Possible solutions to the loading errors.

2»

Comments

• I have some problems 1 - i don't have in program files a Z8games is that a problem?
    My AVG is not AVG 7.5 Network Edition its AVG Free and i don't have control center when i go resident shield.
    3 - when i do all this i don't find check names.
    i hope u help me :/
  • I kept getting the file is changed error, and wrong crc has been detected, i restarted computer and the wrong crc thing didnt pop up again, I still got the file changed error, and decided to redownload (since there is no fixes for people that don't use antivirus)
    is there anywhere to download the newest client at a faster speed other than from z8games webpage, because I can only get 200kbs max, and it will take 2 hours to download.
    I downloaded the client from torrent a week ago, and now theres no torrent option.
    and what version is crossfire at? seems z8games cant keep their cf download up to date.
    WHY IS THERE ALWAYS THESE DAMN PROBLEMS WHEN NEW PATCHES COME IN, this game has been out over a year, and has THE MOST problems with patching out of every game i've played.. this isnt beta anymore, get your **** working right plz.
  • Maybe someone will come up with a way to fix these errors for people that don't use antivirus, because apparently its not antivirus causing the problem.
    (firewalls are disabled also)
  • ok, i am open to something new. what am i doing wrong here?

Error
    File is change W[2007] L[0]
    CShell.dll

deleted entire root folder for game....reinstalled it

tried solutions for resident shield exceptions (AVG 8.5)...added the following
    crosfire.exe\
    c:\program files\z8games
    c:\program files\z8games\crossfire

found crossfire.exe in virus vault. restored it back to it's home c:\program files\z8games\crossfire\crossfire.exe

have made each change 1-at-a-time and rebooted....

i am now left with popping my beer open and reading to see what else i can try :-(

anyone have any solutions that i have NOT tried?
  • ChillyHSu wrote: »
    I kept getting the file is changed error, and wrong crc has been detected, i restarted computer and the wrong crc thing didnt pop up again, I still got the file changed error, and decided to redownload (since there is no fixes for people that don't use antivirus)
    is there anywhere to download the newest client at a faster speed other than from z8games webpage, because I can only get 200kbs max, and it will take 2 hours to download.
    I downloaded the client from torrent a week ago, and now theres no torrent option.
    and what version is crossfire at? seems z8games cant keep their cf download up to date.
    WHY IS THERE ALWAYS THESE DAMN PROBLEMS WHEN NEW PATCHES COME IN, this game has been out over a year, and has THE MOST problems with patching out of every game i've played.. this isnt beta anymore, get your **** working right plz.
    ChillyHSu wrote: »
    Maybe someone will come up with a way to fix these errors for people that don't use antivirus, because apparently its not antivirus causing the problem.
    (firewalls are disabled also)

The Anti-Virus IS the problem for SOME people.

Try downloading CF with this new method:
    The New Cross Fire downloader
  • [GS]Raven wrote: »
    ok, i am open to something new. what am i doing wrong here?

Error
    File is change W[2007] L[0]
    CShell.dll

deleted entire root folder for game....reinstalled it

tried solutions for resident shield exceptions (AVG 8.5)...added the following
    crosfire.exe\
    c:\program files\z8games
    c:\program files\z8games\crossfire

found crossfire.exe in virus vault. restored it back to it's home c:\program files\z8games\crossfire\crossfire.exe

have made each change 1-at-a-time and rebooted....

i am now left with popping my beer open and reading to see what else i can try :-(

anyone have any solutions that i have NOT tried?

That's weird b/c it worked for some ppl with the same problem.
  • I have the same problme but a litle diference: File is changed : W[2007] L[2]
    crossfire.exe

Pls help us...
  • flcflc wrote: »
    I have the same problme but a litle diference: File is changed : W[2007] L[2]
    crossfire.exe

Pls help us...
    Try my solution. Read the first post.
  • SiilenceR wrote: »

That's weird b/c it worked for some ppl with the same problem.

ok, i duno EXACTLY how i fixed it...but i added that cshell.dll file to exception. deleted root folder again and reinstalled it...

works now ....
  • [GS]Raven wrote: »
    ok, i duno EXACTLY how i fixed it...but i added that cshell.dll file to exception. deleted root folder again and reinstalled it...

works now ....
    Good to know. Have fun now!
  • FINALLY! After 2 hrs of RE DLing.. Fiddling out my AVG... I managed to sort it out.

Thanks to all the people who posted here for some advice, especially Silencer.

+1 bro.
  • bryanzkie wrote: »
    FINALLY! After 2 hrs of RE DLing.. Fiddling out my AVG... I managed to sort it out.

Thanks to all the people who posted here for some advice, especially Silencer.

+1 bro.
    No problem mate. Glad to hear it's finally working for you :P
  • Thx bro!

It worked, if using AVG you have to add the exception into your Resident Shield as Silencer pointed out...Adding exception to your anti-virus part of AVG doesnt do it...also disabling AVG through your start menu 'tray' doesnt do it either, unless maybe u disable your "Resident Shield" through AVG control panel itself...(not recommended)....

Also i wanted to point out...i personally use Avira and didnt have the problem *hint hint*...

so to recap, if your getting the "File is moved" error, LISTEN TO SILENCER!

Thx again br0 >.0

_FrY_
  • MuShr0om wrote: »
    It worked, if using AVG you have to add the exception into your Resident Shield as Silencer pointed out...Adding exception to your anti-virus part of AVG doesnt do it...also disabling AVG through your start menu 'tray' doesnt do it either, unless maybe u disable your "Resident Shield" through AVG control panel itself...(not recommended)....

Also i wanted to point out...i personally use Avira and didnt have the problem *hint hint*...

so to recap, if your getting the "File is moved" error, LISTEN TO SILENCER!

Thx again br0 >.0

_FrY_
    Thanks for the info!

Btw, no problem, I'm here to help :P
  • AdamLZJH wrote: »
    you're amazing that worked i owe you 20k zp
    Fixed that for you :P

No problem mate.
  • guys i am not good in english but ill give you my idea anyway
    i think you guys should uninstall the game and install it again but don't run it .. first you got to do as SiilenceR said ...

Add the CrossFire folder (Z8Games/CrossFire) to your Anti-Virus Exclusion List.

Usually it's located at the Configuration/Options menu. If you can't find it just make a new post with your Anti-Virus information, Name, Version, etc.

and the rest of the explain

after doing that ..run it and let me know if the game works
  • i got avg 8.5. can u tell me what i have to do?
  • sure ...

look at this picture

avg-85-overview2.jpg

in the security components and status overview you will found
    resident shield .. double click on it

this window is comin

avg2.jpg

look down you will found [manage exceptions]
    click on it

this window will be showin

avg3.jpg

click on [add path]

then search for [C:\Program Files\Z8Games\CrossFire\crossfire.exe] and click ok

and apply then ok

and i wish you forgive me because i didn't take these photos or i didn't continue the explain by photos because i Collected them from google search

do it and let me know the results.... brb
  • File has been Changed:W[2007] L[0] crossfire.exe

Guys i really need help Before the new Update Spring patch thingy it was fine but now it loads the patcher the the file has been change thing comes up i have re installed it 100time but no use and i have NORTON ANTIVIRUS and WINDOWS 7 any help please?!!?!
  • how do i fix it if i have microsoft security essentials?