omg,z8 just dont do ANYTHING to the reported hacks?

i ve reported nearly 15 hacks during the last 2 weeks,i submit replays from my megaupload account and fill in the forms as directed,but today when i check their player profiles,their last play date is still today!!!of course they dont have the honorable soilder ribbon but isnt that a PERMANENT ban from reported hack?so z8 just dont do anything with hack reporting???!!!no wonder there r still so many hacks!!!

Comments

• They're too busy checking about 300 other reports simultaneously of a staff of - probably - 8 people.
  • TomTomDam wrote: »
    They're too busy checking about 300 other reports simultaneously of a staff of - probably - 8 people.

TL;DR

Thats for ur pic :P
  • i ve reported nearly 15 hacks during the last 2 weeks,i submit replays from my megaupload account and fill in the forms as directed,but today when i check their player profiles,there last play date is still today!!!of course they dont have the honorable soilder ribbon but isnt that a PERMANENT ban from reported hack?so z8 just dont do anything with hack reporting???!!!no wonder there r still so many hacks!!!

Reports turned in are permanent bans.

They lost their honorable soldier ribbon from the auto ban.

The number of hackers in the last 3 days is way way down. Remember not everyone you reported hacked im sure.

They get way more false reports than ones of someone actually hacking.
  • Rabbz wrote: »
    Reports turned in are permanent bans.

They lost their honorable soldier ribbon from the auto ban.

The number of hackers in the last 3 days is way way down. Remember not everyone you reported hacked im sure.

They get way more false reports than ones of someone actually hacking.

what i reported r all mutation mode one shot kills,that is too obvious and surely not false report right?so i just wonder what they r doing!
  • what i reported r all mutation mode one shot kills,that is too obvious and surely not false report right?so i just wonder what they r doing!

They have a lot. and by alot i dont mean 100.... I mean A LOT of them

It takes time to go through them all.
  • They get many false reports than ones of someone actually hacking ....
  • they USED to have a perma ban on 1st hacking offence now they have a "3 strikes your out rule" if i recall correctly its like this

1st time: 1 week ban

2nd time: 6 month ban

3rd time: perma ban

ether way, if hack.ers want to keep playing this game and hack, they will just make new accounts. Honstly, the 1st line of defence should be the community, not the GMs/mods/staff/etc.

the community is starting to get really sick of these hack.ers (most of which are sterotyped as BRs because when most of them hack they don't hide it even tho they MAY make up of to 3/4ths of the hack.ers)

If Z8 can not get a better Anti-cheat then they need to add the in-game report option, which was rummored to be in the same patch as hero mode (which we know is false)

Combat Arms, another online shooter, was the same way. when they added the in-game report option hack.ers went down. after the latin american IP ban they are a LOT harder to find from what i have herd.

Z8 has said they don't want to add the in-game report option many times or they Will never add it. which is funny because i still recall them saying the same thing about the gatling gun and they are now saying the same thing about the barrett.

I'm just guessing but it seems to be that z8 doesn't get to "pick" what gets added to the game and what doesn't. I have a feeling that is ether Neowiz's or G4box's call or maybe even someone else. And last I checked Saidin is employed by G4box NOT Z8games, yet he is still a "GM". what there term for GM stands for, I have no idea, since I've been playing in closed beta im a capt. saidin last i checked isn't even a 2nd lt yet, as of Monday, March 21st, 2011.

http://clan.z8games.com/charstat_cf.aspx?usn=3852517 <--- his profile.

I'm not sure if he's "Allowed" to use that account for anything other than testing, which would be why it isn't even a 2nd LT yet.

Saidin MIGHT have a personal account other than his Saidin persona and he may wish to keep that private. (if people knew he would be PM'ed 24/7 with ether issues, asking for GP/ZP/BP/Guns/Items/etc. or asking him to ban a hack.er in his or her room,etc the list goes on and on and on....)

Honestly I see the mods in-game than the Saidin or Fallen, but I don't know what is required of them for the job they hold.

I'm not attacking, nor am I defending anyone.

back on topic.

Bottom Line:

Z8 DOES things but they may not be things we always want or need.

like you said before, there ribbon was taken away, just means they have been banned @ one point. other than that z8 will not tell you anything unless it is your account or you "need to know".
  • i ve reported nearly 15 hacks during the last 2 weeks,i submit replays from my megaupload account and fill in the forms as directed,but today when i check their player profiles,their last play date is still today!!!of course they dont have the honorable soilder ribbon but isnt that a PERMANENT ban from reported hack?so z8 just dont do anything with hack reporting???!!!no wonder there r still so many hacks!!!

The main problem. I think you need to submit the replay directly through the webform. There is a upload replay option. You can not skip it.

The megaupload is something 1 year ago. At that time, report need to make screen shot to show that you are in the same game. A screen shot to prove a hacker, and the replay, they need to be in a zip.
  • Confirmed hacking accounts from the report system receive permanent bans.
  • they USED to have a perma ban on 1st hacking offence now they have a "3 strikes your out rule" if i recall correctly its like this

1st time: 1 week ban

2nd time: 6 month ban

3rd time: perma ban

ether way, if hack.ers want to keep playing this game and hack, they will just make new accounts. Honstly, the 1st line of defence should be the community, not the GMs/mods/staff/etc.

the community is starting to get really sick of these hack.ers (most of which are sterotyped as BRs because when most of them hack they don't hide it even tho they MAY make up of to 3/4ths of the hack.ers)

If Z8 can not get a better Anti-cheat then they need to add the in-game report option, which was rummored to be in the same patch as hero mode (which we know is false)

Combat Arms, another online shooter, was the same way. when they added the in-game report option hack.ers went down. after the latin american IP ban they are a LOT harder to find from what i have herd.

Z8 has said they don't want to add the in-game report option many times or they Will never add it. which is funny because i still recall them saying the same thing about the gatling gun and they are now saying the same thing about the barrett.

I'm just guessing but it seems to be that z8 doesn't get to "pick" what gets added to the game and what doesn't. I have a feeling that is ether Neowiz's or G4box's call or maybe even someone else. And last I checked Saidin is employed by G4box NOT Z8games, yet he is still a "GM". what there term for GM stands for, I have no idea, since I've been playing in closed beta im a capt. saidin last i checked isn't even a 2nd lt yet, as of Monday, March 21st, 2011.

http://clan.z8games.com/charstat_cf.aspx?usn=3852517 <--- his profile.

I'm not sure if he's "Allowed" to use that account for anything other than testing, which would be why it isn't even a 2nd LT yet.

Saidin MIGHT have a personal account other than his Saidin persona and he may wish to keep that private. (if people knew he would be PM'ed 24/7 with ether issues, asking for GP/ZP/BP/Guns/Items/etc. or asking him to ban a hack.er in his or her room,etc the list goes on and on and on....)

Honestly I see the mods in-game than the Saidin or Fallen, but I don't know what is required of them for the job they hold.

I'm not attacking, nor am I defending anyone.

back on topic.

Bottom Line:

Z8 DOES things but they may not be things we always want or need.

like you said before, there ribbon was taken away, just means they have been banned @ one point. other than that z8 will not tell you anything unless it is your account or you "need to know".

never heard about 6 month only knew aobut 7 day then perm

i think the gm means general manager
  • i think the gm means general manager

GM in my case means Game Manager. GM in everyone else means Game Master. And together we make up the team that helps run this game. Including banning hackers. (yes we all have our hand in reviewing reports)

As for that account, I have a personal one as well. I generally don't tell people that because I like to play without a flood of "Plz add me" messages! :)

As for the recent addition of what looks like crazy ass items. None of those exist, it's for database testing purposes and they will all be removed from my account very soon (when we're done fixing the issue).
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Confirmed hacking accounts from the report system receive permanent bans.

GM,i submitted replays both from megaupload and direct attachment,so pls view them carefully
  • i ve reported nearly 15 hacks during the last 2 weeks,i submit replays from my megaupload account and fill in the forms as directed,but today when i check their player profiles,their last play date is still today!!!of course they dont have the honorable soilder ribbon but isnt that a PERMANENT ban from reported hack?so z8 just dont do anything with hack reporting???!!!no wonder there r still so many hacks!!!

My point exactly!
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Confirmed hacking accounts from the report system receive permanent bans.

Prove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!