Crossfire Europe - Question

I was wondering why you guys are supporting CFEU? Did they make a deal with you or something? lol

Just a simple question and please take it serious. I know we are not allowed to talk about other versions of Crossfire but this is a different matter.

Edit:

By telling members to join CFEU.

Links:
http://crossfire.z8games.com/downloads2.aspx (On the right side)
http://crossfire.z8games.com/ (on the top)

Comments

• abel95 wrote: »
    I was wondering why you guys are supporting CFEU? Did they make a deal with you or something? lol

Just a simple question and please take it serious. I know we are not allowed to talk about other versions of Crossfire but this is a different matter.

How are they possibly supporting the European Version of CrossFire? I'm not saying they don't, I believe in you, but how are they helping?
  • No one is supporting CFEU, and how is that a different matter if it's still a discussion?
  • [fLoww wrote: »
    How are they possibly supporting the European Version of CrossFire? I'm not saying they don't, I believe in you, but how are they helping?
    No one is supporting CFEU, and how is that a different matter if it's still a discussion?

Links:
  • I think he means the homepage; there's a link there at the top to CF EU for European players.
  • It's not supporting, it's just redirecting, since there are threads named "service not available in your region, help pls" asking for this, it just makes it simpler for new EU users.

Also it doesn't cost them clients or anything, since EU is blocked from our version and countries outside of EU is blocked in their version.
  • If anything it helps Z8 a bit as it reduces the amount of issues they receive with new players asking about region errors.
  • It's not supporting, it's just redirecting, since there are threads named "service not available in your region, help pls" asking for this, it just makes it simpler for new EU users.

Also it doesn't cost them clients or anything, since EU is blocked from our version and countries outside of EU is blocked in their version.

This simply helps people who can't create an account in this version... i think this isn't a deal... i think this only helping people... Nothing to close/discuss here...
  • [MOD]Rory wrote: »
    If anything it helps Z8 a bit as it reduces the amount of issues they receive with new players asking about region errors.

Ddin't see this... this ^^
  • [MOD]Rory wrote: »
    If anything it helps Z8 a bit as it reduces the amount of issues they receive with new players asking about region errors.
    Common Sense at it's best.
  • I can make a similar banner 250x150 banner add for Brasil if they like.
  • Chimpzz wrote: »
    I can make a similar banner 250x150 banner add for Brasil if they like.

Why?

They maintain both versions...

They shouldn't care really lol :)

We'll have a more official word regarding this soon. Basically this is correct. It's a redirect to help filter some players. This can be considered a positive for us here because we'll see less 'clueless' users not knowing why they can't connect to our version.

The NA/UK version remains one of the most public and popular of the non Asian versions. But the filtering will help move around some of the user base a bit to help with some frustrations. We expect to see the same on the CF EU site for NA as there are people who go to that one too.

Again however, we'll have some more info on this in the future.

As a side note, the CF EU and CF NA versions are very close together in content, however we would still appreciate it if content discussions were kept to CF NA only on these forums. It's no fun when a bunch of content gets spoiled because someone heads over there and just screenshots a bunch of stuff (and vice versa).
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    We'll have a more official word regarding this soon. Basically this is correct. It's a redirect to help filter some players. This can be considered a positive for us here because we'll see less 'clueless' users not knowing why they can't connect to our version.

The NA/UK version remains one of the most public and popular of the non Asian versions. But the filtering will help move around some of the user base a bit to help with some frustrations. We expect to see the same on the CF EU site for NA as there are people who go to that one too.

As a side note, the CF EU and CF NA versions are very close together in content, however we would still appreciate it if content discussions were kept to CF NA only on these forums. It's no fun when a bunch of content gets spoiled because someone heads over there and just screenshots a bunch of stuff (and vice versa).

Thank you for your answer!

A mod or GM can now close this.

dear GM, is it possible to organize regular tournaments for players of different versions Crossfire? Like a Clan Wars... For example, the players from Z8Games CF must fight as Z8Games clan team, CF EU gamers - as CF EU clan team... The main target - CF world championship ;)
  • NA play CF NA and EU play CF EU, thats how it should be from NOW ON, EU players call me a lagger in UK4 because i dont play in our servers with BR, i told them if they dont like it then CF EU welcomes them, but i hear from friends that CF EU is packed with hackers, much like we were about 8 months ago
  • [MOD]9 wrote: »
    Why?

To help Brasilians find a version made for them with no lag at all, to prevent then signing up here called everyone gringos, mini ping, rackers and lagging game play up in a version that is isn't intended for them - Then claiming 6 months down the line "I'm settled here now".
    [MOD]9 wrote: »
    They maintain both versions...

Sure they do, but there is a point to having different versions?
    [MOD]9 wrote: »
    They shouldn't care really lol :)

They don't care but should.
  • Yep. They make a way to a working crossfire version, for those who are form europe.

I am sure they receive everyday tickets about: Why i cant play?, and other stuff like that.

Edit:

Links:
    Z8Games & Gamerage are working for the Same Company (Smilegate or Neowiz, but I think it's Smilegate), they have to warn all European Users that they have got a version, because they don't want to lose any potential player.

But are we allowed to redirect EU players who ask on forums why they have "Service Not Available In Your Region"?

Edit:

Links:

They are encouraging players that are in that region to play their own version. I don't see any problems with that.
  • Since Eu players can't join CFNA anymore, might as well tell them where to go....
  • Chimpzz wrote: »
    To help Brasilians find a version made for them with no lag at all, to prevent then signing up here called everyone gringos, mini ping, rackers and lagging game play up in a version that is isn't intended for them - Then claiming 6 months down the line "I'm settled here now".

Sure they do, but there is a point to having different versions?

They don't care but should.

As I see it, there hasn't been a clear definition on whether the SA license was definitely broken or not from the rest of CFNA/UK international.
    Of course I'm more than agreeable that users should be directed to a version that they will have the better time playing, which for me comes down to what ping I got.

Edit:

Links:

its so people won't download this game from european countries and not be able to play it.

remember ip restrictions?
  • [MOD]9 wrote: »
    As I see it, there hasn't been a clear definition on whether the SA license was definitely broken or not from the rest of CFNA/UK international.
    Of course I'm more than agreeable that users should be directed to a version that they will have the better time playing, which for me comes down to what ping I got.

That is definetely true. :) but somehow I get here a ping of 42 and in CF EU 40 xD
  • Most people are missing the post Saidin posted it seems.

I'm going to close this thread (as asked by OP) and quote Saidin so that people that come to this thread see it when they look.

If people have more questions, feel free to PM a mod.
    [GM]Saidin wrote: »

abel95 wrote: »
    Thank you for your answer!

A mod or GM can now close this.
This discussion has been closed.