Better votekick

Hey guys

So this is how it works.

When you press votekick you see all players name, not only the one in your team. Kinda like this:

5G0j2.jpg

after every name it says [0/11] let me explain this to you

the 0 is the players who voted to kick him/her and the 11 is the number of players needed to kick him/her.

So if you vote for one it will change to [1/11] and if more people vote it will change to [4/11].

When you vote to kick someone the normal window doesn't comes up, instant a chat message comes like this:

koKyE.jpg

maybe in red and bigger so everybody sees it.

There are several reasons for this new kickvote system.

• Some people said that they are annoyed by the window. With this system there is no reason and people will stop to press f11 because they don't want to see that window.
  • This way we can kick more peoples at the same time too. Sometimes a hacker joins a game and starts the kickvote and then he begins to hack and others can't kick him because the is already a votekick running.
  • With this new system you can also kick people from other teams. Sometimes a team doesn't kicks the hacker because they don't want to lose the mission, this way you can start a vote and kick the hacker.

Now you will think that people will abuse this and kick players from the other team because they are too good. Well this might happen but in most of the times people from your team and other team don't vote to kick you because they know that you don't hack or they don't have time to kick.

Comments

• Simple answer: No!

There is nothing wrong with the vote system we have, other than the people that use it. And unless you can come up with an idea that will fix THAT, no suggestion will make it better.
  • yea, those pictures are from counter strike source.

They have the same kick vote in counter strike 1.6 too.

We use that kick system since years and we don't have any problems with it.

I think it's way better then what crossfire has.
  • popasapca wrote: »
    I gree.......

I gree? what?

Could you please give some more details. Why do you disagree, or agree. What do you think is bad about this and why is it bad?

Here is another person that is annoyed by the window
    1nsomniac wrote: »
    Seriously, I don't care how this is implemented, but I just don't want that shet blocking up my screen during SND games. I mean once every several rounds, fine. But I don't want to spend the entire game pressing randomly F11/F12

There are many layers like him that just press f11 or f12 because they are annoyed by the window.

With the new votekick this wouldn't happen because we just have the tiny message in the chat.
  • The votekick is good , the people arent they use it too win daily mission or just to make people mad , deal with it live with it , The votekick is perfect.
  • Well you can't even write.

this is wrong with it , The votekick you have to write it like this with it, The votekick

Don't you guys learn this in school?

Anyway...
    LifeLineEU wrote: »
    The votekick is good

Then please explain why do you think that it is good. I have named a lot of things that are bad about the kickvote we have now.

Like you can't kick players in the other team.

The window is annoying.

We can only kick one person at the time.

Now it is your turn to give reasons why this votesystem is good.
    the people arent they use it too win daily mission

First off all not everybody in crossfire is a noob but even if we cannot change the players but we can change the system so noobs cannot abuse it.
    The votekick is perfect.

no it isn't, as I stated above. Do you even know what perfect means?
  • First off all not everybody in crossfire is a noob but even if we cannot change the players but we can change the system so noobs cannot abuse it.

This is mostly what i'm saying to these kind of threads. :o Z8games employees mostly reply with: ''It's the players, not the system''. And since this is their point of view on this matter, i don't feel like it's going to change then.
  • The reason why they don't add it is because it's not worth it.

When they want to change something they have to hire people who do it and they have to pay money to them.

This new votekick might be better but the current one works too. Well it's a bad system but it works so why change it? The new votekick would be better but they don't earn any money from it and that's why they don't add it.

Just take a look at the client error. It kicks legit players and cheaters but they don't improve it or change because it is enough. Not because it is the best way.

And what other users and moderators say doesn't matter, they are just normal user but not part of the z8games team, they cannot decide if something gets added or not.
  • How would changing the system stop people from abusing it?

They would still kick the people they do not like.
  • BriRon wrote: »
    How would changing the system stop people from abusing it?

They would still kick the people they do not like.

Why don't you just read all the points before you answer?

Since the window doesn't pops up anymore, people will mostly just ignore it unless he is really a hacker.
  • Frecklez wrote: »
    Simple answer: No!

There is nothing wrong with the vote system we have, other than the people that use it. And unless you can come up with an idea that will fix THAT, no suggestion will make it better.

Exactly.. There's nothing wrong with it. Just the people who press F11 or F12. :o
  • Well you can't even write.

this is wrong with it , The votekick you have to write it like this with it, The votekick

Don't you guys learn this in school?

Anyway...

Then please explain why do you think that it is good. I have named a lot of things that are bad about the kickvote we have now.

i dont learn english and dont use the google things or what ever , so im already happy people understand my english , im not a robot like you.

Like you can't kick players in the other team.

The window is annoying.

We can only kick one person at the time.

Now it is your turn to give reasons why this votesystem is good.

First off all not everybody in crossfire is a noob but even if we cannot change the players but we can change the system so noobs cannot abuse it.

no it isn't, as I stated above. Do you even know what perfect means?

First dude , you ask me a reason why it is its , good its perfect , THE PEOPLE who use are not im not saying they are noob , or everything else , Captains other people can use it , The vote kick is perfect , the people arent , so pleas dont try to be smart cuz you really arent , and first read everything what i post before u post something , Votekick is easy , you can kick your own team if they hack or else stuff , you cant kick a other team thats pretty good because he can be a good player , so people will use it to kick people who are good if GR can kick BL , dont try to be cool dude.
  • true, they would be investing money in a matter wich will most likely give new problems. Therefor i'm mostly not really taking my time to come up with some new suggestion, most of the time it's impossible or not worth it like you said. :o
  • ElseHD wrote: »
    Exactly.. There's nothing wrong with it. Just the people who press F11 or F12. :o

They press F11 or F12 because their are either annoyed by the window or they don't have enough time to see if the kicked player is really a hacker or not. That's why i prefer this new kick vote system because you have more time to vote and also no window that annoys you.

I told you above how to write, this is wrong

First dude , you ask

you have to write it like this First dude, you ask you don't leave a space in front if the punctuation marks.

Anyway, lets go back to you post.
    First dude , you ask me a reason why it is its , good its perfect

Do you even understand what I write? I think you don't understand me.

I named several reasons why the current vote system is bad, you just ignore them. There are also many threads about people who complain about the vote system, but you wont see a single thread about someone complaining about the counter strike votekick.
    THE PEOPLE who use are not im not saying they are noob , or everything else , Captains other people can use it , The vote kick is perfect , the people arent , so pleas dont try to be smart cuz you really arent

You say that I am not smart? Kids your age shouldn't be on the internet or play games like crossfire.
    , and first read everything what i post before u post something

I read everything you write, and it's pretty hard to understand why you try to say.
    , Votekick is easy ,

I never said that it was hard to use or that the votekick isn't easy.
    you can kick your own team if they hack or else stuff

Yes that's true, I don't remember saying that you can't kick your own teammates.
    you cant kick a other team thats pretty good because he can be a good player , so people will use it to kick people who are good if GR can kick BL

This will probably not happen. I play counter strike since years and no one kicks someone else because he is a good player. Most of the people wont notice the kickvote anyway.
    dont try to be cool dude.

I don't try to be cool, I also don't care about that. It doesn't matter for me if you guys like me or not, I'm not trying to act cool so people will like me.

true, they would be investing money in a matter wich will most likely give new problems. Therefor i'm mostly not really taking my time to come up with some new suggestion, most of the time it's impossible or not worth it like you said. :o

You can still make suggestions, just for fun, even if they don't get added to the game.
  • Let's just say that it's actually NOT the kickvote system that sucks...

...it's the fact that Z8 won't FORCEFULLY separate players from a certain geographical regions from players in optimal regions from each other to save headaches...those players get mad because they are at a great 'disadvantage' and group up to kick, swear/flame, and berate players from better locations...as if it's their fault that they live where they do (and the idiots won't go and play on their OWN server...).

Solution : Make people player where they have less problems with other players due to regional issues.

I played a match yesterday where at least 7 of us had pings in the range of 18-110. Some twit BR (Br in his name, high ping) was walling and we kicked him (See? The system works)...and then we had a nice game afterward. All it took was removing someone who shouldn't be there...

HINT HINT.
  • DDump wrote: »
    Let's just say that it's actually NOT the kickvote system that sucks...

Well okay, let's say a hacker joins the room. He starts a votekick and then turn his hack on. Now people can't kick him because one vote is already running, and as soon as this votekick is finished he or his friends start another vote and he cannot be kicked again.

Now how is this not the fault of the system? In this case it is 100% the fault of the system not the users fault.
    DDump wrote: »
    I played a match yesterday where at least 7 of us had pings in the range of 18-110. Some twit BR (Br in his name, high ping) was walling and we kicked him (See? The system works)

In that case it worked but it wont always work. What if 5 players just joined in that round? They wouldn't have enough time to see if he really hacks or not.
  • Well okay, let's say a hacker joins the room. He starts a votekick and then turn his hack on. Now people can't kick him because one vote is already running, and as soon as this votekick is finished he or his friends start another vote and he cannot be kicked again.

Now how is this not the fault of the system? In this case it is 100% the fault of the system not the users fault.

Exactly. Another thing about the kickvote system is the countdown as well. But we shouldn't be messing with the timer. otherwise fair players will get kicked at the final seconds.
  • Thats mostly in last round , but if the team listen to the other team and watch the hacker playing there is 70% they kick him before the end , because mostly hackers do daily mission when the score is 4 ( 5 rounds )
  • Well okay, let's say a hacker joins the room. He starts a votekick and then turn his hack on. Now people can't kick him because one vote is already running, and as soon as this votekick is finished he or his friends start another vote and he cannot be kicked again.

Hate to point this out...

BUT HACKERS COULD USE YOUR SUGGESTED SYSTEM TO DO THE SAME DAMN THING! ALL they need to do is team up and get someone kicked...no different then how the CURRENT system is! Your idea is not fully addressing all the issues here...it's actually only stopping a window from popping up and keeps votes until someone is fully kicked...

...whats to say someone doesn't just join a room with his clan and kick 2-3 people from the other team for the sole sake of making the teams uneven?
  • DDump wrote: »
    Hate to point this out...

BUT HACKERS COULD USE YOUR SUGGESTED SYSTEM TO DO THE SAME DAMN THING! ALL they need to do is team up and get someone kicked...no different then how the CURRENT system is! Your idea is not fully addressing all the issues here...it's actually only stopping a window from popping up and keeps votes until someone is fully kicked...

I think you didn't understand my point.

Sometimes a hacker joins the room and he starts a votekick which is like 15 seconds long and in this time he can't be kicked. We have to wait until the 15 seconds have passed before we can kick again and if we are unlucky he will start another kickvote and we have to wait another 15 seconds..

With the counter strike vote kick this wouldn't happen because we can start more votekicks at the same time.

So he joins the room and starts a votekick but other people can start a votekick too so he will be kicked.
    DDump wrote: »
    ...whats to say someone doesn't just join a room with his clan and kick 2-3 people from the other team for the sole sake of making the teams uneven?

Yes but they can do this now too. If a clan with 10 or 8 members join the room you don't have a chance to stop them anyway.
  • so what would you do? btw where would that list stand that you made......
    it got to stand somewhere and deal with it half of the time i dont see it.
    and it dont happen that much that there is a vote when you look down there because as you look down there what do you gonna do? aim down then problem fixed because its not in front of that other person anymore. and as you would let it show up in the chat.
    well it would be wrose because half of the time it would say "vote...." and then you cant see what they said....
  • Why don't you just read all the points before you answer?

Since the window doesn't pops up anymore, people will mostly just ignore it unless he is really a hacker.

Peer Pressure for starters. Weak minded will tend to kick even if they don't know anything.

This would also mean prolonged spam rather than the short 15 second period when the player is kicked.

And I don't know about you, I HATE SPAM.

Also, there is a limit on how much times a player can be kicked. So after the hacker kicks someone, you can kick him afterwards.
  • As with any suggestion made to "improve" the kick-vote system, they aren't really improving anything. All you are doing is filling a hole in the ground with dirt you dug out of another hole. You aren't really filling the hole. You're relocating it.

In other words, by changing the current system you may have solved some of its problems, but with it you have created new ones. That's because its not the system that needs fixing, but the the way people use it.

The system as is, is doing exactly what it is suppose to do, kicking people on a majority of votes. This isn't something that needs fixing, for it does what we want it to do.

The problem lies with what people want it to do, and that is kicking people for the wrong reasons, keep people in the game for the wrong reasons, and simply kicking people because don't know better.

So unless you change the user's attitude and understanding of the game, you'll just be filling holes by making new holes.
  • BriRon wrote: »
    This would also mean prolonged spam rather than the short 15 second period when the player is kicked.

And I don't know about you, I HATE SPAM.

Also, there is a limit on how much times a player can be kicked. So after the hacker kicks someone, you can kick him afterwards.

You won't even notice the votekick message, it's just a tiny chat message. The current one is bigger and annoys more.
    As with any suggestion made to "improve" the kick-vote system, they aren't really improving anything. All you are doing is filling a hole in the ground with dirt you dug out of another hole. You aren't really filling the hole. You're relocating it.

In other words, by changing the current system you may have solved some of its problems, but with it you have created new ones. That's because its not the system that needs fixing, but the the way people use it.

The system as is, is doing exactly what it is suppose to do, kicking people on a majority of votes. This isn't something that needs fixing, for it does what we want it to do.

The problem lies with what people want it to do, and that is kicking people for the wrong reasons, keep people in the game for the wrong reasons, and simply kicking people because don't know better.

So unless you change the user's attitude and understanding of the game, you'll just be filling holes by making new holes.
    Exactly. And since Crossfire is free, there WILL be more noobs.
  • Bu11ish wrote: »
    Exactly. And since Crossfire is free, there WILL be more noobs.

Why do you all always copy each others posts instant of making your own points?

I am older then most of the users here and I have more experience in gaming. I'm playing videos games since the late 90's and I know how this works.

I don't say that it is wrong that the community is full of noobs, this whole games is meant for noobs but we can change the system so it fits those noobs. Remember, cf is a pay2win game. But beside that, it's not always the players fault, like in the example above.

This new system will reduce the kick vote abuse.

Now people randomly start kicks and people press f12 because they don't know if he real hacks or not or the press f11 fot the lulz.

With the new system there won't be a window that tells you to press f11 or f12, there is just a chat message and people will mostly ignore it.
    As with any suggestion made to "improve" the kick-vote system, they aren't really improving anything. All you are doing is filling a hole in the ground with dirt you dug out of another hole. You aren't really filling the hole. You're relocating it.

How and how long?
  • Why do you all always copy each others posts instant of making your own points?
    To show support. If one man votes, should no one else vote? I was quoting Fracklez so you don't have to go back to see who I was agreeing with. I was helping people. And I did make my own point. I was pointing out that CF will always have noobs because its free, and it can't be changed.
    I am older then most of the users here and I have more experience in gaming. I'm playing videos games since the late 90's and I know how this works.
    Thank you for your service, veteran.
    I don't say that it is wrong that the community is full of noobs, this whole games is meant for noobs but we can change the system so it fits those noobs. Remember, cf is a pay2win game. But beside that, it's not always the players fault, like in the example above.
    The system now does fit the noobs. Noobs don't get kicked as long as they don't do something really stupid, like nading teammates. CF is not strictly pay to win, because you cant get the necessary good guns with just GP. Examples, AWM, M4A1 REg, AK Camo, Deagle Camo, kris (ZM reward), Ghost breath down, etc. Aim is also very important, and you can't buy that. What I feel is that the system needs to work more for the legit honest good players.
    This new system will reduce the kick vote abuse.
    Noobs can still kick good players, and other noobs will notice. All that's needed is advertisement in the chat. Half the time I don't notice the kick vote box untill 3 seconds are left if there is no ad in the chat.
    Now people randomly start kicks and people press f12 because they don't know if he real hacks or not or the press f11 fot the lulz.
    Same thing happens with the CS system. When kicking, I hardly ever see anyone pressing F12, because not voting counts as F12. Even if you do press F11 or F12, the kick vote box only gets smaller by one line.
    With the new system there won't be a window that tells you to press f11 or f12, there is just a chat message and people will mostly ignore it.
    Ignoring isn't always a good thing. For example hackers, blockers, laggers, cheaters, etc. You pointed out that if they are really annoying, people will take notice. But if the player is a good legit player, noobs will also take notice. And as I have mentioned before, advertising in the chat is very important.
  • You guys didn't understand how this votekick works, right?

Let me explain it to you one more time. I recommend your to play counter strike so you can see how it works.

Anyway, when you see a hacker you press esc and then you see a list with all the players like this:

5G0j2.jpg

0 is the amount of people who try to kick him and the 11 is the amount of people that are in the server, or needed to kick him. Let's say you want to kick tm because he is a cheater. You click on his name and the [0/11] changes to [1/11] because you voted for him to be kicked. After you did this there will come a message in the chat list, something like this:

Player1 wants to kick tm.

Now other people read it and they can also press esc and vote for him to be kicked. Let's say two other players also vote for him, then the [1/11] changes to [3/11].

Anyway, let's continue with the topic.
    Bu11ish wrote: »
    Thank you for your service, veteran.

nYVOZ.png
    The system now does fit the noobs. Noobs don't get kicked as long as they don't do something really stupid, like nading teammates.

Or not knowing how to defuse the bomb / having negative score / having a way to good score / being from a specific country

people kick other users for a lot of reasons.

Tell me again, what is so bad about this suggestion? What is better about the current kickvote?
    CF is not strictly pay to win, because you cant get the necessary good guns with just GP. Examples, AWM, M4A1 REg, AK Camo, Deagle Camo, kris (ZM reward), Ghost breath down, etc. Aim is also very important, and you can't buy that. What I feel is that the system needs to work more for the legit honest good players.

Which melee weapon can I buy with GP? I can't buy any melee weapon, now how is that fair?

ZP players can buy bullet proof and special weapons that have more ammo. People with zp have way better items then players without. And you don't win a lot of GP, you can't buy all of the good weapons.

Noobs can still kick good players, and other noobs will notice. All that's needed is advertisement in the chat. Half the time I don't notice the kick vote box untill 3 seconds are left if there is no ad in the chat.

But it is way harder to kick with the new votekick system and people will therefore just ignore it. And even if they don't ignore it and still kick them, they do it now too and they will always do it. Still this will stop people who randomly press f11 or f12.
    Same thing happens with the CS system. When kicking, I hardly ever see anyone pressing F12, because not voting counts as F12. Even if you do press F11 or F12, the kick vote box only gets smaller by one line.

Same thing happens in cs? What? In cs no one presses f11 or f12 because they want to get that window away, because there is no window. This can't happen in cs.

Ignoring isn't always a good thing. For example hackers, blockers, laggers, cheaters, etc. You pointed out that if they are really annoying, people will take notice. But if the player is a good legit player, noobs will also take notice. And as I have mentioned before, advertising in the chat is very important.

Well okay, let's say this new system wont stop them, it will still stop other noobs and isn't that a good thing?

Let's say this new votekick doesn't makes it 100% better, but it will still make it like 50% better which is still a good thing.