Tournies?

Since non of you probably know me, I've been with cf for 5 years though but never with competitive, I'm getting into it now. What do you think about me making a website and hosting tournaments every few months for ZP awards? I am going to be making about 4-500 a week and have nothing to spend about half of it on each week lol. Put your opinions, I would take some trust worthy people from these forums to be staff and get it all together. I would just like to know what you would think about it and if it would be worth trying or how many will participate.

Comments

• headddddddheaddddddd Apprentice
    just make ur own tourney with prizes. But dont joke around with money, i mean its still money why waste it on a game, use ur money wisely.
  • Whats_UpWhats_Up Knight-Errant
    leyHEAD wrote: »
    just make ur own tourney with prizes. But dont joke around with money, i mean its still money why waste it on a game, use ur money wisely.

I know I was only talking about like 10k zp per person on the team. Sometimes bigger prizes.
  • TCLQwertyTCLQwerty Holy Mage
    i suggest you do not do any tournaments. especially at this time. But maybe later on you should.

and yes use your money wisely. it is nice of you to offer though :)

but if you want to you should and could no one is stopping you! but make sure you are organized b4 yo do anything/ post anything.

but besides that WELCOME to the competitive side! :) lol
  • That'd be nice. Revive SOME competition in it. :P

We could team up I suppose.

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=216699
  • Invest your money into getting an anticheat
    banksonpCp wrote: »
    Invest your money into getting an anticheat

I know some coders that could make me one for free probably. Most that you pay for are honestly not worth it. If I do host them we will be using a working anti-cheat for sure :)

Jorrich3 wrote: »
    That'd be nice. Revive SOME competition in it. :P

We could team up I suppose.

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=216699

Add me on xfire we can talk: cfjosh
  • Whats_Up wrote: »
    I know some coders that could make me one for free probably. Most that you pay for are honestly not worth it. If I do host them we will be using a working anti-cheat for sure :)

Add me on xfire we can talk: cfjosh

So get on it and get this tournament going. :)
    Whats_Up wrote: »

If you actually do get that coder to make a decent anti cheat then this actually may turn out well. :) lol
    banksonpCp wrote: »
    So get on it and get this tournament going. :)

I will, I'm going to get in touch with the coders tonight or tomorrow and talk to them about the anti-cheat. :)

F4FQwerty wrote: »
    If you actually do get that coder to make a decent anti cheat then this actually may turn out well. :) lol

He should do it, I may have to pay him a little but it will be one that works good :)
    I will, I'm going to get in touch with the coders tonight or tomorrow and talk to them about the anti-cheat. :)

He should do it, I may have to pay him a little but it will be one that works good :)

well if it works out lets talk ! Lol :)
  • lionheartxolionheartxo Holy Knight
    You've been with cf for 5 years? 2012-5 = 2007, as far as I'm aware crossfire wasn't even heard of in 2007!

Invest your money into something worthwhile, not this worthless game.
    Well I meant 4 years and something months, lol. I've been here since November of '08.
  • You've been with cf for 5 years? 2012-5 = 2007, as far as I'm aware crossfire wasn't even heard of in 2007!

Invest your money into something worthwhile, not this worthless game.

slaya let him be :(
  • doop51doop51 Royal Heir
    Since non of you probably know me, I've been with cf for 5 years though but never with competitive, I'm getting into it now. What do you think about me making a website and hosting tournaments every few months for ZP awards? I am going to be making about 4-500 a week and have nothing to spend about half of it on each week lol. Put your opinions, I would take some trust worthy people from these forums to be staff and get it all together. I would just like to know what you would think about it and if it would be worth trying or how many will participate.

5 years huh. It's cool that you played even before the closed beta. I've never met an alpha tester before.
    Well I meant 4 years and something months, lol. I've been here since November of '08.

Try 3 years and some months. I know math is hard, so don't forget to use your fingers and toes.
    Try 3 years and some months. I know math is hard, so don't forget to use your fingers and toes.

lol >:) ima big boi i dont have to use my toes! :) ( i use other people's toes ) jaja

I estimated. An estimation would make it 4 years, I'm not going to be exact and say 3 years and 8 months.
    I estimated. An estimation would make it 4 years, I'm not going to be exact and say 3 years and 8 months.

So 4 years and something months isn't your estimate?

The "and something months" means 4+ years, where as "3 years and some months" like I proposed means 3+ years.

Not looking good. No reading comprehension. Difficulty counting. Are you sure you are ready to host tournaments?

The "and something months" means 4+ years, where as "3 years and some months" like I proposed means 3+ years.

Not looking good. No reading comprehension. Difficulty counting. Are you sure you are ready to host tournaments?

lol leave the poor guy alone :P aah
  • hobberthobbert Holy Knight
    well if it works out lets talk ! Lol :)
    lol >:) ima big boi i dont have to use my toes! :) ( i use other people's toes ) jaja
    lol leave the poor guy alone :P aah

Stop spamming the forums you inconvenient nerd.

When the website's finished and the anti-cheat is made you'll see. :) Just because I didn't take the time to do the math of how long I've played doesn't mean I'm going to do a bad job at hosting tournaments. If you don't like them don't sign up.
  • Whats_Up wrote: »
    Most that you pay for are honestly not worth it.

so you're going to use a free one and it's going to be better?
    dagdemoN wrote: »
    so you're going to use a free one and it's going to be better?

Yes, when it is made by good coders.