Change the in game chat size

i play on a laptop and chat messages really distracts me especially when people spam .
Is there a way to change the font or the size of the text ?

Comments

• lolxDOH wrote: »
    i play on a laptop and chat messages really distracts me especially when people spam .

if your referring to the in game chat you can mute players who spam with macros
  • yeah i know but they should add a block all option . im tired of blocking so many people in each game
  • change type font and ready. i have changed that.
  • CarTMan84 wrote: »
    change type font and ready. i have changed that.

how ? msgtooshort
  • lolxDOH wrote: »

stop play on laptop it will be better -.*
  • If the chat is very big, that's because you're playing in the resolution 800x600. Go into the Crossfire setting and change your resolution to 1024x768, it'll make the text a lot smaller.
  • Maybe you can just change the type of the font and that's it =)
  • THE QUESTION:
    lolxDOH wrote: »

theguru99 wrote: »
    if your referring to the in game chat you can mute players who spam with macros

READ the question. hope you can read. this is NO answer.

CarTMan84 wrote: »
    change type font and ready. i have changed that.

NO ANSWER. HOW you did it...? this is NO ANSWER!

stop play on laptop it will be better -.*

SPAM and NO ANSWER. the megastupid blabla answer that cant be missed. this is NO ANSWER!

c0lder wrote: »
    If the chat is very big, that's because you're playing in the resolution 800x600. Go into the Crossfire setting and change your resolution to 1024x768, it'll make the text a lot smaller.

not read anything. an hour after the same empty post, again this..... this is NO answer!

AbdouDevil wrote: »
    Maybe you can just change the type of the font and that's it =)

havent read the "answers", just posting some senseless blabla. this is NO answer!

i want to know that, too.
    clear question, why arent people able to answer the same??

i really would like to know that.
  • change your font by going to the crossfire folder (computer>C:>program files [your program files might be like x86 or whatever, choose that i think]>z8games>crossfire).

then go to the rez folder (dont worry you arent changing any of the rez files by changing font. this is perfectly legal).

go to the fonts folder, and you will see a font named "default". get a new font file that you want (you can find them online easily), rename it default, and put it in that folder. you might want to move the original CF font to somewhere that you can get it if you want it back, but thats up to you.

hope that helps
  • THIS is an answer.
    thx
    BlackSonar wrote: »
    change your font by going to the crossfire folder (computer>C:>program files [your program files might be like x86 or whatever, choose that i think]>z8games>crossfire).

then go to the rez folder (dont worry you arent changing any of the rez files by changing font. this is perfectly legal).

go to the fonts folder, and you will see a font named "default". get a new font file that you want (you can find them online easily), rename it default, and put it in that folder. you might want to move the original CF font to somewhere that you can get it if you want it back, but thats up to you.

hope that helps
  • c0lder wrote: »
    If the chat is very big, that's because you're playing in the resolution 800x600. Go into the Crossfire setting and change your resolution to 1024x768, it'll make the text a lot smaller.

Yeah, and decrease your fps by 20 +
  • [fLoww wrote: »
    Yeah, and decrease your fps by 20 +
    but you can gain you FPS by 20 back again.

Right click on COMPUTER...(Click on PROPERTIES)
    Click on SYSTEM PROTECTION..(A window will poop out)
    Click on tab that say ADVANCE
    Click on the 1st SETTINGS
    Click on where it say ADJUST FOR BEST PERFORMANCE...(Now to will change the look of your computer, no files or anything will be change or & lost)
    ::That helped me to gain a +20 on my FPS, certain people may not work, but it Did to me ::

To change it back, repeat the steps:

Instead of Click on ADJUST for BEST PERFORMANCE
    You will NOW click on "LET WINDOWS CHOOSE WHAT BEST FOR MY COMPUTER"
  • BlackSonar wrote: »
    change your font by going to the crossfire folder (computer>C:>program files [your program files might be like x86 or whatever, choose that i think]>z8games>crossfire).

hope that helps

finally !! thank you sir
  • You can change your resolution if you want, or do what BS said.

(lol initials)
  • @xXjohnboyXx

How in the world are you aloud to judge other peoples answers when you can't even answer the question yourself? My answer was correct, so how is it not?