How do we know hacks are being banned?

Now, more than ever, I have personally noticed the influx of the amount of hackers on crossfire. Numerous times cf says "report hackers, and we will deal with them appropriately". Well, is this being done? I don't believe so. CF has eliminated the ban list for any such proof and does not respond to the reporter with the result of their investigation. I even wonder if there is such a thing as an investigation. I also would like to know if CF takes playtime, or how much $$$ they spend on CF into account on weather to ban a hacker or not. My plea is to CF to start, if they haven't already, getting rid of these hackers before this site fails and goes under. There are many game sites out there who were not proactive and by the time they tried to be reactive it was to late and they went bust.

By the way cf. Even the hackers don't fear you. When we mention that the hacker is going to be reported they laugh at you saying "they won't do nothing about it". So far, I think the cheaters are right.

Comments

• Replays are reviewed as is - without taking rank, ZP purchases or membership length in to consideration.

The system is way more efficient now then it was a month ago.
    Bans are being handed out in pretty huge amounts daily.
    If they're laughing at you - let them laugh. They'll be banned a week later. You won't.
    If you feel that its a waste of time, focus on the high-ranked ones. They've spent at the very least great amounts of time on their account. Time they won't get back.

You can usually check the last played date of a character to get an indication as to whether or not the person has been banned.

That is all, I think.
  • fwf
    [MOD]dot wrote: »
    Replays are reviewed as is - without taking rank, ZP purchases or membership length in to consideration.

If they're laughing at you - let them laugh. They'll be banned a week later. You won't.
    If you feel that its a waste of time, focus on the high-ranked ones. They've spent at the very least great amounts of time on their account. Time they won't get back.

You can usually check the last played date of a character to get an indication as to whether or not the person has been banned.

That is all, I think.

really because ive seen allot of hardcore zp buyers that was hack.ing obviously and they were unbanned 1 week later and thelle jsut make new accounts and start haking again unless z8 starts to ip ban
  • InSane96 wrote: »
    really because ive seen allot of hardcore zp buyers that was hack.ing obviously and they were unbanned 1 week later and thelle jsut make new accounts and start haking again unless z8 starts to ip ban
    Unbanned or not banned yet?
    Therein lies the difference.

80% of the reports we got in before the new system were invalid reports.
    Missing vital information, sometimes not even with a replay attached.

Even if they make new accounts, they lost the money and time they put in to it.
    And we don't just delete accounts. Stronger actions are taken, as proven by a few bans that caught public attention.
  • [MOD]dot wrote: »
    Replays are reviewed as is - without taking rank, ZP purchases or membership length in to consideration.

That is all, I think.

Well, sorry, but I don't believe you. I think that is a pack of lies right there. I have seen ZERO evidence AT ALL that z8 is banning hackers. I'm pretty sure every report goes straight into a trash bin because they're too busy counting money. Give us SOMETHING, ANYTHING to prove that z8 is even lifting a finger to ban hackers, because I don't think they are.
  • V3RTeX wrote: »
    Well, sorry, but I don't believe you. I think that is a pack of lies right there. I have seen ZERO evidence AT ALL that z8 is banning hackers. I'm pretty sure every report goes straight into a trash bin because they're too busy counting money. Give us SOMETHING, ANYTHING to prove that z8 is even lifting a finger to ban hackers, because I don't think they are.
    http://forum.z8games.com/showthread.php?t=90054

Something.
  • I've noticed a few terribly made aimbots lately but nothing major. And I don't know how we can tell.
  • Okay, Dot, I almost believe you.

Anyway, is there some way I can find out how many times I've been reported? I'm curious...
    Okay, Dot, I almost believe you.

Anyway, is there some way I can find out how many times I've been reported? I'm curious...

There is not. Not like they would know anyway.

That is all, I think.

we have to wait a week for the player reported to be banned?!
    this is absurd! meanwhile we die we play clean for those who use hacking, funny huh?!
    prq moderator if they need to investigate the replay talk to me! by the way that the Z8 is not keeping up!
  • demonrj wrote: »
    this is absurd! meanwhile we die we play clean for those who use hacking, funny huh?!
    prq moderator if they need to investigate the replay talk to me! by the way that the Z8 is not keeping up!

I'm just going to be blunt, you need a better translator.
    Also, moderators do NOT ban players in game.. Z8 is keeping up. You guys just have no idea about what the facts are, and cry about what doesn't happen. Well, look at what we DO have. We have a MIAMI server now, I don't see any Southern Americans thanking Z8 for this. You guys think that you guys own the game because you guys are HUGE in numbers. Strength in numbers does not equal strength in power.
    Yes.
    This game is huge. Our staff is limited.
    You don't have to wait at all - you can just report and thats it. Not like theres anything important in the reply.
  • [MOD]Ddott thanks for your replies. Although it hasn't seem to make much of a difference in these past few weeks. Are these guys getting hacks from the same source? OR what? Can you guys eliminate those sources? Can we backtrack to why people would turn to hacks in the first place? Is it because there is lack of sometype of game-play missing? Are players demanding too much from this free game?

My response is this. I think people hack because they become overly distressed with players who are actually legit. So how do they resolve this tension that they themselves have created? They turn to hacks. Wherever and however it is done, they find ways. I think people find it very easy to make new accounts and get back what they lost in a matter of days. And those are the obvious hackers. For those who spend money on Z8 Points, they try hard to cover up their hacks. Believe me, I've spend countless hours watching replays, determining who hacks and who dont.

Recently, GM Saidin has been hinting at a new way to counter hacks, or make people less interested in hacking. Is this update coming soon? And, can we be sure that this program or whatever it is, eliminate the hack and its sources? And how about a weekly patch, say every weekend, or midweek, to patch new hacks that surfaces. That eliminates hackers and the chances that they would want to hack. I think if it gets patched every week, people would less likely want to hack.

And finally, I just want to comment on the numbers of MODs, and GMs for CF. Is there any possible way to get more members to the staff? I'm more than sure there are thousands of players on all the time, and during the weekends, even more. Having more CF MODs in game will likely add to the chances of people having the guts to hack, with high ranked accounts that is. And Ddott you've done a nice job of that , I've seen you the most. I think these small things that don't account to very much being done, can do a lot to eliminate people who want to cheat for a free game.

I might want to suggest Z8 taking in donations for these kinds of updates. I say if people donate to CF or Z8, they should be rewarded for their efforts to helping CF stop cheating. Lets say donating $8, or 10,000k ZP can net in people getting 5k EXP up or stuff like that. Or maybe 10 coupons. Something like that to encourage the CF Community's involvement to help reduce hackers/cheaters. Let me know what you guys think.
  • SirHi wrote: »
    I'm just going to be blunt, you need a better translator.
    Also, moderators do NOT ban players in game.. Z8 is keeping up. You guys just have no idea about what the facts are, and cry about what doesn't happen. Well, look at what we DO have. We have a MIAMI server now, I don't see any Southern Americans thanking Z8 for this. You guys think that you guys own the game because you guys are HUGE in numbers. Strength in numbers does not equal strength in power.

not when it comes to money, even though all players would join the Z8 would not change, they survive on what did we spend money for fun, the new server in Maimi did not help me at all! starts around! my ping is still the same 130 to 150 but do not complain because I kill the ping anyway, just do not like playing against me the aimbot that a shot and I die.
  • I'm dot, not DdotT.

People buy ZP because they want ZP. They pay for ZP only.
    They get the BP as a bonus. Giving them anything else wouldn't make sense.
    I'm dot, not DdotT.

Oh, sorry, but did you read what I wrote?
    I'm dot, not DdotT.

I do not agree with me you little trash to the BP that you give, I just want to play against people with no hacker, so I guess it is my right to spend my money in the game! BP does not want you just want the game without hacking
    I do not agree with me you little trash to the BP that you give, I just want to play against people with no hacker, so I guess it is my right to spend my money in the game! BP does not want you just want the game without hacking
    Use Google translator please, this isn't working out.

Can you not ignore my post?

I do not care what you give me bonus

it is my right to want a fair game!

I do not use hacker so my anger because I am a former player and not be satisfied with the work of hackers you moderators

now you understand?

I think if you don't agree with yourself you should see a psychiatrist.
  • PRoDX wrote: »

but he ignored it! should not have the answer for you!
    I do not care what you give me bonus

it is my right to want a fair game!

I do not use hacker so my anger because I am a former player and not be satisfied with the work of hackers you moderators

now you understand?
    I'll try..

The bonus thing wasn't an answer to you.
    Yes, its your right to WANT a fair game. Its not your right to HAVE a fair game simply because you spend a few bucks.

WE want it to be fair just like you - but its not that easy.
    PRoDX wrote: »

Yes, its possible to get more staff. Which we have.
    I'll try..

The bonus thing wasn't an answer to you.
    Yes, its your right to WANT a fair game. Its not your right to HAVE a fair game simply because you spend a few bucks.

WE want it to be fair just like you - but its not that easy.

Yes, its possible to get more staff. Which we have.

understand you.

but sometimes even sending the replay the hacker is not banned it makes me sad.
    seem to just waste my time reporting, because not one response I get, it's wrong to hide the result of z8 report.

thus is given the chance to change the player's name on it and not tarnish the image of him.

I really cheer for the Z8 for sure, but it's getting harder, I am well known here in Brazil for all the Brazilian players, here we have a community on orkut game where we keep the players informed.

Hackers also denounce this community banning those players from the community, in the delta 9 brs we have many rooms and then those players are reported are forbidden to play.

It seems that the only way we can be free hacker in the game!
    understand you.

but sometimes even sending the replay the hacker is not banned it makes me sad.
    seem to just waste my time reporting, because not one response I get, it's wrong to hide the result of z8 report.

thus is given the chance to change the player's name on it and not tarnish the image of him.

I really cheer for the Z8 for sure, but it's getting harder, I am well known here in Brazil for all the Brazilian players, here we have a community on orkut game where we keep the players informed.

Hackers also denounce this community banning those players from the community, in the delta 9 brs we have many rooms and then those players are reported are forbidden to play.

It seems that the only way we can be free hacker in the game!
    We keep track of namechanges. That is not a way to hide.

Hackers get banned if they're reported.
    If the person isn't banned then the report wasn't properly filed or the person didn't hack.

You have Miami server. Don't play on Delta.
    Okay, Dot, I almost believe you.

me too would love to know.... coz ppl alwlays call me hack and say there gonna report me.................

Dot... do mods take into considartion of pings and fps in games.... coz u cant see them on replays....
  • me too would love to know.... coz ppl alwlays call me hack and say there gonna report me.................

Dot... do mods take into considartion of pings and fps in games.... coz u cant see them on replays....
    MODs do not handle reports.
    But disregarding that: Why would they take ping and FPS in to consideration?
    We keep track of namechanges. That is not a way to hide.

Hackers get banned if they're reported.
    If the person isn't banned then the report wasn't properly filed or the person didn't hack.

You have Miami server. Don't play on Delta.

miami server did not help, the intention was good but did not help, my ping is much better in the delta than in miami.
    our classrooms and in the delta are already fixed, it's compounded by all Brazilians.
    would be nice if you had ever a person to investigate the replay online and thus give satisfaction to whom I report
This discussion has been closed.