The Ultimate Melee Guide

14567810»

Comments

• Well..ok or u can go play a few games with armor on :)
  • rickyYEAH wrote: »
    Well..ok or u can go play a few games with armor on :)

If you think they're different, why not give me the right stats?

Simple.
  • :( don't like doing work in morning, feel bad if i kill people this early. ;Bandicam and fraps make me lagg but I can get u weird weapon damages stats on an camera ,if u can believe I didn't edit them. Will play ac whole day can get vid done by next Monday .

edit : im a dumb ass tell me how you put up the screen shots? first game and i found that nightmare blade can do 52:) and i have a screenshot of it. and some other damages for kris variant and axe normal. i saw them but forgot how to take screen shots 3 min ago..
  • policebatton.png
    2.9.1 Police Batton
    damagestatspicpolicebat.png
    Use of the Police Baton:

The police batton is an amazing melee, it has got a very fast slash, you are literally able to spam slashes, like a chainsaw.. and it's quite accurate! The stab isn't that great, it has an annoying animation, so it makes it really hard to predict when it actually hits the enemy.
    The pull-out time is fine, the weight of the melee is fine too. All in all, it's just a fantastic melee to have fun, but I wouldn't recommend making it to your main melee, because there are way better ones.

+ You can spam slashes
    + Accurate slash
    +- Annoying stab
    +- Pull-out time

VideoButton_zps0175e0ce.png

cooltext4.png

shovelnormalrdhw.png
    2.10.1 Shovel & Variants
    damagestatspicshovel.png
    Use of the Shovel:

Well, this melee has been called "OP" for a very long time, you got called a "noob" for using it a very long time, until the Kukri replaced its job for that. The Shovel isn't really over-powered, there are by far many other melees which do a better job.
    The only thing which is good at the shovel is its stab, which is really fast and wide-ranged, but that's it. Okay, the pull-out time is fast, but there is no other advantage you have with the shovel! The slash is slow and does low damage!
    In general you can't really say more to the shovel, because the only thing you do with it is to spam the right-click and yea.. that's it.

+ Fast stab
    + Wide- ranged stab
    + Fast pull-out time
    - Slow slash
    - Low damage-making slash

cooltext4.png

wrench.png
    2.11.1 Wrench
    damagestatspicwrench.png
    Use of the Wrench:

The Wrench is comparable to the Axe, because it has the same accurate slash , but with dealing only 88 damage to the enemy through a bulletproof- helmet. The stab has got a wider hit-range than the axe, and does 100 damage at every part of the body.
    There is nothing more to say really, it costs 60 Coupons which is incredible expensive in comparison to other melees, if you got useless coupons and like melees - definitely get it - otherwise, just buy an axe. They are the same thing in general.

+ Fast slash
    + Accurate slash
    + Wide-ranged stab
    - Slow pull-out time
    (-- Incredible expensive)

cooltext4.png
    some one show me how to get these stuff?
  • wait I thought Kukri has a greater range than the axe does? o.O

Also for GM

Axe Guide:

First: get a clan, or if you have another pc that can run cf, skip to Third.

Second: find a noob in that clan and have him a.f..k so that you can kill him

Third: get an axe

Fourth: Have your 'cow' sitting at respawn. What you do is you bhop in a straight line to him, and try to left-click on his head during your bhop. If you snapped out or the person is alive then you messed up, and go back some distance and try again.

Fifth: Keep on trying until you can hit his head without snapping out 13/13 times.

Sixth: Get an auto-c****** or just have something weighing down on the keyboard so that the person is moving in a straight line. Or have your cow do it. Then, try to bhop from the opposite, same, and sideways direction. Master the 0,180,30,60 degrees and then if you had been using another pc, now's the time to find a clan.

Seventh: Get someone from your clan to run around, preferably in the big middle space in lab, and try to kill him. DO NOT USE RIGHT CLICK. If you hit body it is ok just try to hit head. Don't have your clanmate shooting at you.... for now

Eighth: When you can hit head most of the time, (it is extremely hard to do it 13/13 times without either hitting 60, 40 or forgot to press space bar.) find a clanmate who can play GM. Do 1 vs 1 with him. In this step make sure you take the usual GM percautions and rules. For ex. no plant, stay in the middle, and dont run around. Try to 1 tap him. No more than 2 clicks every 'encounter.' If you die, it's ok. Cuz your gonna get tons of kills in pub. Be sure that if your confident, ask your clanmate to go into the area with lots of boxes and on the ramp. This will allow you to practice bhopping around obstacles, and up a ramp at the same time.

Ninth: After you master that, get 2 clanmates on gr, and repeat. It would be best if you can kill them in close succession. This is probably the hardest step, as perfect timing is required. They will likely stay close together, and if you dont kill them one after another, there is a high chance that the survivor will shoot you down. So time your hit so that you can hit 2 clicks for 2.

Tenth: Go pub. (Not now though. Wait for febuary patch, cuz every 2/3 rounds the whole bl team is gonna get headshotted by someone with 300 ping.) Playing clan wars also helps a lot and there is less ha.kers there than in pub.

Additional note: This guide assumes that you have a good mastery of the axe (you should be able to hit 2.0+ kd in knife SnD matches before attempting) and you have mastered bhop (Not the noob br hop but the one where you can turn around corners, and not take damage when jumping down from high places). Also, you should have some GM sense before doing this. (For example dont rush people when there is like 6 of them together, and dont go into the vent with bomb)

Other than that, good luck. This guide is not meant to be mastered in a month. It should take about a year of consistent practice. (1 hour everyday just spent on this)

If you get frustrated, go to Sewers and do a couple games and come back. You should be getting at least a 4.0+ Kdr in tdm knife matches so if your kd gets too low from training, feel free to 'farm' it up lol.

*Alliteration
  • 2. Damage stats / Techniques / Abilitys & Use of each melee
    axenormalcompi.png
    2.1.1 Axe Normal

damagesatsaxenormal.png

Use of the Axe:
    First of all, the Axe is a great melee. It has got a very accurate slash, not a wide one, which is perfect to aim for the head (that's maybe the reason why you see so many Axe users slashing the head)
    It does not the highest damage while slashing, but it still does 100 Damage through a bullet-proof helmet, which is the biggest advantage and feature the axe has, because no other melee got this feature.
    The right-click (stab) is not the best - it isn't a 1HK everywhere like all other melees (except the Knife). This is still not the biggest disadvantage a melee could have, because it's very rare that you just do 80 damage to your enemy, because
    the Axe tends to hit the body more often even if you don't focus/aim on it. The pull-out speed is compared to other melees really slow, but this
    is only important in situations where you really need the melee in gun matches. You can counter gangers with it easily, also the step-back is very easy thanks to the accurate slash.

My own opinion to the Axe is that it's just awesome - I think it's the smartest melee, it saves you in many situations! There was a permanent Axe available for 50 Coupons a while ago, but now it's only temporary available which is really sad.
    This move wasn't healthy to the knifing community, many people I knew left the game, because they wanted a permanent axe so bad, but then it just disappeared. In knife only rooms, there are more knife-users now, which makes the whole thing just boring.
    Even the 90 Day Axe for 15 Coupons was very nice to have, but we have to move on and at least we've got even a better axe available in ZP Crates now!

The Xmas Axe is like the normal one, which surprised me quite a bit, but then again this axe has been released since quite a long time and they started to release 1HK Axes just some time ago.

The Octane Axe made me really wonder - I mean, it is a limited ZP Crate Axe and it got the same stats as the normal Axe.. this fact disappointed me quite a bit, because I thought it is like the other Axes like Royal, Rose and WCG. It's still a good Axe and besides this it's also a permanent one. So if you didn't get a normal permanent Axe, then definetely get this, as long as you don't have another 1HK Axe.

So all in all we can say, that

+ It has a very accurate slash
    + You can counter ganger quite easily
    + You can compete with competitive players
    +- Doesn't do 1 HK while stabbing on the leg/feet/arm/hand, although it's rare
    - The stab and slash both haven't got a wide hit-range
    - Slow pull-out time

cooltext4.png

axebettercompi.png
    2.1.2 Axe Rose / Royal / WCG

damagestatsaxevariantsr.png

I'm listing the "reskins" of the Axe in a extra part, because they are actually different. They are different in a positive way, which makes them worth buying/getting, but most of these are either available for a limited time or already got removed.

These Axes do more damage while slashing and stabbing - the more damage while slashing isn't the important part, because you are dealing like 70/80 damage (10 damage more), the interesting part is the right-click attack! These Axes are a 1 Hit Kill everywhere!! This makes them (in my opinion) to the best melees in the game, because no other melees does 100 damage to a bullet-proof helmet and does a 1HK right-click.

It is the same in all other parts, though I'm not yet sure if they have the same speeds while slashing, etc. but we will test it and I'm pretty sure they're the same.

The only disadvantage is the small hit-range it has, unlike the Kukri, but I think with some practice it is manageable. So, get the WCG Axe for thousands of days!

cooltext4.png

brassiesfists.png
    2.2.1 Brass Knuckles & Warmonger Fists
    damagestatsbrassiesandf.png

Use of the Brass Knuckles:

The Brass Knuckles are all in all a good melee! The slash isn't that strong, but it's really fast, so you can knock out your enemy really fast! The stab is a one-hit everywhere,
    which is a really good thing, it has a good hit-range, not that wide like on the Kukri or Katana, but still somewhere in between the Baton and Kukri! However, the stab is just really fast, if you are used to any other melee you will need some time to get used
    to its fast stab, it's like twice as fast as most other melees, e.g the axe. The pull-out time is also quite fast, but now let's talk about the only disadvantage... You feel like you're walking with a rucksack full of stones, in other words, you're really slow with them.
    You're still faster than with the Katana, but still, those Knuckles are really heavy!

+ Ridiculously fast slash
    + Ridiculously fast stab
    + Fast pull-out speed
    +- Hit-range
    - You're really slow with them
    - Low slash damage

Use of the Warmonger Fists:

You can use the Fists just like the Brass Knuckles, just that the Fists are slower in every aspect, that they only have a range of 2,75m (according to GodsGunman) and have a different appearance. They do the same damage, everything is the same except those things stated above.

cooltext4.png

katanaboth2.png
    2.3.1 Katana & Variants
    damagestatskatanaallrig.png

Use of the Katana:

Well, the Katana. Let's say it in the beginning : it's not the best melee. The slash speed is just ridiculously slow, the slash doesn't do a 1HK to the head , it's just not powerfull. The only thing that could make the
    bad thing about the slash good is the stab, but the stab is not that good either. Of course, it has a very wide hit-range, but you're just very slow while holding down the right click and the enemy can just give you a headshot or jump towards you. The bad thing is, you're slow while running with the katana anyway..
    Until you really hit the enemy with the stab, it takes also quite long. The pull-out time, (how surprising), is also slow.. So, all in all, it's just a bad melee. Of course, it can be handled, but an axer has an easy game with you and your katana. (I would really recommend using the knife instead of this.)

+ Wide hit-range
    + 1 HK everywhere while stabbing
    - Slow stab
    - Slow slash
    - Low damage while slashing
    - Slow pull-out time
    - You're really slow with it

cooltext4.png

kniferegular.png
    2.4.1 Knife Normal
    damagestatspicknifenorm.png

Use of the Knife:

Okay, let's come to our basic knife ,(and in my opinion the melee which makes the most fun to play with )! Most people think that the knife is just bad, but, in fact it's better than most other melees. The knife does good damage to your enemies, the slash damages are comparable to a shovel,
    the stab isn't a 1HK to the foot/hand/leg, it is a 1HK to the head and the body (Sometimes!) if you stab the enemy while you crouch,run or jump. Damage-wise it's just a nerfed Shovel,
    speed-wise it's an improved shovel! Its slash is reeeaally fast, you can make two slashes to the head/body easily so you can kill the enemy instantly, the stab is really fast too. Both slash and stab are really accurate, especially the stab!
    It's a easy thing to stab the head, and get a instant kill! The fast pull-out time is just amazing, additionally the knock-back time is really low!! And you can run extremely fast with it.

In my opinion this melee is just too underestimated, although half of the CF community uses it xD It's amazing if you start practicing with it and just play with your knife!

+ Fast slash
    + Fast stab
    + Fast pull-out time
    + Low knock-back time
    + Accurate stab and slash
    + You can run very fast with it
    + You don't have to pay to get it nor invest any time
    - Most of the times low damage
    - You can get beaten by an axer/etc. easily (because of the 1hit slash they have)

and it just makes fun to get kills with it.

cooltext4.png

fix the damage image
  • The axe deals 80 to body sometimes...And you should update the axe LD..
  • Woow very nice Melees and information here
  • G_Sus wrote: »
    Woow very nice Melees and information here

thanks buddie, the whole thing should get a revamp though :)
  • Thank you again for this dope guide.
    Now that theres a new melee, guide needs an update! Waiting for it :3
  • BamesJond wrote: »
    Thank you again for this dope guide.
    Now that theres a new melee, guide needs an update! Waiting for it :3

Axe Legendary Dragon and Boxing Gloves FTW!!
  • I might make a complete new one.. I'm not sure yet since it takes quite an effort.. but I basically have already every meelee, only a few are missing so I might do it. :)
  • I thought there were gonna be videos. >:(
  • I thought there were gonna be videos. >:(

Yeah me too, but reviews are really time consuming.. :/
  • This washelpful and I recently won the xmas axe and am kind of disappointed that it has no added advantage just a re-skin.
  • Yeah me too, but reviews are really time consuming.. :/

Then find more time. Everyone needs those reviews.
  • Genesis_GM wrote: »
    This washelpful and I recently won the xmas axe and am kind of disappointed that it has no added advantage just a re-skin.

this. Fck this really. Normal axe with reskin. DAFUQ ?!?!
  • 1. Random Facts / Explaining Words

Random Facts:

allmelleeecompppiiiam.png

Current Melee Weapons Count : 24

spacebarra.png

Explaining words:

GANG : Group of people attacking one single person.

STAB : The right-click attack.

SLASH: The left-click attack.

KNOCKBACK: If you e.g. slash, and the time needed to do another slash/stab.

DEFENCE: If you wait for the opponents attack, so you can counter it with the step-back.

OFFENSE: If you rush and want to stress the enemy.

JUMP: If you jump and try to stab the enemy while jumping.

AC: Armor.

1HK: 1-Hit-Kill.

2HK: 2-Hit-Kill.

Brassies: Brass Knuckles.

OP: Over-powered.

spacebarra.png

Time To add the Kukri Gold And Maybe the Boxing Gloves that're won from ZM..
  • Aboul3elaa wrote: »
    Time To add the Kukri Gold And Maybe the Boxing Gloves that're won from ZM..

Me and nonnen will bring this up into the testing.