Mods?

As rude as this might soung, I think Saiden should really consider who is a Mod. Some of them are no offense, but some of the most biased view minded people and close threads for literally the worst reasons and sometimes even leave with a rude and provacative comment.

Its not that Im jealous or anything, but if I were to write that same equivalent provative comment, I would probably be infracted. This double standard is really just unnecessary.

Im not talking on my behalf because the thread I have made had good reasons for them to be closed.

I have examples, but its against the rules to post things which have been discussed or closed or whatever.

Seirosly though... Then they're the mods that repeatedly break rules themselves, ones that act as if they were somehow drunk at the keyboard, etc.

TL;DR How are some Mods Mods?

Comments

• They're mature and cool. Most of them. They just follow the rules whether we like them or not. Yeah...they close some threads but sometimes they do it to prevent flame wars or nerd fights.

So far I haven't seen them do anything wrong O.o
  • So far I haven't seen them do anything wrong O.o

Are you serios?

I really want to put some examples up here.

Yes, MOST Of them are ok, but a few say some unnecessary garbage.
  • They're mature and cool. Most of them. They just follow the rules whether we like them or not. Yeah...they close some threads but sometimes they do it to prevent flame wars or nerd fights.

So far I haven't seen them do anything wrong O.o

so all mods are cool? dont think so.
  • BibtOb wrote: »
    so all mods are cool? dont think so.

Did you miss the "most of them" part?

Open da eyes.
    Are you serios?

I really want to put some examples up here.

Yes, MOST Of them are ok, but a few say some unnecessary garbage.

I'm seriosly serios. Mind showing me what they've said? I've seen some of those things but aren't they dealt with anyways?
  • I haven't seen any of the mods do anything out of line that wasn't taken care of or apologized for.
  • l_Maven_l wrote: »
    I haven't seen any of the mods do anything out of line that wasn't taken care of or apologized for.

Let me just say that "Acting" as if you were drunk at the keyboard and closing threads with personal and direct somewhat derrogative commentary isnt out of line?
  • Most of the mods are very strict, they can be smart about some things. Just like all of us can be. They enforce punishment when needed.

Thats why I, Joshua Fitzwater is there next mod, I will FORCE the rules and do my job right.

#CampaignON
  • Moderators are chosen because they give something to the community. They may not appear to be the best moderators, but trust me, they work their butts off behind the scenes. I'm friends with a few of them, and the things they do would make the average forumer cry.

Some moderators may be as some say, "immature". It's because, with amount of [insert bad word here] that they deal with everyday on the forums, they just can't sit down and type full out sentences like you and I. They have to go around and constantly work. That's why we have moderators from different parts of the country, so that some mods can go have a break and live their lives.

Trust me, I've worked with tons of people in one day [ESL administration isn't a breeze, you know]. It gets tiring.
  • l_Maven_l wrote: »
    I haven't seen any of the mods do anything out of line that wasn't taken care of or apologized for.

^
    This

+ the fact they can do whatever they want. As harsh as that may sound. The way they handle things might not be justified in your eyes, but they are the mods of this forum. Pretty sure the people that deserved to get banned, did get banned. Rules are rules.
  • TorisBabe wrote: »
    Most of the mods are very strict, they can be smart about some things. Just like all of us can be. They enforce punishment when needed.

Thats why I, Joshua Fitzwater is there next mod, I will FORCE the rules and do my job right.

#CampaignON

so anyone caught crouch awping better than you in a vid is gonna get forum banned :P ? joke TOWLIE! :D
  • ESLHi wrote: »
    Moderators are chosen because they give something to the community. They may not appear to be the best moderators, but trust me, they work their butts off behind the scenes. I'm friends with a few of them, and the things they do would make the average forumer cry.

Some moderators may be as some say, "immature". It's because, with amount of [insert bad word here] that they deal with everyday on the forums, they just can't sit down and type full out sentences like you and I. They have to go around and constantly work. That's why we have moderators from different parts of the country, so that some mods can go have a break and live their lives.

Trust me, I've worked with tons of people in one day [ESL administration isn't a breeze, you know]. It gets tiring.

That doenst justify it at all. It never will. Everyone HAS a life and probably goes through hard stuff in their life as well.

To victimize them is just ridiculous.
  • LazaIzKing wrote: »
    so anyone caught crouch awping better than you in a vid is gonna get forum banned :P ? joke TOWLIE! :D

What are you talking about?

Please explain.
  • That doenst justify it at all. It never will. Everyone HAS a life and probably goes through hard stuff in their life as well.

To victimize them is just ridiculous.

They're mods, they were hand picked by [GM]Saidin, trained, and experienced to moderate the forums. There's nothing you can change, it's the same process, a moderator resigns because of life problems, another is handpicked and made to be a moderator. The way that they are handpicked is known only by those who were present at the time of deliberation. It's not a pick out of the hat, or else this community would have been infested with trolls already.
    They're mods, they were hand picked by [GM]Saidin, trained, and experienced to moderate the forums. There's nothing you can change, it's the same process, a moderator resigns because of life problems, another is handpicked and made to be a moderator. The way that they are handpicked is known only by those who were present at the time of deliberation. It's not a pick out of the hat, or else this community would have been infested with trolls already.

Ok, but your whole argument was that they have hectic lives and that justifies some of the Mod's rude behavior.

Im not against Moderators. Dont get me wrong. Im just saying that Saiden should check up on some of the Mods. Seriosly, some of them are trolls themselves.
  • Ok, but your whole argument was that they have hectic lives and that justifies some of the Mod's rude behavior.

Im not against Moderators. Dont get me wrong. Im just saying that Saiden should check up on some of the Mods. Seriosly, some of them are trolls themselves.

They're not necessarily rude. Polleus has stated numerous times that he is stating facts, and if he comes out too strong, it's not anything personal.

I meant to state that their hectic lives in addition to trolls on the forum leads to them being irritated. They're all human, you can take the world's nicest man, and if you irritate him enough, turn him into a raging lunatic. It's all psychological, and sometimes it takes the better of them.
  • Moderators close, ban and infract people based on THEIR judgement. Not yours. If you dont agree with it then PM them or tough.
    They're not necessarily rude. Polleus has stated numerous times that he is stating facts, and if he comes out too strong, it's not anything personal.

I meant to state that their hectic lives in addition to trolls on the forum leads to them being irritated. They're all human, you can take the world's nicest man, and if you irritate him enough, turn him into a raging lunatic. It's all psychological, and sometimes it takes the better of them.

Isnt the whole point of picking mods to "Moderate"? Dont pick someone that cant keep their cool. Nuff said imho.

And Polleus doenst sound rude. He actually has some form of sophisticated prose compared to a few mods.
  • Moderators close, ban and infract people based on THEIR judgement. Not yours. If you dont agree with it then PM them or tough.

when i dont agree with them i make other useless threads, i dont pm them sorry.
    when i dont agree with them i make other useless threads, i dont pm them sorry.

Then youll get banned
  • Isnt the whole point of picking mods to "Moderate"? Dont pick someone that cant keep their cool. Nuff said imho.

And Polleus doenst sound rude. He actually has some form of sophisticated prose compared to a few mods.

Then name any moderator, and I'll give you justification for why they sound immature.
  • Then youll get banned

it's already done.. go ahead. thank you ba bye
    it's already done.. go ahead. thank you ba bye

Nah, not worth the effort. Youre obviously trying too hard.
  • Ok, but your whole argument was that they have hectic lives and that justifies some of the Mod's rude behavior.

It's a loose loose situation for them.

They do things right and clean stuff up immediately and people yell at them for closing and/or deleting things before they had a chance to be trolled. Or they close things late and everyone complains because the reason they closed it off is a one-line "we're done here" type statement.

Trolling is not closing a thread with a response to end the subject. (Even if it is premature). Trolling comes when the other person continues to post the same stuff over and over again. And the more they do that, the more random forumers start jumping on the bandwagon. And within 10 minutes we've got one moderator trying to remove threads and people from the boards as fast as they can post hate threads.

It's not an easy job.

Working with these boards both from a technical and social standpoint is a constant uphill battle.

The fact that these guys remain active and help as much as they do sometimes boggles even my mind.

Also, it's Saidin. Not Saiden.
  • Nah, not worth the effort. Youre obviously trying too hard.

banning someone takes less time than posting some **** like this

Its not about my Judgment.

I'm talking about the manner they do it. You dont NEED to say something like "THEIR" and emphasize that word if that makes sense.

It just leads to more anger and literally encourages them to troll even more. See what I mean?

That and some of the Mods arnt even Moderating. I barely see Bruce and some other Mods at all.
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    It's a loose loose situation for them.

They do things right and clean stuff up immediately and people yell at them for closing and/or deleting things before they had a chance to be trolled. Or they close things late and everyone complains because the reason they closed it off is a one-line "we're done here" type statement.

It seems that currently the close thread button is the go-to for many MODs at this point. I've seen multiple threads that could just be cleaned up, rather than flat out closing.
  • That and some of the Mods arnt even Moderating. I barely see Bruce and some other Mods at all.

When a Moderator disappears, they're usually given a "glory" time if you will, when Saidin feels it's been to long, he puts them on LOA.

Same goes if they're still around, but dont do much work. They get a talking to, and it goes from there.
  • So when people constantly make useless threads on pointless things or not reading the rules and directly addressing another member..multiple times per day and mods take action over and over again...then a mod says something that might be slighted...you want them to be removed?
    Heres an idea and this isnt directed to you in no means...you know we get along. STOP trolling mods, follow the rules...that simple. Of course they get a little agitated. They take their free time to try and help this community out and this is what they get? Come on....
  • Denxi wrote: »
    It seems that currently the close thread button is the go-to for many MODs at this point. I've seen multiple threads that could just be cleaned up, rather than flat out closing.

I can probably agree with that. Because of the increase in traffic, often times a thread gets buried pretty quickly as opposed to constantly merged and/or removed.
This discussion has been closed.