drop depending on if you have the option switched on/off. Though like said...it won't change anything they'll still flock to you and chase you and ask you for your gun cause when they see you holding it and shooting it...it's a VIP and they can also see the giant V next to your name. lol
  • Good Idea but if you want to make your friend try the VIP you will not be able to drop it any more
  • Good Idea but if you want to make your friend try the VIP you will not be able to drop it any more
    Yes you can, OP said; "2. This should be an setting in the inventory that should toggle this setting so we can choose if the VIP weapon should turn to a stock GP gun if someone else picks it up.."
    As every VIP player knows, most F2P sees someone with a nice VIP gun they will:1. Follow and block the VIP for their weapon.2. Threatening to kick for not giving them your VIP gunEven if you drop them for 1 round, they'll beg for it again the next time they respawn or the next round.I believe masking the skin from other players would decrease the annoyance, however in the other thread, the VIP icon gives it away and screams loudly to everyone"FOLLOW ME!!! I HAVE NICE VIP GUNS" and everyone would follow you even if you have a m16.I believe that:1. Anyone who picks up another person's VIP would get the GP stock version of the gun.Ex: Picking up someone else Ak47 VIP would give them only the regular AK 47 gun2. This should be an setting in the inventory that should toggle this setting so we can choose if the VIP weapon should turn to a stock GP gun if someone else picks it up.3. If 2 VIPs have the same VIPs but in different bags, the weapon would not turn to GP stock guns.VIP A has M4 OB and AK Fury: Is currently using M4 OBVIP B has the same load out as VIP A: Is currently using AK FuryThey both trade each other, they get the gun as it is instead of the GP stock gun.I would love to see this implemented into the game to curb the greedy part of this game's community.They can have our VIPs, but they'll never truly have it.
    Anyway, GREAT IDEA, to reduce the greedy nuisance of a problem we VIP players have in-game, I like these first ideas, doubt SG would ever be bothered to make it happen tho.
  • The servers are dead because of this problem. +1 for your Idea. you don't give up your vip they kick you for it.
  • Tuga1991 wrote: »
    Yes you can, OP said; "2. This should be an setting in the inventory that should toggle this setting so we can choose if the VIP weapon should turn to a stock GP gun if someone else picks it up.."Anyway, GREAT IDEA, to reduce the greedy nuisance of a problem we VIP players have in-game, I like these first ideas, doubt SG would ever be bothered to make it happen tho.
    now i like the idea :D
  • As every VIP player knows, most F2P sees someone with a nice VIP gun they will:

Even if you drop them for 1 round, they'll beg for it again the next time they respawn or the next round.

I believe masking the skin from other players would decrease the annoyance, however in the other thread, the VIP icon gives it away and screams loudly to everyone
    "FOLLOW ME!!! I HAVE NICE VIP GUNS" and everyone would follow you even if you have a m16.

I believe that:

1. Anyone who picks up another person's VIP would get the GP stock version of the gun.
    Ex: Picking up someone else Ak47 VIP would give them only the regular AK 47 gun

2. This should be an setting in the inventory that should toggle this setting so we can choose if the VIP weapon should turn to a stock GP gun if someone else picks it up.

3. If 2 VIPs have the same VIPs but in different bags, the weapon would not turn to GP stock guns.
    VIP A has M4 OB and AK Fury: Is currently using M4 OB
    VIP B has the same load out as VIP A: Is currently using AK Fury
    They both trade each other, they get the gun as it is instead of the GP stock gun.

I would love to see this implemented into the game to curb the greedy part of this game's community.
    They can have our VIPs, but they'll never truly have it.

EDIT:
    I thought of a few more ideas to my suggestion.
    Instead of turning the gun into a GP stock gun...

1. Make it so players who doesn't own the VIP can't pick it up.
    Ex:
    Players A,B,C
    Player A and B are both VIPs and both have M4 OB.
    If A drops their M4 OB for Player B's m14 ebr
    Player B can pick up A's M4 OB while Player C can only pickup the m14 ebr

This might not be a good idea, since there are some players who are dumb enough to never learn they can't pick up a VIP and will still continue to follow a VIP player to harass them.

2. Make it to all players who doesn't own the VIP themselves to not see and pick up the VIP gun.
    Ex: Dropping a M4 OB in front of another player who doesn't own the same type of VIP gun to not show up and even if they walk on top of it, they won't be able to pick it up.
    However you or someone who owns the same type of VIP can pick it up.

EDIT 2:
    I did not mean to say ALL F2P players will beg and harass.
    Changed it to most F2P.
    There are some good F2P players who will stick to their own guns instead of harassing other players.

Also the setting to change the option whether the gun becomes a stock weapon can be changed ingame in the crosshair settings tab.
    So you don't have to leave the game to make changes.

100% agreed