Dilemma of choices; coupons & guides debate

Comments

• GunMan, sorry, but you really need to get off your high horse.... seriously. The MODs are just ordinary players so ofcorse they are going to get things wrong... no need to tell them to stop spreading false information... If people wanna assume everything a mod says is absolute fact then that is their problem.

Anyway, the coupon guns that are there at the moment I wouldnt recommend any to you :/ Thats just my opinion. Ive had around 90 coupons for moontthhss now waiting for a decent coupon gun lol.

AWM Gold is decent =/
  • GodsGunman Logic:
    AWM
    ~~5 meters~~
    Hand/Arm: 100.
    Foot/Leg: 81, 81.
    Back/Chest: 100.
    Headshot: 100.
    ~~100 meters~~
    Hand/Arm: 100, 100.
    Foot/Leg: 77, 76.
    Back/Chest: 100.

M700
    ~~5 meters~~
    Hand/Arm: 74, 73.
    Foot/Leg: 50, 48, 48, 50.
    Back/Chest: 77, 95, 95, 81.
    ~~100 meters~~
    Hand/Arm: 56.
    Foot/Leg: 43.
    Back/Chest: 78, 76.

I see nothing wrong with this. Clearly Awm is a 1 hit to head or body - any range, and a two hit to the legs - any range, while the m700 is clearly 1 hit hs any range, 2 hit to chest any range, and in almost all cases 3 hit to the legs (unless you are lucky and get a 2 hit at 5m range).

As for your other argument about the distance where a 2 hit to the legs would become a 3 hit is unpractical. Only a few snipers would fall in that category. For something more important (i.e. range for 1 hit in body for PSG-regular) GG did various ranges and determined (for what I remember) that from 18m you could do a 1 hit to the chest. This is very useful information imo, which a handful of players aren't aware of.

I see the point you're trying to make, but aiming for the legs isn't really a main focus for players. Something he could possibly do is provide a range where the 'weaker' snipers do 50 damage to the legs so you would know the max range where you could do a 2 shot kill, but again, not very practical.

Anyways, I recommend de-gold (for GM the bullets are useful) or I would save your coupons. (I have m4-gold and it basically sits in storage, for GM I wouldn't use m4-gold instead of a silenced m4). As well since it seems you enjoy sniping in GM, I would use either AWM/DSR or for mobility I would use m700/VSK-94 or just stick with your PSG-RD.
  • RTOman wrote: »
    AWM Gold is decent =/

But its not worth the coupons.
  • Fug all y'all. I like the SL8. Mebbe not for sniper only matches as much but it's def a fun and effective weapon even though it's not perfectly accurate at longer ranges. It's more of 'a rusher's sniper rifle'.

If you like getting a little more up close and personal while sniping I recommend the SL8. It's a fun gun to use and pretty cool looking too, IMO. If you care about looks at all.

Either way, enjoy your new weapon, whatever it is. That is, if you ever get out of this argument and get ingame.
  • RTOman wrote: »
    AWM Gold is decent =/

no.... Even if i wanted a sniper i wouldnt get the cheese ball gun. Id get the camo ad I hear its slightly better? I'm not going to check some guide just to check if that statement is correct tho so you might want to check it yourself.

Plus talon said he uses the dsr over the awm so I wouldnt even advise the awm camo for him lol :P
  • IaKat wrote: »
    Anyways, I recommend de-gold (for GM the bullets are useful) or I would save your coupons. (I have m4-gold and it basically sits in storage, for GM I wouldn't use m4-gold instead of a silenced m4). As well since it seems you enjoy sniping in GM, I would use either AWM/DSR or for mobility I would use m700/VSK-94 or just stick with your PSG-RD.
    But its not worth the coupons.

Aye the camo versions of these both seem far better than the gold counterparts. The DE.Gold with just a +1 up on the Camo makes me wonder if its worth it, since the other trade off is the speedy reload. (Which is pretty killer in GM.)
    Problem is, its a GP weapon, kinda don't wanna waste coupons on it (unless there is nothing else) when I could use extra gp trying to get it.
    Merely checking my options.
  • So I have 80 coupons. Problem is, I don't know what to spend it on. (Originally was going for the AK-Knife). Here's the problem;

I already own the M4-Custom Crystal, so I think getting the M4-Crystal is pointless. As well as the prior reg m4-Custom.

I already have a PSG1-RD and all GP Shop snipers. So Is getting the SL8 really worth it? (I love my PSG1-RD)

I'm one that goes for accuracy and I'm not much of a deagle person. So I'm not too sure if getting the Gold would be just dust collected except for ZM or MM/HM matches.

I prefer the DSR over the AWM, so I'm not too keen on getting the AWM-Camo.

Should I save up for getting an M4 Gold or just wait it out until some new choices arrive?

WOW:)..even MOD asked the forumers for their opinions....
  • Aye the camo versions of these both seem far better than the gold counterparts. The DE.Gold with just a +1 up on the Camo makes me wonder if its worth it, since the other trade off is the speedy reload. (Which is pretty killer in GM.)
    Problem is, its a GP weapon, kinda don't wanna waste coupons on it (unless there is nothing else) when I could use extra gp trying to get it.
    Merely checking my options.

Yeah I wouldn't really recommend spending coupons on weps that can be won in gp crates. In my experience winning the gun(at least in gp crates) is easier then getting x amount of coupons.
  • (Originally was going for the AK-Knife).

Sucks to be you honestly. - Well. I personally think even tho you find the Crystal useless because you have the custom crystal. They are not really the same.

(I got my AK-Knife from coupons.)
  • *Emerge from le bunker*

Has the war ended?
  • WhosTom wrote: »
    *Emerge from le bunker*

Has the war ended?

Naw, unlikely. I just tend to stay up at ungodly hours of the day compared to most people. Gods either went to work and/or fell asleep.
  • Naw, unlikely. I just tend to stay up at ungodly hours of the day compared to most people. Gods either went to work and/or fell asleep.

Well, either way everyone has their own flaws, I guess what you should do is brush this incident off your shoulder and moving on.

OT: I was lucky to get the AK-Knife b4 its gone from coupon exchange. The next best alternative would be D.E Camo . If you have it already, consider the D.E.G for lolz. Better to play with different guns than playing with the same set of guns over and over :/
  • DE gold would be normal choice if u dont own it,i personally like it,fo example in hm its good with more bullets when u want freely move..
  • GunMan, sorry, but you really need to get off your high horse.... seriously. The MODs are just ordinary players so ofcorse they are going to get things wrong... no need to tell them to stop spreading false information... If people wanna assume everything a mod says is absolute fact then that is their problem.

Anyway, the coupon guns that are there at the moment I wouldnt recommend any to you :/ Thats just my opinion. Ive had around 90 coupons for moontthhss now waiting for a decent coupon gun lol.

They may be ordinary players but as I said people take their word for granted. I would hope they know enough about the game to know the most basic things about the gun with the most variations in the game.
    IaKat wrote: »
    I see nothing wrong with this. Clearly Awm is a 1 hit to head or body - any range, and a two hit to the legs - any range, while the m700 is clearly 1 hit hs any range, 2 hit to chest any range, and in almost all cases 3 hit to the legs (unless you are lucky and get a 2 hit at 5m range).

As for your other argument about the distance where a 2 hit to the legs would become a 3 hit is unpractical. Only a few snipers would fall in that category. For something more important (i.e. range for 1 hit in body for PSG-regular) GG did various ranges and determined (for what I remember) that from 18m you could do a 1 hit to the chest. This is very useful information imo, which a handful of players aren't aware of.

I see the point you're trying to make, but aiming for the legs isn't really a main focus for players. Something he could possibly do is provide a range where the 'weaker' snipers do 50 damage to the legs so you would know the max range where you could do a 2 shot kill, but again, not very practical.

^This, and it's funny how talonblaze didn't reply to it because he knows his whole argument is wrong.
  • Get the Ak if you do like Ak's. Custom Crystal is better than M4 Gold imo. Deag's pretty good too.
  • I'd go for the m4 gold just for the GGT but that's my preference. You could always use it for another perma-axe if you want because that's usually a good investment. Mine's saved my life countless times. And two stop making fun of those guys. It's not their fault they constantly ran in the line of fire and did nothing to sneak. Oh wait...
  • If you like the PSG-RD then the SL8 wouldn't be to bad of a choice.
    It shoots faster and has a faster reload well changing the ammo to 20/20 from 10/30.
    I'm thinking of getting it as my next coupon gun too.

To try to explain the sniper testing:
    If a sniper is a 1 shot to the chest at 5M, and stays a 1 shot to the chest at 100M.
    Testing it between the ranges isn't usually going to be worth it, because it is still a 1 shot kill. Rarely would something come up to justify the extra work.

If a sniper is a 2 shot to the chest at 5M, and stays a 2 shot to the chest at 100M.
    Again testing between the ranges would not be worth the effort because the weapon still performs the same at very close and very far ranges.

If a sniper is a 1 shot to the chest at 5M, but becomes a 2 shot to the chest at 100M.
    Then we start testing between the ranges to find where it stops becoming a 1 shot kill because the snipers performance changes drastically.

A difference of 1-5 points from 80 points isn't usually noticeable.
    But a difference of 1-5 points from 100 is.

In most situations well sniping, one would be shooting at the chest. Rarely would one target the feet or arms over the chest.
  • m4 crystal is MUCH better than custom crystal...

sl8 isnt much different to psg-rd, so no point if u dnt like that either...

and if u WERE to save up, ak-gold is better than m4-gold...(and thats coming from an m4-fanboy...)
  • NattNatt wrote: »
    m4 crystal is MUCH better than custom crystal...

sl8 isnt much different to psg-rd, so no point if u dnt like that either...

and if u WERE to save up, ak-gold is better than m4-gold...(and thats coming from an m4-fanboy...)

Your post doesnt make sence apart from the sl8/psg-rd.
  • VATAV wrote: »
    If you like the PSG-RD then the SL8 wouldn't be to bad of a choice.
    It shoots faster and has a faster reload well changing the ammo to 20/20 from 10/30.
    I'm thinking of getting it as my next coupon gun too.

To try to explain the sniper testing:
    If a sniper is a 1 shot to the chest at 5M, and stays a 1 shot to the chest at 100M.
    Testing it between the ranges isn't usually going to be worth it, because it is still a 1 shot kill. Rarely would something come up to justify the extra work.

If a sniper is a 2 shot to the chest at 5M, and stays a 2 shot to the chest at 100M.
    Again testing between the ranges would not be worth the effort because the weapon still performs the same at very close and very far ranges.

If a sniper is a 1 shot to the chest at 5M, but becomes a 2 shot to the chest at 100M.
    Then we start testing between the ranges to find where it stops becoming a 1 shot kill because the snipers performance changes drastically.

A difference of 1-5 points from 80 points isn't usually noticeable.
    But a difference of 1-5 points from 100 is.

In most situations well sniping, one would be shooting at the chest. Rarely would one target the feet or arms over the chest.

You always word things better than me :rolleyes:
  • The SL8 is just the the PSG, 2 hit kill. If you already have a Golden weapon, I'll suggest getting the Golden Deagle to have a golden bag :), and the Golden Deagle might look crappy, but the damage and the mag is worth it.
  • Go for the SL8.It isn't as bad as every says.my friend got it and i quite like stealing it when he dies. :D It's also much better than the psg imo.
  • Go for the SL8.It isn't as bad as every says.my friend got it and i quite like stealing it when he dies. :D It's also much better than the psg imo.

same (except i have it) but talon likes the dsr, and sl8 doesnt come close...
  • Dont get the sl8, anything else is better
  • anyway talon you come to a decision what ur gonna do with all ya coupons? :P
  • anyway talon you come to a decision what ur gonna do with all ya coupons? :P

No, this was just a trolling thread. -.- (<-- JOKE)

I hope he chooses something soon. This is worse than window shopping apparently now :p
  • Wait, don't get m4 gold.. I have it and I must say the regular version is better because the recoil on the gold is just off and a little harder to HS with.
    Also if you don't want to wait or you don't have m4 silver, then get crystal because crystal scope is more like custom..

So I say get m4 crystal or wait for a new weapon.. Also SL8 isn't something you would wanna use -.-

Gold DE = BEAST btw.

But dual de iz even better
  • I think talon may have given up, wise choice on his part.
  • GodsGunman wrote: »
    I think talon may have given up, wise choice on his part.

People are allowed their own opinion - Talon feels you should of added one or a few more ranges for snipers. Thats his opinion, get over it.... No need to keep rubbing things in. By that post its like you are trying to get a reaction from him...