What's the point of patching?

I was just wondering, with the past patch.. all nice stuff like the new M4 and Dual Uzi and stuff like that, but why won't they filter out the hackers when they gonna patch the game? Thats the point of patching isn't it?

I mean the use of a patch is to 'upgrade' so most hacks that are used will no longer work ingame, now I logged on back after the last patch, and noticed the hackers have almost trippled then before. Now i know there are a lot of complaints about this.. But its really annoying, because the reporting ticket doesn't work for ****.. The day before yesterday I reported a total of 7 hackers, and they still log on to the game and use hacks.

So why won't you guys just patch the HACKS in the game, instead of adding some pink weapons and gay grenades..

Please explain this to me, because it makes no sense at all....

Comments

• I was just wondering, with the past patch.. all nice stuff like the new M4 and Dual Uzi and stuff like that, but why won't they filter out the hackers when they gonna patch the game? Thats the point of patching isn't it?

I mean the use of a patch is to 'upgrade' so most hacks that are used will no longer work ingame, now I logged on back after the last patch, and noticed the hackers have almost trippled then before. Now i know there are a lot of complaints about this.. But its really annoying, because the reporting ticket doesn't work for ****.. The day before yesterday I reported a total of 7 hackers, and they still log on to the game and use hacks.

So why won't you guys just patch the HACKS in the game, instead of adding some pink weapons and gay grenades..

+1 to this thread
    point is - money,money,money
  • arammann wrote: »
    +1 to this thread
    point is - money,money,money

Fail

Patching is added content anf bug fixes... not hack patching.
  • Patch update = game content and bug fixes
    Xtrap update = hack patching
  • If your ganna yell at someone about the hacks then yell at X-Trap.
    Besides Just keep reporting the hackers and theyl eventually get banned.
  • Xtrap does patch the hacks. Problem is no-life programmers make new hacks the second day after each update.

I personally have reached a point where im not bothered by "see through wall" hacks anymore. I can take that. Just get rid of the damned 1 hit killers!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yeah xtrap has patched the hack's
    but i still see a troll that uses m700 with 1shot aimbot and auto fire and sprays a m700 clip in 1 second
  • This is why I think Z8 should preform mass-bans based on Process IDs to determine hacks. If a couple hundred hackers get banned at once, most will be too scared to hack.

But of course then Z8 would lose $50 in potential revenue so we can't do that.
  • Fail

Patching is added content anf bug fixes... not hack patching.

No sir, you're the fail: Horrible ass moderator that can't close a mother****ing thread without trying to troll people. You landed in that MOD status without knowing how. I seriously and honestly think if you are MOD, anyone can get it. Please do this community a favor and ****ing shoot yourself or at least close the ****ing thread and keep your hands off the keyboard, because, let me say it clearly: every time you touch it, only crap comes out.
  • As it was said, hacks are patched. but X-trap is our main source of blocking hacks. Often when hacks are patched they just find new ways around them. It's a never ending battle that's not as easy to win as most people think. Basically every game on PC still has hackers in it. This is because if the program is on your computer, you can do what you want with it with some know-how. Even WoW has hacks for it still, and just think about how much Blizzard has to dump into preventing them.

To think that G4box does not care about everyone hacking their game is just foolish. Being you guys want to go back to this "all they care about is money" idea. If someone just starts playing the game and runs into hackers every other game, do you think they will play it for long, let alone by ZP?

I'll keep this open as long as you guys can keep it logical.
  • why don't you MODs just say it X-Trap is more like X-Crap hell you can't even talk to the guys that make the damn thing cause they can't even speck english. So much for the English only terms.

as far as the patch goes yes it's all about the money cause everything in the last 3 patches have been for zp.

free game yes to a point. A very >limited< point.

thank you
    athrun
  • a question to you [MOD]BlindRob:

i don't know much about how a hacker acts or so... but is there no chance to make a ip-ban for hackers? as i said i'm really not well versed in hack-things... and i believe that it isn't that easy for g4box/x-trap to handle all the hacks... and i know that z8games act more as a broker, than has the authority to decide all the things or not?
  • But X-Trap (and potentially Z8) are possibly ignoring player suggestions on how to block hacks completely. They seem to think we are a bunch of dumb eleven year olds who have no idea how the game works. Some of us are incredible developers and security experts who know how to solve problems. If X-Trap gave us more info on how the current system works and what suggestions they commonly get that aren't possible, we could eventually reach the solution. I still stand by my idea of using MD5 file verification to look for modded clients, but again, I have no idea how the hell it works and so as a result I'm not sure if my idea is brilliant or just flat-out ridiculous.

But another I idea I have is to find a talented hack maker from either of the two infamous websites, and pay them a crapload to work for Z8 so they can tell X-Trap and Z8 how they make hacks.

The most famous generals in battle used to think like the enemy would, how could that not be good in this situation?

EDIT: Another example is when the FBI hired a famous criminal for fraudulent crimes to crack down on identity thieves. It was very successful and one of their best moves by far.
  • iDrake wrote: »
    No sir, you're the fail: Horrible ass moderator that can't close a mother****ing thread without trying to troll people. You landed in that MOD status without knowing how. I seriously and honestly think if you are MOD, anyone can get it. Please do this community a favor and ****ing shoot yourself or at least close the ****ing thread and keep your hands off the keyboard, because, let me say it clearly: every time you touch it, only crap comes out.

what he said was not really trolling he gave an explanation that it is not z8 that patches hacks it is xtrap.... what you getting so angry about??.....

some peopel need to smoke some dope and chill or something :rolleyes:
  • Some of us are incredible developers and security experts who know how to solve problems. If X-Trap gave us more info on how the current system works .

yes xtrap just give us information on how you actually stop the hackers.... the hackers wont see that info or anything and get their job of making new hacks easier.. ofcorsee not
  • what he said was not really trolling he gave an explanation that it is not z8 that patches hacks it is xtrap.... what you getting so angry about??.....

some peopel need to smoke some dope and chill or something :rolleyes:

do a quicksearch on his posts and you'll see what i'm talking about
  • yes xtrap just give us information on how you actually stop the hackers.... the hackers wont see that info or anything and get their job of making new hacks easier.. ofcorsee not

You're correct. But I don't mean release all of it. But not that it really matters right now, considering their system doesn't seem to working anyways. Considering I got kicked for having for having 45-23 in a fortress game when I kept re-joining in order to kick an obvious one-hitter with 50-10 KDR but whenever I called a kick vote it was denied 4-12. At least they could tell us the suggestions that we send on whether or not they would work.
  • iDrake wrote: »

I smell rage.
  • CptCrusie wrote: »
    I smell rage.
    You can smell everything, but the guy is right. That MOD is trolling more than user do it.
  • Wishjj wrote: »
    Company = Money = New reskins.
    and ...NEW reskins = boring
  • JuSzBLaZe wrote: »
    And that's what I meant.

A company needs money to survive, but if they just add new reskins, we're just gonna be mad.

BUT THEY DON'T DECIDE, The devs do.
  • Wishjj wrote: »
    Company = Money = New reskins.
    JuSzBLaZe wrote: »

They don't take the forum community that much into consideration when we don't like the things that are released in this game because a majority of the money earned by the company come from regular eveyday players.. a huge amount of the money earned comes from foriegners who barrowly speak english. There are far more players in game that don't quit know what's going on then there are on the forums. This being said, they aren't going to stop spending money.
  • OrigMotion wrote: »
    They don't take the forum community that much into consideration when we don't like the things that are released in this game because a majority of the money earned by the company come from regular eveyday players.. a huge amount of the money earned comes from foriegners who barrowly speak english. There are far more players in game that don't quit know what's going on then there are on the forums. This being said, they aren't going to stop spending money.

This is what MOST people in the "forum" community don't understand. Users here in the forum make up only a FRACTION of the people that actually play this game. You are NOT the majority, only the English-speaking / English-understanding majority that can use the forums.

There are FAR more players in this game and NONE of you know the actual numbers. So, to say that what SmileGate and G4Box are doing isn't working? I would love to hear the facts on that one. You're saying it doesn't work because people in the forum community don't like it?

Now to address the patching situation. G4Box has NO control over patching hacks. SmileGate uses the auto-ban system but that is the only point of control outside of X-Trap. X-Trap has the responsibility to patch the hacks that G4Box sends them and they do.

Here's a thought - Try blaming that actual problem which is the hack coders. Hack coders are what ruin this game, not G4Box and not X-Trap. There is only so much you can do against a group of people who's sole purpose is to hack your game. Eventually, exploits will be found. That's inevitable. All we can do is keep patching. We have no control over how fast hack coders find a way around it, it's going to happen.

For those of you who claim other anti-cheats are better, please enlighten me. WHAT online PC first-person-shooter doesn't have cheats? Quake Live got rid of Punkbuster because it didn't work. You can find cheat programs for almost any popular FPS out there and thus shows my point. Care to give G4Box a better option? I'd like to see you try.
  • This is what MOST people in the "forum" community don't understand. Users here in the forum make up only a FRACTION of the people that actually play this game. You are NOT the majority, only the English-speaking / English-understanding majority that can use the forums.

There are FAR more players in this game and NONE of you know the actual numbers. So, to say that what SmileGate and G4Box are doing isn't working? I would love to hear the facts on that one. You're saying it doesn't work because people in the forum community don't like it?

Now to address the patching situation. G4Box has NO control over patching hacks. SmileGate uses the auto-ban system but that is the only point of control outside of X-Trap. X-Trap has the responsibility to patch the hacks that G4Box sends them and they do.

Here's a thought - Try blaming that actual problem which is the hack coders. Hack coders are what ruin this game, not G4Box and not X-Trap. There is only so much you can do against a group of people who's sole purpose is to hack your game. Eventually, exploits will be found. That's inevitable. All we can do is keep patching. We have no control over how fast hack coders find a way around it, it's going to happen.

For those of you who claim other anti-cheats are better, please enlighten me. WHAT online PC first-person-shooter doesn't have cheats? Quake Live got rid of Punkbuster because it didn't work. You can find cheat programs for almost any popular FPS out there and thus shows my point. Care to give G4Box a better option? I'd like to see you try.

Yea you go girl!
  • do something radical, from your point of view. what i mean is stop the creation of new accounts, unless by invite. if someone invites a hacker, and the hacker gets caught(banned), a penalty is given to the original guy who invited him (7 Day Ban, 30 day, 60 day, etc).

People will be more carefull who they invite and the game will become hacker free in .... 30 days lets say. There will be hacks available, just no more viable accounts, since they cant create new ones and dont want to risk their high rank ones. Of course many of the hackers have bigger accounts and some idiots even hack with butter bar accounts (clear 1 hit i mean).

I know this is radical, but it doesnt have to be permanent. Just do this for a while and you will see new players can still join, but players that dont hack. Temporary this will work just fine 1-2-3 months, then after you find a new solution.
  • For those of you who claim other anti-cheats are better, please enlighten me. WHAT online PC first-person-shooter doesn't have cheats? Quake Live got rid of Punkbuster because it didn't work. You can find cheat programs for almost any popular FPS out there and thus shows my point. Care to give G4Box a better option? I'd like to see you try.
    Well GameGuard was protecting this game and was crap, but they are protecting other game and they are not that crap. Care to explain why?
  • Patch update = game content and bug fixes
    Xtrap update = hack patching

what i was gonna say.

i think they should just use a perm ban for hacking then cause ppl wont really wanna do it then.
  • I was just wondering, with the past patch.. all nice stuff like the new M4 and Dual Uzi and stuff like that, but why won't they filter out the hackers when they gonna patch the game? Thats the point of patching isn't it?

this patch help the game a lot if u haven't notice the increase amount FPS and better res.

also is xtraps job to patch these hakers.
  • iwrnr wrote: »
    Well GameGuard was protecting this game and was crap, but they are protecting other game and they are not that crap. Care to explain why?

Bunch of cheap asses.
  • iwrnr wrote: »

What other game?