would you rather have glitchers or dcing client errors

Everyone probably knows that if you get pushed into a wall, you will get a client error, which is basically a vote kick's penality. However, this has stopped 95% of the glitchers but this error gets real annoying when a noob stalks you and pushes you in a wall. So, would you rather let z8 fix the client errors or would you rather have glitchers?

Comments

• Alanxin15 wrote: »
    Everyone probably knows that if you get pushed into a wall, you will get a client error, which is basically a vote kick's penality. However, this has stopped 95% of the glitchers but this error gets real annoying when a noob stalks you and pushes you in a wall. So, would you rather let z8 fix the client errors or would you rather have glitchers?

It's easier to find a glitcher than get pushed into a wall.
  • I'd rather have errors. Most of the people that complain about client errors have no idea what glitchers have done on this game, and are most likely new to the Cross Fire scene. The client errors stop virtually any simple glitch [believe me, not all glitches are simple though], but most glitchers have been rendered useless.

The chances of being pushed into a wall are slim to none, meaning you won't be pushed into a wall every single game / round. The chances of meeting someone that knows how to glitch were very high, and there was one each game, making it near-impossible to play.

I would be grateful that there are no glitchers.
  • [MOD]Hi wrote: »
    I'd rather have errors. Most of the people that complain about client errors have no idea what glitchers have done on this game, and are most likely new to the Cross Fire scene. The client errors stop virtually any simple glitch [believe me, not all glitches are simple though], but most glitchers have been rendered useless.

The chances of being pushed into a wall are slim to none, meaning you won't be pushed into a wall every single game / round. The chances of meeting someone that knows how to glitch were very high, and there was one each game, making it near-impossible to play.

^What he said.
  • Dcing client errors.

Client errors when you're not pushed into a wall or accidentally glitching are the real problem.
  • Glitchers since most of the spots have DMG zone, plus you used to get disconnect errors in obvious spots. Now it's completely stupid and must of them have no reason. You get disconnected because someone push you, jumping getting stuck in a rail, jumping on another player and get pushed, a player went inside you (the character_box ffs...)
  • Errors since if a person glitches in, we would get farmmed off of.
  • I'd prefer errors to glitchers simply becuase glitchers can kill you from a distance without you knowing where the hell it came from... errors you get only when you're doing something wrong, or just simply running into another player/wall. d/c'ing would most likely happen in EagleEyes where you start off on the GR side with everyone bum rushing you out through the window, or a tiny ass doorway. Hahaha....

But yeah I'd be happy with errors.
  • Client errors for sure

Glitches cause such a pain, like the time when you could glitch into any box then shoot people from it, it was so annoying
  • Client errors for sure

Glitches cause such a pain, like the time when you could glitch into any box then shoot people from it, it was so annoying

And the time when you could shoot the box, to get a wall bang kill on the glitcher.
  • SexyPollo wrote: »
    Glitchers since most of the spots have DMG zone, plus you used to get disconnect errors in obvious spots. Now it's completely stupid and must of them have no reason. You get disconnected because someone push you, jumping getting stuck in a rail, jumping on another player and get pushed, a player went inside you (the character_box ffs...)

I agree with him. The damage zones could just kill the glitchers right away and the non-glitchers that get pushed out of the wall wouldn't get kicked out of the game for getting pushed in the wall.
    So I prefer glitchers and high damage zones instead of getting kicked out of the game.

And I also get client error a lot in Orbital Station because the game thinks I jump hack and when I jump to high places where you normally can't jump without low gravity. Please remove client error out of Orbital Station.
  • Glitchers... ****es me off when I'm having an amazing game only to have a noob push me in a wall
    Glitchers since most of the spots have DMG zone, plus you used to get disconnect errors in obvious spots. Now it's completely stupid and must of them have no reason. You get disconnected because someone push you, jumping getting stuck in a rail, jumping on another player and get pushed, a player went inside you (the character_box ffs...)

^

would be nice to finish a game for once.
  • Glitching under port back in early '09. Good times.
  • Basically the question is : would you rather have bullcrap or bullcrap ?

Rather than decide between two differents kind of huge game ruining things, why not propose something better ? Why should the game disconnect you for entering a wall ? Why can't it just kill you ?

I'd rather get killed for a glitch false positive, which you can get simply by sitting on a small ledge, losing a good 20 rounds because of it.

Change the disconnection to a kill, problem solved. Everytime the glitchers will try to glitch they will die. So it takes care of these idiots. And in the false positive cases, you just get a death instead of losing everything.
  • Glitchers, it gets annoying disconnecting out of 90% of the rooms due to jackass's pushing you into the wall so that you won't keep the score you have..
    Play a round sewers. You will see plenty of players dc'ing.
    Play Laboratory. Almost every round one ghost dc's.
    Play Castle. It could happen that you dc when using the ladder.
    Play ghost mode at all. The chances that you dc while jumping against an obstacle are extremely high compared to normal S&D situations.

I already disconnected more often that I saw gltichers the whole year before this patch. Let's have glitchers - no dumb errors.
  • Glithers.

I don't know why everyone must dc just to prevent glitchers.
  • Glitchers. Most of the glitches got patched with high damage zones, and finding new ones ain't easy. Definetely glitchers.
    And the time when you could shoot the box, to get a wall bang kill on the glitcher.

Question, how did you know the glitcher was in that certain box if he has not killed any one yet?
  • I'd rather see both gone. Why is this not possible?
    I'd rather have errors. Most of the people that complain about client errors have no idea what glitchers have done on this game, and are most likely new to the Cross Fire scene. The client errors stop virtually any simple glitch [believe me, not all glitches are simple though], but most glitchers have been rendered useless.

I Kinda agree with what hi says but I think it needs tweaking. Say if you are glitched for over 3 seconds then give a client error.... Seems like a much better option. Chances are Slim to none? :/// If I even get pushed up against a wall without actually going through it i still get a client error....
  • I hate both, but I hate glitchers/ H4ckers more.

The only exception, is when the game client crashes, since then it takes an entire 3-4 minutes to load the game because my HDD is so slow.
  • Basically the question is : would you rather have bullcrap or bullcrap ?

Rather than decide between two differents kind of huge game ruining things, why not propose something better ? Why should the game disconnect you for entering a wall ? Why can't it just kill you ?

I'd rather get killed for a glitch false positive, which you can get simply by sitting on a small ledge, losing a good 20 rounds because of it.

Change the disconnection to a kill, problem solved. Everytime the glitchers will try to glitch they will die. So it takes care of these idiots. And in the false positive cases, you just get a death instead of losing everything.

+1 for this
  • Question, how did you know the glitcher was in that certain box if he has not killed any one yet?

Wall rack they show up green!

Nah they usually fire at you and miss or do minimal damage then you blast them:D
  • Glitchers at this point...

The only reason I say this is because there's gotta be a better way to block portions of the map where the walls are paper-thin than to have innocent people like me who have ace and only need 1 game left to win to finish the missions then on the last round, get dc'd because the devs couldn't figure out how to make walls out of more stable, concrete instead of paper mache...

Glitchers are annoying no doubt, but if this is really the only solution they have.. I guess I won't walk along corners, go through open windows, jump on rails or boxes, and just walk around 1 dimentionally so I don't risk losing my progress all because these guys cant think of a better solution..

My solution you ask? Well... How about making these sections a HP killer like they've done in the past? Or is that too much work and you guys rather have people get screwed over because their idiot teammate ran too close to them and ended up knocking them into an object for 1/2 a second?

Now, how would we know where to place these "HP killers"? How about inside the walls or machines? and I mean INSIDE THE WALLS AND MACHINES. NOT on the surface... I also would say to get rid of the glitching d/c's with rails because seriously... Since when did someone being glitched on a rail helped that individual from clutching or killing?

I can't even play the orbital map without being d/c'd because I jumped too high... I can't play the way I know how to play because the idiots behind the scripts can't think of a better way than to screw people up if they accidentally get too close to a wall..
  • vMiamiRain wrote: »
    I like this guys point.

I'd prefer glitchers.

If anyone else hasn't noticed, there is a huge room spike when someone gets a client error in the room. And this happens now like 1-5 times a game depending on what you are playing.

At this point, it seems glitching is a lost art as it is, even if there were no client errors.