"We Know"

Comments

• t***778 wrote: »
    haha I got you, I already knew that u couldn't write t*** (but i'm not sure why). Yes, sure you (not mods) are banning tons of them. I'm just not sure why they keep playing. Any ideas?

Most probably because the issued bans are account related, not IP related. An IP ban means u can't create another account using the same IP address (same computer) as u used before, UNLESS your IP address is not fixed and changes dynamically.

Anyway, i don't quite get the "we are begging for patches daily" part ... since it's not normal at all, this should be the developers' main concern, especially with the new hack explosion these days ... a CLEAN game should be the main concern of any serious developer, and since it ain't taken care of yet other stuff should be put on hold. Honestly, who gives a damn about new mods/releases when u can't even play the game with all those hakers running around in all the rooms ...

As an alternative protest to this hacker bs story which just goes on forever, i strongly recommend ppl who buy ZPs to stop doing so. Then we will see a dramatic change, i can assure u they will find a solution to the haker problem pretty fast.
  • jujuchon wrote: »
    I'm sure they do what they can to ban hacker. I have no doubt about it.

But true, if some numbers can be made public this would be nice. Like the number of hacker catch per day, number of IP ban whatever.

Don't tell me that it will take time to generate those number. All the players are in a database. Everything is done digitally.
    If you were doing the ban by handwriting, i would understand the difficulty to generate the numbers. But here, it should be simple to get.
    'should' > doesn't.

We would have to write and implement a system to keep track of and publish the data.
    Our curent user database is about as efficient for that as it would be doing it by hand on paper.

cba to multiquote..

@Twiix: Because they make new accounts. IP bans are generally not given for first time offenses (for whichever reason...).

@Silencer: Because of a VIP hack that someone edited to make it practically public. Granted it most likely also compromised the integrity of the software.. So we'll most likely see "Omg someone stole my account" threads popping up in a matter of days.

@FlyNoobb: Statistical anomalies are pretty unlikely when you have the results of several thousand users.
    Election polls are done by asking between 1000 and 10 000 people what they'll vote for.
    Those statistics are then pretty accurate for a whole nation.
    You don't have to ask everyone.

@Random hater nerd: We can't. I love your name.
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    @Silencer: Because of a VIP hack that someone edited to make it practically public. Granted it most likely also compromised the integrity of the software.. So we'll most likely see "Omg someone stole my account" threads popping up in a matter of days.
    I was talking about the QQing threads about hackers, not the ones that say someone stole their accounts.

Allow me to re-phrase:

If you say that the ammount of bans has increased, Why the ammount of hackers in game has increased too?
    Last time I checked we had an "Anti-Cheat" program.

The players are giving their 2 cents by reporting the hackers, but, if the hacks never get patched then we are doing nothing and we are just reporting the same hackers, over and over again.
  • SiilenceR wrote: »
    I was talking about the QQing threads about hackers, not the ones that say someone stole their accounts.

Allow me to re-phrase:

If you say that the ammount of bans has increased, Why the ammount of hackers in game has increased too?
    Last time I checked we had an "Anti-Cheat" program.

The players are giving their 2 cents by reporting the hackers, but, if the hacks never get patched then we are doing nothing and we are just reporting the same hackers, over and over again.
    I answered all of your questions in the post you quoted.
    Read it again, or twice if you have to.
    I answered all of your questions in the post you quoted.
    Read it again, or twice if you have to.
    Okay, let's move on.

Why the hacks are not getting patched?
    Again, we are doing nothing by reporting the same hackers everytime.
  • Havn't played a game in the past 3 days without seeing multiple one shot hackers. Been seeing a lot of aimbots too recently packed in with that one shot. Its making me rage.

On the side...I miss the banned list. Was quite fun to see who was banned and how much zp they bought to compare.
    Atleast answer this:

The number of bans has increased considerably?

Yes. Dramatically.
  • its really a pain the last days...also if you manage to find a room without cheaters and perform well you will be hackusated even faster and to be honest ...i cant blame them.
  • A banlist would be nice... Persoanlly im reporting a lot of hackers and i would like to see some that i reported there...
  • [GM]Saidin wrote: »
    Yes. Dramatically.

Last time I checked we had an "Anti-Cheat" program, why the hacks are not getting patched?
  • ofmg hack what do i do

First take a look here

Now lets theoretically assume there is three hackers in EVERY ROOM.

That's just a bad time for the game/gamers.

It happened back in suba when i joined [yeah i got 0.1 kdr back then but who cares really].
    It was 10x worse, there was speedhacking [i mean really really really fast] and gunhacking in arena knife matches, hackers going underground having unlimited ammo and 1hit killing everyone.

Do you know what did i do back then?

Played crossfire less time [30 min and less per day] but saved every replay.

And the result is a 40 replay files with hackers names (many in one room/file).

After the hacks got blocked/detected, it was time for reporting, sent them to a GM and almost everyone got banned.

tl;dr?

Play less, make passworded rooms play with friends and clanmates [use invite function], kick obvious hackers, save replay files.

pz lata
    Yes. Dramatically.

with all due respect. numbers? percentages?

i reported a guy a few months ago , of course in a correct way, and i re-reported him again a few weeks ago. he is most obvious even sent a videolink which shows roundtime and everything. if this guy is not banned in one month, i ll call that....dramatically.

Last time I checked we had an "Anti-Cheat" program, why the hacks are not getting patched?

What i can never understand... well i guess i do understand. See, anti hack engines have multiple games to track and try to ban multiple hacks in one go. Hack makers have no lives or make it off creating hacks. Usually in small teams they specialize on far fewer games than the a-h. Once a hack is created they just have to wait a long while for it to get patched, Spend a few hours seeing what changed, and then updating it. Usually its done within a day of being patched.

At least this is how I view it. Unless crossfire has a dedicated custom A-H with a team of people just waiting to counter the latest hacks as they are released we'll see hacks drop after a patch. Then steadily rise until the next patch. Then occasionally through some even like a VIP going public we see a huge amount till the next big patch. Wonderfully cyclical with the average user getting the short end of the stick.

*correct me if X-Trap is a dedicated CF AH, I'm assuming its used by multiple games. Not to mention. I believe it has a business AH for servers along corporate lines which I'm sure take out of their ability to focus on the gaming side.
  • SexyAwen wrote: »
    What i can never understand... well i guess i do understand. See, anti hack engines have multiple games to track and try to ban multiple hacks in one go. Hack makers have no lives or make it off creating hacks. Usually in small teams they specialize on far fewer games than the a-h. Once a hack is created they just have to wait a long while for it to get patched, Spend a few hours seeing what changed, and then updating it. Usually its done within a day of being patched.

At least this is how I view it. Unless crossfire has a dedicated custom A-H with a team of people just waiting to counter the latest hacks as they are released we'll see hacks drop after a patch. Then steadily rise until the next patch. Then occasionally through some even like a VIP going public we see a huge amount till the next big patch. Wonderfully cyclical with the average user getting the short end of the stick.

*correct me if X-Trap is a dedicated CF AH, I'm assuming its used by multiple games. Not to mention. I believe it has a business AH for servers along corporate lines which I'm sure take out of their ability to focus on the gaming side.
    My point is:

Maybe the bans DID increase dramatically, but if the hacks don't get patched we are doing nothing by reporting the hackers. B/c the hacking percentages will increase, doesn't matter if they get banned. They will just make a new account and start hacking again.
  • to0l wrote: »
    its really a pain the last days...also if you manage to find a room without cheaters and perform well you will be hackusated even faster and to be honest ...i cant blame them.

The reason it's a pain is because a cheap keylogged VIP hack was cracked to public. We have the hack and have sent it in. We are looking to have a fix for this soon.
    The reason it's a pain is because a cheap keylogged VIP hack was cracked to public. We have the hack and have sent it in. We are looking to have a fix for this soon.
    I believe that it's a pain b/c the hacks are not getting patched. If they get patched there will be no hackers.

Also, that "VIP" is not the only hack out there. There are alot more hacks being released.
    I believe that it's a pain b/c the hacks are not getting patched. If they get patched there will be no hackers.
    Yes, if only we could patch every hack with the click of a button.

Unfortunately, thats not how it works.
    Yes, if only we could patch every hack with the click of a button.

Unfortunately, thats not how it works.
    I know it's not that way, but why it can't be THAT hard. Maybe I'm just an ignorant that doesn't knows anything about it and it takes more than 2 months to patch some hacks.
  • to0l wrote: »
    with all due respect. numbers? percentages?

i reported a guy a few months ago , of course in a correct way, and i re-reported him again a few weeks ago. he is most obvious even sent a videolink which shows roundtime and everything. if this guy is not banned in one month, i ll call that....dramatically.

With all due respect, we don't actually have to provide percentages and numbers.

Private policy, competitive information, game-management convention and game industry standards are all standing in the way of releasing this information.

Almost any video game company doesn't make their ban list public. Take that how you want it but at the end of the day until it becomes industry standard to inform the public how many users get banned on a daily basis, don't expect us to release this information any time soon.

There are a LOT of hack reports in the system. By a lot, it probably means more than you think. And we have a charged staff here working every day on the problem from a pro-active stance of finding hacks, sending them to xtrap etc. to the hard solutions of people checking reports and banning hackers (accounts and IPs).

We'll have further anti hacking information coming later today and in the upcoming patch. But we don't want to give away too much because that would give hackers the upper hand.
    I know it's not that way, but why it can't be THAT hard. Maybe I'm just an ignorant and it takes more than 2 months to patch some hacks.

To answer this specifically this MUST be talking specifically about the public hacks that have been out.

At one point we counted almost 15 different public hacks. We continually patched via xtrap, these hacks. But this was not enough. We had to break down the hacks ourselves, and find out that they were all based on the same code. Thus the wide-spread nature of the hack itself.

More measures against those hacks will be coming, and more information will be released on this matter soon.
  • treneyez wrote: »
    give me banlist mens or i use boxes!

this.......
    With all due respect, we don't actually have to provide percentages and numbers.

Private policy, competitive information and just game-management convention are all standing in the way of releasing this information.

Almost any video game company doesn't make their ban list public. Take that how you want it but at the end of the day until it becomes industry standard to inform the public how many users get banned on a daily basis, don't expect us to release this information any time soon.

There are a LOT of hack reports in the system. By a lot, it probably means more than you think. And we have a charged staff here working every day on the problem from a pro-active stance of finding hacks, sending them to xtrap etc. to dedicated people checking reports and banning hackers.

We'll have further anti hacking information coming later today and in the upcoming patch. But we don't want to give away too much because that would give hackers the upper hand.

Now this is what i want to hear!;)
  • Agreed, we want to see if hack reports are even being looked at.

Private policy, competitive information and just game-management convention are all standing in the way of releasing this information.

There are a LOT of hack reports in the system. By a lot, it probably means more than you think. And we have a charged staff here working every day on the problem from a pro-active stance of finding hacks, sending them to xtrap etc. to dedicated people checking reports and banning hackers.

With all the respect, don't expect us to believe what you say then.

I know you're a GM and you won't lie to us but what you're saying it's not showing In Game. You say that the ammount of bans has increased dramatically but
    we are seeing the opposite.
    To answer this specifically this MUST be talking specifically about the public hacks that have been out.

At one point we counted almost 15 different public hacks. We continually patched via xtrap, these hacks. But this was not enough. We had to break down the hacks ourselves, and find out that they were all based on the same code. Thus the wide-spread nature of the hack itself.

More measures against those hacks will be coming, and more information will be released on this matter soon.

can ya tell how soon is *soon? 1 week, 2weeks, 1 month, longer?

I hear *soon* entirely to much in this industry and it usually is just to keep the masses quiet with no actual meaning behind it.

I know you're a GM and you won't lie to us but what you're saying it's not showing In Game. You say that the ammount of bans has increased dramatically but
    What you're seeing is an increase of hackers, not a decrease in banning.
    We ban more then ever.
    You obviously don't see the difference, so let me once again quote Saidins explaination as to why there are a lot of hackers right now.
    [GM]Saidin wrote:
    What you're seeing is an increase of hackers, not a decrease in banning.
    We ban more then ever.
    You obviously don't see the difference, so let me once again quote Saidins explaination as to why there are a lot of hackers right now.
    What I'm seeing is that the hacks are not getting patched, means, more hackers.

It will be virtually impossible to physically show the impact on the game that bans would make. We're simply too big for that.

It wouldn't matter how many bans were on the list or how many were done per day. The types of hacks out right now are the problem. Not the amount of people we ban per day.

If I can break our own forum rules for one moment and go on a tangent about another free to play game, League of Legends. For one, their forums are worse than ours, have less features and more trolls. Two, they don't make their ban list public, yet they no doubt ban players every day. And has that stopped the amount of disconnecting, afkers, feeders and general other malicious activity that goes on in that game? No. It hasn't. If you report someone for ruining a game, Riot Games says they will take action against that player. Do I ever notice a decrease in that activity because of that statement? No.

So their problem isn't hacking, ours is. Hacking is a more difficult problem than theirs and involves a lot of other things. Tracking the hacks and sites, breaking down the code, sending information to the developers and xtrap. Having the xtrap patches come in, testing them in-house, releasing them as soon as possible.

And all this going on while we have our staff looking at what seems like an endless pile of reports and banning as many people as we possibly can in 1 day. Which also happens to be a dramatically larger number than it was say 2 months ago.

But by that same token, there is a dramatically larger number of hacks out there. It's a simple known fact, the larger the game gets the more hacks will show up. But there are better proactive steps that we've taken in the recent past that help us handle the growth/hack issue.

edit: the first sentence didn't make sense so I correct it.
  • can ya tell how soon is *soon? 1 week, 2weeks, 1 month, longer?

I hear *soon* entirely to much in this industry and it usually is just to keep the masses quiet with no actual meaning behind it.

This is a good point. But by soon means there will be another issue of Urban Warfare coming today.

It could be possible that is has some updated information contained within.