How to awm

I posted this in the CrossFire Barracks on somebody's thread and I figured hey, this might help some people out, because I'm pretty good at sniping.

HOW TO AWM:

1. Get an AWM. Got it? Roger that.

2. Never stand in front of an enemy with your AWM, they won't wait for you to aim at them.

3. If you can, jump around corners, crouch, and scope (all within about a second) because this usually can catch people off-guard. It's kinda hard to explain, but I do it a lot.

4. A lot of the time AWMing is all about reaction speed. Practice by having a friend stand behind a corner of a box or something, aim slightly to the side of the box, and tell them to run/jump out from behind the box and shoot them. A lot of AWM kills happen like that.

5. Practice flick shots. Flick shots are when, say, you zoom in and someone is right to the left of your crosshair. You execute a hyper-advanced "flick" motion (lol) with your wrist to the left and shoot at the same time, hopefully hitting them. It's another thing that is hard to explain.

6. If someone is right in front of you, don't bother to zoom in. Just pretend you have a crosshair and shoot them. It's this crazy thing called a no-scope.

7. Once again, don't stand still. Move around all the time EXCEPT when you're shooting. You only need to stand still for a split second for the shot to be 100% accurate, so practice strafing, then stopping and zooming in at the same time.

8. If someone is getting too close for comfort, whip out your deagle. Aim at head level and JUAN-DEAG them. It's pretty easy once you get used to it. If you don't have a desert eagle, I recommend it as a sniper's secondary weapon.

9. A good way to maximize your kills and hopefully minimize you getting instantaneously owned is by being really annoying. To do this, pop out around a corner and stop running, and zoom in at the same time, shoot, then pop out of view again. This takes a lot of practice to get good at. One of the many things about sniping that is hard to explain.

Anyway, I hope this helps, coming from a pretty good sniper (I think...).

Comments