A New Ribbon Approaches!

Comments

• Ri_aH wrote: »
    Yea I have the gun. So what? I've had it for 2 days now and I still use reg Custom/xm8 more.

take some time and look at the ribbon reqs. most of them are easy to get. and the one that has 1 year old account for req, if you've sticked with the game that long, you should already have almost all of them anyway.

ok , let say if they toke the gun away from you , by 1 ribbon what will u do? just saying thats IF
  • Epic fail!!!
    I believe that a lot of players reset their kills/deaths to have clutch killer ribbon and then you do this lol. Reduce kill number, thats too much, you want to raise hackers in all rooms??
  • it's a lot!
    it will be very long for this ribbon, even daunting ....
  • PinkBun wrote: »
    Most of the ribbons are far out of reach for most people.. Except people that have been playing for awhile.. Removing ribbons that are easier for new people to get will only make the game and the forums less exciting and less inviting to the new members. Removing this ribbon was a horrible idea.

Ah this isn't really true, there are a TON of people who have ribbons.

But ribbons are meant to last over a longer period of time.

If we dropped down 35 ribbons that you didn't have to actually DO anything to get, what sense of accomplishment would you have?

The reason why there is so much controversy is because of that sense of accomplishment. Which is a good thing. Now we just need to make people realize that 20-odd ribbons are not the end. And there will be plenty of ribbons.

Everyone wants that gun, which is understandable. That's why it's there. But don't worry if you can't get it this week, maybe you can get it next week. Or whenever we release more ribbons.

The more ribbons we release the less impact each individual ribbon will have. So some people say 100,000 kills is too much. But the point of that ribbon is to have something to work TOWARDS.

If we wanted to make a ribbon that said "read this announcement for a ribbon" we would have done so. But it doesn't achieve anything.
  • Aw man, 100,000? At least 10,000 would have been more fair to replace the Military Intelligence ribbon...And thanks to that I have 8 now -tears-
    Major Disappointment :(
  • FACLS wrote: »
    Epic fail!!!
    I believe that a lot of players reset their kills/deaths to have clutch killer ribbon and then you do this lol. Reduce kill number, thats too much, you want to raise hackers in all rooms??

ur so right.. ppl are gona hack more and farm more for those kills
  • PinkBun wrote: »
    Idiots who made an account a month ago? Are you serious? So just because you're an experienced player you should get more perks than the new ones? Isn't the idea here to bring new people to the game? Stop thinking about what's good for you and not the rest because I guarantee that if a ribbon was removed that involved you.. You'd be on here complaining too. Have some respect, seriously.

Let see... there are tons of spammers crying for fairness right? SO where is fairness if all the people that didnt care about ribbons at all get the gun just cuz they're crying for it when others actually work to build up their collection even when the gun wasn't up as a reward yet?

Fact of Life: If you want something, work for it.
  • OldJohn wrote: »
    EPIC FAIL, instead of forum farmers you are now encouraging in-game farmers.

I'm a Second Lieutenant 7th Class, I do not farm, play pretty good and i only have: Total Kills 67218 Death 40792.

I recently received the veteran soldier ribbon for having this account for 1 year or more. For me this announcement is a ultra-fail, i got 67k kills in one year without farming.

GG, farmers heaven. Why not organize a new contest, post your best farming video. The more the cows the merryer. Im totally disappointed with you guys.

Cant seem to edit this post somehow. Wanted to add that this policy of removing/changing ribbons and their specifications on the spot is causing massive stirs in the crossfire comunity. 100,000 kills means farmer or maniac playing this game for more than 1 year, each day 500 kills. Why not change specifications for Military Intelligence ribbon, or let the non-spammers keep it. Is it hard to track down all the spammers? Isnt that the MODS job? Its not hard cuz the noobs post in many threads, re-activating old threads and stuff. Not hard at all to detect them. You should give some compensation for those who earned the ribbon honestly! Im very disappointed with you, many people were hoping to get the M4-CC soon. I needed 2 ribbons more, EliteB1 grade (CUZ I DONT FARM LIKE OTHER IDIOTS THAT HAVE ELITE A3 BADGE) and probably Crossfire is my Life (ive been playing for 1 year and 3 days and i only have 3700 Games)

So FARMERS SHOULD FARM MORE. GG CROSSFARM, oh Sorry, FarmFire....um nope....Crossfire thats it.....is it?? FAIL. And yes, i am fu**ing furious and flaming the sh!t outta this guys.
  • i play longer then 1 year and i have only 42.000Kills !!! <<< i have never reset my K/D 100.000 kills IS FOR JUNKIES OR FARMERS DONT FOR ALL !
  • 1ST Really iam so angry because just why didn`t you let the Military Intelligince Ribbon and made that new one :S ?!!!!
    2ND iam really confused :S because my kills is already more than 100,000. iam 122215 Kills
    and i hadn`t got it !!!
    http://clan.z8games.com/charstat_cf.aspx?usn=5216090&tb=w
  • mK___0 wrote: »
    ok , let say if they toke the gun away from you , by 1 ribbon what will u do? just saying thats IF

I can care less. I hate having noobs pick up my guns after I died and watch them act like a ****** with it so I barely bring it out ingame anyway.
  • OldJohn wrote: »
    Cant seem to edit this post somehow. Wanted to add that this policy of removing/changing ribbons and their specifications on the spot is causing massive stirs in the crossfire comunity. 100,000 kills means farmer or maniac playing this game for more than 1 year, each day 500 kills. Why not change specifications for Military Intelligence ribbon, or let the non-spammers keep it. Is it hard to track down all the spammers? Isnt that the MODS job? Its not hard cuz the noobs post in many threads, re-activating old threads and stuff. Not hard at all to detect them. You should give some compensation for those who earned the ribbon honestly! Im very disappointed with you, many people were hoping to get the M4-CC soon. I needed 2 ribbons more, EliteB1 grade (CUZ I DONT FARM LIKE OTHER IDIOTS THAT HAVE ELITE A3 BADGE) and probably Crossfire is my Life (ive been playing for 1 year and 3 days and i only have 3700 Games)

So FARMERS SHOULD FARM MORE. GG CROSSFARM, oh Sorry, FarmFire....um nope....Crossfire thats it.....is it?? FAIL. And yes, i am fu**ing furious and flaming the sh!t outta this guys.

In a sense. Yes it is too difficult to track down the "legit" posters.

We realize that we're stirring the pot here. But there's a difference between doing it for the sake of doing it. Or changing things for the better course of the game.

We looked at the numbers and the results and what was going on. And the only course of action was to remove the ribbon. Will the ribbon come back? Yes for sure. But it will have new requirements.

Instead of just testing new requirements every 3 days it was better to take the ribbon down entirely. Replace it with a different ribbon (to keep the number of active ribbons the same). And work towards a better future for the whole system.
  • One of Army

lol I did Total Kills: 200312 and I no have a ribbon Army of One: (
  • Farmers love this idea. Consider Saidin. Only 2nd LT ++ have 100k kills+ and some of them don't.
    I decided to post not becuz of the ribbon but yes bcuz of CF community
    But it's nice to see that we don't have to deal with most of stupid spammers BRs anymore.
  • ok, why did u replace it with other ribbons like the xmas ribbons for examples, there is no xmas crates
  • hero and sniper ribbon we dont can owend him now !
  • mK___0 wrote: »
    ok, why did u replace it with other ribbons like the xmas ribbons for examples, there is no xmas crates

they didn't replace it. that ribbon was for logging in during 12-24 to 12-26
    the ribbon for a event weap was for halloween.
  • One of Army

but nothing can be done but I have Custom M4 C :)
  • PiwoSkill wrote: »
    i play longer then 1 year and i have only 42.000Kills !!! <<< i have never reset my K/D 100.000 kills IS FOR JUNKIES OR FARMERS DONT FOR ALL !

you've played over a year and you have under 50k kills? that just means you're an inactive player. the point of ribbons is to reward loyal players who work to achieve something in game. why the hell should you get a reward for logging in like once every 2 weeks?
  • but nothing can be done but I have Custom M4 C :)

just wait a few days. it took 3-4 days for me to get Gun Hobbyist ribbon when patch came out.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Attention Soldiers!

The Military Intelligence ribbon has been removed for the time being. It has been replaced by a new ribbon called:

An Army of One - You have more than 100,000 kills in Cross Fire.

For those who have above 100,000 kills. The ribbon will show up on the next clan page update.

Some of the veterans of the game will note that they have plenty more than 100,000 kills. And some of our newer players may think that 100,000 kills is a lot! But for this ribbon 100,000 kills seemed like the perfect amount to call yourself An Army of One!

So head out there and start counting those frags! When you get to 100,000 you'll earn yourself a shiny new ribbon!

If the military Intelligence ribbon was your "10th or "20th" ribbon to get the GP or M4A1-CC you will not lose your prize. In other words, if you have the ribbons: "Look at all my Ribbons!" or "My Ribbons are made of Crystal" those achievements will not be removed from your profile.

After careful consideration and looking at all the data the idea of the Military Intelligence ribbon was doing the exact opposite for what it needed to do. While it greatly promoted our community and forums (which was a good thing) it drastically reduced the quality of the boards.

We welcome with open arms all the soldiers who want to join in on discussion on our boards, however we do not want to encourage pointless posting. It will take a few days to deal with the fallout, but we should be at a better state soon enough.

In the future we would like to bring this ribbon back, but with more requirements and more focused on smart posting rather than spam posting.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

i have already resetted my kdr before 1 year+, and now have 108k kills
    will i receive the ribbon?
  • hack, Hero Mode

This patch did not work too 1-3 days without hacking the proceedings, but one shot hack, please let some hack shield here: ( pleaseee
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Ah this isn't really true, there are a TON of people who have ribbons.

But ribbons are meant to last over a longer period of time.

If we dropped down 35 ribbons that you didn't have to actually DO anything to get, what sense of accomplishment would you have?

The reason why there is so much controversy is because of that sense of accomplishment. Which is a good thing. Now we just need to make people realize that 20-odd ribbons are not the end. And there will be plenty of ribbons.

Everyone wants that gun, which is understandable. That's why it's there. But don't worry if you can't get it this week, maybe you can get it next week. Or whenever we release more ribbons.

The more ribbons we release the less impact each individual ribbon will have. So some people say 100,000 kills is too much. But the point of that ribbon is to have something to work TOWARDS.

If we wanted to make a ribbon that said "read this announcement for a ribbon" we would have done so. But it doesn't achieve anything.

I could honestly care less about the gun. I'm more interested in the ak-knife than I am the crystal.

My point is that removing the ribbon won't really change anything. Most of the spammers probably won't even read this thread and they'll still spam on it because, well, that's just what they do.
  • thank god the reconsidered that.

the real forummers was leaving because of the spammers.

thanks saidin!

60k kills I'll take a little long to take it but its better to lose a intire forum with quality.
  • PiwoSkill wrote: »
    B-B-B-B-B-B-Biggest FAiL

yea you are. for whining on a forum when you can just effing go ingame and start racking up kills. legitly.
This discussion has been closed.