SMile GAte please develop "in game voice chat" with push of a button

2»

Comments

• [MOD]9 wrote: »
    Z8 officially partnered up with Xfire to provide these sort of services.
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=57273

Yeah 9, I remember Xfire was being offered for download by Z8. Maybe Smile Gate and Z8 can try to integrate Xfire into the UI or something..
  • And if they did implement this (If an early 2000's engine could even handle it) how badly do you think the FPS of lower level systems would drop? I barely get 30 FPS now. If they put this in, either you or they had better be buying me a new rig so I can keep playing the game I've spent over $500 on.. <..<

ohgodwhy.jpg

it's okay in bf3 because most of the people there is mature and not foreign.

but thats not the point

the devs need to focus on fixing interp, lag, and all other IN-GAME issues instead of implanting a useless VoIP in this game
  • And if they did implement this (If an early 2000's engine could even handle it) how badly do you think the FPS of lower level systems would drop? I barely get 30 FPS now. If they put this in, either you or they had better be buying me a new rig so I can keep playing the game I've spent over $500 on.. <..<

You spent over 500 bucks and still get 30 fps. What the...?
    MegaKeLP wrote: »

ohgodwhy.jpg

it's okay in bf3 because most of the people there is mature and not foreign.

but thats not the point

the devs need to focus on fixing interp, lag, and all other IN-GAME issues instead of implanting a useless VoIP in this game

MegaKelp I don't trust anything you say right now since you are obvious trolling.
  • Tecumtha wrote: »
    Yeah 9, I remember Xfire was being offered for download by Z8. Maybe Smile Gate and Z8 can try to integrate Xfire into the UI or something..

It is an optional installation whenever you download CF. They are a bundled package.

Xfire is somewhat integrated into CF, don't know how to explain it properly...
    just have it running along with CF :)
    I guess the default hotkey while ingame is Scroll Lock + X to access the menu and all that.
  • Tecumtha wrote: »
    You spent over 500 bucks and still get 30 fps. What the...?

I used to get nearly 60 FPS in an 8v8 with all 200+ pingers, now in that situation I get around 25-30 FPS. All the changes they made recently have caused it. My FPS has been going downhill ever since the Zombie Mode update. I had to upgrade my RAM just to be able to play because Cross Fire has that black screen when loading.
  • [MOD]9 wrote: »
    It is an optional installation whenever you download CF. They are a bundled package.

Xfire is somewhat integrated into CF, don't know how to explain it properly...
    just have it running along with CF :)
    I guess the default hotkey while ingame is Scroll Lock + X to access the menu and all that.

I see, maybe I will try xfire for now. I do have raidcall as well.
    I was thinking if Xfire can be a standard manual button in the UI, where if you are in the room, you can push it and people can hear you through the mic, and vice versa. That way, you can talk to strangers and get to know them. If they speak another language, well, welcome to America.

Not sure how much work that will be for Smile Gate, whether they are capable of making things happen. Tencent is big, if Tencent wants it will be done.

I mean it is becoming standard now in many games, including Korean ones. So it is just a matter of time, in my opinion.
  • You can do voice calls with Xfire. I think both with individuals and with groups.
    I haven't done it myself, probably isn't as swell as Skype or Vent or whatever other program lol.
    But it's there within Xfire.