headset

2»

Comments

• Go for the Audio Technica ATH-AD700. Feels like you have heaven on your head.
  • the ad700's are really good. my friend has a pair and they're really nice.

I use the siberia v2's (driverless) and they work really well for me. I think they were $70 if you want to go a bit over your limit, and the mic is very clear as far as sound quality and the wire is more flexible than luck's mom.
  • Logitech Headsets 40-50$ are usually the best in that price range.
  • i got a pair of hd555s modded to 595s that i am willing to sell at around $50 us shipped.
  • Just cough up the money for some Beyerdynamic MMX 300's and call it a day.
  • Creative Fatality is the thing I use atm.

Pretty good,you can take mic out or turn it off.
  • Just cough up the money for some Beyerdynamic MMX 300's and call it a day.

i did that and couldn't be happier
  • i have a turtlebeach px21(about $100) and a microsoft lifechat LX-3000 (about $40). i mainly use my lifechat for the PC and my turtlebeach for my ps3, but i've used the turtlebeach on the PC playing crossfire before. It's really not much of an advantage, and it certain situations its worse to have the turtlebeach. With the lifechat headset if a ghost is directly do your right, you dont hear any sound with your left ear, which makes it easy to pinpoint. With the turtlebeach on the otherhand, if a ghost is on your right you can still hear it a bit with your left ear, it's just quieter than your right ear. This makes it more difficult to pinpoint while the ghost is directly to your side.

The turtlebeach is better for ghosts behind you though, as i never get confused by whether or not the ghost is infront or behind me with the turtlebeach but on rare occasions it takes me a second or two before i realize that the ghost is behind me with the lifechat. This has gotten me killed a few times but its still a rare occurence.

The turtlebeach is better for ghosts behind you though, as i never get confused by whether or not the ghost is infront or behind me with the turtlebeach but on rare occasions it takes me a second or two before i realize that the ghost is behind me with the lifechat. This has gotten me killed a few times but its still a rare occurence.

Ok, gotta interrupt you here.
    How can you tell when a ghost is in front or behind you, when this game doesn't support surround sound (more than 2 channels)? You'd need 4 channel or 5.1 surroundsound support to hear sounds from the front center channel or the rear channels.

Whether I use my beyerdynamic MMX 300's with my X-fi + Astro A40's (Dolby Digital Live mode), or my Logitech Z-5500's, there's NO sound from the rear channel speakers (and setting my Z-5500's to Surround X2 mode, simply copies the front left and front right to the rear channels, aka fake surround).

Or does the game engine "cheat" and play footsteps at different pitches (never bothered to care to try to care) if footsteps come from in front or behind you?
  • Ok, gotta interrupt you here.
    How can you tell when a ghost is in front or behind you, when this game doesn't support surround sound (more than 2 channels)? You'd need 4 channel or 5.1 surroundsound support to hear sounds from the front center channel or the rear channels.

Whether I use my beyerdynamic MMX 300's with my X-fi + Astro A40's (Dolby Digital Live mode), or my Logitech Z-5500's, there's NO sound from the rear channel speakers (and setting my Z-5500's to Surround X2 mode, simply copies the front left and front right to the rear channels, aka fake surround).

Or does the game engine "cheat" and play footsteps at different pitches (never bothered to care to try to care) if footsteps come from in front or behind you?

The px21 has an "expander" switch which basically cheats as you said I suppose.