V.I.P System - Breakdown & Reasoning

2»

Comments

• Ehh, you're right. -.- But really though, it's infested with BR's not English players. :/

I approve this suggestion, but make it English players only.
  • DeOriginz wrote: »
    Ehh, you're right. -.- But really though, it's infested with BR's not English players. :/

I approve this suggestion, but make it English players only.

Indeed, I was hoping the miami server would have solved much of that problem. Maybe its phase 1. But I do agree, until the ToA is balanced and treated fairly for all languages and universal players, it should be English speaking only. Obvious checks in place to prove otherwise if they try to be sneaky.
  • Kelathe wrote: »
    Indeed, I was hoping the miami server would have solved much of that problem. Maybe its phase 1. But I do agree, until the ToA is balanced and treated fairly for all languages and universal players, it should be English speaking only. Obvious checks in place to prove otherwise if they try to be sneaky.

Aha!...err... Like migrating to the US, and afford a computer, or just using an IP Changer kind of thing?

Remember, BR's ain't that smart... I know... L0L.
  • DeOriginz wrote: »
    Aha!...err... Like migrating to the US, and afford a computer, or just using an IP Changer kind of thing?

Remember, BR's ain't that smart... I know... L0L.

Well, thats actually a good idea. Sort of, it doesn't help against the actual English speaking BR's that would be discriminated against. (Yes, rare as they are, they still exist and must be taken into consideration.) But ip restricting such uses would be a final step part. But I was thinking more along the lines of a test or such. If they want something as serious as VIP, those who are questionable gotta work for it.

And we all know registering your country as Canada won't fly in this case. XD
    1) What is this VIP System and what does it do?
    - This is implemented in other versions for 'ZP' buyers. I believe you pay for a certain amount of days or months for this feature. It allows a person to gain access to certain features that otherwise would be unavailable.

-Kick Vote Immune: You cannot be selected for vote kicks. Making you unable to be kicked from a room during game play.
    -Access to special items/weapons only available to VIPs.
    -Your rooms generate extra GP and XP for those who play, including you.
    -Able to kick people on any side. Be it GR or BL, no matter what side your on. Even in FFA and MM.
    -Possibly other features that I do not know of placed in other versions.

2) But wait a minute... Thats quite a bit of power! That'll be abused greatly!
    -It shouldn't be all that easy to obtain for such membership. And should cost quite of ZP if we were ever to implement it. As well as other requirements needed to even obtain and continue using such.

-Only Master Sergeant/2nd LT or higher can purchase VIP. This will eliminate random low ranking players or new accounts from abusing this power. You will have had to play for quite a bit of time.
    -Karma system, if a VIP is suspected of abusing the power, they can be reported if done so unfairly. Players can submit reports of evidence of a kick vote in place. Depending on the selection, will determine the method. Hacks and illegal programs will need a screen shot of the VIP kicking, as well as the replay for investigation. If the file was proved false, the VIP will gain a demerit. All other forms will generally only require a screen shot. If a VIP is shown to have been abusing such, they will be stripped of being able to use it.

******** using VIP's would be one of the easier methods of catching them. Adding an option to the Support web form of 'Is VIP?' to narrow down IGN and reports. VIPs would have more investigators considering the numbers probably wouldn't be as high. And being in their own category. Making them quicker targets to spot if they hacked.

I find that this would be a better solution than simply removing the kick system. Other versions have it and seems to workout quite nicely. It would also help stop players from taking abuse from new players and give a defense. At the risk of being responsible for some of their actions.

Comments and critique welcome.
    If you can buy a VIP h4ck..You can buy a VIP pass in CF
    SO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Ohh whats that

NOOOOO
  • Solution? Here is a fullproof solution:
    -Anybody can kick ANYBODY IN THE ROOM.
    -The vote kick percent has to be 65% (so if they blatantly hack, they will only THEN be kicked)

So, in a room of 16, at least 10 have to "agree" (Vote kicker and 9 players), BUT IF A FEW PEOPLE DON'T F11 OR F12, their vote DO NOT count. Therefore, if it is a 16 player room, and a vote kick goes up. 6 people F11, but only 2 F12, and time runs out, the player is so kicked because 6 players are 75% out of 8.

Just voicing my opinion.
  • SirHi wrote: »
    So, in a room of 16, at least 10 have to "agree" (Vote kicker and 9 players), BUT IF A FEW PEOPLE DON'T F11 OR F12, their vote DO NOT count. Therefore, if it is a 16 player room, and a vote kick goes up. 6 people F11, but only 2 F12, and time runs out, the player is so kicked because 6 players are 75% out of 8.

I understood my old pervy Jamaican math teacher more than I understood this :p
    Solution? Here is a fullproof solution:
    -The vote kick percent has to be 65% (so if they blatantly hack, they will only THEN be kicked)

Just voicing my opinion.

Its a secondary good idea, but that doesn't mean kick voting will still be abused. All it changes is what votes count and what don't. But I understand what your driving at. But what happens when no one votes? Or there is a tie? What happens then?

There is no 'fool-proof' idea. Ever. There's always someone that can mess it up. Murphys law after all.
    Solution? Here is a fullproof solution:

Just voicing my opinion.

Buddy, do you realize that when some butt hurt noobs wants to kick you for getting headshots, they will initiate a vote kick after another for the same person (even 3 or 4+ times and spam "F11 for a Free Girlfriend") until it passes? Those players who do not vote should count as F12. Simple as that. It's bad enough as it is.

OK, back to the original topic - VIP System (which I prefer to call Premium Membership - we already use VIP for something else)

My opinion regarding this matter is to make it expensive so almost no one would dare hack on such account. When I say expensive I mean that it should be about $50 subscription for a year and only payable by Paypal or a real credit card. This way we should separate the genuine players from those noobs in 3rd world countries who would be willing to spend days on surveys to buy a premium membership and hack on it as if it's nothing.
    Kick Vote Immune: You cannot be selected for vote kicks. Making you unable to be kicked from a room during game play.
    -Access to special items/weapons only available to VIPs.
    -Your rooms generate extra GP and XP for those who play, including you.
    -Able to kick people on any side. Be it GR or BL, no matter what side your on. Even in FFA and MM.
    -Possibly other features that I do not know of placed in other versions.

To me what really matters is the kick vote immune and ability to kick anyone when you are the host of the game.

And to the guy who suggested $10. LMAO WHAT ARE $10? Do you think such perks are worth only $10?
  • misako1 wrote: »
    OK, back to the original topic - VIP System (which I prefer to call Premium Membership - we already use VIP for something else)

My opinion regarding this matter is to make it expensive so almost no one would dare hack on such account. When I say expensive I mean that it should be about $50 subscription for a year and only payable by Paypal or a real credit card. This way we should separate the genuine players from those noobs in 3rd world countries who would be willing to spend days on surveys to buy a premium membership and hack on it as if it's nothing.

To me what really matters is the kick vote immune and ability to kick anyone when you are the host of the game.

And to the guy who suggested $10. LMAO WHAT ARE $10? Do you think such perks are worth only $10?

Hrm, well, I agree with it being pricey. 50$ a year for it really isn't all that much though, was thinking $10-20 a month. Which in the long run is more expense on a yearly basis. But from what I can see you driving at though, it seems your implying the Premium membership must be bought directly. Since your saying credit card and whatnot. Different than Z8's normal transaction handles regarding their ZP system. Interesting idea, but I don't know if Z8 would go to such lengths, and I have no true idea if that would even prevent them. Credit cards and Paypal are pretty common place in the world.

To be honest, I'd be happy with just the kick immune. I generally don't kick another player unless its blatantly obvious they are cheating.
  • oww thius don't sound good
    the day this happens i quit cf.
    Don't forget, most foreigners still buy ZP while hacking. Most of them would just abuse that VIP, not caring if they get banned or not.

Agreed. Either way people will abuse these powers.
  • -Only Major or higher can purchase VIP
    -VIP=150000 ZP for 90 days yay
    -Kick Vote Immune: You cannot be selected for vote kicks. Making you unable to be kicked from a room during game play.

Hacker hacker, come here boy. Ooohhh, look! I've got a treat for you! Sit, ok pay 5 dollars a month! Good boy, you're now immune to kicks!
  • I say $15/month, only able to be purchased with a Credit Card. CC only because this would prevent people from doing surveys to gain ZP to purchase them.

Or add in making it a very high amount of BP to purchase 7 day VIP/ PM privileges. Say around 4500 BP for a 7 day. This way giving even the small spenders a chance but limiting the free ZP users from gaining to much time as VIP/ PMs.

I wouldn't go as far as to say total immunity. But a higher ratio being needed to make a successful kick...sure. But I would like to see a VIP/ Premium Member get unlimited kicks, but only twice per person in any given round. TD's counting as only one round.

If a player abuses the VIP/ PM they lose all the time left on there current VIP/ PM and are unable to repurchase for a month. With more time added for each abused recurrence. Continuous kicks of a spaming nature would be considered abuse. Leaving a match to then later rejoin to attempt to kick someone again would be abuse. And any other form of harassing by vote kick. If you loss your VIP/ PM privileges for then 3 times in a year you have the possibilities to never regain VIP/ PM privileges.

Sounds a little more fair, in some aspects.

Core2DuoOC
  • -Only Major or higher can purchase VIP
    -VIP=150000 ZP for 90 days yay

Rougly $160 dollars worth of zp? Haha, wow, I don't think I love the game that much to spend all at once.
    Hacker hacker, come here boy. Ooohhh, look! I've got a treat for you! Sit, ok pay 5 dollars a month! Good boy, you're now immune to kicks!

Clearly a 'tl;dr' person if you beleive that was my whole case. Read more next time.
    I say $15/month, only able to be purchased with a Credit Card. CC only because this would prevent people from doing surveys to gain ZP to purchase them.

Or add in making it a very high amount of BP to purchase 7 day VIP/ PM privileges. Say around 4500 BP for a 7 day. This way giving even the small spenders a chance but limiting the free ZP users from gaining to much time as VIP/ PMs.

I wouldn't go as far as to say total immunity. But a higher ratio being needed to make a successful kick...sure. But I would like to see a VIP/ Premium Member get unlimited kicks, but only twice per person in any given round. TD's counting as only one round.

If a player abuses the VIP/ PM they lose all the time left on there current VIP/ PM and are unable to repurchase for a month. With more time added for each abused recurrence. Continuous kicks of a spaming nature would be considered abuse. Leaving a match to then later rejoin to attempt to kick someone again would be abuse. And any other form of harassing by vote kick. If you loss your VIP/ PM privileges for then 3 times in a year you have the possibilities to never regain VIP/ PM privileges.

Sounds a little more fair, in some aspects.

Core2DuoOC

Hrm, $15 is pretty reasonable. But restricting it to credit card only would cut even those who buy zp off a bit, since even I use alternative methods like Ultimate Gamer Cards. But the BP solution might be nice, something else to use the bonus points for, and not something that can be gained through surveys, or at least not easily. Dunno about the amount though, would ahve to gauge that around.

As for the kick immune thingy, as said, this is simply what other versions have implemented. A stronger vote resistance would be just as good. Though the unlimited kicking I feel would be more use to abuse. Especially in our community. But, if they do indeed create a system based on 'karma', then it probably would help.

Definately something to ponder on though. Thanks for the input.
  • Won't work effectively. One word: Farmers.
    Second word: ZP who.res.
    Add them both together: The average BR as soon as Pay-For-VIP comes out.
    On top of this all, it'd mean all the hackers would buy it and use it, creating chaos. Or even worse, thanks to the poor security this game has, they'll find a way to exploit it completely and make f11 note work at all or go back to the old room crashing days. Then there's the legality issues with implementing something such as this. There's still no guarantee they won't hack, cheat, ect.
    It's nice, but I'd rather just get rid of votekicking altogether first before this.
    Think about it, a pompous 12 year old, spoiled rotten, playing on an account which can't be kicked. That's half of the fun of the game right there gone.
    Overall, good idea but the end result wouldn't work out very well in the end.
    Just gotta suck it up and live with votekicking for a bit longer. -.-
    Respectfully,
    PROACEX1
  • So true. MM has already turned into a "ooh look at mai gun, sexier than your's" competition, but kids bragging and get bit.chey that they can't be kicked, would be FAR more annoying than any aspect of the current system.

too rite
    some black kid stalkin me blockin me cos he want a 600round gatlin
    sooooooooo funny :L
  • It's a good idea.

Hacker room host?

Leave? is it really that big of a deal?
    You remember the name and don't play in their room again.
    If you create a room then you can instantly boot them!
    Report them and get them "banned" misnomer (z8 swears it works even though it doesn't though... So yes do this!).

Noob room host?

You get kicked, you know who the noob is (unlike now).
    You remember the name and don't play in their room again.
    If you create a room then you can instantly boot them!

Create your own room

To avoid both the above scenarios simply create your own room...

And the other plus side is that if your intelligent and can spot an hacker from a pro you can become known as a fair host by other intelligent players, so they will want to be in your room every time (the noobs that cry hack? well they'll hate this room and they will find your noob host in the example above and all noobs will be happy together kicking away). There can be no hackers in a properly moderated room either!

Find decent hosts

Like above but rooms made by some else^

Cost?

I wouldn't pay a penny or a dime just to be able to play normally, as the game was intended. It should be free maybe without the benefits but room mod ability hell yes.
  • ok not a good idea .... besides as you said itd be abuse it would be chaos and I like CF as it is.
    Rougly $160 dollars worth of zp? Haha, wow, I don't think I love the game that much to spend all at once.

Thats what i want.Cuz VIP would f--- the game.