doesn't this sicken you??

lol

when you run out of bullets.. and need to quick switch to pistol and the dude just decides to make it all fancy.. like a spin around the finger or back flipping or RE-cawking it (which he could have done when he spawned)

why must they switch weapons in style?????????

p.s not saying it should be fixed just wanted to lol

Comments

• maybe a zp item that changes it so it looks like you just pull it from a holster and **** it?
  • ____________________________________________________________
    its like that to spice up the game so its not all plain but it dosnt take long for it to switch lol inless u lagg hardout

(\(\ |/ (\(\ |/
    (='.')o (='.')o
    o(_")") o(_")")
    its like that to spice up the game so its not all plain but it dosnt take long for it to switch lol inless u lagg hardout

(\(\ |/ (\(\ |/
    (='.')o (='.')o
    o(_")") o(_")")

You're right, it doesn't take too long, but it's long enough for the other guy to kill you. When I'm sniping and this guy jumps in front of me and I miss the sniper shot, I usually switch to the pistol while jumping backwards all over the place, and switching to the pistol seems like an eternity then.

(\(\ |/ (\(\ |/
    (='.')o (='.')o
    o(_")") o(_")")

yeah I know but.. I RAGE SO HARD and lol at the same time
  • Here's a little tip that I've learnt : Hit every shot, don't miss.

If that all works out fine and dandy, there wouldn't be a need for a pistol :)
  • I just hide reload and go a different way. It doesnt fustrate me when i switch to my secondary.
  • SirHi wrote: »
    Here's a little tip that I've learnt : Hit every shot, don't miss.

sure.
    but how many bullets are there in one clip?
    can you take out a whole team with one clip? :P
    that is the reason for the secondary weapon my friend
  • kartmanny wrote: »
    sure.
    but how many bullets are there in one clip?
    can you take out a whole team with one clip? :P
    that is the reason for the secondary weapon my friend

5 bullets in an AWP, in a 5v5. If you're a good sniper, you don't miss.

Technically, you can get 30 kills from one round in an M4.
  • I think it should be an option rather than a default. Countless times I die because they want to have the person spin a gun around even though he's within an inch of his life.
  • Guys, it's not as if he pulls out his pistol and does a dance on the spot to celebrate his ability to hold a gun, or boast his luck of pulling it out, spinning it around, and not having it go off on his face.

He takes out, and does a small animation. If it were real life, it's not like you could drop a sniper, pull out a pistol, and pick up the sniper right after so fast as pressing "Q" twice on your keyboard.

All it is, is an animation. Whether it's there or not, taking it off wouldn't make it easier for you to shoot faster, nor would it make the time between pulling out the gun and shooting it faster. It's all in the player, and as I've stated before, their accuracy. In war, they don't want somebody to spray down an area to take one man, they want somebody who can shoot accurately, and be a top shooter.
    5 bullets in an AWP, in a 5v5. If you're a good sniper, you don't miss.

Technically, you can get 30 kills from one round in an M4.

well you could, that's true.
    but the chances of that are pretty slim especially if the person isn't just standing still.
    if you're good with an m4 I would say on average 10 bullets per kill.
    remember there is the random shots, prefiring (ahem), box shots (which can reduce your clip without a kill), shooting with wall cover (can't always hit the person especially if they know how to move) and much more.
    with that said, they would push with a secondary while you reload
    Guys, it's not as if he pulls out his pistol and does a dance on the spot to celebrate his ability to hold a gun, or boast his luck of pulling it out, spinning it around, and not having it go off on his face.

He takes out, and does a small animation. If it were real life, it's not like you could drop a sniper, pull out a pistol, and pick up the sniper right after so fast as pressing "Q" twice on your keyboard.

All it is, is an animation. Whether it's there or not, taking it off wouldn't make it easier for you to shoot faster, nor would it make the time between pulling out the gun and shooting it faster. It's all in the player, and as I've stated before, their accuracy. In war, they don't want somebody to spray down an area to take one man, they want somebody who can shoot accurately, and be a top shooter.

-hope that's not for me

just saying that I find it funny in some situations
  • kartmanny wrote: »
    well you could, that's true.
    but the chances of that are pretty slim especially if the person isn't just standing still.
    if you're good with an m4 I would say on average 10 bullets per kill.
    remember there is the random shots, prefiring (ahem), box shots (which can reduce your clip without a kill), shooting with wall cover (can't always hit the person especially if they know how to move) and much more.
    with that said, they would push with a secondary while you reload

Actually, 10 bullets per kill is a bit over the average. It takes one bullet for a headshot. Any player who thinks they are good should average 1 kill per 3 bullets if trying to get headshots, or 1 kill per 5 bullets if spraying down a group of rushers.

A smart player doesn't spam a box with an M4 because they know how horrid it is through boxes. He would know to wait for the perfect moment to get that frag, even if it isn't a crucial one.

Just a bit of my insight.
    kartmanny wrote: »
    -hope that's not for me

just saying that I find it funny in some situations

I know, but it's not as if they're going to pull out a gun in the middle of a battle and shoot it right away, there's always the aiming part, which we have our crosshairs to do for us.
    Guys, it's not as if he pulls out his pistol and does a dance on the spot to celebrate his ability to hold a gun, or boast his luck of pulling it out, spinning it around, and not having it go off on his face.

Well yes dropping a weapon isn't like hitting the release button. It's simply letting go of the weapon.. And yes it would.. Anaconda is a good example. Why on earth would I pull the weapon out, spin it 4 times and cawk it before I shoot when I only have 4 health left?

I see how it is in war, but this is a game.. People can play in whichever style they can and I say that if ppl can run around with a OP'd SMG, then we should be able to get at least our secondary to pull up and ready to shoot without having to spin it.
    Actually, 10 bullets per kill is a bit over the average. It takes one bullet for a headshot. Any player who thinks they are good should average 1 kill per 3 bullets if trying to get headshots, or 1 kill per 5 bullets if spraying down a group of rushers.

A smart player doesn't spam a box with an M4 because they know how horrid it is through boxes. He would know to wait for the perfect moment to get that frag, even if it isn't a crucial one.

Just a bit of my insight.

I know, but it's not as if they're going to pull out a gun in the middle of a battle and shoot it right away, there's always the aiming part, which we have our crosshairs to do for us.

well said but your average good player isn't always pro or doesn't always rely on headshots (not me but I know some though :P)

-you know the guy is lit, and he's biding time for the c4, would you spray box or wait for him to come out, especially if there is another one lurking around?

aside from that.. look at bhopping and shooting.
    good for getting across the map faster without making noise and it also makes it quite hard for the person to get a headshot off of you.

I can see you do have your fair share of gamesense which many are lacking but I guess it's fair to say everyone has their own style which works for them eh?

must say though m4a1 and qbz are amazing at 1 shotting so maybe my fail calculations might be wrong lol
  • It's hard to take this game seriously, Really, Panda and turkey hat's, Nearly impossible
    Here's a little tip that I've learnt : Hit every shot, don't miss.

(\(\ |/ (\(\ |/
    (='.')o (='.')o
    o(_")") o(_")")
  • Originally Posted by SirHi
    "Here's a little tip that I've learnt : Hit every shot, don't miss.

If that all works out fine and dandy, there wouldn't be a need for a pistol"

Easier said than done when the people you're facing slide around corners and not even walk, but just appear in front of doorways.
  • vMiami wrote: »
    Originally Posted by SirHi
    "Here's a little tip that I've learnt : Hit every shot, don't miss.

If that all works out fine and dandy, there wouldn't be a need for a pistol"

Easier said than done when the people you're facing slide around corners and not even walk, but just appear in front of doorways.

(\(\ |/ (\(\ |/
    (='.')o (='.')o
    o(_")") o(_")")
    AWP

I swear to god Hi....
    FIREAGLE wrote: »
    It's hard to take this game seriously, Really, Panda and turkey hat's, Nearly impossible

Get out then.

For the topic at hand.. Its obvious.. its a balancing method to delay weapon switches so switching weapons isnt overpowered
  • For the topic at hand.. Its obvious.. its a balancing method to delay weapon switches so switching weapons isnt overpowered
    This.

Also it's the same for everyone. So i don't see a reason to complain.
    You're not the only one who dies like that.

You can allready switch weapons faster than you ever could irl. Imagine how many people would complain if it took close to no time to switch from primary to secondary.

THIS. THIS. THIS.
    Even when I used to play other games with no shadows and low graphics, I could actually see a model move around corners or make their way out of doors. Even to some extent, back when this game was just out of closed beta, the game felt smoother.

Now models don't even walk or run, they like superman skip a few feet then slideeeeeeeeee a few feet, then instantly turn directions and do the same thing the opposite way.

Moving out from behind cover makes models appear to almost have teleported out from behind it. Jump crouching from out of cover.... my god.

To the op, there has to be a delay. From what I gather you have problems with the animation rather than the fact that there is a delay.

Not to come off as an ass, but deal with it.
  • Kahlann wrote: »
    THIS. THIS. THIS.
    Even when I used to play other games with no shadows and low graphics, I could actually see a model move around corners or make their way out of doors. Even to some extent, back when this game was just out of closed beta, the game felt smoother.

Now models don't even walk or run, they like superman skip a few feet then slideeeeeeeeee a few feet, then instantly turn directions and do the same thing the opposite way.

Moving out from behind cover makes models appear to almost have teleported out from behind it. Jump crouching from out of cover.... my god.

To the op, there has to be a delay. From what I gather you have problems with the animation rather than the fact that there is a delay.

Not to come off as an ass, but deal with it.

wowowow......
    does no one understand I'm not complaining or I don't have a bad computer etc...
    I'm just saying the situation you are in..

ahh forget it
  • maybe a zp iten but don't work with laggers LOL.
    I think it should be an option rather than a default. Countless times I die because they want to have the person spin a gun around even though he's within an inch of his life.

You can't just like... grab a pistol in 0.00000001 second.
  • Zeke3d wrote: »
    You're right, it doesn't take too long, but it's long enough for the other guy to kill you. When I'm sniping and this guy jumps in front of me and I miss the sniper shot, I usually switch to the pistol while jumping backwards all over the place, and switching to the pistol seems like an eternity then.

Lets see you holding a rifle and quickly throw it on your back(with the sling of course) and pull out your pistol... Tell me how fast you can do that...

I bet the game is faster.
  • I swear to god Hi....

<3 It's our word.

Guys, in real life, you're not going to grab a sniper and quick switch. That's as meaningless as walking during a site push. If there was an animation, it would just plain be him pulling out a gun. If you want the quick switch with no animation, it would be unrealistic just to pull a gun out and shoot instantaneously.