How to make an Offline Event/LAN

2»

Comments

• Great thread bud. I hope to get to one of these events at least once in my CF career!
  • n1 guide but i think this must be in guides section
  • ThePurvThePurv Royal Vizier
    RutherF0rd wrote: »
    n1 guide but i think this must be in guides section

Ya, I'm surprised it hasnt been moved yet.
  • Make this sticky in guides or competitive forum.
  • NonnenOldNonnenOld Royal Heir
    Your wish has been granted. ;D
    Your wish has been granted. ;D

Thanks for the Sticky and moving it to the proper location!
  • When we are contacting a business to get some kind of free items a lor of the sites say Team and they ask about a team. What should we do about that? Should we contact them some how else or? Like Gaming Grub: http://gamergrub.com/team/sponsor-application.php Also do you think that CF is too small for gaming grub?
  • SUKOoverALLSUKOoverALL Apprentice
    Blood Zone (Now known as Blu Entertainment) Closed their doors on the competitive community because they cannot understand that a free teamspeak doesn't equal a sponsorship. They're as incapable of running anything half decent as Suko trying to quit doing drugs.

keep my name out of your mouth.
    When we are contacting a business to get some kind of free items a lor of the sites say Team and they ask about a team. What should we do about that? Should we contact them some how else or? Like Gaming Grub: http://gamergrub.com/team/sponsor-application.php Also do you think that CF is too small for gaming grub?

Well you can always find a way to work with them. Looks like Gamergurb is a food product IDK how well it would work. A game or event can try to influence players to buy their products.

Like if the FG LAN had a food sponsor such as Gamer Grub we would do this. Gamer Grub would give us free or cheaply sell their products for us to give away at the event. In return we would be adverting their company and products.

Here is what I typed to a sponsor:
    Name - Johnathon Purvis
    Organization - Frost Gaming/ Z8Games
    Event page - http://fglan.com/index.php?lang=en
    Phone - (920)860-7211
    Email - jpurvis92@hotmail.com
    Event address - 249 Queen's Quay West, Toronto, ON M5J 2N5
    Event date - 03/29/2013 - 03/31/2013

Details - We are looking for iBUYPOWER to help sponsor Frost Gaming LAN by providing PC's. We will need atleast 10 gaming PC's.

In return, we will advertise and promote iBUYPOWER.

Over 100 players will be attending and the event will be casted live via Stream.

Since our event will be taking place in late March, it would be a great time for iBUYPOWER to promote their new Revolt system. Gamers from all over can see this product in action.

Please contact me back as soon as you can.

Thank you
  • JPurvis wrote: »
    Well you can always find a way to work with them. Looks like Gamergurb is a food product IDK how well it would work. A game or event can try to influence players to buy their products.

Like if the FG LAN had a food sponsor such as Gamer Grub we would do this. Gamer Grub would give us free or cheaply sell their products for us to give away at the event. In return we would be adverting their company and products.

Here is what I typed to a sponsor:
    Name - Johnathon Purvis
    Organization - Frost Gaming/ Z8Games
    Event page - http://fglan.com/index.php?lang=en
    Phone - (920)860-7211
    Email - jpurvis92@hotmail.com
    Event address - 249 Queen's Quay West, Toronto, ON M5J 2N5
    Event date - 03/29/2013 - 03/31/2013

Details - We are looking for iBUYPOWER to help sponsor Frost Gaming LAN by providing PC's. We will need atleast 10 gaming PC's.

In return, we will advertise and promote iBUYPOWER.

Over 100 players will be attending and the event will be casted live via Stream.

Since our event will be taking place in late March, it would be a great time for iBUYPOWER to promote their new Revolt system. Gamers from all over can see this product in action.

Thank you

Everyone call Purvis! Contact added ;)

Thank you I will contact them and see what is up...
    Everyone call Purvis! Contact added ;)

Thank you I will contact them and see what is up...

Lol, dont even dare

But anyways, just use mine as a sample. Don't try to use my exact wording. Be creative.
  • MrVu1MrVu1 Royal Heir
    JPurvis wrote: »
    Don't try to use my exact wording. Be creative.

But copying/pasting is so easy!
    But copying/pasting is so easy!

I won't be mad if you copy it. I just think there are better ways to type one up. :D
  • I do not know what else to add.....JP writes amazing essays to so I should copy you. ;)
  • Name - Sean Corey
    Organization - Z8Games
    Event information - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sqH08u9Zf6Dk0aJegngCmfc2Pdd7CjZT5rPjdUZSY/edit?usp=sharing
    Email - ******@****.**.***
    Event date - Starting June 25

Details - We are looking for 5 (Five) 3.25 oz packages of your s'mores to be sent from you to the winner of the tournament.

Over 100 players will be attending and the some matches will be casted live via Stream.

Since our event will be taking place in late June, it would be a great time for Gaming Grub to promote their S'mores gaming snack. Gamers from all over will hear about your company and your snack.

Thank you

inb4pruvissayscopycat

Anyways how about that?
    Name - Sean Corey
    Organization - Z8Games
    Event information - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sqH08u9Zf6Dk0aJegngCmfc2Pdd7CjZT5rPjdUZSY/edit?usp=sharing
    Email - ******@****.**.***
    Event date - Starting June 25

Details - We are looking for 5 (Five) 3.25 oz packages of your s'mores to be sent from you to the winner of the tournament.

Over 100 players will be attending and the some matches will be casted live via Stream.

Since our event will be taking place in late June, it would be a great time for Gaming Grub to promote their S'mores gaming snack. Gamers from all over will hear about your company and your snack.

Thank you

inb4pruvissayscopycat

Anyways how about that?

Looking good.

They like simple things, easy to read with nice information that would draw them in.
  • Still no reply from them :(
  • Give me a few years then i'll be planning one.

You guys rented the computers and gaming equipment?
    Speculate wrote: »
    Give me a few years then i'll be planning one.

You guys rented the computers and gaming equipment?

10 Gaming PC's were bought from iBuyPower

A HD projector and screen was rented

Everything below was rented and provided by Delaco
    10 PC
    20 Monitor
    10 keyboards
    10 Mice
    Routers/switches
    Cables
  • kraomkraom Beginner
    kill man

man kill