Wave Mode Experience

So guys for wave mode, how do you level up quickly, and i don't mean inside of the game, I'm talking about the levels you get for the gems, where the maximum is 30.
Sometimes I level up in 1 game, and other times i barely gain any experience from games, can y'all make some sense out of this?
Much appreciated.

PS: I posted this in support, and asked for it to be moved here by a MOD, but they're too active to do it so rip.

Comments

• All i know is the more u play wave mode u more u lvl up, just be sure to play with the team that wins and have most 30 lvls with, avoid those balance on, cause u may chosen in the wrong side and u will lose and ur rank will go near go down, but never notice that u go down 1 lvl if u lose, so i think u will be in the bottom or near bottom of that lvl if u lose, keep winning and i think its about u kill more+play time and u get more exp as well and great items allow u to lvl up much faster, problem is wave mode are hard to find these days even for me, i want to go to lvl 30 like my old acc, good luck
  • it depends on ur score on the game - the time of that game so that's why some games u will get more exp than the others.
  • When this mode was released, i just played a lot of TDM with 100kills limit minimum. And it was not so long to level up. In fact i find the progress similar to ZM3 in term of time. Now the problem for me and since a while is to get cards in every mode : TDM/Wave/SD lol

I'm not ok to say that unbalanced games are the best to do it, i've done the strict reverse to avoid farmers rooms. You will level up slower if you win each time but with not so many kills, that if you get a lot of kills with less wins. Farmers will generally wait that you destroy the health bar of opponents before finishing them in one shot. And the gameplay is less funny by the way.
  • Time is an important factor too. You may have decent bot, player and tower kills but if it was a 10 minute game it will not provide much xp.
  • the thing that gets me on the exp bar for that 30 level thing i've noticed it sitting at random spots after matches. Like Match 1 it'll be 1/4 of the way, match 2 it will show 3/5s of the way, then in match 3 it'll be back down to like 1/5 of the way on the bar. like it jumps around instead of actually progressing. Now I've mainly noticed that while playing SS S&D since it's actually playable compared to Wave and the compacted spam fest that is SS TD.

I might have some pics showing this....if not I'll have to grab some the next time it's worth playing any of these modes (aka an event. although again SS S&D ain't too bad)
  • Ixith wrote: »
    the thing that gets me on the exp bar for that 30 level thing i've noticed it sitting at random spots after matches. Like Match 1 it'll be 1/4 of the way, match 2 it will show 3/5s of the way, then in match 3 it'll be back down to like 1/5 of the way on the bar. like it jumps around instead of actually progressing. Now I've mainly noticed that while playing SS S&D since it's actually playable compared to Wave and the compacted spam fest that is SS TD.

I might have some pics showing this....if not I'll have to grab some the next time it's worth playing any of these modes (aka an event. although again SS S&D ain't too bad)

I forgot about that. The progress bar totally hops around confusing you. Can confirm.
  • Ixith wrote: »
    the thing that gets me on the exp bar for that 30 level thing i've noticed it sitting at random spots after matches. Like Match 1 it'll be 1/4 of the way, match 2 it will show 3/5s of the way, then in match 3 it'll be back down to like 1/5 of the way on the bar. like it jumps around instead of actually progressing. Now I've mainly noticed that while playing SS S&D since it's actually playable compared to Wave and the compacted spam fest that is SS TD.

I've had that happen to me too, but I believe it's just a visual bug, since I start with a (let's say) 3/4 full bar, I play a couple of games and it falls down to 1/4 and on the next match I level up.
  • ghoster1 wrote: »
    So guys for wave mode, how do you level up quickly, and i don't mean inside of the game, I'm talking about the levels you get for the gems, where the maximum is 30.
    Sometimes I level up in 1 game, and other times i barely gain any experience from games, can y'all make some sense out of this?
    Much appreciated.

PS: I posted this in support, and asked for it to be moved here by a MOD, but they're too active to do it so rip.

GET GUD! Thats how you level up faster :P

Play more (obv..), and go for more kills over rushing the towers and ending the game quick. Basically keep farming bots and kills. This isn't confirmed but I think gun kills are worth more exp/gp than special skill kills. I played medic all the way until I got level 30 and medic doesn't get you a lot of kills.
    Mabohoho wrote: »
    All i know is the more u play wave mode u more u lvl up, just be sure to play with the team that wins and have most 30 lvls with, avoid those balance on, cause u may chosen in the wrong side and u will lose and ur rank will go near go down, but never notice that u go down 1 lvl if u lose, so i think u will be in the bottom or near bottom of that lvl if u lose, keep winning and i think its about u kill more+play time and u get more exp as well and great items allow u to lvl up much faster, problem is wave mode are hard to find these days even for me, i want to go to lvl 30 like my old acc, good luck

We can de-rank in wave mode? I haven't played it in a min but I don't think we de-rank... Only up!
    Xiang917 wrote: »
    it depends on ur score on the game - the time of that game so that's why some games u will get more exp than the others.

Yes. A 12-15 (or longer) min game guarantees you a prize as well - that is, assuming you spent 12-15 min in the game and not joining late.