lessons

Comments

• G2Wolf wrote: »
    You're not going to get better competitively by playing tdm and ffa.
    Being good competitively is more than just being a good shot.

it's a big part of it though. all of this game sense, etc can be developed in time and it will just become a natural characteristic. What most teams lack right now besides the obvious game-sense is a good shot. That's why when a bunch of above average players make a team together they automatically are one of the top teams cause they're confident with their shot and rip through almost any team out there. These lessons would probably focus more on pointers and teamwork which is the step that a team must make to exceed that extra mile. Getting a 2 hour lesson from a good player won't improve the team as a whole. They can learn how to work as a team through practice by themselves.
    You can get a free lesson by playing a good team and just watch the replay and analyze what they're doing as well.

but if i were someone else and wanted to take lessons(i would never), i would probably take lessons from denxi just because he knows the inside and outs of this game. He knows tricks that others do not and these little tricks can come in quite handy(a lot more handy than telling a guy who can barely aim to stand in a particular spot so you can setup a cross-fire)

but i'm sure doop, minty, malte or whoever else gives lessons out there has had at least one offer and well... if i were them i'd probably do the same cause lets face it... it's convenient
  • G2Wolf wrote: »
    Telling off one of the best players in CF NA, based on his ingame rank alone. Wow.

DFearULuv2H8, you do realize that rank ingame doesn't mean anything other than how much you've no-lifed the game (or farmed), right?

ign status say everything. you me to tell me, that your going to take lesson from a person that ign or profile say your not fit for the job and pay for it. no ty
  • ign status say everything. you me to tell me, that your going to take lesson from a person that ign or profile say your not fit for the job and pay for it. no ty
    Please tell me you're trolling, because if you really think that ingame rank means anything in -any- game, wow.

His accomplishments would definitely make him qualified to give lessons. Someone doesn't win a bunch of tournaments by being a random no-skill noob.
  • i looked at your IGN, talk to me, when you reach captain

come talk to me when you have 5k posts
  • ign status say everything. you me to tell me, that your going to take lesson from a person that ign or profile say your not fit for the job and pay for it. no ty

Do you even know who doop is and what hes done?
    MyAWM wrote: »
    it's a big part of it though. all of this game sense, etc can be developed in time and it will just become a natural characteristic. What most teams lack right now besides the obvious game-sense is a good shot. That's why when a bunch of above average players make a team together they automatically are one of the top teams cause they're confident with their shot and rip through almost any team out there. These lessons would probably focus more on pointers and teamwork which is the step that a team must make to exceed that extra mile. Getting a 2 hour lesson from a good player won't improve the team as a whole. They can learn how to work as a team through practice by themselves.
    You can get a free lesson by playing a good team and just watch the replay and analyze what they're doing as well.

but if i were someone else and wanted to take lessons(i would never), i would probably take lessons from denxi just because he knows the inside and outs of this game. He knows tricks that others do not and these little tricks can come in quite handy(a lot more handy than telling a guy who can barely aim to stand in a particular spot so you can setup a cross-fire)

but i'm sure doop, minty, malte or whoever else gives lessons out there has had at least one offer and well... if i were them i'd probably do the same cause lets face it... it's convenient

Very true. Pretty much to be a successful team you need good shots, teamwork, strategies and overall gamesense. Pretty much what LPK and vVv have.

Though many teams in NA CF lack at least lack 1 or 2 of those that I stated. Maybe even 3.
    Maybe Doop can give some pointers. :)
  • doopvVv wrote: »
    for the permanent xmas gun

also for the gift zp to another account badge

U can't win XMas anymore.
  • i looked at your IGN, talk to me, when you reach captain

I could farm and be captain by monday, does this making captain make me more qualified? What if I gave lessons on a friends account that is Colonel? Am I now a better player, since I am on a higher ranked account?
  • doopvVv wrote: »
    I could farm and be captain by monday, does this making captain make me more qualified? What if I gave lessons on a friends account that is Colonel? Am I now a better player, since I am on a higher ranked account?

Indeed you are better with a higher rank.
  • Indeed you are better with a higher rank.

Ok, in that case I will help no one until I reach a higher rank. Sorry everyone, I did not know any better. I am a dumb Second LT NOOB!
  • Not for me. But Gl to anyone that makes a crust off this game
  • I'll give you lessons on giving lessons for only 8$/hr

just read back this thread, chuckled... Play LL then Re-post..Youl get an idea of wot these guys are talking about, why are you on a tournament thread anyway? If your happy enjoying farming for clan points or rank or w/e then keep at it everyone takes wot the enjoy wot ever it may be, but coming on this thread and basically saying hes not qualiifyed to give lessons then well thb and no offence the jokes on you pal..sorry :D
  • pfce wrote: »
    why would you give out lessons i suppose to na players, but even thinking you can teach an armless cancer patient from the EU is disgustingly stupid.

but he shoot many men man!
  • It would be easier to learn by yourself by just scrimming, as long as you have the competitive drive to improve more and more and are willing to sacrifice the time needed for this game who needs lessons. However, a really expirienced player like doop could give you really good pointers.

@MyAwm i love how you have 7k posts xD
  • Tweakz1g wrote: »
    but he shoot many men man!

AHhahahhahhahha many many men!
  • Lessons for a game? PAID LESSONS? wow not for this game, for real? LMMFAO.

This is just like giving lessons in super mario.. NO POINT.

Ill throw you a card later today if I get out Doop.
  • Vap0rizer wrote: »
    Lessons for a game? PAID LESSONS? wow not for this game, for real? LMMFAO.

This is just like giving lessons in super mario.. NO POINT.

Ill throw you a card later today if I get out Doop.

I can give out Super Mario lessons.
  • I can give out Super Mario lessons.
    how do i jump, I don't understand NES controller, DERP
  • I wish I had someone to learn from when I knew nothing about competing in FPS games. Took me 2 years to learn what I know, would've paid 20 to learn as much of that as possible in 2 hours. E.g. I could show you a strategy of my teams, but rather I could show you the elements that went into developing that strategy. That in turn would teach someone what to consider when developing any strat in any map. You would be surprised how far that would take a lot of teams.

P.S. I love how everyone "knows" how to get good...lol
  • I wish I had someone to learn from when I knew nothing about competing in FPS games. Took me 2 years to learn what I know, would've paid 20 to learn as much of that as possible in 2 hours.

it also took many years for scientists to determine the value of the acceleration due to gravity and now it's written in the simplest of books to remember within a second...

I understand what you mean by that but at this point when a new player gets into the competitive side they will learn a lot faster than we did when we started playing this game.
  • MyAWM wrote: »
    it also took many years for scientists to determine the value of the acceleration due to gravity and now it's written in the simplest of books to remember within a second...

I understand what you mean by that but at this point when a new player gets into the competitive side they will learn a lot faster than we did when we started playing this game.
    we get it you went to school
  • we get it you went to school
    ignorant person here .
    But the thing is, lessons that get you into the way of thinking that you need for competition will help them develop that ability even faster.

Just like, you got better at Portal when you finally realized you needed to start thinking with Portals. What these lessons are trying to do are let you know that you need to start thinking with Portals now, instead of letting you discover that fact yourself in about 2 years. It's accelerating the rate at which you start improving.

Just like with science, if you don't know why you are doing something you don't really know it. Anyone can crank out formulas from solution manuals and walk through the steps.

You can know all the strats that LPK or LifeLine use, but if you don't know WHY they are running them it isn't going to help you very much. Gaming is all about minimizing mistakes and maximizing return.

The community doesn't seem interested and that's fine. No need to have people arguing/flexing in my thread.
  • I have an account that is golden leaf rank, I support doop therefore golden leaf rank supports doop.

That is all.

If you want to win you have to be willing to min/max, else you will never reach the top. If I still had the time to put together a team to challenge the few "top" teams out there I would without a doubt enlist doops services as a "consultant".

Ciao.
  • no, i wouldn't. Just my opinion lessons are stupid considering this is a f2p fps game :rolleyes:
  • KiwiDek wrote: »
    no, i wouldn't. Just my opinion lessons are stupid considering this is a f2p fps game :rolleyes:

DAMN!!! u make so much sense!!never before have i seen a post with so much depth! Man i wish i could make as much sense as you!
  • What I don't get is if you guys spend all this frivolous money on zp & character items that only make you look like a collage off feces. Why not put that money toward not being a pubstarscrandombaddiebottomfragger anymore? I see all these kids just up to their neck in guns (Specifically Wing-wing-wing-herro.jpg)but don't even have the capacity to get off the bottom of the scoreboard lol. Gl doop <3
This discussion has been closed.