get trusted users to help with hack reports?

just a suggestion, sure its been suggested before, but maybe the GMs can pick a couple of trusted forumers to take hack reports and watch them (someone with time to spare, couple hours a day or so) just to help with the hack.er problem.

Comments

• just a suggestion, sure its been suggested before, but maybe the GMs can pick a couple of trusted forumers to take hack reports and watch them (someone with time to spare, couple hours a day or so) just to help with the hack.er problem.

yea and have more of them play as the GM's have said they cant do anything as anti hacks systems have failed but if you have alot more play and actually catch hackers in game that would be alot better and mayb soon there would be a anti hack system that wouldnt fail so quick :\
  • Nice Idea, But as a mod that is what we are there for. We get pm'd by several gm's asking us if we would kindly watch them and take not of what happens at what times. And tell them.
  • Yeah ill love banning those choobs ill gladly help!!
  • Nice Idea, But as a mod that is what we are there for. We get pm'd by several gm's asking us if we would kindly watch them and take not of what happens at what times. And tell them.
    maybe you guys can recruit more Mods, I know theirs a lot of trust trustworthy players out there who would gladly help for free,"i don't know if you guys get payed to mod" Anyways i like your idea.
  • these people would be like mods but without the forum powers.

oo i got ya,that would work. We could all take it upon our self to take screen shots and vids of ppl cheating and send them to the mods.It would be a lot more work for the mods to go thru it all, but any little bit helps.
    I'm out night all.
  • i thought that's what the mods are for...lol

That doesnt really make you a MOD. i mean, yea the name fits and all, but Mods are for all around, not just hacker replay moderators.

But I still love the idea, and would be willing to help if i got the chance.
  • Why not have undercover players that can ban people during their own games?
    I am sure alot of players would volunteer for that. They simply have to save the replay of every time they ban someone as evidence.
    I know i would volunteer, that way as i play, i can slowly weed out the cheats.
  • just a suggestion, sure its been suggested before, but maybe the GMs can pick a couple of trusted forumers to take hack reports and watch them (someone with time to spare, couple hours a day or so) just to help with the hack.er problem.

i played against you today in GM and i didnt QQ :)
  • cross fire il gioco se rovinato
    lazarus123 wrote: »
    yea and have more of them play as the GM's have said they cant do anything as anti hacks systems have failed but if you have alot more play and actually catch hackers in game that would be alot better and mayb soon there would be a anti hack system that wouldnt fail so quick :\

io non gioco piu a cross fire solo perche so giocare e mi kikkano e non posso fare mai na partita completa pero gli hack si divertono e imbot ma io dico e speculazione sta cosa o non riuscite a gestire un gioco bellissimo che ormai se rovinato?
  • Trusted users are impossible to find unfortunately.

The company policy is there for the GM's and employee's to issue the bans, not anyone else. This protects all users.

While we do apologize that the process right this very moment for reporting hackers is cumbersome at best. We're working on improving this process.

This process also includes help from MODS and other "trusted" people to help us with some of the grunt work that goes behind getting a report view/reported/banned. Often times there is little to no information given in a report, or the replay has to be cataloged etc. The entire process has to be documented and archived for a certain amount of time in case there are disputes. We need to be able to recall the evidence and justify the ban if someone makes a stink. (yet another reason to keep 'hackusations' off the public boards)

As a result the GM's are the ones pressing the ban button, but there is help behind the scenes. So while they all start in my inbox, they don't always end up there.

Hopefully this lends a little insight into whats going on. Making sure to include the EXACT In-Game-Name of the hacker, and the type of hack they use and potentially an approximate time in the replay you think they started to hack goes a long way in helping us clear the clutter faster.

There are other anti-hacking priorities going on right now as well that are slowing down this process, but hopefully when we come out of the end of it the game will be better for it. I will also be looking at re-writing the hacker report guide to better stream line it for you guys so that more time is spent getting quality information.