False reporting

Recently I had a couple of good games where I got nice scores - one was S&D and I got 31 / 0 KD - and was accused of cheating , some players threatened to report which is the usually but seeing at the forums that some players got unjustified perm ban worries me a bit.

so Is there anything that can be done to avoid any false ban ?

Comments

• Always save replay.

For those that don't know, reporting someone falsely several times might also get you banned. So people should take care and only report when they have absolute evidence and not every time someone gets a got score or beats you in a game.

Harassing other players by continuously writing ban or report in chat or other repeating messages might also get you punished.
    I am writing this here as otherwise we will see them in the forum complaining about getting banned for no reason.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Painanator wrote: »
    Always save replay.

Fine Idea , I will start doing this
    Painanator wrote: »
    For those that don't know, reporting someone falsely several times might also get you banned. So people should take care and only report when they have absolute evidence and not every time someone gets a got score or beats you in a game.

Harassing other players by continuously writing ban or report in chat or other repeating messages might also get you punished.
    I am writing this here as otherwise we will see them in the forum complaining about getting banned for no reason.
    Well that is good to hear , so those spammers need to be extra careful when they try to ruin everyone's fun
  • Such high K/Ds or scores if made with any cheats, are obvious to a user on a replay file. You can go 100/0, and if you didn't cheat, the guy will see you didn't cheat. 99% of people who write ban to you don't even bother to do more than click the report thingie inside the game.
  • Such high K/Ds or scores if made with any cheats, are obvious to a user on a replay file. You can go 100/0, and if you didn't cheat, the guy will see you didn't cheat. 99% of people who write ban to you don't even bother to do more than click the report thingie inside the game.

And that's what worries me , getting falsely reported by alot of players + high score in a game + 1 or 2 lucky kills could be the end specially that I have never seen a ban get reversed yet.

• And that's what worries me , getting falsely reported by alot of players + high score in a game + 1 or 2 lucky kills could be the end specially that I have never seen a ban get reversed yet.

You didn't get me. A simple report, even if there are many of them still get reviewed. Otherwise you could create accounts over and over and report a player. The staff reviews replay files. And these replay files show if you're legit or not. If you do not have any insight like a wallhack or something else, you never do suspicious stuff. Lucky kills happen to anyone and noone gets banned for those. Look at all the montages where people do wallbangs over and over again. I play this game on and off since 2010 on NA. I became better and better, and did crazy stuff on new accounts, had crazy high K/Ds like a 70/1 in a TDM or 40s/0 in S&D. Never cheated. Got reported a lot. Neven been banned. 90% of people in this game are bad. And cry wolf.

• You didn't get me. A simple report, even if there are many of them still get reviewed. Otherwise you could create accounts over and over and report a player. The staff reviews replay files. And these replay files show if you're legit or not. If you do not have any insight like a wallhack or something else, you never do suspicious stuff. Lucky kills happen to anyone and noone gets banned for those. Look at all the montages where people do wallbangs over and over again. I play this game on and off since 2010 on NA. I became better and better, and did crazy stuff on new accounts, had crazy high K/Ds like a 70/1 in a TDM or 40s/0 in S&D. Never cheated. Got reported a lot. Neven been banned. 90% of people in this game are bad. And cry wolf.

They have an in game report feature now, which was implemented when you were away. As there is no need to send a replay (when there are modes in which you can't save one anyway), to report someone. I think it measures how many reports there are on a player around the same time, but I am not sure. Players have been banned without any replay to review many times now.
    JackPain (Sweden)
  • Here's the thing, if someone reports someone ingame/discord the GM's still review it. Those players who have been banned are just closet cheaters, the same ones who will tell you that their account got hacked. I have been banned once for cheating tho i didn't which was an error on the anticheat way back xtrap, it banned alot of players that used windows xp sp2 or sp3 cant remember exact one. but they had it fixed and peoples accounts/honorable including mine were restored but only those who :never cheated in the past:. you wont be falsely banned and if you do support will help if its really an false ban, otherwise they have enough evidence that you cheated/scripted/macro'd/bot'd etc, cheating isn't the only way to be perm banned. You can play ZM/Ranked with a cheater and get banned, so best advise to you is to play fair even if you're not the one cheating.