Some perspective on this patch

I've been on these forums a long time. I've seen all sorts of opinions on patches and content. One thing I see every month is "Why can't Z8 stop adding new maps and five new guns and just fix some bugs?" Well, you just got that patch, and a lot of the people who are complaining about not having it are the ones complaining about the lack of content now.

While these aren't listed in the patch notes, they're very major and helpful changes:
-CF will now go full screen on Windows 7 without manually changing native resolution
-Performance dramatically increased (getting almost 200 more FPS on my desktop, and my five year old laptop can run CF at over 150 FPS now)
-Reg feels significantly better

Now stop complaining that you only got reskins and go enjoy a much improved game.

Comments

• you're not the only one trying to tell people this. but they won't listen so yeh :/
  • Font was not a good choice, otherwise you guys are doing the usual.
    Doesn't mean anything is fixed in that aspect, anyone can feel anything.
    -CF will now go full screen on Windows 7 without manually changing native resolution
    What? Cross Fire has always worked in full screen for me, did it not work before?

I will play to see if I get more FPS then usual.

Not sure why you are getting mad at people even when you know they will keep doing the same thing regardless of what you say. Over the past few years it has always been the same with peoples opinions.
  • Oh, you got no complaints from me on this. I find it significantly better. This is exactly what I wanted to have happen before getting glitzy guns. As a programmer I will always prefer things to work better before adding presentation layer improvements.
  • _the new font looks ugly and hard to read
    _my friend in america got his ping rocketted to 150 in west server after the new patch. he usually had 20 ping
    _the reg seems worse to me, especially in gm
    _yeah huge fps improvement
  • Maybe those improvements should be also written in the patch note...

First thing that they advertise in the new patch is the new guns (also with huge picture), then new stuffs, and some bug fixing at the bottom.

If you want less people to complain, maybe improve the communication of the patch content...
  • Well said sir.

People take for granted that we even get patches usually every month.

FPS boost and better reg is amazing...

This is what we all wanted/needed.

This patch is FTW
  • Lawl, I'll take "sucky" font as long as I have better fps. I'm not playing Cross Fire to look at people's in game names or sit in the lobby despairing about how "ugly" all the room names are.
  • Yeah I agree. I mean, I'm not concerned about content because I already have what I want, I'm more after the improvements of the game. After this patch I was really happy that I can play CF at over 50 FPS while playing with 15 other players on my old computer. Before this patch it was 20 - 30 FPS with 15 players, I could barely play it.
  • i like teh new font...nd fps is nice, i can actually play in 8v8's now... XD

nd the reg is better too, what we've been asking for :D so stop complaining guys, they do a much better job than any of you could do.
  • I Give 1 more thumb to Z8 (as I always do)

Guys, U are the best... and I know u'll keep trying till my game Experience is the best as well ;)
  • Can't wait to get home and try.
    A few more S&D maps and standard GP rifles should do it for the competitive scene.
  • wow thats true!
    Z8 u are awesome guys! thumbs up!
    my fps 2x!
  • I've been on these forums a long time. I've seen all sorts of opinions on patches and content. One thing I see every month is "Why can't Z8 stop adding new maps and five new guns and just fix some bugs?" Well, you just got that patch, and a lot of the people who are complaining about not having it are the ones complaining about the lack of content now.

While these aren't listed in the patch notes, they're very major and helpful changes:
    -Performance dramatically increased (getting almost 200 more FPS on my desktop, and my five year old laptop can run CF at over 150 FPS now)

Now stop complaining that you only got reskins and go enjoy a much improved game.

i agree with you, cause i have nearly everything in this game :D and just want to play! and in the last days it was really annoying to play with this lags and low fps! but i'm looking forward to play today without lag and enjoy gaming again ;D ty MODs and GMs

and ty for pink weapons :D hihi i love them :P
  • I've been on these forums a long time. I've seen all sorts of opinions on patches and content. One thing I see every month is "Why can't Z8 stop adding new maps and five new guns and just fix some bugs?" Well, you just got that patch, and a lot of the people who are complaining about not having it are the ones complaining about the lack of content now.

YES thats one thing i love about this patch

and see you in game dude
  • The community is a perfect image of your business model.
  • TooLazyTo wrote: »
    Lawl, I'll take "sucky" font as long as I have better fps. I'm not playing Cross Fire to look at people's in game names or sit in the lobby despairing about how "ugly" all the room names are.

Exactly :D

Yay, now I don't need to change my resolution everytime I want to play. And I've had major FPS boosts, too.

Probably the best patch since UK server patch.
  • loneB wrote: »
    Font was not a good choice, otherwise you guys are doing the usual.

FYI the font change may have a major reason for the increased performance.

As for these issues, we don't announce this kind of stuff on purpose. For an improvement of this type it is better to let it run its course than to roll out the red carpet and start throwing confetti for changes. Because if something happens and it gets reverted then it looks doubley-trippley bad.

And yeah, I'm making up words for that!
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    doubley-trippley bad.

Possibly the best quote known to man at the moment.

I agree with the statements. I personally have played other versions of Cross Fire [I am keeping this discreet] and I know that the developers have just done the exact thing that they have done with every other version on the fact of the improved game play. Every other version has this font, and they all have better FPS. I personally think that this new font will increase the quality of the game.

My n°1 priority is : fix the bugs and glitches and fight the hackers. If bugs and glitches disappear and there are less hackers, no need for new content every month. I see the new content as a way to wait before we get a clean enough game.
    When I see old bugs like the Type 89 arms are still there...
    The new patch did nothing about host error, hack tool detected error and disconnection (that I get only with CF and no other online game).

My n°2 priority is : useful content i.e. maps for modes I play, SnD, GM, TD and interesting weapons (whether I can buy them or not).
    The patch added ZP only weapons I don't even want to try and a new map for MM/HM in the middle of a one shot hack fest.

If a patch has either of the 2 things above, it's a good patch, both, it's an excellent patch. This one has neither from my point of view.

I'm not using Windows 7, didn't notice any increase in FPS (still have the 50-150 I had before) and the reg is still the same, I still kill and get killed around corner and see blood without any damage.
    So yes, the game improved.

ps : also, how a change in font can have such an impact (at least I imagine it has a huge impact from what some people say since I didn't notice any change) on the game ?
  • Reg falures made better?
    NICE!
    I cant wait to get to my PC tonight to play.
    If it is fixed I might not be able to finish a game without getting kicked though.
  • If it's really the font change that made such an increase in performance, then stick to it. I'd take performance (increased FPS) over cool looking font any day.
  • ill log on for a few pubs over the weekend......
    but ill be back playing proper in like.... 10 weeks. Looking forward to then, no more 25fps? ^^
  • The reg is wayyy better. i havn't seen any one tank any shot.

the air reg is crazy now too. i picked some heads out of mid air and i tried doing high air spray jumps to abuse the reg but they still kill me

easily the best patch i've ever seen. besides xtrap.

Holy crap 150 fps on a 5 year old laptop? what are the specs on it?
  • My n°1 priority is : fix the bugs and glitches and fight the hackers. If bugs and glitches disappear and there are less hackers, no need for new content every month.

I can tell you personally, both those are being fixed dramatically each patch.

We take care of glitches a lot more often than other versions, and at a fast pace.

I can vouch for that as I am one of the ones who helps a lot with the glitches, usually with Giggletron, Aero, HawkEye, or Denxi.

Being here since Beta, I've seen the flow of hacks, and it's gotten extremely better than the beginning. Showing that it always IS being fixed. Even if players don't care to notice.