1g0tN0skillZ Extensive Ghost Mode Guide(Global Risk Side)

13»

Comments

• A very nice guide I think. I can say that I play as well as I can with a lot of these tactics but I found them out the hard way. If you ever see in game, feel free to PM me and we could set up a match to see who can do better all right? I think it'd be a fun match!
  • It's not a glitch/bug that makes the ghosts show in the smoke. It's a simple idea of basic physics that the devs put in. It's called displacement. When a ghost enters smoke, the smoke would be displaced and leave a hole. It's rare to not have a ghost show if they run into smoke. Hopping into smoke can sometimes trick the system into not regging the smoke around you, and you stay invisible. But otherwise, the ghosts are intended to show in the smoke, and they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtJYdt9v9IM&t=6m27s
  • Gj,update it with Bio Facility and make tricks,tips and tactics for B.L. also.
  • nice guide.

Thank you.
    nice guide...

btw, the 100% gama is a myth, the ghosts brightness dosent change, only the enviroments, making it harder to sopt them if you put it up high.

also standing still can work well, half of my kills are from where a ghost has got bored of hopping towards me and tried to rush the last few feet....

also i would mutch rather use a shotty in GM, like the spas or the dual D's as they 1 shot at close range and i find that ghosts genrally try to get closy to use there melay.

as a final point ghosts cant be seen in smoke unless there is a rendering glitch (where the smoke behind them disappers), there was a patch that made the standout from all light/smoke effects but that was re-patched a long time ago, and if you throw a smoke ghosts can move freely behind it (your restricting your own line of sight)

I don´t know about you but I´ve tested the 100% gamma and it works for me.
    I don´t recommend shotguns because they make a lot of noise.
    Smoke is mainly to block a certain way for a ghost to bunnyhop, if he misses the bhop he is easier to spot.
    you can see there hair, but what im talking about is the render bug/whatever that smotimes makes it so that the smoke dissapers where the ghost it... so there is a person shaped hole in the smoke....

also i wouldnt recomend listening to breath, to do that you have to put the sound up to a volume that could damage your ears, just listen to footsetps its easyer/safer.

also you might want to add a bit into your guide telling peope too look out for radio messages like "C4 dropped" and go to defend the dropped c4.. it really windes me up when im sitting on the unplanted c4 all alone whilst my team messes around half a map away.

finaly it can be good to spray where someone dies, because youcan usauly catch the ghost before they can hop away.

I agree with almost everything you have written.
    What I don´t agree is your recommendation to not listen to breath. How can you detect a bunnyhopper without listening to his breath?
    The bold part isn't true. Max gamma does make a difference in how bright the ghosts are. At least it does for me, makes it easier for me to spot them down range.

Shotguns are decent in Ghost Mode, but they lack the accuracy for when you see one running at range.

On to the second post.

It's not a glitch/bug that makes the ghosts show in the smoke. It's a simple idea of basic physics that the devs put in. It's called displacement. When a ghost enters smoke, the smoke would be displaced and leave a hole. It's rare to not have a ghost show if they run into smoke. Hopping into smoke can sometimes trick the system into not regging the smoke around you, and you stay invisible. But otherwise, the ghosts are intended to show in the smoke, and they do.

As for not listening to breath, when I play Ghost Mode nowadays, I find that roughly 85% of all players know a vague form of the BHOP. Some are better than others, but most know it. And when they use it, the only thing that remains is the breathing. Foot steps are completely gone. And as for the damage to your ears, that's only if you use earbuds, and that's only because the origin of the sound is so close to your ear-drum, that is causes more vibration than needed. The over-ear DJ style headphones work much better, you can have the volume loud even with sprayers present, and you can still hear the breathing of ghosts, and you won't have to worry about much damage to your ears.

Agree with everything you wrote.
    ' wrote:
    DeathLess[;2700788']Max gamma all depends on your monitor. My laptop for instance needs 100 Gamma because everything is so dark and all my light settings are set to max.
    The monitor for my PC however needs around 70 because it's too bright.
    And loud volume for hearing ghosts...? Haha... And no earbuds(as in shove in your ear)? >.< They're 2nd best to over ear headphones. I've been using them for about 2 years now and my hearing is just fine.
    Now for the smoke thing, smoke only works if they flash inside. Bunnyhoppers can still hop right through without getting caught.

True ^^
    I do think however it is hard to bunnyhop through smoke and when you fail you get caught.
    A very nice guide I think. I can say that I play as well as I can with a lot of these tactics but I found them out the hard way. If you ever see in game, feel free to PM me and we could set up a match to see who can do better all right? I think it'd be a fun match!

Thank you for your comment.
    We need to play together someday,
    I agree it will be a fun match :)
    DNate54 wrote: »
    Gj,update it with Bio Facility and make tricks,tips and tactics for B.L. also.

Thank you Nate.
    I am very surprised and thankful for your comment.
    I haven't got a lot of time these days to play or even do a bio facility section but I am thinking of it and I will try to do it.
  • Nice Job. Well done.

smoking C4 doesnt help in GM if there are bunnyhoppers like some else said. It helps ghosts most times.
  • you can see there hair, but what im talking about is the render bug/whatever that smotimes makes it so that the smoke dissapers where the ghost it... so there is a person shaped hole in the smoke....

also i wouldnt recomend listening to breath, to do that you have to put the sound up to a volume that could damage your ears, just listen to footsetps its easyer/safer.

also you might want to add a bit into your guide telling peope too look out for radio messages like "C4 dropped" and go to defend the dropped c4.. it really windes me up when im sitting on the unplanted c4 all alone whilst my team messes around half a map away.

finaly it can be good to spray where someone dies, because youcan usauly catch the ghost before they can hop away.

The Smoke thing was never a glitch. The devs have been trying to find a way to get smoke to reveal ghost with out it being game breaking. I am aware of 5 noticeable changes to how smoke works over this year alone.

1. Made ghost inside smoke visible even when B hopping. (untended glitch, using smoke helmet well in smoke revealed ghost not in smoke)

2. Attempted to fix said glitch, ended up making ghost not appear at all in smoke.

3. Attempt to fix problem with number 2, worked but also made all ghost visible if next to see through objects like the glass floors in Complex and the windows in metro.

4. Attempt to change how it works again. Ended up making ghost between you and smoke visible clearly, also ghost could see through smoke with their axes.

5. Another attempt to change it. This time going back to what number 1 did but a bit more glitchy. Ghost B hopping through may not be visible sometimes.
  • MrSi*** wrote: »
    Nice Job. Well done.

smoking C4 doesnt help in GM if there are bunnyhoppers like some else said. It helps ghosts most times.

It does help to block their way to some site. (if the smoke is thrown to a specific spot)
    Thank you for your comment.
    VATAV wrote: »
    The Smoke thing was never a glitch. The devs have been trying to find a way to get smoke to reveal ghost with out it being game breaking. I am aware of 5 noticeable changes to how smoke works over this year alone.

1. Made ghost inside smoke visible even when B hopping. (untended glitch, using smoke helmet well in smoke revealed ghost not in smoke)

2. Attempted to fix said glitch, ended up making ghost not appear at all in smoke.

3. Attempt to fix problem with number 2, worked but also made all ghost visible if next to see through objects like the glass floors in Complex and the windows in metro.

4. Attempt to change how it works again. Ended up making ghost between you and smoke visible clearly, also ghost could see through smoke with their axes.

5. Another attempt to change it. This time going back to what number 1 did but a bit more glitchy. Ghost B hopping through may not be visible sometimes.

You know a lot more than I about that subject and I´m learning each time you comment.
    +1

• Thank you Nate.
    I am very surprised and thankful for your comment.
    I haven't got a lot of time these days to play or even do a bio facility section but I am thinking of it and I will try to do it.
    yw if you need any help you can count on me
  • Excellent guide.

Excellent guide.
    For the more experienced in this mode to read this guide can be an asset.
    Learn something more is never harmful.

but hey if they are such a good GM players as they say, let's wait for the Ghost Mode Tournament :)

Ign: Rattu
    [*UnKn0wn_*] Leader
    F11 F11 1g0tn0skillZ HA.CK F11 F11 LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • Gonna look for you via crossfire, nice tips---this should help beginners who take their time to read the forums... :)
  • R_4ttu wrote: »
    Excellent guide.

F11 F11 1g0tn0skillZ HA.CK F11 F11 LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

every single time
  • Yeah nice guide if i could like it i would...
  • Another guide for this:
    Get rpk gold
    Spray and pray.
  • great guide!

I knew most of the spots, but i also learned 1 new one and some good strats.
  • GR_Roid wrote: »
    Another guide for this:
    Get rpk gold
    Spray and pray.
    *hI FIVes*
    Heellllzz yeah.
  • Nice guide. One thing though, what about shotguns? I've never tried with a sniper because honestly, I can't be calm enough to use one here, with any skilled ghost you won't be able to get a clear shot at them, sure pistols are great and all, but I don't like having to rely on them often.

Once I get my M4-Silver I'll start using this.
  • A lot of these "tips" are just your own preferences and common sense.
    For example, shifting around ghosts, your "best spots", not using flashes, etc.
    You can't teach common sense.

Also, madanki has already created a GM guide. Beginners should go for that, not this.
  • 'pope wrote:
    aL[;3668827']nice guide.

he's inactive but as good i know him he would say thanks :)
  • Say this is a guide for begginers to explain why u say vent camp for every map. But also says use a sniper. I havent seen a good gm sniper in years probably but they would never face a good bl.

Pinpointing from higher/lower angles is way harder then on flatground. So you basically tell people to go where they cant pinpoint well at all.

This guide is for ghost that just run around all visable and definetley not worth camping against if u want to rack up as many kills as u can.

Are you camping somewhere that has 3 entrances?!
    watch out they can come from these entrances! Here are some arrows in case u dont know where they are. Wow.

This seems like just an obvious guide telling noobs to do what they are already doing.

Lab- going b? vent camp
    going a? base camp and stare at vent entrance

that seems like every room ever.
  • Guides like these are just a waste of time... No theory at all. But then again, obviously others appreciate them...
This discussion has been closed.