CrossFire has abandoned the Latin Community

So were do you leave all the South American players? US South server got closed 1 year ago, then we are suppossed to play CrossFire AL right? (Latin America) but wait, where are the servers?? They are on Sao Paulo, Brazil, way damn South, and we all get 180+ Ping to that version, Z8Games is forgetting that a big part of the players of this version are Latins right? and they aren't clever enough to open a server which will give us lower latency ,so why do you even call it CFAL if only brazilians can play it, more like CFBR...

I suggest Z8Games to open a server on Northern Brazil on CFAL (there was a server like that on Beta Version but they closed it???) or just re-open US South Server, please think about your players.

Comments

• Brazil and the rest of south and Central America have a Fairly large player base. I agree with this suggestion.
  • yup we have charlie delta echo foxtrot near empty all the time

and uk 2 and 3 and 5

sure e8 and uk38 are for like scrims n stuff but we dont really need an army of unused servers
  • colhere wrote: »
    So were do you leave all the South American players? US South server got closed 1 year ago, then we are suppossed to play CrossFire AL right? (Latin America) but wait, where are the servers?? They are on Sao Paulo, Brazil, way damn South, and we all get 180+ Ping to that version, Z8Games is forgetting that a big part of the players of this version are Latins right? and they aren't clever enough to open a server which will give us lower latency ,so why do you even call it CFAL if only brazilians can play it, more like CFBR...

I suggest Z8Games to open a server on Northern Brazil on CFAL (there was a server like that on Beta Version but they closed it???) or just re-open US South Server, please think about your players.
    You should see this. Click here

Regards, iAndrew.
  • I support this +11111111111, don't wana see any latins in NA game sorry ~
  • West Coast is pretty close to you.
    US South was getting very little traffic.
  • SirPano wrote: »
    Before writing, inform yourself first (Find out first). DUDE, THIS IS SOUTH AMERICA, NO MEXICO.
    I'm not extremely familiar with the South American map but northwestern South America looked closer to Cali than to southeast SA.

Could be entirely wrong of course, just a quick glance at google maps and a (poor?) assumption on the location of Sao Paolo.
  • :)
    HyperKing wrote: »
    I support this +11111111111, don't wana see any latins in NA game sorry ~

I agree it dont bother me that people from S.America are having a hard time playing.
  • SirPano wrote: »
    You should read about the general infrastructure of the internet. remember that the internet is not a point to point directly.

Guy, you are a MOD, best bans me perm and ready, it's the better solution for both. Good luck
    I'm very familiar with this, its a point I've stressed on this forum for many years.
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make though.
  • If you have 150+ Ping... You should give up on the game and play something else, that goes for everyone in CF NA.. 150 ping is ridiculous. Why play with that kind of ping when you can play another game close to you..
  • HyperKing wrote: »
    If you have 150+ Ping... You should give up on the game and play something else, that goes for everyone in CF NA.. 150 ping is ridiculous. Why play with that kind of ping when you can play another game close to you..

Honestly idk how they can play with a ping like that. Horrible
    so were do you leave all the south american players?

----> cfla
  • Vekks wrote: »
    ----> cfla

you do realize we get worse ping there? ...
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    West Coast is pretty close to you.
    US South was getting very little traffic.

No it is not close, at all. and yes us south wasn't full but it had more traffic than other servers and you don't know how many latin people plays nowadays
    No it is not close, at all. and yes us south wasn't full but it had more traffic than other servers and you don't know how many latin people plays nowadays

The difference between US South and the other servers is that US South was in a separate building, in a another country, half a continent away. The other servers are together so the only added cost of continuing to run one of them is the electricity ($100ish a month per server). US South was not with the other servers but nearly a thousand kilometers away; it needed its own building, its own staff, its own internet connection and bandwidth, different government Laws and Regulations to deal with, etc... I wouldn't be surprised if it cost Z8 $10,000+ a month to have maintained the US South server. US South was dropped because its cost was to high for to little activity on it.
  • VATAV wrote: »
    The difference between US South and the other servers is that US South was in a separate building, in a another country, half a continent away. The other servers are together so the only added cost of continuing to run one of them is the electricity ($100ish a month per server). US South was not with the other servers but nearly a thousand kilometers away; it needed its own building, its own staff, its own internet connection and bandwidth, different government Laws and Regulations to deal with, etc... I wouldn't be surprised if it cost Z8 $10,000+ a month to have maintained the US South server. US South was dropped because its cost was to high for to little activity on it.

I already knew this difference, it's obvious lol but still, US west is in different location as well so, z8games needs to spend more in their own game
    I already knew this difference, it's obvious lol but still, US west is in different location as well so, z8games needs to spend more in their own game

US west actually has a large gathering of Californian, Hawaiian, and Australian players that actually spend a lot of money on this game. The Asian descent players in the west coast alone can support the server with how much they spend, most of them have 10+ pages of ZP guns... Even tho it isn't active 24/7, the players that do play there provide a large amount of cash flow for Z8 so the server is profitable.

Also, instead of asking for servers for SA/LA players in the NA/UK version, you should be asking for better servers in the SA/LA version instead. If the SA/LA version of CF fails Z8 will very likely abandon trying to spread their market to SA/LA. Companies are out to make profit, if something shows it isn't profitable they abandon it.
  • VATAV wrote: »
    US west actually has a large gathering of Californian, Hawaiian, and Australian players that actually spend a lot of money on this game. The Asian descent players in the west coast alone can support the server with how much they spend, most of them have 10+ pages of ZP guns... Even tho it isn't active 24/7, the players that do play there provide a large amount of cash flow for Z8 so the server is profitable.

Also, instead of asking for servers for SA/LA players in the NA/UK version, you should be asking for better servers in the SA/LA version instead. If the SA/LA version of CF fails Z8 will very likely abandon trying to spread their market to SA/LA. Companies are out to make profit, if something shows it isn't profitable they abandon it.

I can't speak portuguese, but you are right, if there's a CrossFire AL they should atleast put one server outside Brazil cause it is not the only country in the continent. Also there is a large number of latin players that easily give tons of money to this game, I could say pretty sure that they do more than the californian, hawaiian and australian, latin community>west server players if we are talking about the amount of players
  • [Musti wrote: »
    its all about cs go

How is everything going Mustafaaa :)?
  • OT: I would like any comments from the Z8games staff, opinions, and future plans for the south american players
  • 1nsomniac wrote: »
    VATAV hit the nail on the head.

---^
    Pretty much.

I will just sit in my corner and watch colhere argue with everybody how z8 should waste money so himself, and ~10 other players would be able to play crossfire.
  • JepoJag wrote: »
    ---^
    Pretty much.

I will just sit in my corner and watch colhere argue with everybody how z8 should waste money so himself, and ~10 other players would be able to play crossfire.

10 other players? you clearly don't know anything, and who said I am not able to play? Maybe you should inform yourself before stating things, I am able to play, so is every latin player the issue is the high latency
  • Get a better Internet Service Provider. You can complain all you want, but at the end of the day, Z8Games Staff will likely repeat the same message for every issue since Open Beta : "We're sorry for the Inconvenience".
  • Get a better Internet Service Provider. You can complain all you want, but at the end of the day, Z8Games Staff will likely repeat the same message for every issue since Open Beta : "We're sorry for the Inconvenience".

I guess you don't know the meaning of latency, mainly it's about the location of course having a good Isp matters but you can have 100000mb fiber optic net but if you live in the antartic your ping will be high cause it's far away from the servers.
    I guess you don't know the meaning of latency, mainly it's about the location of course having a good Isp matters but you can have 100000mb fiber optic net but if you live in the antartic your ping will be high cause it's far away from the servers.

I feel for you. No one seems to understand what you're saying.
    Sucks that Cf LA is not making another server somewhere more north in SA.
    10 other players? you clearly don't know anything, and who said I am not able to play? Maybe you should inform yourself before stating things, I am able to play, so is every latin player the issue is the high latency

When he said "10 other players," it was clearly a hyperbole. Unfortunately, 10 is probably much closer to the truth than 10,000. When he said "able to play," of course he meant "able to play with low latency." I know, your situation sucks, and I feel for you. It's just too bad that Z8Games won't do anything about it because it would be unprofitable. Hell, I would like the US South servers to come back, too, but it's just not going to happen. :(
  • 1nsomniac wrote: »
    When he said "10 other players," it was clearly a hyperbole. Unfortunately, 10 is probably much closer to the truth than 10,000. When he said "able to play," of course he meant "able to play with low latency." I know, your situation sucks, and I feel for you. It's just too bad that Z8Games won't do anything about it because it would be unprofitable. Hell, I would like the US South servers to come back, too, but it's just not going to happen. :(

I don't think he was implying what you are saying, you can't say he meant this or that cause that's your interpretation mine was just answering what he literally said which I think he was serious about.. Anyways I am trying to speak for all the latin players most of them don't know english, I am trying to help the community, I won't lose anything from trying you know, since no one would be able to do it, I will