No weapon drop

Being an active Crossfire player, I have learned much about what most players want, and feel. One issue that seems to come to mind often is whether to use that hard earned zp crate weapon or golden coupon weapon in any game besides a mutation mode type game. Many player don't use old event crate weapons and zp weapons from the fact that it might be taken when they die in a game mode. I, for one, also feel this when choosing whether to use it or not. Many friends who I have invited into the game, have spent zp, but never use the guns they got from the black market because they are tired of people taking it when they die, or their own team getting distracted trying to pick it up when an enemy is right in front of them. Although I feel that suggestions are rarely read, I would like to suggest a zp temporary item in the item shop, probably 5,000 zp for a month, that prevents certain chosen items from dropping after death. At that price, I would buy it, and I know many people will get over their anxiety of using their rare, and old guns in a game and it getting taken. Like the colored name/chat item, it will not directly affect gameplay, and it will likely bring in extra profit.

Edit: It seems people are doubting the usefulness of the item, and I will say, it is pretty useless, and doesn't provide any boost/affect gameplay either, but like colored name/chat, it is just another feature that some people may want.

Comments

• Every single thread made on the forums, deleted, closed, or still present are and will be read by the GMs, this includes suggestions as well.

However to be on topic, I disagree with this suggestion to be put into reality due to it's cost and unfairness to non-zp buyers. Profit may be one thing, it however will not bring in fair gameplay. I also do wonder, why do you actually care when people pick up your gun after death? What I have to tell you is that you should just deal with it.

-1 on this suggestion,

mmf.
  • Why should you care if someone else uses your gun? You've already died anyways. Besides, what if you run out of bullets?
  • +1
    I 100% support this idea

Nothing ticks me off more than a hacker taking my gun and killing people with it. They should add a zp item that locks your weapon so the only way you can give it to someone is if you press G (dropping it yourself). Even if that item was 20k zp per month i would go out and buy it. Ive had people who stand behind me or block my way or try to somehow distract me so i can die so they can get the gun And as soon as i die they take it. usualy when i look at their rank its always under sargent. i was guna suggest this too.

If i was to choose who is worse:

someone that waits for you to die so he can take your gun

or

someone with 300+ ping

id choose the person who loots guns

EDIT: I dont mind giving the gun to someone if they asked i just hate it when hackers pick it up
  • -1. if it were to happen, it should be 200kzp a month due to unfairness
    If you dont want others taking your guns, dont spend zp on this game in the first place.
  • In response to above posters, I don't see how that would directly affect gameplay, as it seems just like a perk that you would normally get like the colored chat/name. Believe it or not, many people who spend zp are aware that people will try to pick up their gun, and it will annoy them (response to soCOLORFUL). It would not also be unfair as it doesn't provide any boosts whatsoever to gameplay, in response to DroOown. I would like to avoid the hate in this thread, but I support all the constructive criticism given. Also, some peoples explanations are very vague, and I don't see your point against it.
  • A stupid repetitive suggestion. If you don't want someone to use your weapon, then don't die. Otherwise, all is far. Dead men don't use weapons. So why wouldn't someone else be allowed to use it? It doesn't damage the gun, and it doesn't get take out of your storage when someone else picks it up. So what are you crying about?
  • What's wrong with people taking your gun?....
  • imGu wrote: »
    What's wrong with people taking your gun?....

Please read what I wrote above. There is nothing wrong with people taking it, I don't mind it that much unless everyone is after it, but it still irritates some people. Those people, may be tempted to purchase such an item.
  • Being an active Crossfire player, I have learned much about what most players want, and feel. One issue that seems to come to mind often is whether to use that hard earned zp crate weapon or golden coupon weapon in any game besides a mutation mode type game. Many player don't use old event crate weapons and zp weapons from the fact that it might be taken when they die in a game mode. I, for one, also feel this when choosing whether to use it or not. Many friends who I have invited into the game, have spent zp, but never use the guns they got from the black market because they are tired of people taking it when they die, or their own team getting distracted trying to pick it up when an enemy is right in front of them. Although I feel that suggestions are rarely read, I would like to suggest a zp temporary item in the item shop, probably 5,000 zp for a month, that prevents certain chosen items from dropping after death. At that price, I would buy it, and I know many people will get over their anxiety of using their rare, and old guns in a game and it getting taken. Like the colored name/chat item, it will not directly affect gameplay, and it will likely bring in extra profit.

Edit: It seems people are doubting the usefulness of the item, and I will say, it is pretty useless, and doesn't provide any boost/affect gameplay either, but like colored name/chat, it is just another feature that some people may want.

Just a second please, I need to laugh for a while then i'll answer.
    You feel bad when someone uses your weapons ?
    O
    M
    G

I have a damn good account and i randomly drop my weapons on base and pick one from ground and i continue. Because i get happy when some teenagers without money having fun with ZP weapons. They also need to play with colourful weapons, c'mon they are kids.. They need this. I feel peacefull when i see them happy.
    I can either play ESL or ZPnoob style.
    I don't mind if i have P90 or m4royal. While playing serios ofc we do mind what weapon we use but c'mon this is just a game.

I have NEVER denied someone who wanted to try my weapon.
    I lose NOTHING if someone uses my AK-47 Liquid or Dual Desert Pink or else.

I am not repairing them at home.

Unbelievably logicless idea and i totally disagree.

Ah sorry, i need to laugh again : )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  • I personally don't like other people using my weapon, but I don't think this is a must. I don't really care that much as long as the person using my weapon is not hacker nor noob. Besides, somethimes I pick up other people's seasonal guns too.
  • Cubiss wrote: »
    O
    M
    G

I have a damn good account and i randomly drop my weapons on base and pick one from ground and i continue. Because i get happy when some teenagers without money having fun with ZP weapons. They also need to play with colourful weapons, c'mon they are kids.. They need this. I feel peacefull when i see them happy.
    I don't mind if i have P90 or m4royal. While playing serios ofc we do mind what weapon we use but c'mon this is just a game.

I like exchanging weapons too, but I can't play good without ok weapons.
    O
    M
    G

after reading what you wrote i had a change of heart. your so right man i was always upset with ppl picking up my guns because they were hackers but your point is so true
  • Please read what I wrote above. There is nothing wrong with people taking it, I don't mind it that much unless everyone is after it, but it still irritates some people. Those people, may be tempted to purchase such an item.

What I meant was... they SHOULDNT be irritated.
  • When your character dies your dead and no longer own anything on that dead character. When you die in real life your possessions will most likely be inherited by others.

Since you are no longer alive there is no point in having the ability to take ownership of anything.

I'm guessing this suggestion was just made out of anger hoping to get back at that "noob gun stealer" who picked up the gun you discarded when you died.

O
    M
    G

Really, I understand your point. I would like to give my guns to people who want to try it as long as I'm okay with what I'm getting. If your enemy/other team gets it, however, or someone picks it up after you die, is different for some people. I don't feel bad, as what you say, but just a bit irritated. I understand when we were all "noobs", we probably picked up shiny guns also, which would probably get the other person mad, but this suggestion is just a perk. It may seem pointless to you, but most people who've I've seen with zp bm guns have it taken when they die, and gets irritated. Thanks for your opinion nonetheless.
    imGu wrote: »
    What I meant was... they SHOULDNT be irritated.

People do, maybe it wont be particularly you, but many people do. Of course, I've gotten over it (mostly, lol), but others still feel this.
  • When your character dies your dead and no longer own anything on that dead character. When you die in real life your possessions will most likely be inherited by others.

Since you are no longer alive there is no point in having the ability to take ownership of anything.

I'm guessing this suggestion was just made out of anger hoping to get back at that "noob gun stealer" who picked up the gun you discarded when you died.

Thing is, in TDM, you respawn, and people on the other team can pick it up can kill you with your own gun (if you can be possibly that bad). I find that a bit silly, but this was not meant to be a ranting thread, but a overall opinion of some collective friends. Either way, this is just a suggestion. Again, thanks for your opinion, though I feel many people posting are missing the points that I see.
  • I'm just going to throw this out there, but...

It's true to an extent that ZP weapons and items such as armor give you an advantage.
    But some people spend hundreds of dollars in attempt to win such things all for the ability to perform slightly better in-game. The irritation these players are having is due to the cheap players who just run around and pick up things that they otherwise don't feel like buying/can't afford. The proud owner of the weaponry feels a slight loss in the exclusiveness of their prized item when, after dying, gets passed around like a cheap *****.

I'm not really siding either way, because really, it doesn't change much at all.

Although, if you do see players in-game getting upset about such things, you should probably just be courteous and leave the items on the ground.
  • trNshd_Ben wrote: »
    I'm just going to throw this out there, but...

It's true to an extent that ZP weapons and items such as armor give you an advantage.
    But some people spend hundreds of dollars in attempt to win such things all for the ability to perform slightly better in-game. The irritation these players are having is due to the cheap players who just run around and pick up things that they otherwise don't feel like buying/can't afford. The proud owner of the weaponry feels a slight loss in the exclusiveness of their prized item when, after dying, gets passed around like a cheap *****.

I'm not really siding either way, because really, it doesn't change much at all.

Although, if you do see players in-game getting upset about such things, you should probably just be courteous and leave the items on the ground.

Yes, going into greater detail of my point. Although I don't mind as much of this anymore, people still do. The anxiety they receive is from their "pain" of getting the item. I'm always willing to let people try out the weapon, since that's how I was encouraged for some of my zp weapons. Sure, this suggestion seems pointless, but again (bringing up the same repetitive point that some people do care), this may be a easy way to fix that for some people who can't accept the fact that others get to try it also.
  • Really, I understand your point. I would like to give my guns to people who want to try it as long as I'm okay with what I'm getting. If your enemy/other team gets it, however, or someone picks it up after you die, is different for some people. I don't feel bad, as what you say, but just a bit irritated. I understand when we were all "noobs", we probably picked up shiny guns also, which would probably get the other person mad, but this suggestion is just a perk. It may seem pointless to you, but most people who've I've seen with zp bm guns have it taken when they die, and gets irritated. Thanks for your opinion nonetheless.

People do, maybe it wont be particularly you, but many people do. Of course, I've gotten over it (mostly, lol), but others still feel this.

Again, I never said people don't get irritated. But they SHOULDNT.
  • en201012 wrote: »
    I like exchanging weapons too, but I can't play good without ok weapons.

That's simply enough strong for a reason. No problem with your thoughts.
    allowe wrote: »
    after reading what you wrote i had a change of heart. your so right man i was always upset with ppl picking up my guns because they were hackers but your point is so true

I really appreciated. Thanks a lot to you and so happy to me that i could see one more shining heart.
    Really, I understand your point. I would like to give my guns to people who want to try it as long as I'm okay with what I'm getting. If your enemy/other team gets it, however, or someone picks it up after you die, is different for some people. I don't feel bad, as what you say, but just a bit irritated. I understand when we were all "noobs", we probably picked up shiny guns also, which would probably get the other person mad, but this suggestion is just a perk. It may seem pointless to you, but most people who've I've seen with zp bm guns have it taken when they die, and gets irritated. Thanks for your opinion nonetheless.

I understand your point too. Thanks.
  • What you are suggesting does affect gameplay. If a player runs out of ammunition and isn't given an option to pick up the weapon of a player who has died, there is a greater chance that he will die because he only has a melee weapon. His gameplay is negatively affected because you feel a sense of entitlement to something that is not yours but is however the property of Z8 Games.
  • Being able to puck up someone else's guns it self is part of the game. Banning weapon drops would be like banning dying.
  • Suggestion: Make an option in every room: Weapon don`t drop [] . If checked, no one will get your gun. If isnt checked, other will pick up guns. Simple.
  • funny to think they are actually able to implement something like that, when they don`t even know how to cut down on cheaters.
  • this is the biggest -1 ive ever done
    -1 ARE YOU CRAZY
  • Being an active Crossfire player, I have learned much about what most players want, and feel. One issue that seems to come to mind often is whether to use that hard earned zp crate weapon or golden coupon weapon in any game besides a mutation mode type game. Many player don't use old event crate weapons and zp weapons from the fact that it might be taken when they die in a game mode. I, for one, also feel this when choosing whether to use it or not. Many friends who I have invited into the game, have spent zp, but never use the guns they got from the black market because they are tired of people taking it when they die, or their own team getting distracted trying to pick it up when an enemy is right in front of them. Although I feel that suggestions are rarely read, I would like to suggest a zp temporary item in the item shop, probably 5,000 zp for a month, that prevents certain chosen items from dropping after death. At that price, I would buy it, and I know many people will get over their anxiety of using their rare, and old guns in a game and it getting taken. Like the colored name/chat item, it will not directly affect gameplay, and it will likely bring in extra profit.

bi&#h PLEASE....
    u cant be serious...
    its a game!
    an other guy takes ur gun when u die..SO???!!!!
    before u started buying zp werent u doing the same thing?
    as stated above by other people your weapon doesnt brake or get lost
    its the silliest complain i have never seen...
  • yeah i just quit reading after the gun taking part...why do you care when some takes your gun when you die? Its not like you can use it or something

If you have something special, you can't possibly expect the other people just to look at it and go on as if nothing happened. Honestly: I also rage when some noobs on my team follow me until I die after they see my Sterling. Still, I use it. Rare weapons are not to be shoved deep into the storage just because someone whines everytime someone takes his rare gun.

best regards,
    Urkel