Ghosts in Light?

Comments

• lol

lol dont go in the ligth and gr dont wiew you
  • bad thing is that u can see ghosts even standing infront of the smoke/light D:
  • Sucks

its that when your in light u can be seen and that makes it so u can t tell diffrence between h@ckers and legit players
    Ign:*-*_Sick_*-*
    Clan: Synergy
  • i stopped playing gm for 1 reason, too much "hack" typing....got annoying...
  • the problem with it is...it doesnt make any sence because why are you being shown? Because you cant be invisible because theres smoke behind you and because of your mass you block the GRs sights to the smoke..If that were true, than the whole invisible suit wouldn't work because if it blends you into the walls and floor while you move it could blend you into smoke... All the logic is gone T.T I say crossfire should be catagorized as a fansity game now :O
  • GR is actually really hard cuz they cant go anywhere without getting sliced at by a axe or slashed by a knife or get noobed by a shovel..
  • btjc007 wrote: »
    GR is actually really hard cuz they cant go anywhere without getting sliced at by a axe or slashed by a knife or get noobed by a shovel..
    Lol tape speakers to your ears and crank up the volume you'll here them ;) (JK)

OT: Anyways there's nothing wrong with this played as BL still as easy as before stop playing against noobs that cant hop then it wont be so easy.
  • 'x wrote:
    Orm[x;2040613']Lol tape speakers to your ears and crank up the volume you'll here them ;) (JK)

OT: Anyways there's nothing wrong with this played as BL still as easy as before stop playing against noobs that cant hop then it wont be so easy.

lolz. taping speakers to ears, so pro.

I agree. Only way this change is harmful is if you sucked to begin with, nuff said. If you can BH, than you can still BH away from "light infested areas"
  • Gnomedog wrote: »
    the problem with it is...it doesnt make any sence because why are you being shown? Because you cant be invisible because theres smoke behind you and because of your mass you block the GRs sights to the smoke..If that were true, than the whole invisible suit wouldn't work because if it blends you into the walls and floor while you move it could blend you into smoke... All the logic is gone T.T I say crossfire should be catagorized as a fansity game now :O

The suit isn't an invisible suit, nor is it a blend suit. It's a translucent suit meaning it re-directs light around you. That's why if you stand perfectly still, you would be invisible. However, if you stand in front of smoke, the suit is standing in a darker spot so now the suit can't redirect as much light because it's mostly smoke.

Reason why you get seen if you stand in front of light is because the light is brighter than the rest of the light around. So the suit is redirecting 2 kinds of light which means that you are invisible to the bright light, but to the darker light, you can be seen.

And like I said before, you can have 5 items at least as a BL and be able to kill effeciently that you're complaining about a mere light or smoke that is around, but not everywhere in the map. There's still alot of hiding places to work with.
  • to ghosts: just dont camp. never got kill by light or smoke. so i have no problem
  • I agree with alot of what you guys said, but im going to side with GR being way too easy now, i mostly play GR and being able to run up and knife ghosts without any problems other than being called a hacker makes things a little too easy. I think smoke should stay but the light thing is too much, on almost all maps A and B site is filled with lights. GR get guns, granades, smoke, SOUND, and of course everyonce in a while a hacker while BL gets shovels, axes, katana, and a knife? you can be the worlds best bhopper but if you go infront of light or smoke for even a second youll be seen and most likely killed.

Im not saying you cant kill while being on BL, i can still kill easily and i liked and had fun with GM before the patch but im a nobody in this game, i mean i wasnt really all that bad but i went 37 and 2 in a game and all i was doing was using a deagle camo.. it took the skill out of the game and im going to pray that with the next patch they make it as to how it use to be.

and if youre someone who likes the new patch, and/or needs the new patch then im sorry, but you can simply just get better lol learn to pinpoint, its really not that hard, use headphones! if the ghost is on the left then you will hear breathe on the left side! it really is just that simple
  • SunXP wrote: »
    to ghosts: just dont camp. never got kill by light or smoke. so i have no problem
    riiight. until you bhop between ghosts and GR, because you're not camping. maye we'll get a decent answer from Z8Games here:

http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=141108
  • but i have to admit that the light can sometimes annoy a bhopper
  • fortoiseau wrote: »
    In G-M mode ,too many hackker play !
    You missed a key post, grenades after they explode can show where you were, and the light that usually shows your position when you are sitting on it, has been extended at least 10 feet all around.

In short, don't go near anything that is bright in ghost mode, you will get found.
  • vMiami wrote: »
    The suit isn't an invisible suit, nor is it a blend suit. It's a translucent suit meaning it re-directs light around you. That's why if you stand perfectly still, you would be invisible. However, if you stand in front of smoke, the suit is standing in a darker spot so now the suit can't redirect as much light because it's mostly smoke.

Reason why you get seen if you stand in front of light is because the light is brighter than the rest of the light around. So the suit is redirecting 2 kinds of light which means that you are invisible to the bright light, but to the darker light, you can be seen.

And like I said before, you can have 5 items at least as a BL and be able to kill effeciently that you're complaining about a mere light or smoke that is around, but not everywhere in the map. There's still alot of hiding places to work with.

uhh Z8Games changed it back so im right ur wrong HA! (jk) (not rly xD) But i never QQed about it hard for ghosts to kill =o
  • SunXP wrote: »
    but i have to admit that the light can sometimes annoy a bhopper

That's only if you fail the bhop. A perfect bhop can't be seen
  • btw guys. ghosts were always seen by light. not a new thing. if you just noticed, obviously its not a big deal.
  • ...Don't stand in it? There are only so many places where it can happen.
  • Actually, light helps out GR. A skilled ghost will bunnyhop past light without even getting noticed ... It's a VERY hard task to kill a skilled ghost with breathdown + spade. I think BL even have a slight edge sometimes. So light is quite balanced, as far as I can see it.
  • EmoTiiVe wrote: »
    Actually, light helps out GR. A skilled ghost will bunnyhop past light without even getting noticed ... It's a VERY hard task to kill a skilled ghost with breathdown + spade. I think BL even have a slight edge sometimes. So light is quite balanced, as far as I can see it.

learn to pinpoint?

its true that most of the things said were true but really? gm is unbalanced? not really sure GR has guns, nades, light and sound but BL has a bunch of items to make them almost impossible to find.

if ur found in a light, then obviously u dont know how to bhop or ur camping way too much

even without the special items a good bhopper will be able to jump right beside u and kill u without being heard

and whats with people QQing about shovels? sure they might have a quite a long range but if u know how to play GR its kinda easy to counter them.

plus now they fixed the light situation so its really well balanced now
  • Calutch wrote: »
    Are You Serious? "Invisible When Not Moving" MY ASS This light thing needs to get off my lawn now. As if GR wasnt Easy Enough?
    Well, when you think about it, it makes perfect sense. The cloaking technology is based on bending light. So if you would stand in a strong concentration of light, you would become partially visible. In fact, I think they should bring the smoke glitch we had 2 patches ago back as well.

Ghostmode is easy enough for who? Even amazingly good pin pointers get there asses handed to them by bunny hoppers. Especially the shovelers that tank damage as well. People like Samurai_Mo, [BloodClart], and many others, there is almost no playing against them because of how they have mastered bunny hopping. And if you have the unfortunate luck of having a RPK/M60 sprayer on your team, then you can forget pin pointing all together.

30uuypz.jpg

My Suggestions: Ak-47 Custom FN Five-seveN Custom Glock-18 Adv. M110 s.a.s.s. M4A1 Masterkey MAC 10 Suppressed XM110 Spec-ops
  • I know this sounds stupid, but what light thing are you all talking about??

Unless the game patched yesterday, because i'm away from home just blogging on a hotel computer.

The only glitch i noticed after the may patch was that the ghosts are visible in the beginning of the game if you just joined.

and the only light glitch i can come up with is that when you're in the light (a site at lab or the relic of lost relics) you can see the ghost but hasn't it always been like that??

can someone inform me of this new light issue? im missing out -.-
  • Tinamou1 wrote: »
    I know this sounds stupid, but what light thing are you all talking about??

Unless the game patched yesterday, because i'm away from home just blogging on a hotel computer.

The only glitch i noticed after the may patch was that the ghosts are visible in the beginning of the game if you just joined.

and the only light glitch i can come up with is that when you're in the light (a site at lab or the relic of lost relics) you can see the ghost but hasn't it always been like that??

can someone inform me of this new light issue? im missing out -.-
    There is no new light issue. He's talking about the old one, like the light beam in Laboratory on A site.

30uuypz.jpg

My Suggestions: Ak-47 Custom FN Five-seveN Custom Glock-18 Adv. M110 s.a.s.s. M4A1 Masterkey MAC 10 Suppressed XM110 Spec-ops
  • You guys do realize this thread is nearly 3 months old.. This issue no longer exists and you're still argueing over it...
  • Razgriz575 wrote: »
    I'm here just to get my ribbon D:
    for what ribbon? military intelligence is allready removed long time ago.
  • IKCMI wrote: »
    learn to pinpoint?

its true that most of the things said were true but really? gm is unbalanced? not really sure GR has guns, nades, light and sound but BL has a bunch of items to make them almost impossible to find.

if ur found in a light, then obviously u dont know how to bhop or ur camping way too much

even without the special items a good bhopper will be able to jump right beside u and kill u without being heard

and whats with people QQing about shovels? sure they might have a quite a long range but if u know how to play GR its kinda easy to counter them.

plus now they fixed the light situation so its really well balanced now
    I can pinpoint.

Also, shover = melee version of M12. OP and laggy. When I'm on BL and have a breathdown + spade ghost on my team, I ask him once not to use it. If he keeps using the spade, I'll kick him out.