Save CF From Future Extinction!!!

What I don't get is "why is CF, so flipping prone to hacks, like no other game!?"
5 yrs & counting, we still haven't seen CF evolve, defensive wise. A sophisticated hack detection programme should pick up automatically abnormal behaviour from in & outside the CF core & take drastic measures.

Z8 staff should seriously take fast action & think of a way to stay 1 step ahead of hackers rather than just spend time making stupid re-skins of cliché weapons. Otherwise game will just end up one day running with only hackers because 90%+ of legit players would have abandoned ship! (Less legit players equates to less game profits, literally)....

Idk much about computers, but I am sure Z8 staff could start taking to consideration that either they start strictly banning IP addresses of hackers rather than just give them temporary account bans &/or just improve X-Trap vastly to detect illegal/unkown code changes & permanently cease Acc/s.

If you care about having fun rather than stress guys, please support & share your knowledge to innovative ideas of condemning this hack saga,
BTW, IK there are other threads about these hack situations, but I still decided to make my own thread because we need to spread Forum with this fundamental subject in-order to get serious attention,
Thank's!

Comments

• True.

Sadly this world is move by money,
    yes is z8 and xtrap
    What about other version of cf
    i hear cf china and cf vn are 0 haks
    and i believe i think z8 should contact Neowiz or something
    CROSSFIRE MIGHT GET EXTINCT BUT ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA
    also have consideration Z8GAMES IS TAKING CARE OF 3 CF VERSION RIGHT NOW.
    Crossfire NA/UK This one
    Crossfire Espanol i guess is still beta but it haves almost the same number of players as this VERSION
    Cf Brasil this version is growing greatly and there is almost no haks there..
  • EMXeon wrote: »
    Sadly this world is move by money,
    yes is z8 and xtrap
    What about other version of cf
    i hear cf china and cf vn are 0 haks
    and i believe i think z8 should contact Neowiz or something
    CROSSFIRE MIGHT GET EXTINCT BUT ONLY IN NORTH AMERICA
    also have consideration Z8GAMES IS TAKING CARE OF 3 CF VERSION RIGHT NOW.
    Crossfire NA/UK This one
    Crossfire Espanol i guess is still beta but it haves almost the same number of players as this VERSION
    Cf Brasil this version is growing greatly and there is almost no haks there..

If what your saying is fact, then this is a perfect reason for Z8 to make our CF NA/UK version hack free, too. I mean if they had the knowledge to improve other Z8 CF versions, why can't they do the same to our version!.....
  • Tuga1991 wrote: »
    If what your saying is fact, then this is a perfect reason for Z8 to make our CF NA/UK version hack free, too. I mean if they had the knowledge to improve other Z8 CF versions, why can't they do the same to our version!.....
    I now i play Crossfire espanol dude runs faster than this version and havent seen haks there
    Also cf brasil wtf?
    I now i play Crossfire espanol dude runs faster than this version and havent seen haks there
    Also cf brasil wtf?

I believe you'r word but then this shocks me because if they had intelligence to improve & revamp other CF versions then why leave this one out!?..
    They shouldn't make this an exception, we have the right to also see this game hack-free, if they wish to continue making profit here in our version of course!

We deserve answers from Mods & Higher CF staff, unless they are cowards & disregard us wishing to see CF NA fall into oblivion..
    Also cf brasil wtf?

Add me cf es ign iphone5
  • All I can say is I am a legit player and after 2 years, i broke down and bought zp and got my vip. then 2 weeks later I was banned by the automatic detect system. They won't consider that their system messed up and I get punished. Meanwhile all these hacks get away with it. Now, I know nothing about other versions of cf. But NA/UK is ran by moron's. Some of the hackers are intertwined with z8. I believe people working within are the biggest hacks. How else would you explain the High ranking hack clans that go to tournaments and such. Then, you have mods like [MOD]dot and gm's like [GM]Odeeb and [GM]Castiel. They really don't give a crap about anyone's issue's. Dot is arrogant and likes to belittle people, while Odeeb and Castiel just close your ticket on you and doesn't resolve the problem. Then you have this forum, where it's clear this is not just a little inconvenience, it's a real issue and they try to pacify us with these little reminders that were reposted from month's ago that say, Z8 hates hackers too, here's what were doing, please be patient. I don't know about you guy's, but I've been patient for 2 years. At what point am I just being stupid for having hope in this game? I encourage everyone to go to other game site and other forums to do some honest reviews of not just crossfire, but Z8 as a whole. Maybe if people would do that, then it might hurt their bank account and we would see real results..
  • Well CF did have some defensive upgrades. game guard -> XTrap.

But you are wasting your time.
  • Also, since I can't name names on this forum, look at the ign of the people who posted before me and see if you recognize any as one of the biggest hack in the game.
  • i dont play it anymore
    ilPhone5 wrote: »
    Add me cf es ign iphone5

I just try it because I was curious I remember they give 100k zp to the people they registered to beta
    I am smileface lol
    Add me in cf NA new ign ?Xeon??
  • In game mods and not allowing non-licensed areas to make new accounts would solve 95% of the hacking problem.

CFNA/UK is open to many regions but doesn't have full support to all the regions its open to, those playing from a unsupported region are at a massive disadvantage compared to those that are fully supported. So many of these unsupported players resort to hacking to stand a chance againstt hose that have full support. This leads to a massive demand for hacks, and if there is enough demand someone will supply it.

Valve has a very good game model that helps keep hackers away. They have player hosted servers nearly everywhere with the players controlling who can and can't play their servers. Many of these servers have in game admins that ban cheaters and rule breakers on site and are usually active in the server or can be summoned quickly.

Because of Valves model, hackers are rare in their games. Having servers open nearly everywhere means nearly all players can have good connections and active admins are a big disincentive to even bothering to hack if your going to get caught and blocked from nearly every server in 3 minutes.

Z8 should move some of their hack report staff to in game admins that ban on sight and either block non-NA/UK regions from making accounts or get the license for those areas and put up servers. Hacker problem solved in a month.
  • VATAV wrote: »

Z8 should move some of their hack report staff to in game admins that ban on sight and either block non-NA/UK regions from making accounts or get the license for those areas and put up servers. Hacker problem solved in a month.

Ive already said this or similar year or 2 ago
    simple console for player admin's to press any key "EXAMPLE" Insert
    bring's up a console and see's everyone in that particular room <IGN,IP,Blah blah> ban for time! ? in this case perm BAN
    but this is a free 2 play game "ZP" is for the weak lol
    End of story . then plan to the future , untill then , Greedy lazy staff on board :)
    Only reply to me if you think this is the next step "meaning gm dont get paid?" ill become player admin for a console with admin right's to ban \/\/anker's :):) Free of charge i might add
  • This game is already extinct for me. Of the people I used to know (which is a lot of people lol) maybe only 5% is left. And they come online maybe once a week. Most of them quit because of the hackers too.

Stopping the hacks will solve a big issue of this game, but I doubt it will bring back the people that already left. And tbh, I doubt new players even like this game with the hackers around.
  • 1 more example of a problem is, I reported a guy that was not only a hacker, but was advertising the website and when I said something to him, he threatened to hack and delete my account. I sent the the files with it and here it is almost a week later and it's still a open ticket. I doubt if they even looked at it. The guy is still playing and still has honorable soldier ribbon. So is it laziness or stupidity?
  • Saddens me to know that by each legit individuals experience most say CF/NA staff & volunteers don't contribute/help enough to counter attack cheats & instead often disregard most our tickets/complaints of this matter.

My rational view: It's understandably hard to come up with a system or regime that eliminates/reduces & protects hacks from scratch, but it's 'NOT' hard if Z8 could learn from other games protection systems & replicate.

Ironically its said that other Z8 CF versions are much more well protected, so what confuses me is why don't they also invest to improve our version & do the same!?... I mean Z8 should have enough money from so much ZP crate weapon releases & VIP weapons, so there shouldn't be any excuses & exceptions.

If we don't see any drastic promises/changes any-time soon, then I guess Z8 staff are just really not giving a damn because they have bigger plans.
  • well, we see what Obama is doing for America, maybe z8 is part of his administration.. LOL
  • I doubt if their even looking at this post or any of the complaints.. Let's test that! Here is a link that has every hack and hack clan that I've came across.. If they're working a mod will remove it... childs1play.w.ix.c.om/myaccomplishment remove the period in w.ix and C.om
    Saddens me to know that by each legit individuals experience most say CF/NA staff & volunteers don't contribute/help enough to counter attack cheats & instead often disregard most our tickets/complaints of this matter.

My rational view: It's understandably hard to come up with a system or regime that eliminates/reduces & protects hacks from scratch, but it's 'NOT' hard if Z8 could learn from other games protection systems & replicate.

Ironically its said that other Z8 CF versions are much more well protected, so what confuses me is why don't they also invest to improve our version & do the same!?... I mean Z8 should have enough money from so much ZP crate weapon releases & VIP weapons, so there shouldn't be any excuses & exceptions.

If we don't see any drastic promises/changes any-time soon, then I guess Z8 staff are just really not giving a damn because they have bigger plans.

It's true that the GM's barely contribute to this game. Of all the GM's I have ever seen on, I saw Saidin on once last year and I saw Odeeb before the m4 Phoenix patch went live. I also saw 9 a couple times. The thing is, if Z8 just had 5 GM's to go on to CF every day and just join random lobbies to hunt for hackers or cheaters I bet atleast 30-40% of hackers would be gone...yes just 5 GM's.

I like the idea of the GM's having an in-game console to ban on the spot. Look at games like Runescape. The Moderators in that game can open up a console which can spawn any item in the entire game. They can walk through any walls without errors and can unlock anything they went and they have an active mod console that opens with a hot key and the can ban or kick anyone off the server in an instant. Bots in Runescape have now almost entirely been eliminated because they have complex bot detecting algorithms that decipher Robotic-> human actions. Why can't Z8 do this except have a anti-hack team? The real question is...why haven't they done this yet? It really would not take much effort at all and there is no way they don't have the resources to make an admin console or to hire a team of GM's to search lobbies for a few hours each week.

There has got to be some reason why such minor efforts have been made to rectify such a serious problem...or are the GM's really so ignorant that they don't know the situation of their own server?...

I really think the GM's are just money hungry...I mean look at all the rip off crates they are releasing, *cough* M4-Phoenix* *cough*flare crates* like give us a break. Another example is the coupon system. get 80 coupons for the SL8 sniper rifle...it's a 2 shot kill sniper when there is the AWM which you can get for FREE for like 50k gp.

Also V.I.P guns costing 120$ is a brilliant marketing scheme. I join a lobby and 7-8 people ahve a vip weapon which is at least 1000$ right there...and not to mention all the farming noobs who buy 4 V.I.P weapons (something like 500 dollars).

I hope a GM or MOD reads this thread and my post and can give me a serious explanation of why they are doing what they are doing. If you are someone like me who occasionally pays money to get ZP, you would care about the state of the game because you support it.

Can I get a non-sarcastic post in here?

inb4 TL;DR.
    inb4 "it's your choice to buy ZP".
    inb4 "we hate hackers too, just be patient"
    inb4 Mod Dot sarcasm.
    inb4 ban from speaking for the legit players of CF and caring about the game.

Thank you have a good morning/ day.

I write paragraphs in different colours because it helps differentiate the points I am stating.
    Saddens me to know that by each legit individuals experience most say CF/NA staff & volunteers don't contribute/help enough to counter attack cheats & instead often disregard most our tickets/complaints of this matter.

Comes down to two reasons:

1. Z8 not willing to do what other successful companies have done to stop cheating, mainly in game admins with ban power.

2. This CF versions is the one non-licensed areas are pointed at to join up, leading to lots of lagging players that turn to hacks because they lag.
  • @ FacinDestiny

+1 'BRAVO!'
    Well explained and stated. We need answers from these Z8 staff.

@ VATAV

Those are the 2 main reasons to CF/NA failure, but there has to be a solution for it! If there are other CF versions well licensed & protected in other areas of the world, why can't they do the same to this one?... What's stopping Z8?.. Because surely it shouldn't be lack of money after all these weapon crates & VIP's releases.

PS: I'm really losing my patience & respect for Z8 like many others. It's like they don't respect there 'customers' anymore & in the real world 'customers' are generally always right, so Z8 should listen/observe & improve/evolve.

Peace!
  • Yeah, i agree this. becouse alot hackers come from eg etc. With all respect. but they can make unlimited new accounts and hack for fun/troll.
  • You know I am tired of this bull. I am including the names cause I really don't give a rat's (-i_) anymore. I reported EZ_Twin about a week ago, for hacking and then advertising a hack and then threatening to hack and delete my account. I sent the file for proof. This is the response I get..

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I will review the screenshots and act accordingly.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and I assure you that we will not tolerate any violations to our terms and conditions. Due to our privacy policy, we cannot provide users with the end results of any investigation.

Have a wonderful day.

[GM] Odeeb
    CrossFire Team
    http://www.z8games.com/termsandcondition.aspx

Well, I just checked and EZ_Twin is still active with his honorable soldier ribbon. I really do believe there are so many hack that work for z8, Mods or just simply friends. When they say a no tolerance policy, what they mean is, pick and choose first!

I Really don't care anymore, they can ban me if they want. They already got my 100 bucks. What a F@cking waste!
  • @ BarneyF1fe

I know how you feel bro, I too believe that Z8 is a JOKE. No real game struggles this much to get rid of cheaters unless the game company its self is involved for money interest. They will deny but its probably true.

Even if they weren't (Z8), they still lack respect as if they were because they don't seem worried to help there fellow legit & loyal players who are annoyed, frustrated & in great despair in hope to see CF/NA free from cheaters.

We do our part to help the game run by investing from time to time & CF/NA staff don't do they're bit by revamping our anti-hack protection system any-time soon. Just shows the lack of respect they give to us!
  • To depends on x-trap or any other anti-hack to get rid of hack is slow. Because it always takes time for a 3rd party company without source access to fix it, and the hack code writers work much hard and are much creative than them.

Community effort is important, but from lots of reasons, the majority of player base does not hate hacker that much any more -- as everyone says, it is inevitable in all the f2p games. As a result, vote kick would no longer to expect to work (9:6 vote is a failure, and most of time, no more than 7 players f11).

I would think host kick, simple and robust.
  • @ GhostArch

I read your quote, "Why do me and everyone I know rarely see a hacker?"

The only reason I could think is maybe you're blind? lol
  • Well it's obvious Xtrap isn't going away anytime soon but honestly trying to patch the same hack(s) over and over again isn't going to work. They may patch it for a small amount of time but it will resurface and become a problem again.

I have an idea that may work but it's still just a suggestion so take it with a grain of salt.

IMHO Z8 should try to do what jagex did when they had that huge influx of bots their. Target the source of the problem, namely the site(s) that are offering these hacks so that they can no longer produce those said hacks. I know this wont get rid of all the hacks but if they take down the site that has the most amounts of traffic/downloads it may just be the thing that will save this game.

I'm by no means an expert lawyer as I have NO idea what will go into this but they should at least give this idea some thought.

Just my 2 cents and a idea that may work.
  • mjey wrote: »
    Well it's obvious Xtrap isn't going away anytime soon but honestly trying to patch the same hack(s) over and over again isn't going to work. They may patch it for a small amount of time but it will resurface and become a problem again.

I have an idea that may work but it's still just a suggestion so take it with a grain of salt.

IMHO Z8 should try to do what jagex did when they had that huge influx of bots their. Target the source of the problem, namely the site(s) that are offering these hacks so that they can no longer produce those said hacks. I know this wont get rid of all the hacks but if they take down the site that has the most amounts of traffic/downloads it may just be the thing that will save this game.

I'm by no means an expert lawyer as I have NO idea what will go into this but they should at least give this idea some thought.

Just my 2 cents and a idea that may work.

I had reported the sites to z8 like a month ago and guees what its still running

here is a list of f2p mmo fps games that got shut down cuz of hacks

Absolute Force, Black Prophecy, Arctic Combat, Bullet Run and GunZ

i think cf will join the list very soon
  • @ GhostArch

I'd agree with the idea of Host's of any room having the power to kick without needing votes, since most nobs don't 'F11' when needed to kick cheater/s. Problem is maybe this will end up being too much power even for the Host, because if Host's get owned & get frustrated by a legit player, Host will kick that top enemy, LOL. So it's not really a good idea TBH, because players will abuse of it.

@ mjey

That idea is good but many others have talked about it around this forum ages ago & nothing much has been done. Our Z8 team seem to not be bothered maybe because its too much hassle & effort for them & they prefer to take a risk & test our legit communities patience, thus risking their gaming company.. Stupid IK.

IDK what to say any-more!.. Most of us who write/read in this CF forum at some point have spoken about improving games protection system & experience by giving rational innovating idea's but Z8 Mod's don't really listen/read to everything we say let alone the Developers.
  • BarneyF1fe wrote: »
    @ GhostArch

I read your quote, "Why do me and everyone I know rarely see a hacker?"

The only reason I could think is maybe you're blind? lol

Sorry to inform you, that quotation is from ex MoD, giggleton, I found this claim in one of my thread talking about hackers. As a response, I posted an image of ostrich which was burying its head into sand.

That quotation was 3 or 4 years ago I think. And astonishing fact is, I saw a similar claim from [MOD] dot early this year.

Unfortunately, that becomes a history mark of CF.

And you are excused for asking me if I am blind. I think you had thought Giggleton is my idol so that I need to quote his words.
    @ GhostArch

I'd agree with the idea of Host's of any room having the power to kick without needing votes, since most nobs don't 'F11' when needed to kick cheater/s. Problem is maybe this will end up being too much power even for the Host, because if Host's get owned & get frustrated by a legit player, Host will kick that top enemy, LOL. So it's not really a good idea TBH, because players will abuse of it.

[/COLOR]

Abusing can never be a more serious problem than hackers.

Use my notepad, I can easily record who is a bad ass host if I want to do so. Or even without it, I can still remember some bad ass hosts' name. However, I would not spend time this way, I would just use my brain to remember who is a cool host -- currently, we still have the experience that a host kick you directly after you get into a waiting room -- that is to say, host already has some power to abuse, except you did what hacker do (quit quickly and then come back), but to me, I never want to do that because I know I have nothing that could be a reason to be kicked -- if the host want to kick me, he must has his reason, even mostly just a wrong impression.

Also, it is important that z8 could investigate the host behavior -- if any hosts in a room has kicked players during a match, there should be ONE replay and reports auto generated and uploaded. Z8 can just delete them if there is no complain about abusing. If there are too many abusement, just randomly choose some to review, and update a player's hosting performance -- simply two counts (correct kicking and wrong kicking). The two number can be shown as an information about the room. We can get an rough idea about how would the host use his power for, and how good he can distinguish legit player from hackers.

Moreover, z8 can create a simple math, to evaluate the hosting performance by correct_kick_count - 3 X wrong_kick_count. So that when a player with better hosting performance enter a room, the host will be switched. Gradually but finally, the hosting power will be in good hands.

In fact, vote kicking can also work if z8 can summarize the correct and wrong vote and give different player different vote weight. For example, an player is almost always correct in vote kick would gain more weight in voting, so that his votes might be more important than summation of 10 other players in the room. This was what I proposed maybe 4 years ago. But when looking back, it is much complex than host kick, because to count the correct and wrong vote is a big job. Comparatively, host kicking would generate much less reports for reviewing, and even without really reviewing, remember several good rooms for you would be enough to let us to enjoy the game play without knowing if hackers are equipped with new code.

And finally, ask yourself, which is more important, to be able to play hacker free game if you want, or was kicked as hackers when you enters a wrong room. I think the answer is clear, currently, we totally have no choice to hide away from hackers, unless you lock a room and invite only those who you know trustworthy -- so how many names do you need to remember? With host kick, the worst thing is you are kicked by all hosts, but you can create your room. If you are a good host, soon some other players want a clean room will remember you and the room will be popular.
  • My guess is that if you are right about what you are talking that other CF versions wich belong to z8games have less hackers is because they are from diffrent regions where existing hack sites don't have influence so hacks are harder to come by.

z8games have nothing to do about hackers except being ingame watch and do their job by checking tickets and act acordingly by banning certain players that are cought hacking and send their reports to xtrap and hgw watch team so they can make better anti-hack measures.

From my experience they are doing good job with stoping hacks and I can't complaint because since they took over CF from subagames there are less hackers and when there comes a wave of hackers they soon reduce that number of hackers to 1-2 hackers in 5 matches, at least thats what happens in rooms I play and 1-2 hackers aren't problem, they can easily be stoped from ruining our gameplay.

Lot of people act like those hackers are unstoppable but they are not. When I have time and when I'm in mood I report hackers and it is not problem because there realy aren't that much hackers. I don't check if those hackers get banned or not because I don't have a need to do that, GM seen ticket, gave me a note that they will check it out and thats it, end of the story. If accused player were using 3rd party program he will get ban eventualy.
    CrossFire won't extinct because players are getting mature no matter do you see it or not and they won't let few kids/trollers with hacks ruin their fun. You might feel like you are one hurting and I can't help you with that except to tell you keep playing and earn respect from other players so you can help each other out with kicking hackers out from rooms you are playing.