File was changed or Forged!!!

im just loading up my game, its at about 70% then bam! black screen with a box in the middle called CF file watcher. file was changed or forged. game will be shut down by force.. i have no clew y.. i did use differnt marks, but i tried changing them back and i got the same thing... i dont have adminstrator abbilitys so i cant reinstall the game, can someone help... how do u put images in, cuz i screenshotted the screen....

Comments

• im just loading up my game, its at about 70% then bam! black screen with a box in the middle called CF file watcher. file was changed or forged. game will be shut down by force.. i have no clew y.. i did use differnt marks, but i tried changing them back and i got the same thing... i dont have adminstrator abbilitys so i cant reinstall the game, can someone help... how do u put images in, cuz i screenshotted the screen....

I Have The Same Thing Just Now, But Its Always Stuck at 48%.. Sec Ill Get A Picture In A Lil! Need Answers Asap

Bug.jpg
  • :mad:same problem!!!!!!!!!!!

Who can give us a solution!!!!!

please!!!!
  • XCrateX wrote: »
    I Have The Same Thing Just Now, But Its Always Stuck at 48%.. Sec Ill Get A Picture In A Lil! Need Answers Asap

Bug.jpg

Ok So Today I Just Thought I Will Try Going On CF Again.

Anyway, I Was Just Closing All Programs But Msn Since It Doesnt Really Do Any Problems And Then I Try'd And BAM 47%, 49%, 54%, 67%, 100% And Then No More Problems.
    Hacks May Also Cause This Problem, So If I Were You I Would Delete Them Asap.
    Else What? You Dont Wanna Play CF Anymore?

Anyway Gl!
  • i had that problem the other day i just uninstalled the game then reinstalled it
  • I guess theres a few of us haveing the same problem.Seem's to me Z8 has done nothing but screw this one time enjoyable game up.Put the Brake's on Boy's she's going down hill fast.
  • Did you defrag the game? I did and then I got that error. I had to completely uninstall the game (use Revo Uninstaller) and then reinstall it again. Hope that helps.
  • The best way to fix this problem is unistall CrossFire and re-download a install of CrossFire and there you're ready to play.
  • HeroSihao wrote: »
    The best way to fix this problem is unistall CrossFire and re-download a install of CrossFire and there you're ready to play.

Yes but i cant install or uninstall stuff anymore! so thats no help
  • man this game is having problems

first the virus thing and now this... man z8 what have you guys done?
  • yeah crossfire back!!!!!!!!!!!

unexplicable!!!!!
  • guys!ihave a problems desame as yours!some 1 help us?i cannot dwnload and play anymore.....
  • Greycloak told me to post in one of the threads that came up if you search file forged so that's what i'm doing.... now hopefully a GM will respond with instructions on what to do

I got a bigger hard drive, so my computer got formatted. I then redownloaded crossfire, and tried playing it. It got to the loading screen, and during the time it is loading (i wrote down it was at 47% this last time), a message box popped up, with the name "CF File Watcher" and the message "File was changed or forged. Game will be shut down by force"

I tried restarting the game a few times, but the same thing kept on happening. So then I removed crossfire from my computer via the control panel, searched cross fire in my computer and deleted anything that popped up. Then I redownloaded cross fire from a DIFFERENT mirror (the first time i downloaded it after the format was mirror 1, and the second time was mirror 2) and the EXACT same thing is still happening. I did everything I could, now please reply to this with instructions on what to do. thanks

Notes* I completely shut down my firewall and anti virus software, and the same problem is still happening. I have windows XP.
  • z8games do NOTHING to help us, so...

Anyway, i got the same problem with forged files.
    I'm not stupid to try different solutions, im not lazy, so i read everything about this prob on suba forums and z8 forums. Nothing helped me anyway.

Well, thanks god i have MS certifications, so i try tons of **** to fix out CF and make it works.

Now, workaround untill (or forever, dunno) z8 fix it.

1. Create new administrative profile:
    Right-click My computer -
    management -
    local users and groups -
    new user -
    (give it a name like cf, or whatever), check password never expires, and remove check on user must change password on next login -
    type in password (wont work if u do not) -
    add this user to administrative group

2. Right click on ur CF shortcut -
    RunAs -
    Type in new user name (cf)
    type in pasword
    OK
    3. Now it should work.

You can save all yr bindings, options, etc., by copying file SaveIdData.dat from
    C:\Documents and Settings\[old profile]\Мои документы\CFSystem\
    to
    C:\Documents and Settings\[new profile]\Мои документы\CFSystem\

Do it after u once lounched CF under new profile.

P.S. You might have to create more profiles after new updates coming. Dunno why, i already have 3, but at least i have CF running fine.

P.P.S. There are might be mistakes in technical terms, coz i have russian WinXP, but feel free to ask what u do not understand. i'll try to answer.
  • it didn't work :( i created an administrator account, made a password for it, stayed in my original account, right clicked on the cross fire shortcut, selected run as, selected the administrator account that i had just created and ran it from there, but the exact same error happened :(

Do you HAVE to do this?:
    You can save all yr bindings, options, etc., by copying file SaveIdData.dat from
    to

because i'm not quite sure what it means, and i didn't think it was necessary.

thanks for trying
  • i have the prob too,
    but i dont found a solution for this prob!!!!

GM pls help us
  • it didn't work :( i created an administrator account, made a password for it, stayed in my original account, right clicked on the cross fire shortcut, selected run as, selected the administrator account that i had just created and ran it from there, but the exact same error happened :(

Do you HAVE to do this?:
    to

because i'm not quite sure what it means, and i didn't think it was necessary.

thanks for trying

Second half is not that important.

About first half.
    You should create account, name it whatever u like and then ADD it to the administrators group. You did that?
    Btw, before first launch under this account, try logging once and running crossfire.
    Try to create one more acc, login and run crossfire.
  • I just tried doing what you said in your last post, and it didn't work again :(

I created the account as a limited profile, logged into it, tried running cross fire and there was a different error that popped up right after I clicked start game, saying :"Failed to download version.ini." I retried running the game and the same error happened. So then I went to my original account, switched the other account that I had just created to Administrator and tried running cross fire on my original account through the other account, but the original error occured again :(

(the file was changed or forged one)
  • I just tried doing what you said in your last post, and it didn't work again :(

I created the account as a limited profile, logged into it, tried running cross fire and there was a different error that popped up right after I clicked start game, saying :"Failed to download version.ini." I retried running the game and the same error happened. So then I went to my original account, switched the other account that I had just created to Administrator and tried running cross fire on my original account through the other account, but the original error occured again :(

(the file was changed or forged one)

error with version.ini occures when new profile is not added to the administrators group.

Once again.
    You go to profiles, create new one (what is "limited profile" btw?).
    THen go to groups. Open administrative group.
    Then click ADD. Type in yr new profile name, click FIND.
    It gonna find your new profile like "mycomputername\newprofilename). Click OK.
    Now, your new profile should be in administrators group.
    TO be sure it works under this profile, loginto it, and start crossfire.

Very important is (for me did not work if not) the account MUST have password and MUST be added to admin group.

P.S. btw, for me it started working after i did everything written in FAQ, like total uninstall, reg clean, 'clear' install of new version, etc.
  • it's still not working :(:(

I created a new limited profile, (there are two profile accounts, one is limited and the other is administrative), then after a couple of minutes I went and changed it to administrative (i know for sure that i changed it, your windows seems different because you have options that i don't have but changing the account on my version is very easy, you just click the button in the control pannel) and then i logged into the new account, tried running cross fire and it didn't work. i then created a password, logged into my original account and tried running cross fire through the new account, but to no avail as i got the File was changed or forged error again.

I already did a total uninstal twice, and i installed it once while cross fire was still on my computer to see if that changed anything. none of the times helped at all
  • i really need some more help... it's still not working. Can a GM tell me what to do?
  • And same problem here. Tried everything. Re-download, re-install etc... no luck
  • comon GMs!!! we need a fix. also, i bought body armor a day or two before i couldnt log on anymore. do i not get those back? i don't see why i should have to suffer for the game not working properly
  • xcratex wrote: »
    i have the same thing just now, but its always stuck at 48%.. Sec ill get a picture in a lil! Need answers asap

bug.jpg

cheesy back round xd
  • My friend had that glitch 2.He re-installed but that didn't work.I sent him my CF.exe that worked.
  • I get this problem every now and again. Seems to be after so many programs have been opened or something.

Anyway, I normally just restart the computer. It refreshes the whole system, and CF gets right back on track again. Never had to go to any extremes like uninstalling to date, thus far.

See if that helps the next time you get the error.
  • that doesnt work. i try loading cross fire right after i start up my computer and i still get the error
  • Reboot -> no go
    Uninstall, reboot, re-install -> no go
    Uninstall, reboot, re-download, re-install -> no go

Seems everything started after i bought weapons. I guess they will expire before i get the chance to use them. aaaaarg...
  • I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET IT TO WORK!!!!!! To get it to work, I went to this page, PMed to me by [GM]FallenAngel

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=32

None of the things on that page helped me, until I got to a certain part. Here it is:

* Uninstall and Reinstall Cross Fire using the following proper method.

o Uninstall the game via the control panel and/or uninstaller.

o Delete the two default CF Folders that are left on your drive. located in 'Program Files/SubaGames/CrossFire/' and the other is in 'Documents/Cross Fire/'

o Download a fresh copy of the game from the site and install it.

o Secondary Solution to the install. Choose a new directory/subpath/drive when installing the game.

I'll point out what you need to do from here. I removed cross fire from my computer via the add or remove option in the control panel, and then did this:

o Delete the two default CF Folders that are left on your drive. located in 'Program Files/SubaGames/CrossFire/' and the other is in 'Documents/Cross Fire/'

after I did that, I downloaded cross fire (I had tried uninstalling and downloading it more than 3 times already from mirror 1 and 2) from MIRROR 3. i don't know if downloading it from mirror 3 was what fixed it, and i doubt it was, but better safe than sorry. After you download it, install it.

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART THAT MOST LIKELY FIXED THE PROBLEM: When you are about to install it and it asks where you want to save the cross fire data, MAKE A NEW PLACE TO PUT IT. Do not put it in the default spot, or you will keep getting the same error. There should be two different spots that you have to change the location of when the things will be installed. One default location is something like: "Program Files/z8games/CrossFire/" make sure you save it to a new folder. I forget what the other default location is called, but it's under the start menu.

I hope this helped. Please post if this worked for you or if you have any questions, i'll try my best to help