Game pauses/freezes when selecting rooms.

If I go into a channel and try to join a room, it stays on the "Loading room" screen or what ever it is. Or if I leave a room, it will pause up as well. I've re-installed about 4-5 times, tried different downloads for it, tried different download locations, different video card settings and it still happens. Any ideas?

Comments

• I really love how these people run a game they can't adequately monitor for issues or at very least get some one adequate enough to do it. I've waited about 5-6 days for a reply on this all so great game on an issue and I can't get a MOD or a GM to even make an attempt to help me.
  • I know right, you should sue them or something.
  • FIREAGLE wrote: »
    If I go into a channel and try to join a room, it stays on the "Loading room" screen or what ever it is. Or if I leave a room, it will pause up as well. I've re-installed about 4-5 times, tried different downloads for it, tried different download locations, different video card settings and it still happens. Any ideas?

Just pause up completely, for some odd reason there are a few Crossfire errors that don't "pop up" and remain under Crossfire perhaps you could check if there is one. Its quite hard to identify what is causing this if there is nothing to go off of other than it freezing.
  • [GM]Hpx wrote: »
    Just pause up completely, for some odd reason there are a few Crossfire errors that don't "pop up" and remain under Crossfire perhaps you could check if there is one. Its quite hard to identify what is causing this if there is nothing to go off of other than it freezing.

Well thank you.
  • When I move mostly from channel lobby to a game room it will have the window "loading". Then the load finishes and I move into the room. <-- Typical case scenario and all is good

But if it hangs for too long a "cancel" button appears to discontinue the operation and just get some sort of "host error" where I then return to the channel lobby.

You don't even get the chance to cancel the load?

I guess one question I'd ask is, which particular Server(s) and Channel(s) have you experiencing this sort of... hiccup?
  • [MOD]9 wrote: »
    When I move mostly from channel lobby to a game room it will have the window "loading". Then the load finishes and I move into the room. <-- Typical case scenario and all is good

But if it hangs for too long a "cancel" button appears to discontinue the operation and just get some sort of "host error" where I then return to the channel lobby.

You don't even get the chance to cancel the load?

I guess one question I'd ask is, which particular Server(s) and Channel(s) have you experiencing this sort of... hiccup?

I don't even get the option to cancel, every server, channel.
  • Hi, when you start crossfire and try join channels does it give "connecting to server" or when you try join a room it would never load and give you a "host error", also when you click the "X" button at the top right does it show no stats and a bugged profile? if so try this

how to fix "connecting to server" (non stop load)
    • Go to your start menu, type in "run"
    • then type in cmd (a command prompt window should come up)
    • type in "ipconfig /flushdns" then hit "enter"
    • then type in "netsh winsock reset" and hit enter, you will need to reboot(must do)
    • Run crossfire and tell me if it works, comment back on this thread
  • a1hk wrote: »
    Hi, when you start crossfire and try join channels does it give "connecting to server" or when you try join a room it would never load and give you a "host error", also when you click the "X" button at the top right does it show no stats and a bugged profile? if so try this

how to fix "connecting to server" (non stop load)
    • Go to your start menu, type in "run"
    • then type in cmd (a command prompt window should come up)
    • type in "ipconfig /flushdns" then hit "enter"
    • then type in "netsh winsock reset" and hit enter, you will need to reboot(must do)
    • Run crossfire and tell me if it works, comment back on this thread

[*]then type in "netsh winsock reset" and hit enter, you will need to reboot(must do)
    Says The request operation requires elevation <Run as administrator>

Still don't work, ran it as admin. When I click the X it shows no stats, Shop, Black market, all buttons dissepare and I can't do anything. Windows 7 disables aero when I start crossfire after clicking Start Game

EDIT: Fixed, I swapped my sata cables a while back and had an issue with a mobo driver for sata.