Top 5 Most Overpowered and Underpowered Weapons

Comments

• SCAR Light in real life is weak as **** firing 5.56x45mm rounds compared to the SCAR Heavy which fires 7.62x51mm. In reality the M16, M4A1, Steyr AUG, G36K, SG552, K2, SCAR Light, K1A, FAMAS and XM8 should all do the same damage because they fire the same rounds, as should the AWM, PSG1 and SCAR Heavy. Not exactly realistic but nevertheless I couldn't care less. And that is correct, NeoWiz and G4BOX code the weapons, not Z8 Games.

But again, this list isn't about what is awesome and what is not, it's about the guns which I feel are the most powerful (in my hands) and what is the weakest (in my hands) with no influence from anyone else. There was actually quite a few guns I was going to list in the overpowered section such as the Uzi, MP5, XM8, K2 and AK47, because I find it so easy to use them. Likewise guns like the M4A1, Type 89, QBZ95 and AK74 were going to be listed as underpowered, because I find it so hard to use them.
  • HHV18Z wrote: »
    SCAR Light in real life is weak as **** firing 5.56x45mm rounds compared to the SCAR Heavy which fires 7.62x51mm. In reality the M16, M4A1, Steyr AUG, G36K, SG552, K2, SCAR Light, K1A, FAMAS and XM8 should all do the same damage because they fire the same rounds, as should the AWM, PSG1 and SCAR Heavy. Not exactly realistic but nevertheless I couldn't care less. And that is correct, NeoWiz and G4BOX code the weapons, not Z8 Games.

But again, this list isn't about what is awesome and what is not, it's about the guns which I feel are the most powerful (in my hands) and what is the weakest (in my hands) with no influence from anyone else. There was actually quite a few guns I was going to list in the overpowered section such as the Uzi, MP5, XM8, K2 and AK47, because I find it so easy to use them. Likewise guns like the M4A1, Type 89, QBZ95 and AK74 were going to be listed as underpowered, because I find it so hard to use them.

in real life it usually only takes 1 shot.
  • The m4 should be on the "underpowered" ever since they nerfed it >.>
    SCAR Light in real life is weak as **** firing 5.56x45mm rounds compared to the SCAR Heavy which fires 7.62x51mm. In reality the M16, M4A1, Steyr AUG, G36K, SG552, K2, SCAR Light, K1A, FAMAS and XM8 should all do the same damage because they fire the same rounds, as should the AWM, PSG1 and SCAR Heavy. Not exactly realistic but nevertheless I couldn't care less. And that is correct, NeoWiz and G4BOX code the weapons, not Z8 Games.

Never compare games to real life.
    Just cause I felt like it, I'm going to start an argument on the forums over the Top 5 most overpowered and underpowered weapons. Anyways, here's my opinion:

Overpowered:

1) SCAR Light - Bang bang die.
    2) AWM - One shot one kill.
    3) Shovel - Super long reach, high damage.
    4) Kriss Super V - High rate of fire, low recoil, fast reload time, high power, fast firing. It's a sprayer's wet dream.
    5) G36K - Very accurate, powerful, fast firing and fast reload. This gun is a mini SCAR Light.

Underpowered:

1) Glock 18 - The 3 round burst, low power and ridiculous price makes this a pile of ****.
    2) M9 - Glock 18 in plastic form.
    3) MP7 - It chews up ammo very quickly, it does very little damage, it's short ranged and inaccurate.
    4) FAMAS - Low power, small magazine capacity, small ammo count. The patch also made it even more ****, and this was one of the few guns till that point I liked when they screwed it over.
    5) SCAR Heavy - Being related to the SCAR Light you would think this gun is good. It's not, it jumps in recoil, it fires slow, it has an epic reload time. Almost every gun is superior in every way.

oh well...it's pretty much all, but
    i found that there's two kind of SL users, the noob sprayers and the ones who use it's accuracy as an avantage for headshots
    AWM....almost every good FPS game has a one shot one kill sniper rifle
    shovel.....that 5 secs lag when right clicking...
    kriss...u pay real money for it, so it should be godly right?
    g36,huh...depends on the user

Glocks and Berettas, two of the most used pistols in the world, depicted as really reliable pistols with high ammo capacitibly became two piece of crap in this game
    MP7...a SMG....it is intended for close range combat, not for sniping
    famas....nah..its not underpowered
    scar heavy <--- sux moar pl0x
  • famas= best weapon ever....
    if they added more bullets to the clip

theres no way they do the same damage because of the same rounds...
    all those guns have different bolt mechanisms and barrels causing varied accuracy and damage
    Just cause I felt like it, I'm going to start an argument on the forums over the Top 5 most overpowered and underpowered weapons. Anyways, here's my opinion:

Overpowered:

4) Kriss Super V - High rate of fire, low recoil, fast reload time, high power, fast firing. It's a sprayer's wet dream.
    5) G36K - Very accurate, powerful, fast firing and fast reload. This gun is a mini SCAR Light.

Underpowered:

1) Glock 18 - The 3 round burst, low power and ridiculous price makes this a pile of ****.
    3) MP7 - It chews up ammo very quickly, it does very little damage, it's short ranged and inaccurate.
    4) FAMAS - Low power, small magazine capacity, small ammo count. The patch also made it even more ****, and this was one of the few guns till that point I liked when they screwed it over.
    5) SCAR Heavy - Being related to the SCAR Light you would think this gun is good. It's not, it jumps in recoil, it fires slow, it has an epic reload time. Almost every gun is superior in every way.

the famas is actually a really good gun in close range/mid range but it is terribad at long range
  • Indeed, the FAMAS's real life fire rate (950 RPM I believe?) makes it awesome up close, but fails at longer ranges. And the rounds make a very very big difference. A typical example is the AK47 and AK74.

The AK47 and AK74 are very similar except that the AK74 has a longer barrel and they fire different rounds (7.62x39mm and 5.45x39mm). The result is that the AK74 is very weak, but long ranged and accurate, whilst the AK47 is very powerful but has a lot of kick and isn't very accurate (though it still is decently accurate). The round change is a very very big difference. Quite interestingly though, smaller bullets are better against armour because they travel faster, so the AK74 does much better against armour than an AK47.

Continuing on, I will say again, I'M NOT SAYING THESE GUNS ARE NOT BALANCED. I'm saying which guns are the most powerful and the weakest in my hands. I was considering adding a load of different guns that you would probably disagree with, such as the Uzi, AK47, P90 and the Steyr AUG A1 as overpowered, and underpowered such as the Deagle (I suck with it XD ), Colt 1911, M4A1 (since the nerf I suck with it) and the Dragunov.
  • MyAWP1 wrote: »
    the famas is actually a really good gun in close range/mid range but it is terribad at long range
    Nope, it fails. When facing more than 1 opponent, you are dead because A.) you ran out of bullets too fast and reloading takes too long, and B.) when forced to spray, the recoil puts your bullets all over the place EXCEPT into your opponents.

It is easily overshadowed by the G36K, for it has more bullets per clip, reloads faster, and has a far better spray pattern.
  • Don't forget the FAMAS is weak too. From what I heard it doesn't always kill with headshots, though with the 3 round burst you don't notice it anyway?
  • The Glock and M9 are a joke in this game. They're actually very reliable weapons.
  • Indeed, the M9 is a beautiful pistol and the Glock is a pistol that's very popular amongst civilians and criminals.
    Indeed, the FAMAS's real life fire rate (950 RPM I believe?) makes it awesome up close, but fails at longer ranges. And the rounds make a very very big difference. A typical example is the AK47 and AK74.

The AK47 and AK74 are very similar except that the AK74 has a longer barrel and they fire different rounds (7.62x39mm and 5.45x39mm). The result is that the AK74 is very weak, but long ranged and accurate, whilst the AK47 is very powerful but has a lot of kick and isn't very accurate (though it still is decently accurate). The round change is a very very big difference. Quite interestingly though, smaller bullets are better against armour because they travel faster, so the AK74 does much better against armour than an AK47.

Continuing on, I will say again, I'M NOT SAYING THESE GUNS ARE NOT BALANCED. I'm saying which guns are the most powerful and the weakest in my hands. I was considering adding a load of different guns that you would probably disagree with, such as the Uzi, AK47, P90 and the Steyr AUG A1 as overpowered, and underpowered such as the Deagle (I suck with it XD ), Colt 1911, M4A1 (since the nerf I suck with it) and the Dragunov.

naw the famas's ROF is 1150 rounds per minute since it has a cyclic chambering system. the thing's a total beast :D
  • just think all the guns have there own advantages and disadvantages.
    like the uzi is pretty weak but if you jump on someone and shoot at their head you will get a headshot.
    and with the AK47 power like 5 shots kill you but they give it alot of recoil so it is harder well actually even it out.
    just stuff like that
    i do wish the FAMAS was a little stronger OR had a 40 round clip cause it's main advantage is it's the quietest gun in the game without a silencer and it's unique-ness with the 3-shot-burst.
  • just stuff like that
    FAMASis the quietest gun in the game without a silencer

Not true, Type 89 is quieter.
  • Overpowered:

1) SCAR Light - Pew Pew Dead
    2) SG - I hate random headshots and super loud shots
    3) Shovel - Long Reach, High Damage, and lagg
    4) Kriss Super V - high RoF, high power, fast reload
    5) AK47 - it's the best, but I needed something to put on #5 and this gun IS strong >.>

Underpowered:

1) Glock 18 - needs to be fully auto
    2) M9 - it just sucks
    3) MP7 - suppose to pierce armor
    4) FAMAS - it weakk
    5) M16 - it's suppose to be stronger than that!
  • O.P:
    1. scarlight
    2. kriss super v
    3. thompson
    4. k2
    5.m4a1

U.P:
    1. glock
    2. m9
    3. m16
    4.mp7
    5. mp5
  • jeaud2 wrote: »
    O.P:
    1. scarlight
    2. kriss super v
    3. thompson
    4. k2
    5.m4a1

U.P:
    1. glock
    2. m9
    3. m16
    4.mp7
    5. mp5

I find it quite surprising you have the MP5 there to be honest, it's not too bad a gun and is very easy to use.

Overpowered:

Underpowered:

the kriss is supposed to be over powered, compared to real life though its really underpowered. and glock m9 and mp7 are really underpowered, so boo :D

Overpowered:

IM JUST curious about no.5! I was about to buy this G36K over XM8 but i dont know why i got xm8 instead! I HAVE NO regrets about xm8 but shud i buy g36k? can you compare the 2 weapons? ty
  • G36K:
    Cheaper.
    Fires faster (it's the fastest firing rifle in the game I believe).
    Reloads faster.
    More accurate. The first shot is very accurate.
    This gun can be used like an SMG, in which case it outshines any other SMG in performance.
    It's zoom function is more accurate than the XM8's zoom function (XM8 zoom seems to be really off target, horribly, I think it had the spray pattern randomized more).
    Spray pattern is more predictable.

XM8:
    More powerful.
    Less recoil.
    Has more range.
    It's more effective at shooting through walls.
    This gun is great for most ranges, however at close range it is beaten by the G36K. At medium range they are on par. At long range the XM8 is superior.

Whilst the XM8 is probably better, this list is based on my opinions of guns. The G36K is probably the most controversial gun on my list, a lot of people hate it but a lot of people love it. It depends on your playing style, as the G36K is more suited as an SMG than a rifle. However, it isn't a good gun at range (unsure but I think it has a damage decrease over range). Up close though the G36K is a beast. The XM8 is more of a flexible weapon and is good for most situations. G36K is only good up close but for close range fighters it will **** over most weapons. I prefer the G36K over XM8 because I like rushing and ambushing people.
  • Okay well i agree with all of that but what happend to the AK? I used to be a Ak user (And still am) and its a great gun. But the downside of the gun is its recoil. I would replace the G36k because the Ak has great accuracy and power. Oh also another downside its reload its about 5-7 seconds but its not as bad as the Sg552
  • I would Disagree with Under and OverPowered.
    I think guns are made to suit "ur" Style of shooting.
    Nothing more.
  • Dexrulz wrote: »
    Okay well i agree with all of that but what happend to the AK? I used to be a Ak user (And still am) and its a great gun. But the downside of the gun is its recoil. I would replace the G36k because the Ak has great accuracy and power. Oh also another downside its reload its about 5-7 seconds but its not as bad as the Sg552

The AK47 reload time is very short compared to other guns such as the M4A1, SCAR Heavy and Steyr AUG A1.
  • G36K is not overpowered all of the rest are arguable =p
  • Everything on it is rite but I think k-2 is really good too
  • K2 is alright but it's drawback is the firing rate which is slow, making it weak up close.