Foreign players taking over.

2»

Comments

• advertise your game, and perhaps it will be bring in more NA players. There are some friends that I've asked about if whether they play crossfire, its either " I quit that game long time ago" or "WTF is crossfire."
  • Ouros_dono wrote: »
    The vast, and I mean VAST majority of players don't base their opinion of MENA players on race, religion or region of origin. We base it on what they do in-game, which is typically a lot cheating, and no regging.

Now, before we continue, I do realize not all MENA players are cheaters.

You start out your post saying a major problem with MENA players, for both how their poor ping affects gameplay, and gives an incentive for them to cheat on two levels. Either with their high ping makes them think others are cheating (I think you need to have at least 500 ping to be flying around from personal experience), and that many feel they can't compete with their ping, so they choose to cheat. Kind of sounds like good reasons to keep them out of versions they've not intended for. Isn't that one major reason we have different versions? So players can have a version that is fun to play, and they can be competitive in?

I mean, just because a region is not outside of license for our region does not mean it is intended to be included in this region. As outlined above, a player playing from such a distance has little chance of truly being competitive, and just can't play the game properly. Either Smilegate is using us as a testing version (which would make sense given how things are going at this point, and considering there are two different server locations six time zones apart), or they're just trying to cater to too many markets with one version.

As for "cheating by region" being inborn being stupid, I 100% agree that is stupid. Humans don't have many inborn behaviors compared to most animals, we learn from experience. This is why human childre develop so much slower than other animals. The flip side to this is that while we aren't born with much innate knowledge, we learn from our enviroment, and base our actions and morals off of what we see in the areas we live. For example, Buddhism is the largest religion in the world, but I've never met a Buddhist. This is because I don't live in a region where it is common. By this same logic, if you have a lot of friends playing CF, and you observe some of those friends who are cheating, and having a lot of fun and success doing so, you may choose to cheat yourself. From what I understand, in the MENA region it is more common to use net cafes instead of a home PC for many players. This would have a standard of encouraging a more common behaviour from groups of people through Mbeki mentality. Also, take into consideration the average age of CF players. Teenagers, often young teenagers. Most people at that age aren't very mature, and have a very poor sense of empathy. This is another factor that increases the likelihood of cheating, especially when combined with the above factors.

The real point I would suggest is this. MENA is driving away NA/UK players. At some point, there will be no going back on recovering this versions intended player base. Unless the MENA region is contributing THAT much in ZP purchases, which from personal observation is not the case, then I would say that they don't justify their own version, but are destroying ours. If they really are buying ZP like that, give them their own version and restrict new accounts to our's. Something very similar happened years ago with Brazilians. Not nearly as badly as with MENA, but guess what? CFLA came along, and I don't see anymore BR hackers.

Give this version back to the players it's named for. We shouldn't be treated like second class citizens in our own game.
    your a very wise man ourso..
  • Big_Z_WSM wrote: »
    THIS RIGHT HERE SUMS UP THIS THREAD^^ I want to add 1 more thing, as long as they dont hack and dont kick people for no reasons, then they are good. Cause we all know they will never ban any regions.
    yes i agree that would help but lets be technical for a second Big_z this game is made for the N/A region and there for should only be played by our regions population no one else's.
  • Urkel2005 wrote: »
    Imagine what it must be like for a player from the North Africa or the Middle East playing this version with 200+ ping in, let's say, HM. They try to roam the map, more teleporting than actually moving due to their latency. I come by as a mutant and mutate them. By the time they realize this, I've already gone somewhere else, so they think I hack and try to kick me. I've encountered this very often. Also, because they likely get the impression that there are hackers everywhere, they might have an incentive to use hacks for themselves to get even (after all, it might look to them as if we all have hacks).

THIS: is without a doubt the top reason for the majority of the hacking population we encounter.

(Added)
    notahackeryet: " aff, hak noop"
    Player: "wut? o.O"

nowahacker: "all you hacks, so me hack and no ban. f u "
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    I'm a foreign player who has his own CF version, but play this one anyway.

GMs don't play on private servers other than for testing purposes, it's no more fun for them to stay in locked rooms than it is for anyone else (sorry, farmers).

They can't block a region for fun, we've been through this many a times.

Block a region for fun? If blocking middle east is fun than you must be enjoying getting killed by hackers.

Foreigners are ok, as long as they live in NA or UK and get below 100 ping.
  • NickTran1 wrote: »
    Block a region for fun? If blocking middle east is fun than you must be enjoying getting killed by hackers.

Foreigners are ok, as long as they live in NA or UK and get below 100 ping.
    That doesn't make any sense, but let me clarify.
    They are not allowed to block any region because they feel like it.
    They do not own Crossfire.
    They are under contract.
  • Im_A_Flip wrote: »
    Well this game is Created by Foreign so WTF is your Problem?

What's your point?
    [MOD]dot wrote: »
    I'm a foreign player who has his own CF version, but play this one anyway.

GMs don't play on private servers other than for testing purposes, it's no more fun for them to stay in locked rooms than it is for anyone else (sorry, farmers).

They can't block a region for fun, we've been through this many a times.

Yeah but you can speak English and you have a brain.

I have to disagree with you dottybabe, the game is licensed for 3 regions, therefore intended and catered for those regions.... But I know others can't just be locked out. I'd imagine the licensing terms are responsible for this... If they did... They would lose a heavy amount of business... It's now too late to block them out... The damage is done, it should have been done a long time ago

• I have to disagree with you dottybabe, the game is licensed for 3 regions, therefore intended and catered for those regions.... But I know others can't just be locked out. I'd imagine the licensing terms are responsible for this... If they did... They would lose a heavy amount of business... It's now too late to block them out... The damage is done, it should have been done a long time ago

I totally agree with your statement Tom (thou I'm a foreign player myself). I used to spam and send many support tickets discussing and complaining about developing other servers in regards or making threads about that issue rather, but unfortunately I don't get any response or either some gibberish responses, z8games lacks when it comes to adjustments and proficiency. that's my opinion and it'll never change.
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    That doesn't make any sense, but let me clarify.
    They are not allowed to block any region because they feel like it.
    They do not own Crossfire.
    They are under contract.

ok what is the contract what does it imply, can you post it for all to see :D