CFNA Top 10 Rankings

13»

Comments

• CFS 2017 was definitely one of the more uneventful CFS tournaments. Aside from the upset that STDX pulled off in the group stage, nearly the rest of the tournament became a snore-fest very quickly. Just about everybody knew which teams to keep their eyes on which were BD, PM, SV and maybe to a lesser extent EVA Team as well because eventually their region (2nd most popular CF region) had to start somewhat performing upto their potential along with the fact that they got strong enough just in time for CFS ... (beating Boss at the NF, taking a map off of both BD and SV during CFSI meant they were very well prepared but more so than people give credit for)

There were hardly any close games to be had at CFS last year compared this year at CFGI and PM was moderately stronger than they were back then no thanks to RGxM (RGM from TNC Pro Team at CFGI 2017 for those who don't know) but it was absolutely far out from a certainty that they would come out on top when the team that they struggled against most (Q9) had a notable handicap to work with since they lost a player due to contractual obligations ...

CFS 2017 was practically a one sided affair compared to past CFS tournaments. CFS 2015 and CFS 2016 IMO were easily the best out of both competitiveness and among other surprises for viewership or spectating but CFGI 2018 on the other hand was on another level of full of on edge matches with at least 8/15 group stage matches being either 10/8 or going into overtime (I think this maybe a new record too) and there weren't a bunch of weak teams standing in the way like CFS 2017 ... (F3, iNs, KOWAI, LK, ruL and XcN)

The only disappointing thing that I can think of about CFGI 2018 were the finals where the point leading upto it wasn't anywhere near as good ...

if you say so we gonna go with that :)
  • bAZiNGAK93 wrote: »

xd

no point talking about competitive on cf forums

Didn't really need to be said, just look at the stats as outlined by x0tek. It shows you how weak most of the competition were at CFS 2017 compared to CFGI 2018 ... ;)

• Didn't really need to be said, just look at the stats as outlined by x0tek. It shows you how weak most of the competition were at CFS 2017 compared to CFGI 2018 ... ;)

You dont take certain things in count thats your problem . CFGI was boring cause u knew whos gonna be eliminated and whos gonna win. Simple as that + all the teams playing with their initial lineups or having some other problems. Just how often a Team threw shows you what happened on this Event. But im too tired of explaining to players that prob never went to a Lan or have topteam experience . It's like talking to Thoorin. Completely useless

You dont take certain things in count thats your problem . CFGI was boring cause u knew whos gonna be eliminated and whos gonna win. Simple as that + all the teams playing with their initial lineups or having some other problems. Just how often a Team threw shows you what happened on this Event. But im too tired of explaining to players that prob never went to a Lan or have topteam experience . It's like talking to Thoorin. Completely useless

I mean, to be completely honest, I think CFS was more predictable than CFGI was. If I was a spectator, I never would have thought the finals wouldn't include a Chinese team much less not include AG. PM have always lost to every Chinese team (not because they are necessarily worse than those teams, but because they always had something "blocking them" from winning against various Chinese teams when they probably should) so I would never have thought they would be 1st in groups much less beat a Chinese team to make it to the finals. I would have probably predicted the top 4 to be AG, PM, BD, and maybe Q9? because regardless of them losing K to AG, they're still a Chinese team and it's hard to predict them not at least making the top 4 in a round robin style tournament. In CFS, because it isn't round robin, it's much harder to be accurate with predictions, but SV winning was a snoozefest because it's easy to guess. PM getting 3rd is a classic, VN getting 2nd again isn't too surprising, etc. Although CFS did have some great matches to watch, overall I think the majority of the matches weren't that exciting. The most surprising things in the tournament was probably NA getting top 4 and BD getting eliminated in groups because they unluckily had to go against SV twice.

Also, as x0tek said, the majority of the matches were very tight games which is exciting to view. I don't understand how you can be bored by that but not say you were bored by SV winning CFS? Objectively, I think besides the fact that CFGI was missing SV, it had to be the one of the best tournaments to watch of all time (except the lopsided finals of course). If we had put up a better finals performance, then it probably would be the #1 most entertaining tournament in my eyes. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though and so if you don't see it this way, then it's all good. That's just my POV.
  • xfamOusx wrote: »

I mean, to be completely honest, I think CFS was more predictable than CFGI was. If I was a spectator, I never would have thought the finals wouldn't include a Chinese team much less not include AG. PM have always lost to every Chinese team (not because they are necessarily worse than those teams, but because they always had something "blocking them" from winning against various Chinese teams when they probably should) so I would never have thought they would be 1st in groups much less beat a Chinese team to make it to the finals. I would have probably predicted the top 4 to be AG, PM, BD, and maybe Q9? because regardless of them losing K to AG, they're still a Chinese team and it's hard to predict them not at least making the top 4 in a round robin style tournament. In CFS, because it isn't round robin, it's much harder to be accurate with predictions, but SV winning was a snoozefest because it's easy to guess. PM getting 3rd is a classic, VN getting 2nd again isn't too surprising, etc. Although CFS did have some great matches to watch, overall I think the majority of the matches weren't that exciting. The most surprising things in the tournament was probably NA getting top 4 and BD getting eliminated in groups because they unluckily had to go against SV twice.

Also, as x0tek said, the majority of the matches were very tight games which is exciting to view. I don't understand how you can be bored by that but not say you were bored by SV winning CFS? Objectively, I think besides the fact that CFGI was missing SV, it had to be the one of the best tournaments to watch of all time (except the lopsided finals of course). If we had put up a better finals performance, then it probably would be the #1 most entertaining tournament in my eyes. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though and so if you don't see it this way, then it's all good. That's just my POV.

hauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

CFGI was boring cause u knew whos gonna be eliminated and whos gonna win.

Umm, only you are pushing this narrative. Only a minority predicted that Carbon would've made it to the semi-finals and BD on the other hand wouldn't considering they actually won an international title before. Before the tournament even started, AG was viewed as the overwhelming favourite to be champions of CFGI 2018 considering their pedigree of players being frequent world champions and nearly next to nobody predicted that BOTH chinese teams would be eliminated either ...

Almost certain that this is just your confirmation bias talking at this point ... ;)
    Simple as that + all the teams playing with their initial lineups or having some other problems. Just how often a Team threw shows you what happened on this Event. But im too tired of explaining to players that prob never went to a Lan or have topteam experience . It's like talking to Thoorin. Completely useless

"Simple as that" and "how often a team threw", eh ? LOLOL, this is coming from an egotistical brat that's been on a team that hasn't performed well since last year and who's most likely just salty that he didn't get invited to the event ... :rolleyes:

Why don't you do us all favour and see if you can beat any of the returning teams at CFS this year from CFGI and then maybe we'll take your opinions seriously, hahaha ...

Just who the hell do you think you are to be insolent enough to crap talk about ANY of the CFGI teams (3 of which who have already attained world championship status with another team consisting of players who have won international tournaments before) when you yourself have NOTHING to show for it in your records during since the time you appeared in world competitions ?

You're right, it is completely useless discussing this with you since no amount of experience from LAN or top teams will fix both how self-centered and ignorant you are about the rest of the CrossFire competitive scene ...

"I don't take into account certain things being my problem" is absolutely rich! :D (this is coming from a guy who's capable of pushing out posts that are of less value than the space that's used to stored it in the sever as shown in the other thread)
  • Haha, you responded exactly like how I expected from a sore loser like yourself that's in denial. "Who cares if they have players that attained world championship status ?" You mean like SV did ? Underperformed ? LOL, keep being delusional ...

You think taking off maps twice from SV is something special ? Guess what buddy, there's also a team that did it too AND more by actually winning the championship unlike you who STILL has NOTHING to show for it!

Instead of being the biggest trash talker, how about you and your team actually win some international tournaments then maybe you can afford to crap about the other teams ... (you poor egocentric infant)

And are you actually daft enough to compare CS to CF ? Just some more dumb posts coming out of you show just how much more clueless you can get ...
  • Alright guys, settle down or I will have to be forced to close this thread.